Exporting Outlook mail to another machine to synch email

Outlook 2003

Assume ComputerOne and ComputerTwo use the identical mail server.
I want to synch the email on both machines.
Say I delete all the email on ComputerTwo.
I export Outlook mail from ComputerOne and import it into Computer2.

After the import, ComputerTwo email should be in synch with ComputerOne.

However, when ComputerTwo goes to the mail server, it downloads duplicates
of what is already there.

Outlook does not seem to recognize that it already has a given email from
the mail server.

Is there a way to prevent duplicates from being downloaded?

Thanks

0
no.email1 (31)

Don't use export and import for such a task! There are many, many better
ways of synchronizing mail on multiple computers. What account type(s)
do you use?

John wrote:
> Outlook 2003
>
> Assume ComputerOne and ComputerTwo use the identical mail server.
> I want to synch the email on both machines.
> Say I delete all the email on ComputerTwo.
> I export Outlook mail from ComputerOne and import it into Computer2.
>
> After the import, ComputerTwo email should be in synch with ComputerOne.
>
> However, when ComputerTwo goes to the mail server, it downloads duplicates
> of what is already there.
>
> Outlook does not seem to recognize that it already has a given email from
> the mail server.
>
> Is there a way to prevent duplicates from being downloaded?
>
> Thanks
0
nobody5975 (31)
4/19/2007 3:08:39 AM
I am using an outlook.pst file i.e. not using an exchange server.

Is there a commercial or open source program which works for synching
outlook on two machines?

Thank you for your help.

0
no.email1 (31)

Start here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm
--
Brian Tillman
0

What is your experience using any of the products mentioned at this link?

0
no.email1 (31)
4/24/2007 2:52:11 PM
John <no.email@no.email.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the link.

You're welcome.

> What is your experience using any of the products mentioned at this
> link?

Zero.  I don't use any of them.
--
Brian Tillman