Exclude Certain Recipients from Read Receipt

Windows XP
Office XP

I have a read receipt requested automatically to every email message I send
on my business email. I have several contacts from whom I do not want to
request a read receipt. Is there a VBA code or something that will request a
read receipt to every email message except those addresses which I specify.

You can use rules to request receipts and exceptions to the rule for those
that don't need them.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"W L" <puddytat_99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP
> Office XP
>
> I have a read receipt requested automatically to every email message I
> send
> on my business email. I have several contacts from whom I do not want to
> request a read receipt. Is there a VBA code or something that will request
> read receipt to every email message except those addresses which I
> specify.

0
dianenws (1904)
10/25/2004 3:36:20 PM
Thanks Diane, I wonder if you could be more specific. For instance, when I
bring up the rules wizard, I am not given an option to apply a rule before I
send a message.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message
> You can use rules to request receipts and exceptions to the rule for those
> that don't need them.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "W L" <puddytat_99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Windows XP
> > Office XP
> >
> > I have a read receipt requested automatically to every email message I
> > send
> > on my business email. I have several contacts from whom I do not want to
> > request a read receipt. Is there a VBA code or something that will
request
> > read receipt to every email message except those addresses which I
> > specify.

Choose new blank rule....
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041005.htm

--

> Thanks Diane, I wonder if you could be more specific. For instance, when I
> bring up the rules wizard, I am not given an option to apply a rule before
> send a message.
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message
>> You can use rules to request receipts and exceptions to the rule for
>> those
>> that don't need them.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

>> "W L" <puddytat_99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Windows XP
>> > Office XP
>> >
>> > I have a read receipt requested automatically to every email message I
>> > send
>> > on my business email. I have several contacts from whom I do not want
>> > request a read receipt. Is there a VBA code or something that will
> request
>> > read receipt to every email message except those addresses which I
>> > specify.

0
dianenws (1904)

need some help please, read inside, cheers!!
Hello Peeps! I am trying to work out a formula that can count multiple strings i.e. =COUNTIF($E$3:$E$40,"Setup") But not only have it count look for the word setup, have it look for another word to i.e!!! =COUNTIF($E$3:$E$40,"Setup", "Done") This doesn't work but u get the jist of what i need, any help would be much appreciated!!me! Thanks Alot Kami Wilson Use separate countifs: =COUNTIF($E$3:$E$40,"Setup") + COUNTIF($E$3:$E$40,"Done") Andy. "Wilson" <Lordwils@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:78na00ppvvbsqt...

Printing without certain text (i.e., answers, notes)
Does anyone know an easy way to print two versions of a document? For example, I need to print a student version without answers and instructor's notes. Thanks, TM One way would be to use a style (call it Answers for example), when you want to print out the students copies change the color of the style Answers to white. That should do it. "TM" <t_mccollough@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e6czHS2YDHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know an easy way to print two versions of a document? For > example, I need to print a student version without answers an...

Can Distribution List Sent Show Only One Recipient in Emails Recei
This is a re-write of a previous post, that didn’t get resolved. I’m restating it here to get a fresh start / better response. Also, please note that I’m not very technically savvy, so if there is a solve for this, please advise me in very plain language. Thanks in advance. Scenario: I'm a new user of Outlook 2007. Say I have a large group of clients. I want to create a boilerplate email for, that goes out to all the recipients. However, I want each email sent to be received by a single client, and at the same time not have that client be aware of the other clients (It...

I cannot read forwarded messages. I only get an email address
For some reason, when someone forwards a message to me all that shows up is the email address of the person who originally sent the message. Any ideas? Change your View>Encoding setting. "Michelle10000" wrote: > For some reason, when someone forwards a message to me all that shows up is > the email address of the person who originally sent the message. Any ideas? ...

Reading raw messages
I'm having a spam problem (yes, I know, who isn't!!!) and I would like to read the raw message, as it comes in from the POP server. I want to examine the message headers, etc. I can either do this in Outlook 2003 or in Exchange 2003, as I own and run both. When I was running MDaemon, I could access the mailbox store and read the raw messages. Ms, in their wisdom, in Exchange 2003, make this very difficult and hide this "raw" information away. I reckon Exchange Server is the place to look - if you export messages from Outlook 2003, even in text mode, you only get the sanitis...

Send email without read access for queues
I got the problem that a user should be able to send emails with the webclient but he should not be able to see the defined queues. Thats not possible. In my opinion it does not make sense at all that you need read privileges on queues to send emails out of the web client. That should be changed. My suggestions are: 1. Let users send emails when they have the privilege to create activities. or 2. Define a new privilege for sending emails AND (I find that one pretty important) 3. Show only those items in the queue that a user has at least read privileges for. In my case the user doe...

Incoming mail for domain not matched to recipient
Is there any way to have all incoming mail for my domain name that does NOT match my recipients be routed to a single user? Thanks! On Mon, 16 May 2005 12:00:48 -0400, "Jack Ingraham" <jack@selectivesoftware.com> wrote: >Is there any way to have all incoming mail for my domain name that does NOT >match my recipients be routed to a single user? > >Thanks! > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324021 http://www.aloaha.com/software-development/catch-all-mailbox.php http://turbogeeks.com/products/mailbasket.asp ...

Cash Receipts Apply to
Using IM to import cash receipts. The apply to exceeded the receipt amount and it was posted - is there a way to unapply part of this? If I go to the apply to window and try to unapply I receive an error. If I try to apply anything else for this customer I receive another error. Any suggestions? Thanks! ...

Paycode to be nontax upto a certain $ and taxed after certain $
Hi All, Not sure if this can be done in GP 10 Payroll, but is there a way to set-up a pay code that is non-taxable up to say $5000.00 but once the paycode reaches $5000.00 paid out to the employee it can be changed to be taxable? Do we have to set-up 2 paycodes and track it on our own or can we have GP track it? Thanks in advance -- TC You will have to create two pay codes and and track the amounts separately. You can set up a business alert to let you know when an employee has hit $5,000. If you have SmartList Builder, you could create a SmartList and then use it as a Reminder. ...

reading file name from folder function
I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please let me know. Thanks. Hi. >I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all >the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please see the getFileInfo( ) function in the tip, "How to compare the contents of two directories," on the following Web page for an example: http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/vba1.html HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http...

How to create a certain rule??
How can I create a rule that every time a users sends an email it also sends a copy of that email to another users inbox? I tried using the RULES wizzard but that didnt seem to help. Im also not sure if this is done on the Exchange server. User has OFFICE XP - 2002 You already posted this in the outlook.general group were I've answered it. Do not multi-post but simply address more than one (if relevant) newsgroup in a single post -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the mo...

Recipient Filtering
Good Day All, Okay, let me say what I want first. I would like to have an area within IMF to enter the e-mail addresses that I would like IMF not to filter. Meaning any e-mails coming from that address should not be filtered. Is that possible? I thought that the Recipient Filtering was the option for this, but its just for addresses that you don't want to get e-mails. Thanks. You can do this, although you need a hotfix to be able to make the registry changes: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=912587 Todd "Kirrin Jones" <kirrinjones@itbetterbelifeordeath-gmail.com&g...

Reading Outlook 2003 pst file in Outlook 2007
My computer recently died and has been replaced with a new one running Win 7 / Outlook 2007. Is there a way I can read my old Outlook 2003 emails without importing them into my current email folders? I don't want to clutter up my current inbox with old emails, but I still need access to them. I would like to import my contacts, however. Sure. Use file, open, outlook data file. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-r...

Reading Layout problem, and labels problem.
I am running XP Home Edition. I have Office 2003, Student and Teacher Edition, which has developed two Word problems. - The Reading Layout mode shows only one page instead of two. - When I define labels, there is no border around the labels on the screen. I only recently began creating labels, so I don't know when this came about. I have disabled System Restore, so that isn't an option. I reinstalled Office, but that didn't fix either of the Word problems. I used the Save My Settings Wizard for the reinstallation, and I wonder that that mi...

Calculate the total overlapping time of multiple tasks, excluding non-working times
I am developing a tracking calculator for an overall process. Within the overall process, there are 3 steps which are completed. These steps can be completed independently from one another, but can also (sometimes) overlap. I am trying to determine the total time for the overall process (from beginning to end), without counting the duplicated times where the steps are running parallel to one another, or times when some steps may be completed and are waiting for another to start. I have outlined the basic design of the worksheet below, with times in mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm format. S...

reading outlook file (email messages)
I would like to read outlook files from my previous computer that was saved onto a cd. How can I access or read these e-mail messages. Is it possible to retrieve attachement as well? Hearing you soon. SF You will need to copy the file to your hard drive, remove the read-only tick mark from the property page and use File->Open in Outlook to open the file. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and find...

Read Receipt Function in outlook
The read receipt option is no longer working in Outlook Small Business Edition for XP 2002. I have not made any recent changes to my outlook setup. Does anyone know how I can trouble shoot this? ...

Reading Last Row of Data
Is this possible? I have an excel document with two worksheets in it. Worksheet #2 is just a bunch of data sorted by date. Worksheet #1 displays data from the last row of worksheet #2. Is it possible to have excel detect the last row of data on Worksheet #2 and display it on Worksheet #1? Right now I am manually changing the cell references on worksheet #1 as I add data in worksheet #2. Any help would be greatly appreciated! -- sslack ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sslack's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

I am using outlook 2003 on winxp pro machine I have some vba coding that I use to strip the attachments off my email and place them into a specific folder. This is running fine, but I would like to fine-tune it a bit. Not sure how to do it and cannot find anything in my 2003 outlook vba book or when I google it, so here I am again. Here is my question Can I mark these emails as having been read during/after I have stripped the attachment off of them. They have never been clicked on so they never get marked as having been read which can become a bit confusing when the number of e...

Strange Issues with Read Receipts Bouncing (Need expert help)
Hi, Currently migrating a company from NT 4 to Windows Server 2003, including an upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. The excistingDNS name space for Dns and mail is user@comany.com (old domain)The Dns name space for Dns and mail on the new Domain and AD Server and Exchange is user@company.local. The Dns namespace @company.com is registered on Internet but @company.local is purely for internal addresssing, We are busy with the Exchange Migration. We have setup custom contacts on Exchange 2003 viewable in address book for all users on 5.5 using user@company.com,also with an ad...

How do you stop Macros opening read only files?
I've set up a standard form (form.xls) that copies certain cells values, opens up a database file (database.xls), pastes them neatly in the next avaliable row, saves then closes the database file. However if someone has database.xls open my macro still opens it, copies and pretends to save it without actually saving the data. Basically how can I write a couple of lines that stops the read only database file being opened? If ThisWorkbook.ReadOnly Then Do something End If HTH -- AP "Dave" <dave.woodgate@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:1141906746.277585.850...

[Memory] Need help reading my DBCC MEMORYSTATUS
Recently (and, yes, finally) we upgraded our cluster from SP2 to SP3. In the past week we've had to restart the node twice due to memory conditions. Before I call MS, I'd like to see if I can figure out what's happening. SQL Server 2005, SP2, Active/Active cluster (the other active isn't seeing anything like this, but it has different traffic), 32gb of RAM, -g384, Max memory 29696, AWE on. We ran 2 queries when we saw the memory conditions: one to get VAS size, and DBCC MEMORYSTATUS (full results are posted below) At its worst (aka before we restarted and were g...

can't read attachments #2
I can't read email attchments in Outlook Express 6.0. message: OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail I tried the regedit as per the microsoft website but it didn't seem to fix the problem. I appreciate any help that can be offered. regards, Michael Try this site for information on removing the block: http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm A good website for information on OE is: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different p...

need to change size of insert screen to read the name of image
I am trying to insert a picture into a word file, but the name of the image is so long, that I can't read the jpg number on the pictures. How do I change the size of the box that lists the photos I am inserting? Double click the "Title bar" of the "Insert picture" dialog box. flpower wrote: > I am trying to insert a picture into a word file, but the name of the image > is so long, that I can't read the jpg number on the pictures. How do I > change the size of the box that lists the photos I am inserting? ...

Outlook 2k3: Read tasks stay bold
hi! All my tasks are bold (in the tasks list), and stay bold after i read them. I changed the font settings, the "mark as read after x seconds" and so on. Any suggestions? regards, enno -- http://www.verbrennung.org ...