Exchange Server Unavailable #4

I'm having a problem in Outlook 2003 that just started
happening all of a sudden.  First I notice that this
computer was not showing the new e-mail messages that I
was getting. Then after closing and reopening Outlook an
error message pops up stating that "Your Microsoft
Exchange Server Is Unavailable". The Exchange server is
up & running. Everyone else in the company can
send/receive e-mail (including me when I go to another
computer). I know that the network connection is there. I
my login script runs, I am able to browse the internet, I
can ping everything (including my Exchange server), and I
am able to browse the network. I've tried uninstalling
the NIC and reinstalling it.  I've tried reinstalling
Outlook 2003.  I've tried deleting the Outlook profile
and re-adding it.  I've tried setting up a new e-mail
profile under a different (Windows XP) profile and get
the same results.  I tried to uninstall TCP/IP so I could
reinstall it, but I was not able to uninstall it. Does
anyone have any suggestions on what I could try next?
0
anonymous (74722)

Sounds a strange one!

Problems like this tend to get fixed on creation of a new profile. I'd try
two things to start:-
1) Check what programs/services are running in the background.
2) As no.1, do you have any personal firewall software or similar software
running.
3) Is your Antivirus up to date!
3) Replace the NIC - although you can browse the net, the card could still
have a fault whereby your connection is timing out with exchange.

"Kazuya Mishima" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having a problem in Outlook 2003 that just started
> happening all of a sudden.  First I notice that this
> computer was not showing the new e-mail messages that I
> was getting. Then after closing and reopening Outlook an
> error message pops up stating that "Your Microsoft
> Exchange Server Is Unavailable". The Exchange server is
> up & running. Everyone else in the company can
> send/receive e-mail (including me when I go to another
> computer). I know that the network connection is there. I
> my login script runs, I am able to browse the internet, I
> can ping everything (including my Exchange server), and I
> am able to browse the network. I've tried uninstalling
> the NIC and reinstalling it.  I've tried reinstalling
> Outlook 2003.  I've tried deleting the Outlook profile
> and re-adding it.  I've tried setting up a new e-mail
> profile under a different (Windows XP) profile and get
> the same results.  I tried to uninstall TCP/IP so I could
> reinstall it, but I was not able to uninstall it. Does
> anyone have any suggestions on what I could try next?

0
imerlin (8)
5/18/2004 10:29:04 AM
I have tried to create a new profile (different user) and
I still get the same results.  I've tried a new profile
in Outlook and a new profile in Windows, but still get
the same results.  We have a firewall, but it's not
running on the local computer.  Our Exchange server
(along with the client computer) is behind the firewall.
It's weird because this problem only affects 1 out of
about 400 computers.  Virus Definitions are updated daily
(Mon-Fri).  I will try to replace the NIC and see what
happens.  I will also check on the services running in
the background.  Thanks for your time and suggesions.

Kazuya M.

wrote in message
>> I'm having a problem in Outlook 2003 that just started
>> happening all of a sudden.  First I notice that this
>> computer was not showing the new e-mail messages that I
>> was getting. Then after closing and reopening Outlook
an
>> error message pops up stating that "Your Microsoft
>> Exchange Server Is Unavailable". The Exchange server is
>> up & running. Everyone else in the company can
>> send/receive e-mail (including me when I go to another
>> computer). I know that the network connection is
there. I
>> my login script runs, I am able to browse the
internet, I
>> can ping everything (including my Exchange server),
and I
>> am able to browse the network. I've tried uninstalling
>> the NIC and reinstalling it.  I've tried reinstalling
>> Outlook 2003.  I've tried deleting the Outlook profile
>> and re-adding it.  I've tried setting up a new e-mail
>> profile under a different (Windows XP) profile and get
>> the same results.  I tried to uninstall TCP/IP so I
could
>> reinstall it, but I was not able to uninstall it. Does
>> anyone have any suggestions on what I could try next?
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
5/18/2004 1:52:47 PM
Another suggestion is to reformat and start again - a bit drastic but
usually in the end solves the problem in a fraction of the time spent fault
finding.

Merlin
> I have tried to create a new profile (different user) and
> I still get the same results.  I've tried a new profile
> in Outlook and a new profile in Windows, but still get
> the same results.  We have a firewall, but it's not
> running on the local computer.  Our Exchange server
> (along with the client computer) is behind the firewall.
> It's weird because this problem only affects 1 out of
> about 400 computers.  Virus Definitions are updated daily
> (Mon-Fri).  I will try to replace the NIC and see what
> happens.  I will also check on the services running in
> the background.  Thanks for your time and suggesions.
>

> Kazuya M.

0
imerlin (8)

Error during Exchange Backup
Hello All, I am writing an application to backup and restore M.S. Exchange server programatically. I am using the Exchange Backup and Restore API and am developing the application in VC++ 6.0 on a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Editioon. I am able to do the backup successfully but I am getting error in the function "HrESERestoreAddDatabase" during the resore. I am trying to call the function HrESERestoreComplete as follows: //<step 8> //HrESERestoreComplete CString strTempLocationPath; CString strTempLocationPath1; strTempLocationPath = _T("C:\\viraj\\exchangedata_b...

last 4 wk average using calculated pivotitem
Hi, I am trying to create a pivot table/chart from data that is listed b week. So my table has "week" as the row field and "total X" as th column field. I want the chart to display the total for each week as bar (the easy part) and also to graph the average of the last fou weeks as a line on top of the bar graph. I have tried to figure ou how to add a calculated pivot item but I can't seem to get it to wor right. So for each week there would be a second almost subtotal lik entry that calculates the average for the previous four weeks (if ther aren't four previo...

Most recommended Exchange book?
I was wondering if you guys could recommend me a good "must have" Exchange 2003 reference book to keep around the office. Something more geared for an all encompasing and easy to use reference guide than certification testing would be appropriate. Thanks! On Mar 13, 8:46 am, Chris Lukowski <ChrisLukow...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was wondering if you guys could recommend me a good "must have" Exchange > 2003 reference book to keep around the office. Something more geared for an > all encompasing and easy to use reference guide than certificati...

cannot receive mail #4
For some strange reason I cannot receive email. I can send but not receive. I have checked all the settings and they look good. It says sending and receiving in the right hand corner. I do not get any errors. The send receive message goes away but no mail. I know there is mail because I go on the internet and check to see if I have mail and there is some. I am on a wireless network with my other computer. I have it set up so the mail stays on the server so my wife can check the mail on my other computer. On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:06:44 -0500, Bob wrote: > For some strange ...

Second SMTP Server
I have two Exchange servers in the same domain. They are in two separate admin groups. They are on two separate subnets. Inter-Organizational mail works fine. They have one routing group connector between the two. These two servers are on opposite sides of the globe. Server 1 is in the U.S. and sends Internet addresses SMTP directly to its destination just fine. Server 2 is in Europe, and will not send Internet addressed SMTP mail at all. The mail just sits in a queue, and says retry. This appears to be a two fold problem. 1. Server 2 does not send the Internet addressed SMTP mail to S...

Automatically redirecting profiles to a new exchange server?
OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for arguments sake). The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna manually change each profile to reflect the new server. Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this? I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me. Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done? Thanks <carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk> wrote in message news:1132785375.328184.274520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > OK ol...

Exchange Router / Deployment Manager
Hi, we have two diffrent issues with CRM 3.0. (But i think they belong togehter, perhaps?) 1. In Deployment Manager i can't browse the domain. (all windows are empty) But i can add users via web interface. 2. On the Exchange -> CRM E-Mail Router -> All users which i have added via Web GUI generate a "Failure" by locating the CRM Users with the Rule Deployment Wizard Thanks for your help! Have you managed to resolve this issue as we're facing the same problem. Any help would be gratefully received. Many thanks, Nick. "TN" wrote: > Hi, > &g...

Moving Email Domain off of Exchange #2

mail server
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 That is what i recieve after setting up a new identity. A box pops up with my username and a password, but i don't know what the password is or why my account will not authorize. why wont it work?? This is on Outlook Express-making a new identity "Soph...

Restore messages from Exchange database
Our SBS2000 crashed the other day without a backup of Active Directory. We now only have a backup of the exchange database (edb and stm files). The domain has been recreated from fresh and 5 computers were re-joined the domain. Exchange also were installed. Question: what would be the right way to restore the messages from the edb and stm backup copy? Thank you in advance! -jesk Jesk You'll have to recreate the Exchange org and do a restore. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/disrecopgde.mspx Unless you have a flat file recovery tool like Quest R...

Update Existing Purchase Orders with New Exchange Rate
Hello, I have existing Purchase Orders in Great Plains 8.0 were some of the line items have been received is there a way to change the exchange rate for the remaining line items and any new line items added? Thanks, Brian M. Database Administrator ...

Conditional formatting help #4
My problem is that, that i want to ignore blank i mean i had set a conditional formatting say A B C D 24.9 25.9 25 25.8 22.6 23.4 22.5 23.3 If value in ColA is less than value in ColC, cell A1 is shaded blue OR if value in ColB is greater than value in ColD, cell B1 shaded blue. I have done above formatting but my problem is that if i dont enter anything in colC then also colA is shaded in blue similarly if i dont enter any value in colD then also col B is shaded.I mean i want to ignore the blank.I need , if col C is blank then the Col A must be normal .& if col D is blank & i ent...

Exchange 2007: M-drive possible?
I tried to execute the ifsdrive script to create an M-drive for the Exchange stores, like in Exchange 2000/2003, but the M-drive does not appear with Exchange 2007. Does anyone know of a way to access the mailboxes in order to move messages out of and into mailboxes? Thanks Not sure if M: is still possible with E2K7, but it is much easier and safer to use e-mai client (like Outlook) to access mailboxes. Prem wrote: > I tried to execute the ifsdrive script to create an M-drive for the > Exchange stores, like in Exchange 2000/2003, but the M-drive does not > appear with Exchange 20...

Script to audit windows 2003 servers
I am looking for a powershell script which we allow me to audit my physical servers which are in a specific network. Is this possible to do. The information I need for the server is as following: Model number - amount of RAM - amount and speed of CPU's - local storage - amount of nics - amount of HBA - installed OS And the subnet the servers are in is 172.16.40.0/21. Is there a way I can run one script to get all this information. It will of course require remote access to these servers. Also the servers are all windows 2003 SP2. An...

Excel 2007 Question #4
I want to bring data into an excel 2007 worksheet that is stored in a sql database table. The idea is to parameterize the "where" clause in the sql select statement limiting the result set. There are lots of examples in the literature with regard to bringing in data stored in cubes --- but not so much from data in sql table. The basic issue is I want bring in descriptive information about say a contract (things like description, signing date, etc). Cubes which most (all) of the literature deals with are dealing with aggregations of amounts or "measures" and not so...

Comparing 4 dates and getting 1 headache
Hi everyone, I have a problem hopefully some one can help me out with. I have the following 4 dates… Beginning Date of Service Ending Date of Service Eligible Beginning Date of Service Eligible Ending Date of Service I need a formula that will compare the Beginning Date of Service to the Eligible Beginning Date of Service, if the Eligible date is later it will take that if is earlier then it will take the Beginning Date of Service and compare it to the Ending Date of Service if the Eligible Ending Date of Service is later then the Ending Date of Service or the Ending Date of Serv...

Exchange 2007 SP1 mail classifications
Working on setting up classifications on an Exchange 2007 SP1. I need just one thing for all the transport rules to be complete, and that is to create at rule, that giving a mail has a certain classification, the mail is not allowed to be send to external users - execpt if the mail is encrypted. My problem here is that I can't figure out how to make Exchange detect if the mail is encrypted or not. A solution could be that I append a header in the mail, so that another gateway (which I know can detect this) on my network can do this for me based on comparing the existanse ...

Too Many Personal Folders #4
I have just acquired a new computer ... replacing an older one. Both systems use XP Pro SP2 and I use Outlook as my mail client on both machines. I copied the outlook.pst file from the old to the new machine ... had a little trouble, fiddled around some and ended up with three(!) "Personal Folders" listed in the folder list (left side of Outlook window). When I expand each of these they show the folder list from the pst file I moved from the old machine. My question is how do I get rid of two of the Personal Folders listed? There is only one copy of the pst file in the My ...

Exchange and SQL
Hi Everyone, I am wondering if it is a good idea to have Exchange 2000 server and SQL 2000 server on the same machine? Also, should I keep that Windows 2000 server machine a member server or promote to a DC? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Vu I think ideally the best bet is to keep the box as a member server and just use it for exchange. Unless of course you're running SBS in which case you get all 3 on the same machine :) "Nu2Exchange" <Nu2Exchange@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ED0E610-967C-4093-A88B-5FA4971DAEA6@micro...

Exchange Attachment file blocking
My company is in the middle of converting from Groupwise to Outlook/Exchange. In an article I found it says that you can maintain the list of attachment file types that will be blocked by Outlook in Microsoft Exchange Server. Does anyone know how/where to do this maintenance and what version of Exchange you need to be using? I have not been able to find the file type maintenance screen/form. Thanks Works in Exchange 2000 and 2003. You create a security template for users and specify setups. Implement via registry key or AD policy. Here's a beginning web link (be sure to read all the ou...

Exchange 2000 Server will be change IP address
We will change Exchange 2000 Server IP address . Which we need to reconfig? Exchange Server will be use private IP. 1. Which port require to open in firewall? 2. Which we need to reconfig in exchange? I change IP address in TCP/IP only. 1. You'll need to update the firewall to reflect a new prt 25 forwarding as well as 80/443 if you're providing OWA. 2. Exchange won't need any changes. Just do an nbtstat -R and an ipconfig /registerdns after you change the IP -- Thanks, Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP www.briandesmond.com "TONY" <TONY@discussions.micros...

default microsoft exchange services stopped
This morning I arrived at work to find that the outlook client were showing a message unable to open requested set of folders. I opened the services on our mail server. The services show all exchange services running. next I opened Exchange System Manger/tools/monitoring and status/status. It showed our excahnge server first admin groug available. I right clicked server name choose properties. It showed "default microsoft exchange services" Critical State "Stopped" I forgot to mention that this is a exchange 2003 box running windows 2003 "cowen" wrote: &...

Ill Ex03 server, can't open event log or change services with msc
I have an exchange 2003 server which did not come up happily after a reboot which I forced after the latest IMF update. (Dell raid 5 powerdege Hardware seems OK) I have a message saying that " a service did not start" etc. What I did was start in safe mode and try to change the service start up manual, however althogh I could view the services, I could could not right click and change properties. Also I could view the event log, but not the properties for each event. I was, however able to edit the registry to change service properities. Reboot and go in in "un-safe&quo...