Eudora 6.1 to Outlook Express 6

I have having trouble importing my messages from Eudora
6.1 to Outlook Express 6. When I try to do import I get a
long message that says "No messages can be found in this
folder or another application is running that has the
required files open. Please select another folder or try
closing applications that may have the files open."

Anybody have any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

Digev <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have having trouble importing my messages from Eudora
> 6.1 to Outlook Express 6. When I try to do import I get a
> long message that says "No messages can be found in this
> folder or another application is running that has the
> required files open. Please select another folder or try
> closing applications that may have the files open."
>
> Anybody have any ideas?

Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Outlook Express Blocks all my attachments
It believes my access to all received attachments should be blocked. How do I correct this, over ride this? Outlook Express has an option to block attachments. According to Microsoft, this feature is not enabled by default, but judging from feedback to Microsoft, it is enabled at least in some circumstances. Users are also reporting that nearly all of the attachments they receive are considered unsaf To turn off this feature in Outlook Express: 1. Select Options from the Tools menu 2. Click on the Security ta 3. Uncheck the box that says “Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that ...

Outlook 2000 #202
Running windows 98 and outlook 2000. has run well for several years. Recently had problems getting on-line. That problem now solved. However, now when I try to run Outlook 2000, I get following error notification: "An OLE registration error has occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run setup again for the program." I have assumed this referrs to Outlook. I have run setup several times, even uninstalling outlook and reinstalling, to no avail. Any ideas where the problem lies?? ...

Recover Deleted Items Outlook 2003
I can't get the DumpsterAlywaysOn trick to work in Outlook 2003. Is there a different way of implementing this in the newer version? Thanks, Patrick are you certain you did not make the same typo in the registry key that you made in this post? that key has always worked for me... "PatricK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ad3601c4369d$f8c98be0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I can't get the DumpsterAlywaysOn trick to work in > Outlook 2003. Is there a different way of implementing > this in the newer version? > > Thanks, > Patric...

Using MS Access information in Outlook
I have an MS Access DBase that contains our companies contact information. I want to be able to use that information in an Outlook contact folder. I do not want to import the information into Outlook. I want it to be automatically synchronized. Is this possible? Mikeal ...

Outlook 2003 "Reply to All" not functioning
I have a particular end-user (User 1) who is receiving e-mails from another end-user (User 2) within the same Exchange 2003 domain. The problem is the following: User 1 receives an e-mail from User 2, User 1 is CCed in this message from User 2. User 1 wants to "Reply to All," however, User 2 does not show up whenever "Reply to All" is clicked in any of the address fields of the replying message. Both users are on Exchange 2003. User 1 is using Outlook 2003, while User 2 is using both Outlook 2003 and OWA 2003. This issue also occurs with User 2 whenever an external end-u...

Label for imported Outlook holidays
Hello all, Exchange 2003 SP2/Outlook 2003. We modified the outlook.hol file so that it contains the days our company will be closed in 2009. The file has been copied on each user's workstation, and each user has to importe the holidays in his/ her Outlook. Question is : is it possible to add a label during the import ? Or to change the status/create a custom status ? In this way we could easily see in the weekly/monthly view which days are off, without needing to modify each item individually. Thanks ! Luuke you can't create a custom status. users would need to add a label to th...

Outlook 2003
More than 50% of my contacts do not have email addresses, so it therefore clutters the Address book unnecessarily. Is there anyway to allow the address book (the popup which appears when clicking on "To:") to only show contacts that have email addresses? I can use categories to assign contacts as ValidEmailUser, but I can't seem to find a way to force the address book popup form, to show based on a category. Thanks. That's odd. I have never seen the Outlook Address Book display Contacts without electronic addresses. It simply won't do that. Do these Contacts ...

outlook mobile access broken #2
I noticed this morning that my OMA was give ASP application error reports when a device tried to connect. I put it down to changing the installed .net framework at the end of last week - using the aspnet_regiis.exe command located in the C: \WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework directory, I changed from v1.1.4322 to v2.0.50727. So I reverted back to v1.1.4322 hoping it would resolve the issue, no all I get is a 404 page not found - even though there are files there - now I'm a bit stumped. What is going to be the easiest way to fix/repair/recreate this virtual directory? Any pointers would ...

Avoid creation of new folders in my document when I open outlook?
Hi, each times I open Outlook, new folders are cretaed in my documents and each times I attach files to an email, Outlook creats new folders in the file where the attach file was. How can I avoid this? is this a dell laptop with media direct? if so, uninstall the outlook setup add-in. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outl...

Transferring Outlook Profiles
Concerning transferring Outlook accounts. I am currently re-imaging several shared workstations and hoping to simply transfer users Outlook profiles from the old pc’s to the new ones (rather than having to recreate 20+ profiles manually). I have already tried transferring the old C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder to the new workstations without success. Does anyone know if what I am attempting is even possible? My guess is it’s going to take more than simply copying a folder over to get these profiles transferred (if it can even be done). Than...

error message exiting outlook 2003
On exiting Outlook 2003, I get a message that says "The instruction at 0x7c910f2b referenced memory at 0x0bcd5c4c. The memory could not be read" Any ideas? -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter http://mail.giantcompany.com Does this also happen when you disable your add-ins? What is logged to the Event Viewer regarding this? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Offic...

How to send Outlook rule reply to reply-to address (not from address)?
By default Outlook 2002 sends rule-based replies to the From: address of the incoming email message. Is there a way to set-up the reply rule to send to the Reply-to: address instead? Thanks, -Keith ...

Outlook
We are on Exchange 2007, Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007. A users sends a specific spreadsheet to multiple users 2-3 times a week. About once a week, one of the users tries to open the file and it is corrupted. The original file is 18K but after he attempts to open it, it reduces to 4K. If he tries to forward the message, it goes out corrupted. If he saves the file first, it is fine. But it still becomes corrupted if he tries to open from the attachment. We all use the same anti-virus and this is the only Excel document he has the problem with. He receives many from various source...

Outlook Rules not working with new Exchange Server
We recently (last week) upgraded our Exchange 5.5 server with a new machine running Exchange 2003. Since that change, a few clients who use Outlook Rules to forward messages to other email addresses have noticed that those messages are no longer being delivered. We have clients using Outlook 2000 and some using 2003 - it doesn't seem to matter which version of Outlook that's being used. The rules work just fine for placing specific messages into specific folders, but anytime that a message is supposed to be forwarded to an outside email address, it is never delivered. Any ide...

Outlook 2003 #147
When sending an Email, I would like to send a copy to a folder (Not sent items) in the address field has any one seen this one? ...

Outlook 2003 SP2
Hi Is there any way I can set a user defined field to show the date (and time) I read a particular email? Lou Lou, you wrote on Tue, 2 Oct 2007 18:16:50 +1000: > Is there any way I can set a user defined field to show the date (and time) > I read a particular email? No. BTW: SP3 for Office 2003 has been released: http://tinyurl.com/mb2dj -- Best Regards Christian Goeller http://www.outlookfaq.net You can expose the replied to time (http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm) but I don't know if you can expose a read time. Modified time won't work because marki...

Create Outlook 2003 Rule using 'Or' operator in 'Sent to' condition
How do I create a rule that uses the 'or' operator in the 'sent to' condition? I actually have a rule like this, but don't know how I created it. In other rules, when I try to add more that one email address or group in 'sent to,' Outlook inserts the 'and' operator. What is the exact rule in full? In general you'd create additional rules but it depends a bit on the condition or action that you are using. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins ...

Outlook 2003 AutoArchive Deletes emails
1000+ users on our domains have been having an issue where they run AutoArchive and a large number of their non-expired emails are moved to the Deleted Items folder of their Personal Folder File (or, if one doesn't exist, one is created on their hard drive) and the items in the Deleted Items folder of their PFF are deleted completely and must be recovered. After that point, any items placed in the PFF under Inbox will be sucked into Deleted Items in the Archive/PFF each time. We have checked the settings on 10+ machines and the only way to prevent this problem from occuring is to manuall...

Why is my Outlook slow and jumpy?
My Outlook opens slowly with several blank window boxes at various places on the screen. It is slow to respond to the mouse and when I am typing. Version of Outlook? What add-in do you have installed? Also see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm on how to reset, repair and troubleshoot Outlook and determine wether it is caused by Outlook or one of your add-ins. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Bobbi" <Bobbi@discus...

outlook 2000 error message with roadrunner
Can some one please help.... I just signed up for road runner and I am not able to send or recieve emails through outlook. The message that I get is ... a time out occured while communicating with the server. (Account: pop-server.houston.rr.com, SMTP Server;'smtp- server.houston.rr.com', Error Number 0x800ccc19) Have you called Roadrunner support to make sure your settings are correct? lynn wrote: > Can some one please help.... I just signed up for road > runner and I am not able to send or recieve emails through > outlook. The message that I get is ... > a time o...

Add yearly event to calander of all outlook clients
Dear member Is it possible to add all yearly events to the calander of all outlook clients? Regards Enam Send it as a meeting request? You may also want to ask in the Outlook newsgroups. Those people know OL inside and out. "Enam" <Enam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D0CF893-B10D-439F-BD94-D1A140A61FBF@microsoft.com... > Dear member > > Is it possible to add all yearly events to the calander of all outlook > clients? > > Regards > Enam > ...

Messages Recovery Miscrosoft Outlook 2000
How Can I do recover a messages deleted permanent ? The messages was sent to delete messages and then this folder was empty You can try the following; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "jk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5c8a01c49202$c2b9e890$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How Can I do recover a messages deleted permanent ? The > mes...

Intergration between Project 2007 and outlook 2003
Please help.... I am running MS Project 2007 (not server) and outlook 2003. Is there way (or a program someone can reccomend) to intergrate the tasks ect between the two pieces of software? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01CA99B8.95E55F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Yoni, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :) There is no way within Project, and I don't know of product that does. = You might like to peruse the Companions Page of the M...

LDAP lookup not working with Outlook 2003
I have recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 and notice that I could no longer resolve names via the LDAP server. I get always get a message that there are too many matches in the Internet Directory. This does not occur with Outlook 2002 or Outlook Express. With these two applications, the name is always resolved in less that 20 seconds. Any ideas? Try a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups...

Outlook/VBScript: I want to retrieved EntryID from TaskItem class
Hi, I have a question concerning the EntryID from the TaskItem class in Outlook. Here's my question I would like to stored the EntryID in an Access Database at the same time that I am saving the rest of the information (DueDate, Owner, Subject...etc) in my table. I do not know if it is possible. My Problem is that the EntryID does not seems to appears when I am saving the Recordset in my Item_Write event. I do not know if it is created after the Item_Write event. I have tried by putting the EntryID in the Item_Close event but I am not getting the value. I am using VBScript. Is there anyway...