Excel 2007 startup

How do I start excel 07 with no blank workbook opening? On previous versions
one could start the excel program without opening the blank default workbook,
but, I can not find how to shut this off in 2007?
0
rpb (2)

"RPB" <RPB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I start excel 07 with no blank workbook opening? On previous
> versions
> one could start the excel program without opening the blank default
> workbook,
> but, I can not find how to shut this off in 2007?

Well I've been using Excel since Office 95 and I've never seen or used that
"feature".
Might be an idea to ask in an EXCEL group rather than Outlook?

Reorganize excel listing
I need to develop a product/order list from an existing list in a different format. I have attached both. Is there VBA code that can do this for me.?? CustNo P1 P2 P3 P4 P5 P6 P7 A1234 15 18 A3245 10 B3456 D3459 23 35 From the above sheet, I need code to create listing as follows: On the first sheet the field names P1,P2,P3…..are product code CustNo ProdCode Quantity A1234 P1 15 A1234 P3 18 A3245 P5 10 D3459 P2 23 D3459 P7 35 Thanks for any ideas. To reorganize the data, you can use the "unpivot' technique described by ...

Project 2007 on Windows 7
I can not install project on my pc. i keep getting a message sasying that it can not find my version of office installed. I do have office 2007 installed and when I point it at this it says the version is not sutable for upgrade. I am not trying to upgrade and am not using an upgrade disk but it will not let me past this point. I don't recall that Office is a pre-requisite for Project 2007. Are you sure that Windows 7 and Office 2007 is activated? --rms www.rmschneider.com Adam wrote: > I can not install project on my pc. i keep getting a message sasying...

Excel file in use error
This error occurs with spreadsheets which contain macros, they cannot be ammended nor deleted by a network administrator! any ideas???? ...

Outlook 2007 03-02-10
I have an issue with multiple Archive.pst files in my system. Earlier I was using Outlook 2003 and now Outlook 2007. Every time I archive my mails I give different archive file names with YYMMDD as suffix. I keep the back up all old archive files. When I started using Outlook 2007 I wanted to have one Outlook.pst and Archive.pst file in my system. To do this I tried Import of multiple Archive files into single Outlook.pst with 'Replace duplicates with items imported' option and then Archive from the new Outlook.pct file. However I find all duplicates remaining in the new ...

Can't print a group of spreadsheets Excel 2003
I use to be able to group spreadsheets and print the group in Excel 97. When I try to do the same thing in Excel 2003, it ungroups the spreadsheets and will just print the first worksheet. It works fine for me (xl2003). Any chance your fingers slipped? Or you have a macro running that controls your printing? DebbyD wrote: > > I use to be able to group spreadsheets and print the group in Excel 97. When > I try to do the same thing in Excel 2003, it ungroups the spreadsheets and > will just print the first worksheet. -- Dave Peterson ...

How to find complete path for emails in search window? (2007)
Is there any way to find out the complete "path" where an email is stored? I have a fairly complicated configuration of email folders. I have 8-10 top-level folders, each of which may have several sub-levels, etc. In some cases, the nesting goes 5-6 levels deep. This has been great for organizing the emails, but it has become a problem when searching for emails. The search window shows the name of the folder each email is in, but it does not show the full path, so I don't know where that folder is in the hierarchy. I really don't want to go opening up every level. The MS...

Paste Special, Text in Excel 2007
I'm copying data from a web site to an Excel 2007 worksheet. Specifically, I'm creating a database of my DVDs and using IMDB as a source of information, specifically the release date of the movie. Right now I'm copying the date from the web page, right-clicking on the appropriate cell and selecting Paste Special and then selecting Text. This is getting to be too repetitive to be convenient. Is there a keyboard shortcut to do this? I'd love to just hit Ctrl-V (or something similar) to paste it as plain text with no HTML codes or formatting. -- "Pinky, are you pon...

Presentation quality Excel tables?
HI all, After collecting many data, I want to summarize data into a table and then put into both powerpoint and Word document for presentation and report use. Could anybody show me how to design a Excel table that really looks great? Any templates? I designed a bunch of tables myself and because I am lacking of artistic senses, my tables look ugly... One requirement is that I have to make this data table in Black/White, because in the report, mostly people print it out in Black/White, the color will get distorted if it document is in color mode. To save overall time, why don't I just de...

Formula to copy cell in Excel from on file to another
Hi, I have 19 excel files in a folder and I have created another excel file (B) in which I am trying to set a formula that can look in Cell "A6" which has the path with the file name of the first file (1) then copy From the first File (1) cell "L25" an place it in Cell "Y6" of File (B). I want the file names or file names with the path to be in file (B) so that I can change the name easily instead of changing all formulas. Hope I have clear explanation! Thanks, The function you'd want to use is =indirect(). But =indirect() won't work ...

Stock Quotes on Excel 2007
Just upgraded from Windows XP to Vista and from Office XP(2002) to Office 2007. In Excel 2002 I had downloaded a Microsoft add-in which would obtain stock info (name, current price, etc.) from any stock symbol. Apparently this add-in does not work on Excel 2007. There must be a straightforward way to get my stock quotes in Excel 2007, but Microsoft is doing a good job of hiding it. (1) Is this feature built into Excel 2007? (2) Will the older add-in work with 2007, even though it doesn't say it will? I really need this feature, Can someone help? Most add-ins will work with Exc...

Is the Page X of Y Bug Been Fixed in 2007?
I used to have a problem with the Page X of Y bug in 2003, but I haven't noticed it yet in the couple of months I've been using Word 2007. Did they actually fix something in 2007? Jerry This is difficult to tell. Whether Page X of Y works properly or not seems to depend on the combination of Word updates and the printer driver installed. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Jerry" wrote: > I used to have a problem with the Page X of Y bug in 2003, but I haven't > noticed it yet in the couple of months I've been using Word 2007. Did t...

Removing the "broom" that pops-up in Excel
Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? The broom appears after I copy/paste a row. The broom allows me to change formatting, but it gets in my way and I can't see the cells beneath it. Frustrating! Tools|options|Edit tab uncheck show paste option buttons (and anything else you want disabled) LynnMcolorado wrote: > > Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? The broom appears after I > copy/paste a row. The broom allows me to change formatting, but it gets in > my way and I can't see the cells beneath it. > Frustrating! -- Dave Peterson ...

Integrate MS Access 2007 with SharePoint Server 2007, Authentication and Authorization Problem
Hi all, We have a MS Access 2007 application and have integrated it with the SharePoint Server 2007 which acts as the backend central storage. When user opens the application, it displays a dialog for SharePoint Account. How to capture the SharePoint username programmatically so that we can determine which record can be displayed and which forms can be used? We have considered building another authentication process purely using MS Access and VBA, but users will be required to go through two different authentication processes by typing two pairs of username and password so ...

Excel 2007 with two windows in Windows 7
Hi, I'd like to be able to have two separate Excel windows every time I open an xlsx file, whether by double clicking it or by going to the MRU file list in Excel 2007 or through the open dialog. I had this in Excel 2007 in Vista, using the reg patches that are out there and changing the dde settings in Excel. But once I installed Windows 7 and re-installed Office, the old instructions no longer work. This is a real pain and hurts productivity because it makes comparing two spreadsheets annoying. If I want to compare two spreadsheets, I can't just grab them fro...

Converting Adobe files into Excel files
Does anyone know of a good software that will convert files save as Adobe into workable excel spreadsheets. Any recommendations would be appreciated. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/EM011628581033.aspx They have a product on the above link that converts PDF Files into Excel or Word. Not sure if it will do what you need, but they have a free trial to download. I downloaded the trial and found it worked alright, but it doesn't have to many options on how to transfer the information. See what you think. "sweetsue516" wrote: > Does anyone know of a goo...

Excel based schedule
I have a multipage spreadsheet that all works except for one part. Let me show you what my sheet says and then I will explain what in need from it. On Page 1: Start Date End Date Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday (T/F check box for each, linked to the cell beneath each day) And on another page I am trying to work with the selected days. On Page 2: Cell "A1" list the Date of the first day checked, in cell "B1" list the day of the first day checked, in cell "A2" list the Date of the second day checked, in cell "B2&...

EXCEL: Permission to wrkbk restrict:Inform. Rights Manag. config p
Dear All, I am using MS Office 2003 EXCEL and have already tried to and installed an EXCELff hotfix sent to me by Microsoft. The EXCELop file would not install. This is all due to the following problem with EXCEL 2003: When I attempt to open my EXCEL files with password protection on them I receive the following message: Permission to this workbook is currently restricted. Microsoft Office must connect to https://licensing.drm.microsoft.com/licensing to verify your credentials and download your permission. When I click on the OK button I see the initiation of a new box indicating ...

Excel is "frosting"
Hi, I'm working with Excel 2003. When I'm working on a specific document that I've copied and paste informations from the Net (FedEx), it was just text, no hyperlink or images, this document won't save after 35 minutes that I'm working on it. If I save every 15 minutes, it will work but after 35 minutes, it said "Not Responding" and I have to close Excel. I have the recover document but it always misses the latest changes that I've made. I've lost 2 hours and a half on that, I had 935 rows of text, I've deleted about 800 of them but it won&#...

Excel 2010 Service Pack 1
For those who may not know, Office 2010 Service Pack 1 is now available at Microsoft's site. The bulk of the fixes seem to be for OneNote, but a few are listed for Excel. -- Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA http://OakRoadSystems.com Shikata ga nai... tkx Stan, The Office 2010 SP1 is released as KB2460049. 32-bit (x86) Office 2010 SP1 Microsoft Download Center: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d2e1282-8b69-418b-afa0-9f61239ec8be Direct Download Link (US English): http://download.microsoft.com/...

Access to Excel 11-03-07
I'm trying to export/import the results of an Access parameter query to a particular range of cells in a pre-existing Excel worksheet. Can this be done programatically, and if so, is it best to do it from within Access or within Excel. I've tried several methods (DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet, Export from the file menu, etc.) but they just create a new worksheet or want to overwrite my existing sheet. So far, the only way I've been able to do it is to run a make table query in Access to create a temporary table, then open the Excel worksheet, select the beginning cell in the ra...

Unable to send emails from Word 2007
Now I've upgraded to Windows 7, when I try and email a document from Word 2007, I get a message saying that I need to logon to Microsoft Excahnge to access my address book, what is this ? When I acknowledge this message the next one says that there is no Email associated to perform this action, I have Live Mail installed and working and defined as my default email program. Any ideas ? Word requires Outlook to be the default email application for Windows in order to access the address book. Microsoft Exchange is an expensive corporate messaging application. -- <>...

How to make Three Bars and one line with a second axis in EXCEL
I want to make a Chart in EXCEL such that I canhave three or more BARS and one Line..The line I want in a second axis. Let's say you have three series that you want for bars and one that you want plotted as a line. Create a bar chart using all 4 series. Select the series that you want to change to a line and right click on the series. You can change the chart type for the series at this point. I believe it will put it on a secondary axis automatically. "JAS123" wrote: > I want to make a Chart in EXCEL such that I canhave three or more BARS and > one Line..T...

Excel Resolution Bug/Problem/Virus #2
Yes it is set to Normal 96 DPI. If you guys don't know, any ideas on how I might find someone that does know? -- d1sc0rd ------------------------------------------------------------------------ d1sc0rd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14812 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=264411 what are you talking about?!?!? >-----Original Message----- > >Yes it is set to Normal 96 DPI. If you guys don't know, any ideas on how >I might find someone that does know? > > >-- >d1sc0rd >----...

Percentage increase in excel
Hi, I have a column showing profit over one year and i would like to calculate the percentage increase each month. For example my columns might be as follows. Jan - �3000 Feb - �4500 Mar - �7000 Apr - �9000 etc. So i need to calculate the percentage increase from Jan to Feb and so on. Does anybody know the formula? Thanks -- fibregrid ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fibregrid's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25707 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401911 fibregri...

Running auto correct on startup?
Hi, I'm using excel 2003 and I'm looking for a way to manually or automatically run auto correct on startup or after pasting. The thing is that I'm importing large amounts of data and using text to columns to sort it out and everythings fine, but the data comes from different places and does not always match very well. Since it's important that for instance "St. Peters" from one source and "Saint Peter's" from another source can automatically be changed to the same "Saint Peter's" I'm looking for something with auto correct here...