Exporting Database From Outlook 2000 to Microsoft XP

I am running Outlook 2000 in my office and want to copy
my database contacts, file and folders to my home
computer running XP. Is it possible? How?

When you say 'home computer running XP', do you mean Office XP?

It's easy to do. From Outlook 2000:

File -> import and export -> export to a file -> next -> personal folder
file -> next -> click the top level of the tree, select 'include
subfolders' -> next -> set the export location -> next -> name the pst ->
click OK.

Copy the file to your home machine.

From Office XP do the reverse, starting in Outlook XP -> File -> import and
export -> import from another program or file.

-Tom

Tom Groves <thomas.groves@oregonstate.edu> wrote:

> It's easy to do. From Outlook 2000:
>
> File -> import and export -> export to a file

No.  Do not export.  Just copy the PST to some transfer medium, like CD.
Take it home.  Copy it to HD and remove the read-only attribute.  Use
File>Open>Outlook Data File to open it.  Move things around to suit
yourself.  All done.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Max number of Rules in Outlook
Hi everyone: Just a simple question that may be a common curiosity: does anyone know what is the max number of rules I can set up in Outlook? I have reached about 70 rules and the I get the message that there is no further space on the server. Maybe it is just a matter of room and the number it is not a limitation? Thanks for answering. Cheers That's it indeed; you can only store up to 32KB of e-mail rules. Disabled rules don't count but you're properly better of combining some rules or see if they are still needed. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mo...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Outlook 2003

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

outlook 98 corperate forms

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

Outlook OOF

Help with a simple database
I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office. The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately. For example: GC Group 4/24/03 7831.1 $1,000.00 Alpha 1/20/03 7003.1 $2,000.00 Chandler 5/6/03 7050.1 $345.50 Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish is, suppose I added Tomsen 4/20/03 7873.1 $200.00 to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even worksheet, if possible) tit...