Exchange client alternative ?

I have an exchange server with about 100 users. I have three computers where
I want that about 40-60 people should have access to checking their mail
WITHOUT logging off/on. I want that there should be one username to the
computer and some other authentication at the email client side. I was
thinking of using Outlook Express & implementing identities.

I'd like to know if anyone has some other ideas.

Thanks

Peretz Stern

What about OWA?

Peretz Stern wrote:
> I have an exchange server with about 100 users. I have three
> computers where I want that about 40-60 people should have access to
> checking their mail WITHOUT logging off/on. I want that there should
> be one username to the computer and some other authentication at the
> email client side. I was thinking of using Outlook Express &
> implementing identities.
>

> I'd like to know if anyone has some other ideas.
>

> Thanks
>
> Peretz Stern

0
lanwench (7567)

Exchange SSL Error
When attempting to view properties on public folders I get the following err: Exchange System Manager The SSL certificate server name is incorrect. ID no: c103b404 Exchange System Manager I've looked at article Q324345 and made the suggested changes but the error message still comes back. Can anyone out there please help? Thanks Peter ...

Change IP address of exchange server
Hi , Thought this would be an easy question to get an answer to, but had no luck with my searches... I need to change the ip address of my exchange server, but want to make sure that won't screw anything up... I thought that its ok to do that, but because the server is also a dc I want to make sure. Thanks for any help on this. Art -- Art Feel free to change the address. While possibly not required, I'd recommend rebooting afterward. Make sure that there are no hardcoded host files or WINS or DNS entries for the server. After the change, clients might not be able to connect fo...

Unattended setup of email accounts (no Exchange Server)
Hi. I don't know whether this is possible or not, but I would like to set up an unattended setup of email accounts (no Exchange Server) on a remote computer. Right now, I have to wait until both the remote users and I are available, log on the remote computer using GoToMyPC, and set up the email accounts. If there was a way to set this up so that Outlook email accounts would be configured automatically the first time the user logs on (or the first time they use Outlook), that would simplify things a bit. If anyone knows how (or if) this can be done and has an example of how to do...

shared pop3 account with different outlook clients.
Hi! We are using different versions of Outlook. The versions used are Outlook Express 5.5, 6.0sp1 and Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP. The problem is a shared pop3 account, which all the clients receive (and leave a copy to). Some clients receive the mail properly, but some clients receive corrupt messages, i.e. messages with no subject and sender fields and a blank message body. Now, i found a corresponding KB article, but we dont have any IE 6.0:s installed. Is there any other software which might have that mlang.dll problem, or should i upgrade all browsers to 6.0SP1? Thanks in adv...

Outlook / Exchange Server
I run exchange service, a workstation and for travel a notebook. I configured the notebook for chached offline work. I would like to keep all my opened inbox messages in Exchange to see it on the workstation as well as on the notebook. After synchronization of the notebook with Exchange only new messages appeared. Back home on my workstation suddenly the some effect, only new unread mails are displayed. Will synchronisation delete mails not found on server and Outlook? I loose my inbox mails since I use my new notebook. -- Hans Kohlmos Sounds like you're using a .pst file and...

Defrag an exchange disk....not essutil
I've been looking around but haven't seen a definitive answer. I have a server with windows server '03 and am running exchange '03. The disk that holds exchange is heavily fragmented when i ran the analyzer tool in the disk defragmenter utility in windows. I've heard stories where it's not safe to do this. Is it safe to defragment the disk even though it holds exchange? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=328804 You can. Ms recommends doing it with the databases dis-mounted. We stop the services, move out the edb files, defrag, and copy them back....... &...

Exchange 2003 sends multiple emails
I just discovered that when a user sent email to a specific distribution list or group of people, the email was recieved by the recipients over four times. I can see in the logs that the Exchange server did send roughly this many, but I dont know why. any ideas? thanks ...

Exchange 2003
I've a big problem, in the Dsaccess tab under the ESM, Exchange don't auto discover Global Catalog on other site than itself. So, when the Global Catalog fall down on one site, Exchange Server on this site can't contact any GC and Exchange server not work properly. Question : Autodiscover global access work ONLY in his AD site ? Thanks for answer. Hi, To diagnose the problem, post the output of your 2080 event from DSACCESS... that is the full topology in this site, and "1 site over" . You can get the 2080 event every 15 minutes by turning up diagnostic logging...

Exchange 5.5 sp4 - MAPI clients can not connect
We have an Exchange 5.5 server running on WIN2k O/S. It been running fine for a long time. Recently, users have been losing connection(s) to the store. Each time the store and all Exchange services are running properly and MAILBOX resources via the admin pull up successfully. The only remedy for our 100 + MAPI clients (only), is to restart the Exchange services, then, they can log back in... same issue will re-occur a day or two later. I'm suspecting something is screwing up RPC connections that prevent the MAPI users to get to their e-mail accts. STORE.EXE version is 5.5.2658.3...

An Exchange 5.5 Mailbox won't disappear when servers sync
We have 2 Exch 5.5 servers, one in UK and one in Kenya - they are happily synching address lists (we have tested this over the past 24 hours) A few days ago one of our mailboxes here had to be moved to the Kenya server (this is a common thing that we have to do when staff from UK go to work in Africa - due to bandwidth etc!!!) and I deleted the mailbox here. After several syncs the Kenya server still "sees" the mailbox and so the mailbox cannot be added locally. We have tried rebooting, requesting full directory syncs, but nothing seems to shift it. We've created and deleted ma...

Exchange 2003
I have 2 questions: We just changed the company's name and email addresses as well. I configured new domain name in the exchange so now everyone can receive email for old domain and new as well. 1. How do I configure so any email received on our old domain automatically send an email back to sender informing the change of our company's name and email address.? 2. How do I send a general one time email to everyone from each email account's contact list informing them of change of email address and company's name? I would appreciate if some...

Show ALL Activities in Oulook Client
I suggest that a user in front of Outlook today be able to see ALL activities - not just tasks (phone calls, faxs, letters, etc) from the "Outlook Today" main page. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssol...

Loggin IP address of MAPI clients
Hi, Does anybody know a way to log the IP address of the MAPI connections in Ex2003Sp2? I would like to log it as I do with the SMTP/IMAP connections in order to know the sender’s IP address. Some people can say that there’s not point about knowing this as all MAPI connections are authenticated and you can know “who” sent a message, but it’s equally important to know “where from” a message was sent when you do forensic research. Best Regards -- ~~~~ Javier Crespo Martinez Information Technology Service University of Cantabria, Spain On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 07:22:29 -0800, "Jav...

2010
Just installed OfficeProPlus2010 on a new PC. The first email account I setup was an Exchange account - No problem(cached mode). Now, I am trying to setup a POP account and want to deliver the messages to the OST (like in Outlook 2007) but have not found how to do that. Do I have to create a PST for that POP or is there an option I haven't seen? Thank you, Bob Nothing to set as it should behave like pervious versions where POP3/Exchange go to the default delivery location and IMAP accounts get their own PST file. "Robert Serna" <encino_bob@hotmail.co...

Exchange 2003 Archive #3
Can anyone please let me know how Exchange 2003 create archive of mailboxes/emails? Also when using ‘cached exchange mode’, when a user deletes an email locally, will this change synchronise with the copy on the exchange server? Thanks in advance. >>how Exchange 2003 create archive of mailboxes/emails? Can you clarify what you mean by 'archive'? >>will this change synchronise Certainly. paul tech wrote: > Can anyone please let me know how Exchange 2003 create archive of > mailboxes/emails? Also when using ‘cached exchange mode’, when a user > delete...

Customize Exchange error Message
My users sometimes get a error message similar to: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: user@somewhere.com on 5/23/2005 1:27 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <myserver.mydomain.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@somewhere.com> In all cases where we have researched this error, the error was on the recipients mail server or the internet connection between my server and the recipient was not working properly. Is there a way to customize this error message... to alert my use...

Outlook 2007 stops acquiring data from Exchange
A week ago I noticed that Outlook 2007 on an old desktop in a guest room no longer was downloading any data from the Exchange server at work. I have tried absolutely everything I can think of but nothing seems to change this. Meanwhile, three other computers at home (we have a site-license arrangement which allows us to use Office on our home computers) with Outlook 2007 are having no problems at all with my Outlook account. Here is what I have tried so far: 1. Deleting the .ost file. Outlook acquires a few thousand kilobytes of data and then simply stops. The last entry in event viewer is an...

Update GAL exchange 5.5
HI How to update Global Address list in Exchange server 5.5 with service pack 4. Thanks Shaikh Not sure what you mean by update GAL? SusanV "Shaikh" <smahaboob@dishnet.com> wrote in message news:ebaAdEjuDHA.3416@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > HI > > How to update Global Address list in Exchange server 5.5 with service pack > 4. > > Thanks > Shaikh > > > I mean , i want to update my GAL so that old e-mail address which is deleated will remove form GAL. the reson is i am getting junk mails to old E-mail box's which r removed and system ...

Requesting data from the Microsoft Exchange Server
Requesting data from the Microsoft Exchange Server My OutlookXP is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server "Server". You can cancel the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook closes the message automatically. Why is this happening? Thank you. Normally causes by a slow network or a busy Exchange server. The client is waiting for a response from the server and either it is busy with another task or the network is slow. When it connects and gets the data, the message goes away. It is just there to inform users it is actua...

Outlook Mailboxes Slow on Exchange 2003 Server
We have recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 server on a Cluster environment, running Windows 2003 Cluster Servers. We did have Exchange 2000 working fine, just wanted some of the new features of Exchange 2003. Once we did the upgrades with no real problems. We have started to notice that various mailboxes will run slow periodically. It is moving throughout the server and it isn't always the same mailboxes. They run extremely slow. We have run a defrag on the Information Store and run the nightly routines before our backups. The Backups do not appear to be running during the sl...

Exchange Clustering Supported or Not Supported
Can someone please shed some light on this? Seems to be a huge contradiction between MOC, what's out there in the Newsgroups, and what the latest CRM 3.0 Implementation Guide says... I'm interested in finding out why the Microsoft Official Curriculum for CRM 3.0 Course Number 8526 on page 45 indicates that Microsoft Supports Exchange Clustering in an Active/Passive mode. If Microsoft doesn't support this, then why does the MOC say it does? bayareacrm "Matt Parks" wrote: > It's still not supported. It may work though, but if a failover occurs at the &g...

Exchange 2003
Does Exchange 2003 finally address a major shortcoming of 2000 in that mail inbound that isn't resolved (bad address or whatever the case may be) cannot be forwarded to a specific mailbox? I am currently using 2000 and the hack/workaround with a VB COM component and second virtual server... I would like to upgrade to 2003 but I need to know if I this issue has been fixed. Thanks -- russ "Russ Bishop" <nowhere> wrote in message news:eQUSPPRtDHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does Exchange 2003 finally address a major shortcoming of 2000 in that mail > inbound that...

Exchange 5.5 relay problem #3
Hi I have Exchange 5.5 and I have relay problem. What can I do to stop the relay problem? My domain is always in black lists. Than"x S Take a look at this article: 199656 XIMS: How to Stop Spam Mail Messages from Using IMS Relay Agent http://support.microsoft.com/?id=199656 Regards, Colby -- Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Shay Hanya" <shay@telecode.co.il> wrote in message news:ecDJ56XpEHA.800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx....

OWA attachments crashing exchange
Hey all , I am running Windows 2003 server as a DC and MS Exchange 2003 . Within the last month anyone who tries to leave an attachment in OWA crashes the exchange server. Is there anywhere in the logs I can view what is happening, and is anyone familiar with this problem. It knocks out my information store every time, I now have it set to restart automatically, but people still cannot do attachments. Any help you guys can give me would be great! Chris Based on my experience, the Exchange 2003 server may be affected by a malware called "hack defender"; you may need to get RKde...

Backing up mailboxes Win2K Exchange
Hi, We are using win2K Exchange server as our mail server . I want to take backup of all users mailboxes and keep it separately so that if some thing goes wrong with exchange server i can restore mailboxes from backup . As far as my knowledge there are to ways for mailbox backing up . 1. backing up Mailbox store from start -> Programs -> System tools -> Backup wizard 2. Copying Priv.edb,Pub.edb,Priv.stm,Pub.stm after dismounting them . a) Is there any difference between these 2 types ? b) Which is the better choice ? c) How can i res...