Exchange / Outlook 2003 Public Folder Shared Calendar - users cannot see each others' entries

We run an Exchange 2003 server with Outlook 2003 clients (via Citrix),
on Windows 2003 Server. I have a bit of an odd problem with a public
folder shared calendar I created for one of our offices. I created it
in the normal way in Outlook, and applied appropriate permissions to
all the users in that group. They can all see the calendar, and
although they can add entries to it, they cannot see the appointments
added by their colleagues - which pretty much negates the point of
having it in the first place. I don't think it is an issue with the
free / busy replication, as there is only one server in the
organisation, that everyone uses. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

QH

what kind of permissions did you apply to the folder?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"QH" <quentinhudson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We run an Exchange 2003 server with Outlook 2003 clients (via Citrix),
> on Windows 2003 Server. I have a bit of an odd problem with a public
> folder shared calendar I created for one of our offices. I created it
> in the normal way in Outlook, and applied appropriate permissions to
> all the users in that group. They can all see the calendar, and
> although they can add entries to it, they cannot see the appointments
> added by their colleagues - which pretty much negates the point of
> having it in the first place. I don't think it is an issue with the
> free / busy replication, as there is only one server in the
> organisation, that everyone uses. Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> QH

0
sconkey (3059)
12/18/2008 5:58:09 PM
I made one person the owner, two others editors, and the rest were
authors.

On 18 Dec, 17:58, "Susan" <scon...@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote:
> what kind of permissions did you apply to the folder?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>
> "QH" <quentinhud...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > We run an Exchange 2003 server with Outlook 2003 clients (via Citrix),
> > on Windows 2003 Server. I have a bit of an odd problem with a public
> > folder shared calendar I created for one of our offices. I created it
> > in the normal way in Outlook, and applied appropriate permissions to
> > all the users in that group. They can all see the calendar, and
> > although they can add entries to it, they cannot see the appointments
> > added by their colleagues - which pretty much negates the point of
> > having it in the first place. I don't think it is an issue with the
> > free / busy replication, as there is only one server in the
> > organisation, that everyone uses. Am I doing something wrong?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > QH- Hide quoted text -

i've never heard of anything like that before...

--

>I made one person the owner, two others editors, and the rest were
> authors.
>

> On 18 Dec, 17:58, "Susan" <scon...@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote:
>> what kind of permissions did you apply to the folder?
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>
>> "QH" <quentinhud...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> > We run an Exchange 2003 server with Outlook 2003 clients (via Citrix),
>> > on Windows 2003 Server. I have a bit of an odd problem with a public
>> > folder shared calendar I created for one of our offices. I created it
>> > in the normal way in Outlook, and applied appropriate permissions to
>> > all the users in that group. They can all see the calendar, and
>> > although they can add entries to it, they cannot see the appointments
>> > added by their colleagues - which pretty much negates the point of
>> > having it in the first place. I don't think it is an issue with the
>> > free / busy replication, as there is only one server in the
>> > organisation, that everyone uses. Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>> > Thanks,
>>
>> > QH- Hide quoted text -

sconkey (3059)

Public Folder server
Hi, I have 2 different servers as follows : Server1 = Mailbox server Server2 = Public Folder server (only has one PF store) My query: What should be the value for HomeMDB attribute when i click on ADSI edit and navigate till ...>Server Name > System Attendant's properties on Server2? Right now the value for HomeMDB of System Attendent on Server2 is showing "Not Set". Should it be pointing to Server1? Pls guide. thanks Are you having problems with the way it's configured? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"...

outlook.exe not terminating
I'm running Office XP with Outlook 2002 under Windows XP Pro, current as of today, except that I have reverted the IE update to the previous version of mshtml.dll that scrolls correctly (this has had no effect on the problem I am about to describe). I typically have a lot of applications running - no big deal as I have a 3.04 P4 with 1GB of memory. A problem that happens several times a day is that outlook.exe remains in the Task Manager process list after I shut Outlook down. In older versions, there used to be a message that said "Please wait while Outlook shuts down&qu...

function to check for entry
I'll try and make this as clear as I can... I am looking for a function that will check column b,c,d,e for an entr if there is an entry then check row n in the same row for it's value. that's the first bit, then I need to be able to check the date valu (month) in column a and total it for the month. perhaps I could run the first function only looking for month=1 o something and just run it 12 times? not sure how to go about this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com well I've got this far but it still doesn't work and gives an error: =IF(MONTH(A3:A167)=4,...

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Max number of Rules in Outlook
Hi everyone: Just a simple question that may be a common curiosity: does anyone know what is the max number of rules I can set up in Outlook? I have reached about 70 rules and the I get the message that there is no further space on the server. Maybe it is just a matter of room and the number it is not a limitation? Thanks for answering. Cheers That's it indeed; you can only store up to 32KB of e-mail rules. Disabled rules don't count but you're properly better of combining some rules or see if they are still needed. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mo...

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

Unlocking a User
I have GP10 and a user entered a password wrong too many times. I am logged into GP and an under 'Admininstration' and do not see a way to unlock the user. Am I in the right place? Where do I need to go? Thanks, John John, Are you enforcing password policies for your users in GP? If so, go to Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > System > User. Enter a temporary password for the user and check the Change Password Next Login box. Provide the user with the temporary password and the system will do the rest. Again, this is all assuming your are enforcing pas...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Exchange update problem

Crash on 'Send"

How to recover if a user "Undoes" a record?
When the AfterUpdate event of my Status field is triggered, I update several other tables with dependent data. What happens if someone hits ESC twice to Undo the record? Is there some way I can know that this happened? Then I could roll back any updates. Btw, the Form_AfterUpdate event doesn't seem applicable since one of the things I do is set a DateCompleted field on the form itself. Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome. You could trap the keystrokes, but it might be a better idea to use the AfterUpdate event of the form itself to update the other tables. That event only ...

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook 2003