Exchange 2003 & Outlook 2003

Here is my system requirements:

Microsoft Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition
Microsoft Outlook 2003

I have Microsoft Outlook 2003 on my desktop and on my Tablet PC.  Typically,
I use my desktop to retrieve emails and respond to emails that come from the
Exchange 2003.  However, I opened up my Tablet PC Outlook 2003 and the
emails began to show up on my Outlook on my Tablet but at the same time on
my  Desktop the emails disappeared.  So now all of my old emails are on my
Tablet PC and are not on my desktop.

How can I fix it so what I see on my tablet I see on my desktop?  I would
also like it so that it does matter whether I use my tablet or desktop the
same emails will appear.

I am unsure of which group is the correct group so I posted it in multiple
groups.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 


0
saw
8/2/2008 7:00:44 PM
outlook 87535 articles. 11 followers. Follow

6 Replies
653 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 29

It sounds like you are using a .pst on your tablet that pulls the emails =
from the Exchange mailbox.  Use the Exchange mailbox as the delivery =
location on both machines and get rid of the .pst file.  Pst files are =
not meant to be used in an Exchange environment.

To have a local copy of your exchange mailbox when you are out of the =
office using your tablet, set your tablet to use an offline folder.  =
Tools->Options->Mail Setup=3D>Accounts->View or Change=3D>Highlight =
Exchange->Change->More Settings->Advanced Tab.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
How to ask a question:
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375


After furious head scratching, saw asked:

| Here is my system requirements:
|=20
| Microsoft Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition
| Microsoft Outlook 2003
|=20
| I have Microsoft Outlook 2003 on my desktop and on my Tablet PC.=20
| Typically, I use my desktop to retrieve emails and respond to emails
| that come from the Exchange 2003.  However, I opened up my Tablet PC
| Outlook 2003 and the emails began to show up on my Outlook on my
| Tablet but at the same time on my  Desktop the emails disappeared.=20
| So now all of my old emails are on my Tablet PC and are not on my
| desktop.=20
|=20
| How can I fix it so what I see on my tablet I see on my desktop?  I
| would also like it so that it does matter whether I use my tablet or
| desktop the same emails will appear.
|=20
| I am unsure of which group is the correct group so I posted it in
| multiple groups.
|=20
| Any help is greatly appreciated.
0
Milly
8/2/2008 6:53:41 PM
Make sure you have set you default delivery location to the Exchange mailbox 
and not to a pst-file.

-- 
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.howto-outlook.com/
Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more

http://www.msoutlook.info/
Real World Questions, Real World Answers

-----

"saw" <swexpress(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:#g4iUyM9IHA.6052@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Here is my system requirements:
>
> Microsoft Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition
> Microsoft Outlook 2003
>
> I have Microsoft Outlook 2003 on my desktop and on my Tablet PC. 
> Typically,
> I use my desktop to retrieve emails and respond to emails that come from 
> the
> Exchange 2003.  However, I opened up my Tablet PC Outlook 2003 and the
> emails began to show up on my Outlook on my Tablet but at the same time on
> my  Desktop the emails disappeared.  So now all of my old emails are on my
> Tablet PC and are not on my desktop.
>
> How can I fix it so what I see on my tablet I see on my desktop?  I would
> also like it so that it does matter whether I use my tablet or desktop the
> same emails will appear.
>
> I am unsure of which group is the correct group so I posted it in multiple
> groups.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
> 
0
Roady
8/2/2008 6:58:10 PM
On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 11:53:41 -0700, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<What@ever> wrote:

>It sounds like you are using a .pst on your tablet that pulls the emails from the Exchange mailbox.  Use the Exchange mailbox as the delivery location on both machines and get rid of the .pst file.  Pst files are not meant to be used in an Exchange environment.

Before getting rid of the PST, import the contents to the mailbox --
after changing the delivery location, of course.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
richnews (7316)
8/2/2008 7:19:01 PM
Thank you for your reply.

It appears that the .pst file took all of my emails from the exchange.  How 
can I get the .pst emails back on the exchange.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote in 
message news:3B4063D0-F12A-4A6B-8B91-CD21495B2D04@microsoft.com...
> Make sure you have set you default delivery location to the Exchange 
> mailbox and not to a pst-file.
>
> -- 
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>
> -----
>
> "saw" <swexpress(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:#g4iUyM9IHA.6052@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Here is my system requirements:
>>
>> Microsoft Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition
>> Microsoft Outlook 2003
>>
>> I have Microsoft Outlook 2003 on my desktop and on my Tablet PC. 
>> Typically,
>> I use my desktop to retrieve emails and respond to emails that come from 
>> the
>> Exchange 2003.  However, I opened up my Tablet PC Outlook 2003 and the
>> emails began to show up on my Outlook on my Tablet but at the same time 
>> on
>> my  Desktop the emails disappeared.  So now all of my old emails are on 
>> my
>> Tablet PC and are not on my desktop.
>>
>> How can I fix it so what I see on my tablet I see on my desktop?  I would
>> also like it so that it does matter whether I use my tablet or desktop 
>> the
>> same emails will appear.
>>
>> I am unsure of which group is the correct group so I posted it in 
>> multiple
>> groups.
>>
>> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>> 


0
saw
8/2/2008 8:51:21 PM
Drag and drop works better as it preserves the message dates.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
How to ask a question:
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375


After furious head scratching, Rich Matheisen [MVP] asked:

| On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 11:53:41 -0700, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <What@ever> wrote:
|=20
|| It sounds like you are using a .pst on your tablet that pulls the
|| emails from the Exchange mailbox.  Use the Exchange mailbox as the
|| delivery location on both machines and get rid of the .pst file.=20
|| Pst files are not meant to be used in an Exchange environment.  =20
|=20
| Before getting rid of the PST, import the contents to the mailbox --
| after changing the delivery location, of course.
| ---
| Rich Matheisen
| MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Milly
8/2/2008 10:22:02 PM
saw <swexpress(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> It appears that the .pst file took all of my emails from the
> exchange.  How can I get the .pst emails back on the exchange.

Once you've changed the delivery location to the Exchange mailbox, you can 
simply drag/drop the items from your PST file folders into your Exchange 
mailbox folders. Then close the PST file when done by right-clicking on it 
in your folder list.

>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
> wrote in message
> news:3B4063D0-F12A-4A6B-8B91-CD21495B2D04@microsoft.com...
>> Make sure you have set you default delivery location to the Exchange
>> mailbox and not to a pst-file.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "saw" <swexpress(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:#g4iUyM9IHA.6052@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Here is my system requirements:
>>>
>>> Microsoft Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition
>>> Microsoft Outlook 2003
>>>
>>> I have Microsoft Outlook 2003 on my desktop and on my Tablet PC.
>>> Typically,
>>> I use my desktop to retrieve emails and respond to emails that come
>>> from the
>>> Exchange 2003.  However, I opened up my Tablet PC Outlook 2003 and
>>> the emails began to show up on my Outlook on my Tablet but at the
>>> same time on
>>> my  Desktop the emails disappeared.  So now all of my old emails
>>> are on my
>>> Tablet PC and are not on my desktop.
>>>
>>> How can I fix it so what I see on my tablet I see on my desktop?  I
>>> would also like it so that it does matter whether I use my tablet
>>> or desktop the
>>> same emails will appear.
>>>
>>> I am unsure of which group is the correct group so I posted it in
>>> multiple
>>> groups.
>>>
>>> Any help is greatly appreciated.



0
lanwench1 (65)
8/3/2008 1:07:14 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Outlook 0x800ccc0d error when Norton e-mail protect enabled: see hosts
This post is made to help others solve this issue, based on my experience. Symptom: - Outlook works perfectly well when Norton Anti-Virus e-mail protection is disabled - Outlook cannot retrieve incoming messages when NAV e-mail protection is enabled, message being: pop3 server not found, error 0x800ccc0d This symptom, and possible solutions, are exactly the object of Symantec support note: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2000020716064206 Please read this note first ! The object of this post is to add another possible solution to this problem. NAV email protection sets up...

Outlook Sales
I have installed the CRM Server,Outlook Router, SQL, the whole nine yards so to say. So now when I try to install the Sales for Outlook CD, it gets to "Initializing" and then crashes with an error message that is unknown. Here is the message; Product: Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook -- Installation operation failed. The Event ID is 11708, any help would be appreciated. It is running on WIN2000 Server with Dual Xeon 3.06 with 2GB of Ram. Thanks, Bobby Bobby You cannot install the outlook client on the same machine as the MSCRM server - that's probably why it's bomb...

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)
Does anyone know of a place where I can find a bunch of various macros for outlook? I've looked around and found 1 or 2 but I would think someone has a large amount of them.. Thanks Dave dave wrote: > Does anyone know of a place where I can find a bunch of > various macros for outlook? I've looked around and found > 1 or 2 but I would think someone has a large amount of > them.. > > Thanks > > Dave Dunno, but a Google search on "Outlook macros" gets about 55,000 hits.... G'Day Dave, Try: http://www.outlookvba.com/examples//allexamples...

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.
Is there any functionality available in exchange server 2007 regarding voice connector? If not how can we create it? Thanks in advance. Ashwin Exchange 2007 has the "Universal Messaging" role which is intended for this purpose. Do you have a PBX? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Microsoft Exchange 2007 command shell" <MicrosoftExchange2007commandshell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAE20A61-AD17-4218-90C2-9356CA90B2A0@microsoft.com... > Is there any functionality available in exch...

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003
How do I migrate I personal folders file (.pst) from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003? Read the Help Files: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "rolo" <rolo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:706405A0-2971-409F-B213-67714B12713C@microsoft.com... > How do I migrate I personal folders file (.pst) from Outlook 2000 to > Outlook > 2003? Thanks Russ it helped. By the way how can I get to this useful help files? "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > Read the Help Files: > htt...

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook
How do you transfer files from OE to Outlook - inbox, contacts, etc. Can you do so if you have already started using Outlook but want to bring these files over. cooker <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you transfer files from OE to Outlook - inbox, contacts, etc. > Can you do so if you have already started using Outlook but want to > bring these files over. Start Outlook Express, click File>Export>Messages. If you have Outlook running at the same time, you'll see the messages appear in Outlook. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson ...

Is anyone an expert with outlook that I can call on the phone?
How do I share calenders between outlook and my MSN Premier account? Assuming you are using the outlook connector, you need to set the msn account to be the default message store then outlook will use the msn calendar as the default. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this...

cannot open hyper links in outlook
when I try to open a hyperlink in outlook, I get the following message: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. ----- I am the system administrator. HELP This is a problem with IE, not Outlook. You need to reset your internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab. (Or Control Panel, Internet options, Advanced tab). See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for more information. "Donald McNeely" <Donald McNeely@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Stop Outlook from starting up automatically
Once I installed Outlook2003, it now runs automatically on startup. How do I disable this? -- | +-- Julian | are you using a PDA that is trying to access the data in it? If so, make sure the device is not connected when you boot. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook ne...

How do I Remove a Split from my Comments in Excel 2003? #2
I have set my current workbook to split/freeze the first column and first 2 rows. Now, when I add a comment to the second row (in any column) my comments are cut off if I should scroll down. I don't ever remember the behavior before. And I don't know what I've done to enable it but it's really annoying. How do turn this off ? ...

outlook 97 and express email problems
Hi, I am currently on an IBM X21 laptop and is running windows 98 se with office 97 pro. I recently experienced some problems with outlook (illegal operations etc) and reinstalled office to fix the problem but since then I have not been able to send or recieve emails with outlook 97 and outlook express 6. I simply get an error message saying the host can't be found (but does exist and I can ping it successfully). Any suggestions on what I might do? I have tried creating new accounts in windows mail and outlook express, but I still get the same error. Thankyou in advance! Tim D...

unable to paste Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003
(This was posted on "excel.charting" group.) I have a user who's unable to paste an Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003 email message. In Outlook options, the checkbox is selected for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages". When I tested this on my own computer running the same version of Office, if the box is check, I have no problem pasting; if this box is cleared, I cannot paste. But on his computer, it doesn't work regardless. Thanks and regards, TL ...

Disable Secure Sockets Layer on exchange server when using RPC over HTTP
Hi im trying to enable RPC over HTTP to enable users to establish contact to my Excahger server 2003 over the internet. Now, I dont want to use SSL (security not that important) and i am told by this article that i can disable SSL in windows registry. Quote: Note While RPC over HTTP does not require Secure Sockets Layer, you must modify the registry to enable RPC over HTTP if you do not want to use Secure Sockets Layer. Microsoft recommends that you enable and require Secure Sockets Layer for your RPC over HTTP communications. At this address: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=833401 But i ...

How do I see when new messages without outlook running?
Without Outlook 2003 constantly running, how do I send mail or know when I have new mail? two possible answers... 1) you don't or 2) you acquired a 3rd party app to occasionally poll your pop3/imap account "Leslie Adams" <Leslie Adams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D37C11C7-722C-4E91-9393-735A49C11701@microsoft.com... > Without Outlook 2003 constantly running, how do I send mail or know when I > have new mail? ...

will CRM load on a 2003 server?
will CRM load on a 2003 server? Microsoft CRM v1.2 supports Windows 2000/2003 Server. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >-----Original Message----- >will CRM load on a 2003 server? >. > No problem. We just completed a 1.2 installation on a 2003 server, without any problems. Brian Demoe "Troy Hicks" <tlhicks@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:03dd01c3dcb2$93653a00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > will CRM load on a 2003 server? CRM 1.2 will also load on Small business server 2003 as wel...

Filters not working in Exchange 2003
I have been trying to turn on the Recipient, Connection, and Sender filters. I have gone to the Default SMTP Virtual Server and turned it on there without getting an error but when I go to the Properties and add senders to block and the hit Apply, it tells me that I must manually turn the filtering on in the SMTP VS. I have stopped and started the Default SMTP VS but still no luck. Any ideas? Hi Wayne That is a standard dialog box, it does not check to see if it is already enabled, have you tested the sender filtering? -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided &quo...

setup Windows Mail as Word 2003 default emailer
All I can do is setup Outlook. I do not use Outlook. I would like to email Word docs using MS Windows Mail (new version of Express) In the Windows Start area, type Regedit into the search bar and then start the Registry Editor and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Clients>Mail Right Click on the (Default) item and then on Modify and in the Value data: field enter Windows Mail so that after you click OK, you have (Default) REG_SZ WIndows Mail -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a pa...

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails
I have an issue where there is a SBS 2003 server (newly installed) & when I drag emails to the file system (explorer window) in order to create file records of the emails it generates an error. Dialog Box Name: Error Copying File or Folder Error Msg: Not enough storage is available to process this command. I can't find an error logged anywhere, either on the server event logs or on the local machine event logs... I have searched the MS KB & Office online, but no joy yet... If anyone can help that would be great!!! R ...

Redirect Exchange 2000 IS backup to different Exchange 2003 server
I recently added an Exchange 2003 server to the same org as a 2000 server. I have dbs from the 2000 server that I need to restore to retrieve email from a user whose mailbox was moved to 2003. So I need to restore the db for that mailbox from BEFORE it was moved because when you move mailboxes you lose any deleted items that were being saved by retention policy. Is this possible? I'm using Veritas Backup Exec 10 but nothing in their support KB seems to follow this exact scenario. If it helps, the old Exch 2000 server is currently empty of users and is ready to be uninstalled. W...

using the journal on outlook
Once I link an email to the journal, can I still find that email in my mail box? I seem to be able to get to it only via the journal. If this is the way it is supposed to be, how do I remove it from the journal and get it back into my mail box? Am I just missing something? -- thanks, Independent Are you linking to the item or putting a copy into the journal item? Also, has the item been archived or not? "Independent" <Independent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:868279F2-53C8-403A-97F5-604CEECD873C@microsoft.com... > Once I link an email to the journ...

Contacts in Exchange #2
We are running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I have tried to give a user rights to her boss's contacts through delegation and setting the rights on the contacts folder, however, while she has the rights she is unable to add or see her boss's contact folder in her Outlook. She can see it if she runs a search, but can not permanently put it in her list of contact folders. IS there a way that I can accomplish this through the back-end? Thanks, Joseph rapoport jrapoport@insurmark.net ...

Reply To Email after installing CRM Outlook Client
After installing the CRM Outlook Client, when opening an email and selecting REPLY, the current windows looses focus. I know this sounds minor but many of our power users are in the habit of hitting REPLY and typing without even looking at the screen. It is not until they look up do they realize that the window no longer has focus thus everything they thought they typed now has to be retyped. Has anyone seen this and know of a quick fix? Thanks in Advance -- Kenneth Clebak Kenneth Have you resolved this? I have the same problem, and it is VERY annoying. Saira "Kenneth Clebak&...

Recreating site/directory connectors on 2003?
Just got the first 2003 server up and running. We have a single domain, and two sites/admin groups. SiteA contains the current 5.5 server (ServerA) and the new 2003 server (ServerB). SiteB contains a single 5.5 server (ServerC). There is a site connector created under 5.5 between SiteA and SiteB with ServerA and ServerC as the bridgeheads in each site. There is also a directory replication connector between SiteA and SiteB, again with ServerA and ServerC as the bridgeheads in each site. The ADC is installed and working with the default mailbox/public folder CA's for both SiteA ...

Exchange 2007 Content Conversion/Encoiding issue.
Hello I have an Exchange 2007 RTM box running in a Windows 2003 only domain. When we scan a document from our Dell 1815n multifunction and have the output emailed, the document shows up as encoded garble instead of an attached document. A message header from a bad email is below. When we scan a document from the same device and send it to a mailbox that still lives on our last remaining Exchange 2003 server, the output from the scanner is attached as a PDF document normally. Any ideas? Thanks Michael Buckley Header from email recieved to Exchange 2007: (server names and I...

outlook 2007 e-mail
how do you stop e-mails from automatically downloading when you open outlook 2007. i would like to be able to open outlook 2007 and have it wait for me to select 'receive' before downloading e-mails to my system. i know there is a way to do it in outlook 2003 but i do not remember how to do it there and i cannot find how to do it in outlook 2007. -- emerson Uncheck the option to send/receive at a specific interval. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted w...