Exporting contacts in a csv file

I am a mysterious problem exporting my contacts as csv file.  The
resulting file has only 58 contacts out of almost 1200 contacts in my
outlook.  These contacts appear to be the last 58 contacts added.  (I
say appear because the attribute "createdon" is not exported so I
can't be exact.  Why is this?

cinnamngrl <cinnamngrl@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a mysterious problem exporting my contacts as csv file.  The
> resulting file has only 58 contacts out of almost 1200 contacts in my
> outlook.  These contacts appear to be the last 58 contacts added.  (I
> say appear because the attribute "createdon" is not exported so I
> can't be exact.  Why is this?

What version of Outlook?  How are you trying to export (exact steps)?  Are
the 1200 contacts all in a single Contacts folder?  Are you storing your
contacts in a PST or on an Exchange server?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
11/20/2007 12:45:51 PM
On Nov 20, 7:45 am, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> cinnamngrl<cinnamn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am a mysterious problem exporting my contacts as csv file.  The
> > resulting file has only 58 contacts out of almost 1200 contacts in my
> > outlook.  These contacts appear to be the last 58 contacts added.  (I
> > say appear because the attribute "createdon" is not exported so I
> > can't be exact.  Why is this?
>
> What version of Outlook?  How are you trying to export (exact steps)?  Are
> the 1200 contacts all in a single Contacts folder?  Are you storing your
> contacts in a PST or on an Exchange server?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

> 1. outlook 2000
>
> 2. import/export menu
> a.  export to a file
> b.  Comma Separated Values (Windows)
> c. Select Contacts folder
> d. save exported file as C:\Documents and Settings\xxx.xxx\My
> Documents
> \ contacts nov 20 2007.csv
> e. map custom fields choose default map
> f. export
>
> 3. pst
>
> I tried it again today and found that it exported 59 contacts which
> was the same 58 as yesterday and one that I added today.
cinnamngrl <cinnamngrl@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried it again today and found that it exported 59 contacts which
> was the same 58 as yesterday and one that I added today.

But you don't say if those 1,200 contacts are all in the same Contacts
folder.  If you open the CSV file in Excel, how many entries do you see?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
11/21/2007 7:44:58 PM
On Nov 21, 2:44 pm, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> cinnamngrl<cinnamn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I tried it again today and found that it exported 59 contacts which
> > was the same 58 as yesterday and one that I added today.
>
> But you don't say if those 1,200 contacts are all in the same Contacts
> folder.  If you open the CSV file in Excel, how many entries do you see?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

they are all in the same contacts folder.
When I open it in excel i see 59 contacts.
cinnamngrl <cinnamngrl@gmail.com> wrote:

> they are all in the same contacts folder.
> When I open it in excel i see 59 contacts.

Do all 1,200 contacts have properlyu formatted File As fields?  Is there
ANYTHING about the ones that don't import that looks different from the 59
that do?  If you open one that doesn't export, how does the entry look
compared to one that does?  Are all the fields defined?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
11/23/2007 7:18:20 PM
On Nov 23, 12:18 pm, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> cinnamngrl <cinnamn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > they are all in the same contacts folder.
> > When I open it in excel i see 59 contacts.
>
> Do all 1,200 contacts have properlyu formatted File As fields?  Is there
> ANYTHING about the ones that don't import that looks different from the 59
> that do?  If you open one that doesn't export, how does the entry look
> compared to one that does?  Are all the fields defined?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

The clearest difference that I can see is that these are last 59
contacts that I have added to my outlook.
cinnamngrl <cinnamngrl@gmail.com> wrote:

> The clearest difference that I can see is that these are last 59
> contacts that I have added to my outlook.

Try changing one of the earlier contcts in some way, perhaps by doing no
more than changing one character in the contacts name to itself (i.e., erase
a character and then type it again).  Save that contact and see if it
appears in an export.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

Lost Outlook contacts
I recently backed up my hard drive on DVD, then also kept the entire contents to another HD. I then reformated my C; drive, and reinstalled all of my programs. When I searched for my outlook info, I could only find backups I had specifically made for export (These are .PST files). Where was Outlook storing all of this information before, and have I lost it all? I hadn't made a backup for a few months, but all of the info was there each time I opened the program. HELP! I recently had to reinstall my OS and drivers on a new hard drive. I have access to my old drive and my data is ...

Outlook receiving zip files

unable to read file #7

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Publisher can not save file

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Numbering in Book Files
I am creating a tech manual where each chapter is its own file. I have created an outline numbered list and saved the list in a template that I then use to create the new chapters. However, I am finding that when I go into a new chapter that the outline numbering does not pick up on the chapter (Heading 1) number. For example: Chapter 1: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. But when I start my next chapter, when I update the chapter number to start at 2, I get this: Chapter 2: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. ...

Continuing problmes with chkdsk and PST file
My PST file is apparently corrupted, with "Data error, cyclic redundancy check" upon starting Outlook. As per earlier advice, i ran chkdsk /r. But, chkdsk hangs. The % done on phase 4, file data check, was moving along at 1% per every 1 to 5 minutes. Then, at exactly 50%, it just stopped moving. I left it for a few hours, but no further progress (so i interrupted it). The disk light was on continually, but no progress in % complete. Also, if scanpst.exe is run, windows crashes (blue screen). So, are there any further suggestions? Is there any disk utility more robust t...

Restoring Outlook Files
hi, I need to move the actual inbox, etc. from one hard drive to another. Which files do I look for? I had Outlook configured as an IMAP client. I keep looking for a master "inbox" or "mailbox" file, but am unable to find it. thanks for the help! rt brown Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:02b50...

Outlook 2000 slow to attach files
I am running Outlook 2000 with XP, and when I go to attach a file on the network, it is extremely slow. However, when I go to the same file through Windows Explorer, it is very quick. Does anyone know what this problem might be or how to fix it? ...

I Want a Warning Before Sending Email to Certain Contacts
Can someone tell me how to configure Outlook so that I will get a warning message before sending email to certain contacts? For example, I have certain contacts categorized as "adversary" or "client" and I would like Outlook to make me confirm that I do, in fact, want to send an email to anyone from those categories. The idea is to prevent myself (and colleagues) from accidentally sending an internal email to the wrong person because of Autocomplete, inadvertence, or some other mistake. Thanks in advance. Extra points for a firm-wide solution--something the s...

How can I export the outline window from Visio?
Having typed in a lot of information, I would like to see it in a "normal" outline view in Word. Is there a way to export the text to Word or just generically? I am using Visio 2007. TIA On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 02:26:02 -0800, tewald <tewald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Having typed in a lot of information, I would like to see it in a "normal" >outline view in Word. Is there a way to export the text to Word or just >generically? I am using Visio 2007. If you want to extract all the text from a diagram then you can use our: http://www.visio-utilitie...

problem opening up program/file

"Freeze panes" settings lost after opening file in two windows
I'm using Excel 2003. I've got a big Excel file with multiple tabs. Many of them use "freeze panes" to keep headings in place. I needed to flip back and forth between multiple tabs, so I opened the file in a second windows. Now, when I save it, all the "freeze pane" settings are lost. Any suggestions? Thanks. That Freeze panes setting is assocated with a window. Maybe you're not looking at the correct window or maybe you closed the window that had freeze panes applied. I'd try: Window|Arrange|horizontal to see if you still have multiple windows assoc...