Exchange Problem with Outlook 2003

We have Exchange Server 2000.  Two workstations have Outlook 2003
which just this past week, after updates, will not connect to the
server.  Client workstations have office updates, but the error
message is "The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is
unavailable."  How do we get Outlook back on line?

Thanks in advance.

Anything notable in the event viewer? Have you verified that the server name
and user name in the properties of Outlook have resolved? Did you try to
delete and recreate the Outlook profile on the PC/laptop in question?

--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"curlytoons@earthlink.net" wrote:

> We have Exchange Server 2000.  Two workstations have Outlook 2003
> which just this past week, after updates, will not connect to the
> server.  Client workstations have office updates, but the error
> message is "The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is
> unavailable."  How do we get Outlook back on line?
>
> Thanks in advance.

KOrland1 (1012)
10/17/2006 2:39:01 PM
Also, is Outlook in cached mode or not?
--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"curlytoons@earthlink.net" wrote:

> We have Exchange Server 2000.  Two workstations have Outlook 2003
> which just this past week, after updates, will not connect to the
> server.  Client workstations have office updates, but the error
> message is "The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is
> unavailable."  How do we get Outlook back on line?
>
> Thanks in advance.

KOrland1 (1012)
10/17/2006 2:47:02 PM
On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:47:02 -0700, K. Orland
<KOrland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Also, is Outlook in cached mode or not?

Thanks for the reply,

 For anybody reading, the solution turned out to be installing version
6 of Tcp/Ip protocol.  There must have been some security fix,
although that is just a hunch.

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Excel button problem

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Outlook Sales

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Contacts in Exchange #2

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems