Exporting and Importing data

I am replacing my bosses machine with a new dell laptop.
I need to move his outlook over and he wants it exactly as
it is on his old machine.

Will someone explain the easiest and most efficient way to
do this?
0
anonymous (74722)

If you are using exchange mailbox then the only thing you need to move over
is your boss's .pst and .pab files.  If he don't have those two files then
you don't need to do anything.  All the information is stored on the server.
Just reconfigure the new Outlook with his exchange mail information.

"lsoliz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am replacing my bosses machine with a new dell laptop.
> I need to move his outlook over and he wants it exactly as
> it is on his old machine.
>
> Will someone explain the easiest and most efficient way to
> do this?

0
chaule (9)
1/26/2004 9:08:07 PM
Since you didn't provide your Outlook version, I will assume you're using
Outlook 2002 or later  :-)  Look at the following two articles for help with
this -- one is a primer on Outlook files, and the other gives instructions
for moving to a new Outlook 2002 (or 2003) machine.

http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm
http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2002/up020605.htm#movetonew2002

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:43b601c3e44f$d5578d60$a301280a@phx.gbl,
lsoliz wrote:

> I am replacing my bosses machine with a new dell laptop.
> I need to move his outlook over and he wants it exactly as
> it is on his old machine.
>
> Will someone explain the easiest and most efficient way to
> do this?

Bug in Physical Inventory Import Procedure
Dear Microsoft. I am using the Phsycial Inventory Procedure and found that there is bug in the program of import procedure. This bug I have found and gone through using SQL Profile, what I investigate is the import procedure defined by you is have collaion error: Server: Msg 446, Level 16, State 9, Line 1 Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation. The error is not raising if you not use the temporary table as you are using [##ST_Validation_1]. What I did is that I follow step by step process of SQL profile and create the table [ST_Validation_1] instead of [##ST_Validation...

relative import path in public schema
I'm using a public set of schemas for GML, avaiable at www.opengis.net/gml. They all include or import each other but live in a folder hierarchy, so the import statement includes schemaLocation="../xlink/xlinks.xsd". I've written a schema that imports the top level one using schemaLocation="http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/3.1.0/base/feature.xsd". I've also tried downloading it and putting it in the schema cache but in both cases the build fails with 'Cannot resolve the schemaLocation attribute'. I'm using Visual C# 2005 Express and I'm new...

Import Eudora 5.x into Outlook 2002/XP?
I'm trying to import messages (and, less important, address book) from Windows Eudora Pro 5.x into MS Outlook XP. Doesn't work in Outlook and MS Knowledge Base says it only handles earlier Eudora versions. Qualcomm referred me to emailman.com, but I couldn't find any programs there that say they do it. I'm willing to use an intermediate program or format if necessary. What do you recommend? J. Celoni [e-mail address has dash not period after la] ...

const data type?
Hi, We know that 2.f denotes it's a float while 2L denotes it's a long integer. How to denote a short integer 2? I read relative inform in MSDN (const data type?) but cannot find it now. Please help. Thanks. Tony On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:43:42 -0700, Tony Young <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi, > >We know that 2.f denotes it's a float while 2L denotes it's a long >integer. How to denote a short integer 2? There's no suffix to denote short int literals, but you can use: static_cast<short>(2) Now, the question is, why do you think you ...

Move Outlook data from old PC to new PC
Does anyone have instructions on how to do this? Thanks! Posted here dozens of times each week:=20 http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Ron Hinds asked: | Does anyone have instructions on how to do this? Thanks! Posted several times a day. Never hesitate to read the group before you make us answer it yet again. The file you need is your Personal Folder...

Exporting email from Outlook to Excel 2003
I have a task of creating a monthly report which shows the following data from an outlook I need to create a column for: a.) The senders address b.) Date & time email was received c.) Message body part 1 d.) Message body part 2 The message body is currently delimited by lines but I could change that to anything. I would prefer to drag and drop the email into excel but I have tried and I don't get the message body. Can anyone guide me here? See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/customexport.htm for code samples to = help you get started with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Au...

Regression
In Excel 2003, I used the Data Analysis Toolkit to perform a linear regression. Does anyone know how I see the variance of each datapoint away from the line of best fit? Tools - data analysis - regression (i dont know if there is an option in this process that will display the data i am looking for) Thanks. WA - The Regression tool has a checkbox for Residuals, in which case it provides Residuals (difference between actual Y and predicted/fitted Y) for each data point. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "WA" <WA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

How Can I Prevent Data Entry In Same Category on the Same Date?
Hello... I hope that someone can help me. I have a worksheet for which I randomly enter scores for students in several categories throughout the day. Column Headings: Date StudentName Category1 Category2 Category3, etc. I would like for Excel to display a warning message if I attempt to enter a score in the SAME category on the SAME day. Does anyone know how I may do something like this? Thanks!!! Jessi Jessi, Select the Category1 cells, C2:C10 in this example. The dates are in A2:A10. The following presumes C2 is the active (white) cell of your selection. In Data - Valida...

Data Validation Query:
Hi Guys, First Post. I need help with the following: I have a row of cells that is custom formatted as H:MM 1) Users enter their overtime in hours and minutes (H:MM) What I am trying to do is have data validation that they can only put their overtime H:MM 2) I try and validate their input by going to DATA | VALIDATION | ALLOW | CUSTOM | and custom = H:MM For some reason this will not work. Does anybody know how to get this working? Any Help would be much appreciated. Rgds, Bw --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can choose "Time" from the Allow list...

Import/export #4
Someone from work asked me (they seem to think I'm a computer whiz--fools!!) if there was a simple way to import mail and settings from Eudora to Outlook and I seem to remember reading here that the best and safest way to do it is to go from Eudora to Outlook Express and then export from OE to Outlook. Am I remembering correctly? Thanks, Tim Possibly but there's a direct route in OL2003 (Tools menu > Import & Export) "TS Mathews" <nospam@nospam.ca> wrote in message news:3oo5tiF6sb0sU1@individual.net... > Someone from work asked me (they seem to think ...

Converting imported data
Hi all, Apologies if this has been asked before - did a search of the messages but didnt find the info. I have a database of accidents. The entries in the date field are all in the American format, i.e. 11/04/03. I need the UK format, 04/11/03 as my UK PC doesnt recognise these as dates. Is there a quick way of converting this column of over 1000 entries so that I can sort the data? Be gentle - I'm no expert on Excel. Many thanks, Shaun "Shawk" <shaunha@lineone.net.3-guesses> wrote in message news:bo7pi5$ks3$1@sparta.btinternet.com... > Hi all, > > Apolo...

Importing Excel Data
I'm receiving the following error message when I try to import a MS Excel 2007 file into Access 2007 (into a new table): The search key not found on any record. Then it tells me the file will not be imported. I've looked at the Excel file and don't see anything wrong with it -- any suggestions? Thanks! -- Jen Scott Look here: http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/t-92702.html Seems to be related to indexes. Regards Kevin "Jen Scott" <JenScott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56037922-D70F-41...

Pivot Tables, refreshing with additional data
This is probably obvious, but I can't figure it out or find it anywhere. I have a pivot table. At its simplest, it has "Ink Types" in rows, "Date" in Columns and Sum of "QTY" as data. I have grouped the Date fields by Month and Year This pivot table is based on a table on another sheet that contains specific sales data, with the date in mm/dd/yy format. If I select the specific rows in the data table that contain data, I can create my pivot table and everything is hunky-dory. However, I want to keep adding to this table, as new sales are posted. S...

How do I label data points in a scatter graph
Hello, I am trying to label a data point in a scatter plot but it keeps returning the x value. I'd like to have the store # instead. Basically I have Store #, Acceptance % and $ Value Eligible. Right now I have Acceptance % as my x-value and $ Value Eligible as my y- value. I'd like the plot point to return the store # assoicated with the x and y value. On Oct 26, 8:43 am, Justin <JustinFeh...@iowatelecom.net> wrote: > Hello, I am trying to label a data point in a scatter plot but it > keeps returning the x value. I'd like to have the store # instead. > Basical...

Splitting Data in a cell, left or right of a separator.
I need to split some data in a cell to the right of a separator, which is a colon. eg: "CONSUMABLE:HPC92298X" Would someone be able to point me in the right direction.. many thanks, Ross One way is to use Data > Text to Columns Select the column Click Data > Text to columns (Delimited) Click Next In step 2: Type a colon in the "Other:" box Click Finish -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "ross" <ross_anderson57@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:01AD4975-1539-411E-B5D8-04B569268783@microsoft.c...

Default Data/Log Folder for a SQL Instance?
I know that the default data and log folders for an instance are stored in the registry. I know how to obtain a list of all available SQL Instances on the network using the SqlDataSourceEnumerator static class. But is there a .NET way of getting the default data/log folders for any of the returned instances without accessing the registry of the server the instance resides on? "Joe Cool" <joecool1969@live.com> wrote in message news:da54313f-4aba-4fd7-9390-9b30e58b8422@c36g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I know that the default data and log folders for an instance ...

count recurring yes/no type data
I am not sure if this is possible..... I am working in a large spreadsheet containing inventory counts. I want to be able to display if an item is growing over period of months. Is there a way to do a count or something that would return the number of months this would be increasing, 0=no increase, 1=increase? Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Answer 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 4 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 2 =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:F2=1),--(B2:G2=1))+1 -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with g...

How do I fill data into mfc combo-box control in VS2008
In VS6.0, I could simply type in strings each seperated by Alt+Enter. In VS2008, I cannot input strings in property frame. How do I do that? -- Daewon YOON Type each of the strings separated by a semi-colon in the Property "Data". - Shoaib "TheOne" <daewon.yoon@gmail.com> wrote in message news:559afad2-d866-4798-bb0f-f5d59e3887c1@w8g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > In VS6.0, I could simply type in strings each seperated by Alt+Enter. > > In VS2008, I cannot input strings in property frame. How do I do that? > > -- > Daewon YOON > "The...

Where is the "Import-Export" option on the File menu for Outlook 2
I am trying to create a CSV file to enable me to downloand contacts. I have read numerous times that one uses the "Import and Export" function on the File menu. But, my Outlook '07 v 12.0.6514 does not have that option. I have even seen screen shots showing it (its between "data file management" and "archive") but it doesn't exist in my File menu. Does anyone know where to find "Import and Export"? In my copy it is under 'File' menu "david g" wrote: > I am trying to create a CSV file to enable me to downlo...

Roaming Profile Missing data
My roaming profile does not work entirely. Some information from my main computer will not appear on another computer when logging into the same profile account. Tested with text files on desktop. They do not appear. However, they do appear in the server folder. Why are they not replicating to the new desktop? On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 09:08:02 -0700, Dan Mazur <Dan Mazur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My roaming profile does not work entirely. Some information from my main >computer will not appear on another computer when logging into the same >profile account. Tes...

How do you combine subform data with mainform data?
Hello, I have simple project tracking database. The mainform is used to enter data about each project for four company divisions. The subform is tracks tasks for every project. However, each project may not have tasks. How can I create a report which shows data for ALL projects including tasks by division? When I combine these two, only those projects with tasks are included (I assume because a record was created for the task). My report keeps excluding projects with no tasks. Main table is linked to related table (one-to-many) via ProjectID: Main: ProjectID - primary key ProjectName...

Exel Data Entry
When entering data into an excel spreadsheet, it starts to recognise repetitive words being used which is very handy and time saving, however, one of the columns has stopped recognising anything. There are no blank spaces and I can't understand why it has stopped picking up the previous words. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks! If there are many similar entries, Autocomplete may appear to stop working, because so many letter must be entered before a unique match is found. Or if you're far from the previous entry, it may not be detected, as described in the fo...

If conditions for Data Entry Form
I have a excel database that I track multiple entries based on customer ID #s. Depending on the ID # depends on what sheet the data goes on. Each sheet is set up the same way, in a couple of the columns I have the vlookup formula that looks up the ID # that is typed in and if it is listed on the appointment sheet, that sheet tracks all the appointments, the vlookup (in column A of all the sheets) will display the appointment date (if one exist) otherwise it would be blank. What I need to know is two things: First is it possible to have the form put the new data on the proper s...

limiting data in a pivot table
I have a pivot table that is sorted by location, then machine, then has a list of downtime which is totaled by machine. What I want to do is only display the machine that are over a certain amount. I cant use the options to display the top so many because that constantly changes. ...

How do I stop excel graphing missing (#N/A) data?
I am trying to create a line graph with a series of data that contains #N/A "values" (which is generated through a formula) eg Month: Jan Feb Mar Apr Ma Weight: 3 6 9 #N/A Problem is excel will create a line between the March and May figures rather than leaving a gap in the line. Otherwise it then looks like I have the April data which I don't....argh!! I can change the formulas to produce something other that #N/A, eg "" but this causes the line to dip to zero Any help most appreciated Excel has no true missing value. ...