Export Outlook 2003 mail account settings ?

I'm sure this must be a FAQ, but I can't find the answer. Is there a way
to export Outlook 2003 mail account settings? I've got a load of PCs to
set up with several similar accounts, with OE this was simple.

--
Nigel M

"Time may be a great healer,
but he's a lousy beautician"
0
reply4166 (21)

Outlook 2003 has no account export. Instead, you can use a .prf file =
created with the Custom Installation Wizard or Custom Maintenance Wizard =
from the Office Resource Kit.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20

"Nigel M" <reply@thegroup.com> wrote in message =
> I'm sure this must be a FAQ, but I can't find the answer. Is there a =
way
> to export Outlook 2003 mail account settings? I've got a load of PCs =
> set up with several similar accounts, with OE this was simple.

0
suemvp (4038)
5/12/2005 1:28:23 PM
On 5/12/05 10:28:23, Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:

> Outlook 2003 has no account export. Instead, you can use a .prf file
> created with the Custom Installation Wizard or Custom Maintenance Wizard
> from the Office Resource Kit.

Is there a description what kind of setting this prf file includes? One
thing I'm wondering is whether it includes file paths. When I migrate from
one system to another, I may want to keep the settings, but not the
paths...

Gerhard
0
gefiedler (4)
5/12/2005 2:56:24 PM
In microsoft.public.outlook, Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:

>Outlook 2003 has no account export.

Thanks, how crazy! Where is the account info stored?

--
Nigel M

"Time may be a great healer,
but he's a lousy beautician"
0
reply4166 (21)
5/12/2005 3:34:54 PM
While the Office Resource Kit does include a great whitepaper on .prf =
files (see =
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011403051033.aspx), the =
best way to start learning about them is to generate one and take a look =
for yourself. You can include hard-coded file paths for .pst files or =
paths relative to the user's %userprofile%

"Gerhard Fiedler" <gefiedler@globo.com> wrote in message =
> On 5/12/05 10:28:23, Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
>=20
>> Outlook 2003 has no account export. Instead, you can use a .prf file
>> created with the Custom Installation Wizard or Custom Maintenance =
Wizard
>> from the Office Resource Kit.
>=20
> Is there a description what kind of setting this prf file includes? =
One
> thing I'm wondering is whether it includes file paths. When I migrate =
from
> one system to another, I may want to keep the settings, but not the
> paths...
>=20
> Gerhard
0
suemvp (4038)
5/12/2005 4:08:41 PM
Account information is stored in the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows =
NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles key in the =
registry. You can capture that key (or any registry key if you mess with =
the .ini file) with the Save My Settings wizard.=20

> In microsoft.public.outlook, Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
>=20
>>Outlook 2003 has no account export.=20
>=20
> Thanks, how crazy! Where is the account info stored?=20
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Nigel M
>=20
> "Time may be a great healer,=20
> but he's a lousy beautician"
0
suemvp (4038)
5/12/2005 4:10:05 PM
In microsoft.public.outlook, Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:

>Account information is stored in the HKCU\

Thanks. I was hoping for a way to copy the data, doesn't seem to work.

--
Nigel M

"Time may be a great healer,
but he's a lousy beautician"
0
reply4166 (21)
5/12/2005 4:52:04 PM
Can you tell me where in the registry Outlook stores the preference to
"Always prompt for user name and password"?

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Account information is stored in the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles key in the registry. You can capture that key (or any registry key if you mess with the .ini file) with the Save My Settings wizard.
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>      Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>      Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>      http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "Nigel M" <reply@thegroup.com> wrote in message news:oqt681pb4mur576la4qi763spf07trkcip@4ax.com...
> > In microsoft.public.outlook, Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> >
> >>Outlook 2003 has no account export.
> >
> > Thanks, how crazy! Where is the account info stored?
> >

> > --
> > Nigel M
> >
> > "Time may be a great healer,
> > but he's a lousy beautician"

0
arrbeejay (2)
6/17/2005 8:05:14 PM
Not without knowing what kind of account you're talking about (Exchange, =
POP, IMAP, etc) and then doing some work with Regmon or another registry =
change tool, which is a bit of investigation you could even do yourself. =

"arrbeejay" <arrbeejay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Can you tell me where in the registry Outlook stores the preference to =

> "Always prompt for user name and password"?
>=20
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>=20
>> Account information is stored in the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows =
NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles key in the =
registry. You can capture that key (or any registry key if you mess with =
the .ini file) with the Save My Settings wizard.=20
>>=20
>> "Nigel M" <reply@thegroup.com> wrote in message =
>> > In microsoft.public.outlook, Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
>> >=20
>> >=20
>> > Thanks, how crazy! Where is the account info stored?=20

0
suemvp (4038)
6/17/2005 8:16:31 PM
These are Exchange accounts.  I was hoping you might have this information
without having to dig -- or could direct me to a resource.  Thanks anyway.....

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Not without knowing what kind of account you're talking about (Exchange, POP, IMAP, etc) and then doing some work with Regmon or another registry change tool, which is a bit of investigation you could even do yourself.
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>      Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>      Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>      http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "arrbeejay" <arrbeejay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:967FB9B1-3512-4605-A021-059519A6E3B6@microsoft.com...
> > Can you tell me where in the registry Outlook stores the preference to
> > "Always prompt for user name and password"?
> >
> > "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Account information is stored in the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles key in the registry. You can capture that key (or any registry key if you mess with the .ini file) with the Save My Settings wizard.

0
arrbeejay (2)

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Max number of Rules in Outlook
Hi everyone: Just a simple question that may be a common curiosity: does anyone know what is the max number of rules I can set up in Outlook? I have reached about 70 rules and the I get the message that there is no further space on the server. Maybe it is just a matter of room and the number it is not a limitation? Thanks for answering. Cheers That's it indeed; you can only store up to 32KB of e-mail rules. Disabled rules don't count but you're properly better of combining some rules or see if they are still needed. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mo...

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2