Exporting mail

When I try to export mail folders for either backing up or
transfering. The message "Export could not be performed
An error occured while initialising MAP1"

Can anyone please make any suggestions

"derek" <pressgen.co@btconnect.com> wrote in message
> When I try to export mail folders for either backing up or
> transfering. The message "Export could not be performed
> An error occured while initialising MAP1"
>
> Can anyone please make any suggestions

Why not just COPY the pst file? It's as easy as that.

0
me9 (928)
1/15/2004 5:11:36 PM
derek <pressgen.co@btconnect.com> wrote:

> When I try to export mail folders for either backing up or
> transfering. The message "Export could not be performed
> An error occured while initialising MAP1"

Don't export ANYTHING to make a backup or to transfer.  Simply copy the PST
file.  Once copied, that's your backup.  Just use File>Open in Outlook to
examine it.  FOr transferring, just copy to the machine you want and Open
it.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
1/15/2004 7:29:48 PM
"Brian Tillman" <Tillman@sparkingwire.com> wrote in message
> derek <pressgen.co@btconnect.com> wrote:
>
> > When I try to export mail folders for either backing up or
> > transfering. The message "Export could not be performed
> > An error occured while initialising MAP1"
>
> Don't export ANYTHING to make a backup or to transfer.  Simply copy the
PST
> file.  Once copied, that's your backup.  Just use File>Open in Outlook to
> examine it.  FOr transferring, just copy to the machine you want and Open
> it.

 think the OP is talking about exporting from OE , which of course only
exports to Outlook or Exchange, so if the OP hasn't got Outlook, he'd get
that error message.......

0
me9 (928)
1/15/2004 8:38:01 PM
Rifleman <me9@privacy.net> wrote:

>  think the OP is talking about exporting from OE , which of course
> only exports to Outlook or Exchange, so if the OP hasn't got Outlook,
> he'd get that error message.......

Ah, yes.  Makes sense now.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Export to excel 2007 ASP.NET
Hi, I trying to export the gridview data to excel 2007 it is working fine in windows xp prompting a dialogbox save, cancel,open, when we are accesing the url from client machine where windows vista has got installed on it, it is not asking for open,save dialog box rather it directly asking for dialogbox "file is of different type do you want to open it" I want open,save ,cancel dialog box tobe prompted and it should not ask for above message ie, 'do u want to open' can anybody help me out its urgent ...

Duplicate e-mails #8
I receive 2 copies of every e-mail sent to me on outlook. How can I limit receipt to one copy only? One thing I can think of is that you have a rule checked that has been created that makes copies of emails sent to you. (Because I know you can create rules that do that). To test and see if it is a rule doing it, click Tools/Rules Wizard and uncheck every single box. Then send yourself a test message and see if that fixes the problem. If so, you have a rule setup that is making a copy of messages you receive and you'll just have to find which rule it is. If that doesn't fix i...

Animated stationery for Outlook Express e-mail
Can anyone tell me where to find free animated stationery (backgrounds with graphics) for use with Outlook Express e-mail. I came across some for Halloween on the Microsoft website, but I can't seem to find any others to download, from Microsoft or other sources. Thank you! "Jade P." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:065a01c39e75$2565b2d0$a101280a@phx.gbl: > Can anyone tell me where to find free animated stationery > (backgrounds with graphics) for use with Outlook Express > e-mail. I came across some for Halloween on the > Microso...

Export Several Worksheet Groups (Values Only) Macro
Hi All, I need some help please... I have a workbook (which due to many pivots and formulae is massive), I need a macro to export groups of sheets to new workbooks (each time it is run) then return to the workbook and export another group for example: I need Belgium & Netherlands to be exported (values only) to one workbook, then from the original workbook I need Spain & Switzerland exported to another fresh workbook, so in the end I have 3 files, one original, one with Bel & Neth, and the other with Spa & Swi. I also need the data to be exported as values ...

IMAP New mail issue
Have had IMAP setup in Outlook 2000 for quite a while to 4 different mailboxes. It's always worked ok, picking up new message headers etc and downloading messages. Now however, it does not recognise that there are new mail messages (there definately are as I can check this via webmail). Strangely though, Outlook Express works fine. Any thoughts? Have checked permissions, spoken to ISP (no issues their end) etc etc. Turned on Logging and both the logs for Outlook and Outlook Express show that there are 8 messages of which 3 new etc BUT whereas Express continues to the FETCH stage befor...

Send mail with SMTP alias address?
Hi! We deployed Exchange 2003 with SP2. Our users úse Outlook 2003 to access their own mailboxes. Some users have many mail aliases. For example, User01 has the mailbox user01@mydomain.com, and also the mail alias user01@my ABC.com. The user User01 want to send mails also with SMTP alias address, user01@my ABC.com. Is it possible? If yes, how? Best Regards Cicek Just set the alias as the primary smtp address. Dependant on how your infrastructure is setup, you may need your ISP to make a few changes. If there are other users using the @myabc.com addresses, then this should not b...

Redirecting NDR to a mail enabled Public Folder does not work.
Hi, We wish to redirect the NDR's which are created for non- existing accounts, to be redirected to a mail enabled Public Folder. The mail enable folder has been created and accepts any mail directly addressed to the folder. We also tested that redirection works by selecting the administrators account. But when the folder account is selected, no NDR's are recieved. Does anyone have an idear on how to fix this issue. Thanks in advance Craigh ...

Outlook 2000
Okay here is my problem and I have been searching everywhere to see if there is a way around it. At work, we use Outlook 2000, corporate mode since we use an exchange server (we'll call it exchange@server.com). I also have an internet e-mail account for the consulting company I work for (we'll call it internet@mail.com) that I like to check both at work and at home. The only problem is when I get messages to internet@mail.com and reply, it is from exchange@server.com...but I want it to appear it came from internet@mail.com. When replying, I can go into options and change the reply to...

Outlook Failing when mail server is unavailable
If I open outlook (XP) when one of my mail servers is unavailable, I get an error message, and the system restarts outlook. shlwapi.dll is the culprit in the resulting error message that is sent off to microsoft. I have run Detect and Repair and started in safe mode, but no matter what I do, it won't start up if there is no connectivity. Any ideas? Edog Have you done a "Windowsupdate" already? I believe the file has had some fixes over time. -- Roady www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Q...

Cannot send any e-mail messages "The operation failed. An object could not be found"
Hello, I have been having massive problems with Outlook 2007, as of late. After having solved my initial problems with this programme (constant crashing when adding .pdf files, for example), I am now facing a new ordeal; whenever I try sending a message I constantly get the message "The operation failed. An object could not be found". I have tried several options to resolve this issue. Among those: 1. Adding a new profile. 2. Deleting my old profiles. 3. Running the scanpst.exe 4. Running Office Diagnostics. 5. Re-installing Outlook. De-installation is not an opti...

How to 'Prevent forwarding mail in outlook'
In Outlook, how to send an email with a security setting that prevents the recipients from forwarding it. Can this be acheived without buying any 3rd party software. <pohkeat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1184222660.324350.262510@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > In Outlook, how to send an email with a security setting that prevents > the recipients from forwarding it. Can this be acheived without buying > any 3rd party software. > > No, unless you are within a Windows server 2003 domain...and 3rd party software won't do it either. Once that email has let your...

e-mail pictures
Trying to e-mail pics through Office picture manager. I select pictures and click "Create Message" and a message pops up. "The message could not be created. If Outlook is running, make sure it has no open dialog boxes, and then try again." I don't have Outlook running at all. Please help. I was able to send some last week and have not changed any settings. ...

Forward to multiple e-mail addresses
Hello, I am trying to forward one e-mail address to two external e-mail addresses. Example: If a message comes in for bob@mydomain.com I would like to forward it to bob@gmail.com and bob@yahoo.com. Thanks, Danny "Dannyb" <dannyb@alianza.com> wrote in message news:OKwJ18%23DGHA.2292@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, I am trying to forward one e-mail address to two external e-mail > addresses. Example: If a message comes in for bob@mydomain.com I would > like to forward it to bob@gmail.com and bob@yahoo.com. Thanks, > Danny > Create the two contacts...

Outlook 2003-->Outlook Connector--> MSN Mail Problems
This is a long story, but I'll try to make it brief. I want to connect from Outlook 2003 (SP1) to My MSN9 Mail account (Dialup), using the Outlook Connector (I am running Windows XP SP2). #1. Because I have had so much trouble going from Outlook 2003 to MOOL to MSN Mail, I tried connecting directly from Outlook 2003 to MSN Mail. No problem! Works great connects almost 100% of the time, sends and receives email. Only problem is I can't utilize Calendar and Contacts. #2. OK, so I download the MOOL and install it and it says it is configured to connect to my MSN Mail account. Wron...

No more Microsoft Mail??
I'm integrating my first XP machine into my office LAN, where we normally use Microsoft Mail for internal mail. Now I see that Outlook 2003 (on the XP machine) doesn't support this. So how do I go about establishing an internal mail system in a mixed (XP, 98, NT) network environment? And please don't tell me I have to buy Exchange Server to do this! Aargh Any advice is MUCH appreciated. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/msmail.htm for an unsupported way of using MS Mail with Outlook 2003. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners...

How to e-mail link to shared folder
Hello all, I'm not having much luck with this one. I've researched this on Google and have come up dry other than this one http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=158135. We've just migrated to Exchange/Outlook 2003 from Lotus Notes and am looking for a way to send an e-mail message that contains a link/hyperlink to a particular post under a shared folder. We frequently produce "How to" articles and e-mail a link to all users to notify them of the new info. In Lotus Notes we'd just add a link/hyperlink in the e-mail message that users could click on to bring them direc...

I can not get the new mail notification to work with Outlook 2007
I recently bought and installed Office 2007. I can not get the sound for new email notification to work. Why not? Do you have sounds configured for new mail notifications under = control panel? Do you have rules that move mail to subfolders on = arrival? If yes, then sounds will not play for those mails. You may = need to define a rule to have a new mail notification sound played for = all mail sent to you, irrespective of rules. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be del...

Mails from some domains not being received
My Exchange 2007 SP1 (part of SBS 2008) is not receiving mails from at least two domains hosted on acmkokeaea.gs01.gridserver.com. Though the IP address has been added in the IP Allow list the mails do not reach the Exchange and are not being bounced. How can this be corrected? Thanking you, Rajiv K Khandelwal Rajiv K Khandelwal <rajiv@vardaan.nospam.net> wrote: > My Exchange 2007 SP1 (part of SBS 2008) is not receiving mails from > at least two domains hosted on acmkokeaea.gs01.gridserver.com. Though > the IP address has been added in the IP Allow list the...

Outbox holding mail
I send mail to discover it is appearing to stay in the outbox. However, I learn that the mail actually did go. The outbox indicates it is sending the mail but it is locked-up. While this happens I can not receive any mail. ...

Exporting permissions of mailboxes
Is there a way to export a list of who has what access to mailboxes??? Instead of going to properties of each generic account mailbox, perhaps there is a better way? Exchange 2003 SP2 It depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for access that was granted through ADUC then you'll need a script: http://gsexdev.blogspot.com/2005/04/reverse-msexchmailboxsecuritydescripto.html If you want to report on delegations then I would use PFDAVAdmin: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555311 Teo "Calvin.Lai@shaw.ca" wrote: > Is there a way to export a list o...

how do I use Microsoft Ooutlook with Yahoo Mail
I use Microsoft Outlook. How do I use Yahoo Mail with the M/O. I do all it says and I still cannot get it to work. Debby Townsend wrote: > I use Microsoft Outlook. How do I use Yahoo Mail with the M/O. I do > all it says and I still cannot get it to work. Unless you have a paid account , or use yahoo UK then you can't. Thank you Gordon. I live in Totola, British Virgin Islands so will need to go into Cable and Wireless to find out what the ISP address is. But how come you can use Outlook Express with an account like Hotmail? Thanks again Debby "Gordon" wrote: &g...

Outlook notification via e-mail
Hello, I am in the process of switching from Lotus to Outlook. I was able to send e-mail notifications as reminders of calendar events and tasks due with Lotus. How do I do this in Outlook? Thanks. You should use Calendar and set the reminder button to have the appt pop up when you open Outlook. "Trevor" wrote: > Hello, > I am in the process of switching from Lotus to Outlook. I was able to send > e-mail notifications as reminders of calendar events and tasks due with > Lotus. How do I do this in Outlook? > Thanks. I need Outlook to send a text message to ...

Outlook 2007 will only receive my yahoo mail, not send.
I just installed Office 2007 Ultimate. I have a Yahoo! account so I when I setup Outlook I put in my Yahoo! info. It immediately imported all my mail from my Yahoo! inbox. BUT it won't send any of my mail. It keeps trying I guess, but even though I am pressing the "send/receive" button, it doesn't send. What do I need to do to send mail from Outlook which is via Yahoo!? ...

"Mail cannot be sent" error
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap Everything has run fine since release of the sw but not when I try to send an email I get an error that the computer is not connected to a network--which is untrue since I'm on DSL, and all other internet applications function as normal. <br><br>Any ideas? ...

HELP: Choosing Outgoing Mail Account
I'm running OL2000. I need to occasionally send e-mail from an account other than my default mail account. Is there an easy way to choose a different account for an occasional message without changing the defult, sending the message, then changing it back? I thought I read something about an improvement in this area with OL2002. Is that true? If so, how does it work? Thanks. -- Michael Greer http://www.greeraa.com http://www.mikegreer.com Outlook 2002 has an Accounts drop down menu on the new message form. You can simply choose your outgoing mail account from any you have configured....