Exporting emails from Outlook 2003 #2

I have a folder that contains over 500 threads on technical matters on a
subject.
I have tried to use Export to Exel but this does not transfere all the
information over including not giving all the text in the body of the email.

A similar problem is saving an email to a folder outside outlook it doesn't
show the date so you may have a huge list of items all titled but not dated
in the title

Please can anybody help?
0
stevtb (1)

Hi stevtb

why do you want to export the emails. What is the target/reson to export the
emails?

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share Outlook without Exchange (Vista Ready): Public ShareFolder

"stevtb" <stevtb@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I have a folder that contains over 500 threads on technical matters on a
> subject.
> I have tried to use Export to Exel but this does not transfere all the
> information over including not giving all the text in the body of the
> email.
>

> A similar problem is saving an email to a folder outside outlook it
> doesn't
> show the date so you may have a huge list of items all titled but not
> dated
> in the title
>
> Please can anybody help?

0
trash5936 (201)
11/14/2008 1:40:18 PM
if the messages are huge, the content may exceed the capacity of a cell.

see http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/copyto/excel.htm for another way to
get the data into excel.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"stevtb" <stevtb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a folder that contains over 500 threads on technical matters on a
> subject.
> I have tried to use Export to Exel but this does not transfere all the
> information over including not giving all the text in the body of the
> email.
>

> A similar problem is saving an email to a folder outside outlook it
> doesn't
> show the date so you may have a huge list of items all titled but not
> dated
> in the title
>
> Please can anybody help?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

outlook.exe not terminating
I'm running Office XP with Outlook 2002 under Windows XP Pro, current as of today, except that I have reverted the IE update to the previous version of mshtml.dll that scrolls correctly (this has had no effect on the problem I am about to describe). I typically have a lot of applications running - no big deal as I have a 3.04 P4 with 1GB of memory. A problem that happens several times a day is that outlook.exe remains in the Task Manager process list after I shut Outlook down. In older versions, there used to be a message that said "Please wait while Outlook shuts down&qu...

Outlook blocking attachments
I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? Thanks, Dan Dan wrote: > I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with > a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is > that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? > > Thanks, > Dan try here: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm ...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Microsoft POS #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Max number of Rules in Outlook
Hi everyone: Just a simple question that may be a common curiosity: does anyone know what is the max number of rules I can set up in Outlook? I have reached about 70 rules and the I get the message that there is no further space on the server. Maybe it is just a matter of room and the number it is not a limitation? Thanks for answering. Cheers That's it indeed; you can only store up to 32KB of e-mail rules. Disabled rules don't count but you're properly better of combining some rules or see if they are still needed. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mo...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

Crash on 'Send"

Addressing within Exchange 2003