Exchange 2007 RSG and Isinteg

We are running exchange 2007 on a windows 2008 server, both are fully
patched. We backup with Backup Exec 12.5, again fully patched. All of our
backups finish without any problems.

Our problem; when i restore a database backup to a RSG and then try to
restore a mailbox i recieve errors telling me that the maxium number of
corrupted messages has been reached. i tried moving the limit up, but i have
to move the limit up to 5000 before it works and then i only get a few
emails not the complete contents of the mailbox.

After a bit of research i found a few similar cases. These were resolved by
running the following command:

isinteg -s test -fix -tests alltests

i'm quite new to exchange and i have never used this tool. How can i run
this against the RSG? Will it help? Can i run the command as it is now
(changing the server name of course) or does it need a database agrument?

Thanks for any pointers

Stef

0
stef5691 (12)

You should probably post this in the Exchange newsgroup since this doesn't
appear to be an Outlook question unless I missed something?

"Stef" <stef@web.de> wrote in message
> We are running exchange 2007 on a windows 2008 server, both are fully
> patched. We backup with Backup Exec 12.5, again fully patched. All of our
> backups finish without any problems.
>
> Our problem; when i restore a database backup to a RSG and then try to
> restore a mailbox i recieve errors telling me that the maxium number of
> corrupted messages has been reached. i tried moving the limit up, but i
have
> to move the limit up to 5000 before it works and then i only get a few
> emails not the complete contents of the mailbox.
>
> After a bit of research i found a few similar cases. These were resolved
by
> running the following command:
>
> isinteg -s test -fix -tests alltests
>
> i'm quite new to exchange and i have never used this tool. How can i run
> this against the RSG? Will it help? Can i run the command as it is now
> (changing the server name of course) or does it need a database agrument?
>
> Thanks for any pointers
>
> Stef

0
korland (145)

exchange 5.5 #30
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 251016 I was trying to following the instructions on how to troubleshoot this issue but the Kb doesn't show you how to resolve this issue. I found all tracking logs but it doesn't show the sender information. Doesn't anyone have a idea where i can find the sender info? Thanks, Al This issue may also occur if a user from the Internet sends an e-mail message to the public folder, and in the client permissions for that folder, the Default item under Name has anything less than Contributor permissions selected under Role. In this case, the NDR...

Line graphs; excel 2007
I have a simple line graph - and I'd like to shade in the area btwn the two lines only (not the whole background of the graph). Any suggestions? Apply Fill Color Between Lines in a Chart http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ MK09 wrote: > I have a simple line graph - and I'd like to shade in the area btwn the two > lines only (not the whole background of the graph). Any suggestions? ...

Sharepoint and Exchange
Has anyone successfully set up Sharepoint services on a box with Exchange 2003 (without breaking OWA, OMA, etc)? I had some major problems as you will see here: http://www.itwriting.com/blog/?postid=212 I know I *should* be using either SBS or a separate server; however neither option works well for me; this is basically a test environment. I do find it irritating that the Sharepoint doesn't have an install option that is less intrusive. The install options are either "take over IIS on this machine" or "server farm". I don't want a server farm. I know there ...

Updating Exchange admin tools with SP1 on XP
I have the Exchange 2003 System Management Tools installed on my XP workstation and have been using them to manage Exchange without any problems. After updating the server with Exchange 2003 SP1, I tried to update the the System Management tools on the workstation. When I do this, it wants to update Messaging Services as well as the admin tools, even though Messaging isn't and can't be installed on the XP workstation. I can't select just the System Tools for update since you have to select the parent. But as soon as I select update (the only option) for the parent, it complains it...

Is is me? Or is Excel 2007 Charting Lame?
Maybe I'm missing something. If so, let me know. The process of creating a chart is unintuitive and cumbersome. A big step backwards from 2003. The manual says to just select your data and insert the chart. What I find is that 95% of the time, I have to re-do the data selection. If I highlight two columns and insert the graph, Excel thinks both columns are two different series instead of x and y axis. I create two columns, label one of them "X", one of them "Y". Put some numbers below that. Now insert an XY chart. One would think that it could figure out "...

No room on partition for more Exchange 5.5 mail ! What to do?
No room on partition for more Exchange 5.5 mail ! What to=20 do?=B4Can't move mail boxes either... Move Storage group? Can you install or add another hard disk? Drives are cheap now a days. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "John B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1255501c44294$a3ce0f00$a101280a@phx.gbl... No room on partition for more Exchange 5.5 mail ! What to do?�Can't move mail boxes either... Move Storage group? then you need to get another, larger drive and move your database/s to it ...

Adding a column in Excel 2007
Have a column with letters in it. Want to sum up how many of one letter I have in the column. What is a formula to do this please To count the number of cells that equal X =countif(a:a,"X") To count the number of cells that have at least one X in them: =countif(a:a,"*X*") nip wrote: > > Have a column with letters in it. Want to sum up how many of one > letter I have in the column. What is a formula to do this please -- Dave Peterson On Dec 10, 10:44=A0am, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote: > To count the number of cells that eq...

how do you insert a document in words 2007
I need help inserting a document in Office 2007, please help. Insert - Object -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Likita Rucker" <Likita Rucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3892AD59-4452-4199-BC8E-31AE4220B6A7@microsoft.com... >I need help inserting a document in Office 2007, please help. If you click Insert > Object and pick Object from the dropdown, you'll get only the first page of the insert because an "object" can't cross a page boun...

SBS 2k and Exchange 2k Help
Hi All I'm having a problem with Exhange 2000. I support an office of about 5 people, and they are running SBS2000 with Exchange 2000, during the past couple of days they haven't been able to send/receive e-mail, and they haven't been able to browse the internet. I initially thought the server was being used for Relaying, however the queues are not very high (about 14 e-mails) and the Telnet tests suggest it can't be used for relaying. When I got there last night the server was fine and after a quick re-boot I sent numerous e-mails to my home account which I received, and I...

Access 2007 03-15-07
Hi,Back-end database is located at server. There are 10 clients with 10front-end databases. I want to restrict clients to reach form and reportdesigns and their codes. How can I do it in Access 2007 ?Thx for help! I believe this answer is covered in your previous posted titled "Restricting Front-ends".-- David CongerSoftware Development Engineer in TestMicrosoft Office Access** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. **"Art Vandaley" <kestafir@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e$ixVG0ZHHA.4420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> ...

Single Singn on to Exchange Mail Boxes
Hello, My site currently runs MS CRM 4.0, Active Directory and MS Exchange server for mail and calendar. We do have a rather strict password policies, where the users are to change their domain password every 60 days. In most cases, the users, 'forget' to also change the password in the CRM to access the Exchange their mail boxes, expecting single sign on as with most of the other miscrosoft software, which every 2 months causes lots of support issues (like workflows not completing, and mail router not being able to access their mail boxes). Is there a way to automate that the ...

Outlook 2007 #19
Whenever I start Outlook 2007, I receive a message box which says Identity Switch Cancelled The current identity could not be changed because one of the applications was unable to switch. Close any open dialog boxes in other applications before trying again. Does anyone know how to correct the problem and prevent the message from appearing. ...

red x in email in Outlook 2007
I installed Office 2007. Things are fine EXCEPT FOR. When I get email (with pictures and graphics) they are all in little RED x's. Did not have problem in Office 2003. Please help me... Steve "Steve-O" <Steve-O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58C0B6E2-7BEE-47BC-B398-9037FB254F62@microsoft.com... > I installed Office 2007. Things are fine EXCEPT FOR. > > When I get email (with pictures and graphics) they are all in little RED > x's. > > Did not have problem in Office 2003. > > Please help me... Tools, Trust Center, Automat...

Outlook 2007 Does not pull all POP mail emails
I have Outlook 2007 running on WinXP Professional. Outlook does not pull all my mail from my POP mail accounts and when my computer is off. Even if I leave the computer on it still has issues with my emails not ending up in my Outlook. I have Outlook set to pull emails ever two minutes. I have no filters running either. I have these large gaps where no email are downloaded at all. If I look on the Gmail website at my email I see several that have not been grabbed by Outlook. Any help would be appreciated Warren -- Warren Jorgenson. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com...

Exchange web site appear Error in the IIS
Hi i have at my company a win 2000 SP4 domain , the exchange 2000 SP3 and roll up patched is installed on it when i checked the IIS that mornning i had found out that the exchange website folder appear in read Icon with error word so did any body know why its like so and how can i solve it Any support is appreciated Thanks Maged N. Roshdy On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 05:51:08 -0800, Maged N. Roshdy <MagedNRoshdy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >i have at my company a win 2000 SP4 domain , the exchange 2000 SP3 and roll >up patched is installed on it > >when...

cached exchange mode enabled, not receiving email
have found several posts about Outlook not receiving messages when cached Exchange mode is enabled, none of them have solutions. I guess it's not a popular topic. However, I have a user with a laptop who cannot receive email with CEM enabled. As soon as it is disabled, and Outlook is restarted, it works fine. I've seen this before, but on a desktop, so I just disabled CEM. With this being a roaming laptop, I can't opt for the easy out. Does anyone have an answer for this? In news:1144771101.358073.182520@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, carlh@ccsweb.net <carlh@ccsweb....

view exchange email at home
Outlook 2003 is running in cache mode but when away from the office I can't login with my office profile (not connected to the server). How can I view my email when away from the office? Where is Outlook/Exchange storing my mail on my computer? Outlook/Exchange has a function where you can download your mails int your laptop (I assume you are using a laptop)... It's called offlin something... I have vague memory of the name :p You need to activat it when you are in the office. The other way (which I personally prefer) is Outlook Web Access. Th interface is very similar to t...

Exchange 2003 All Address Lists
In Exchange 2003, under System Manager | Recipients | All Address Lists, I do not want users in Outlook to able to see the default address lists: All Contacts, All Groups, All Users, Public Folders. I would rather create my own Address Lists which contain specific grouping of users. What is the best way to go about this? For example, should I delete the default address lists, and create my own? Yes you can do that. When you say "Groups", let's clarify something. You cannot filter them based on AD domain group membership. You must use an LDAP filter to identify groups...

Administrating an Upgraded Exchange 2003 Server..
This is really a preliminary enquiry... I have to perform an "in-place upgrade" of an existing Exchange 2000 Standard server, this is to take advantage of the max 75GB database size limit offered by Exchange 2003 Server SP2. I have performed a lab upgrade of a test 2000 Exchange Server and it worked perfectly, very straightforward it was too! My problem is that a Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) communicates with the existing Exchange 2000 box and the BES box has Exchange 2000 Server Manager installed and working on it. The Blackberry people have posed the question ...

2003 Ntbackup and Exchange 5.5
Possible? Anyone doing this? Any issues? Thanks in advance. You need to install the Exchange 5.5 admin program on the Win2003 box. This wouldn't be a supported config E55/Win2K3. "Nate" <nnord@maxitd.com> wrote in message news:1148396571.906986.74070@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Possible? Anyone doing this? Any issues? > > Thanks in advance. > On 23 May 2006 08:02:52 -0700, "Nate" <nnord@maxitd.com> wrote: >Possible? Anyone doing this? Any issues? > >Thanks in advance. Possibly not supported. The 5.5 admin is not...

how to update calendar in publisher 2007
Why doesn't calendar wizard update the dates when you change the month? It only changes the month, so I end up starting from scratch. What am I missing? sjn The calendar wizard works okay, it is there on the right when you select calendars. You may have to scroll down a little. It says "Set Calendar Dates" The Design Gallery calendars wizards are missing, this is a bug I hope will be fixed in the service pack. If you are asking about custom dates and appointments, they will have to be typed manually on each month, or copy and pasted. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office...

DPM 2007 : Failed to update end-user recovery permissions
I have DPM 2007 installed on Windows 2008 SP2 backing up a file server also running Win2k8 SP2 (able to backup other systems without issue) Everytime it runs a sync job it produces a warning which is instantly resolved saying that ================================================ Status: Active Computer: BE-FS-01.ad.domain Description: Failed to update end-user recovery permissions. The operation failed because of a protection agent failure. For more information, open DPM Administrator Console and review the alert details in the Monitoring task area. ======================...

Exchange 5.5: Reply to all mails send to a specific domain
After merging with another company we want to inform all mail senders about the domain name change. I think with Exchange 2000 an event sink could handle that. I'm looking for an Exchange 5.5 solution. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Manfred On 10 May 2005 01:25:58 -0700, "magriii" <magriii@gmail.com> wrote: >After merging with another company we want to inform all mail senders >about the domain name change. I think with Exchange 2000 an event sink >could handle that. I'm looking for an Exchange 5.5 solution. Any ideas >are greatly appreciated. > &...

How to find Tools menu
Hi there - I'm trying to configure my Accounts and can't find my Tools Icon in the Menu Bar - is it located in some secret place? Have tried to 'restore' under standard and advanced menus in case I had deleted it somehow, but it's still not appearing Any help much appreciated! thanks Feldy Which menus do you see now? By default they are the following; File | Edit | View | Go | Tools | Actions | Help Otherwise force a reset on your Toolbars by renaming outcmd.dat to .old. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/19 -- Robert Sparnaaij [...

Rejecting messages that fail RDNS lookup in Exchange 2000
Hello all, new to this group. I have been looking around for information on how to automatically reject messages that fail the RDNS lookup for Exchange 2000. I read in a couple of KB articles that this feature is not included within Exchange. Is there a way, maybe with a utility that someone knows of that would do this? TIA for any suggestions. sjordanmom@yahoo.com (K. Warner) wrote: >Hello all, new to this group. I have been looking around for >information on how to automatically reject messages that fail the RDNS >lookup for Exchange 2000. That's a bad thing to do no m...