Error when starting Outlook 2003

Hi I have installed Office 2003 (inc Outlook 2003) but when I go to start it
(I upgraded from Oultlook 2000) - I get a message that says "Cannot start
Microsoft Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window". The set of folders
could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator
if this condition persists"

I am running on a stand alone laptop with broad band connection, and 756 MB
RAM and a Windows 2000 SP3 OS.

If I repair the installation, it runs fine until the next time I log in when
I get the same message when trying to start Microsoft Outlook

I am not sure what the issue is - can anyone advise ?

Thanks

Kelvin


0
kkirby (3)
11/2/2003 5:54:21 PM
outlook 87535 articles. 11 followers. Follow

6 Replies
207 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 17

Try creating a new Outlook profile.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
Kelvin Kirby <kkirby@techassoc.com> asked:

| Hi I have installed Office 2003 (inc Outlook 2003) but when I go to
| start it (I upgraded from Oultlook 2000) - I get a message that says
| "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window".
| The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available.
| Contact your administrator if this condition persists"
|
| I am running on a stand alone laptop with broad band connection, and
| 756 MB RAM and a Windows 2000 SP3 OS.
|
| If I repair the installation, it runs fine until the next time I log
| in when I get the same message when trying to start Microsoft Outlook
|
| I am not sure what the issue is - can anyone advise ?
|
| Thanks
|
| Kelvin


0
MillyS1 (1480)
11/2/2003 10:46:20 PM
Hi Milly,

I tried setting up a new profile and that didn't work !

Any other suggestions ?   (BTW Outlook Express works fine !)

Regards

Kelvin

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:O9XNgMZoDHA.2848@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Try creating a new Outlook profile.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
> Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
> reading.
>
> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
> Kelvin Kirby <kkirby@techassoc.com> asked:
>
> | Hi I have installed Office 2003 (inc Outlook 2003) but when I go to
> | start it (I upgraded from Oultlook 2000) - I get a message that says
> | "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window".
> | The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available.
> | Contact your administrator if this condition persists"
> |
> | I am running on a stand alone laptop with broad band connection, and
> | 756 MB RAM and a Windows 2000 SP3 OS.
> |
> | If I repair the installation, it runs fine until the next time I log
> | in when I get the same message when trying to start Microsoft Outlook
> |
> | I am not sure what the issue is - can anyone advise ?
> |
> | Thanks
> |
> | Kelvin
>
>


0
kkirby (3)
11/3/2003 11:45:55 PM
May I assume you set it up in Internet only mode (vs. corporate workgroup)?
You can check at Tools > Options > Mail Services > Reconfigure Mail Support.
It'll tell you which one is active.

Search My Computer including hidden files and folders, system files, and
subfolders for a file *.pst.  It's probably outlook.pst or mailbox.pst.  You
may want to try running the Inbox Repair Tool on that .pst file. Here's How:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q272227&ID=KB;EN-US;Q272227

If that doesn't work, I'd probably uninstall the product, reboot, and then
reinstall the product from scratch.

Good luck!
"Kelvin Kirby" <kkirby@techassoc.com> wrote in message
news:OBzmkRmoDHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi Milly,
>
> I tried setting up a new profile and that didn't work !
>
> Any other suggestions ?   (BTW Outlook Express works fine !)
>
> Regards
>
> Kelvin
>
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:O9XNgMZoDHA.2848@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > Try creating a new Outlook profile.
> >
> > --�
> > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> >
> > Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
> > Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
> > reading.
> >
> > After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
> > Kelvin Kirby <kkirby@techassoc.com> asked:
> >
> > | Hi I have installed Office 2003 (inc Outlook 2003) but when I go to
> > | start it (I upgraded from Oultlook 2000) - I get a message that says
> > | "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window".
> > | The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available.
> > | Contact your administrator if this condition persists"
> > |
> > | I am running on a stand alone laptop with broad band connection, and
> > | 756 MB RAM and a Windows 2000 SP3 OS.
> > |
> > | If I repair the installation, it runs fine until the next time I log
> > | in when I get the same message when trying to start Microsoft Outlook
> > |
> > | I am not sure what the issue is - can anyone advise ?
> > |
> > | Thanks
> > |
> > | Kelvin
> >
> >
>
>


0
11/4/2003 4:11:25 AM
Just so the original poster is not confused: None of this response actually
applies to Outlook 2003, which does not have separate modes.
-- 
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Lorien" <anonymous@microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:NFFpb.4884$9M3.1634@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> May I assume you set it up in Internet only mode (vs. corporate
workgroup)?
> You can check at Tools > Options > Mail Services > Reconfigure Mail
Support.
> It'll tell you which one is active.
>
> Search My Computer including hidden files and folders, system files, and
> subfolders for a file *.pst.  It's probably outlook.pst or mailbox.pst.
You
> may want to try running the Inbox Repair Tool on that .pst file. Here's
How:
>
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q272227&ID=KB;EN-US;Q272227
>
> If that doesn't work, I'd probably uninstall the product, reboot, and then
> reinstall the product from scratch.
>
> Good luck!
> "Kelvin Kirby" <kkirby@techassoc.com> wrote in message
> news:OBzmkRmoDHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > Hi Milly,
> >
> > I tried setting up a new profile and that didn't work !
> >
> > Any other suggestions ?   (BTW Outlook Express works fine !)
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Kelvin
> >
> > "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > news:O9XNgMZoDHA.2848@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > Try creating a new Outlook profile.
> > >
> > > --�
> > > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> > >
> > > Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
the
> > > Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted
w/out
> > > reading.
> > >
> > > After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
> > > Kelvin Kirby <kkirby@techassoc.com> asked:
> > >
> > > | Hi I have installed Office 2003 (inc Outlook 2003) but when I go to
> > > | start it (I upgraded from Oultlook 2000) - I get a message that says
> > > | "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window".
> > > | The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available.
> > > | Contact your administrator if this condition persists"
> > > |
> > > | I am running on a stand alone laptop with broad band connection, and
> > > | 756 MB RAM and a Windows 2000 SP3 OS.
> > > |
> > > | If I repair the installation, it runs fine until the next time I log
> > > | in when I get the same message when trying to start Microsoft
Outlook
> > > |
> > > | I am not sure what the issue is - can anyone advise ?
> > > |
> > > | Thanks
> > > |
> > > | Kelvin
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
russval (3097)
11/4/2003 10:32:04 AM
OOPS!  Sorry about that.  I've got to pay more attention - especially when
we're lucky enough to have someone actually provide the version.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:uILin7roDHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Just so the original poster is not confused: None of this response
actually
> applies to Outlook 2003, which does not have separate modes.
> -- 
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Lorien" <anonymous@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:NFFpb.4884$9M3.1634@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> > May I assume you set it up in Internet only mode (vs. corporate
> workgroup)?
> > You can check at Tools > Options > Mail Services > Reconfigure Mail
> Support.
> > It'll tell you which one is active.
> >
> > Search My Computer including hidden files and folders, system files, and
> > subfolders for a file *.pst.  It's probably outlook.pst or mailbox.pst.
> You
> > may want to try running the Inbox Repair Tool on that .pst file. Here's
> How:
> >
>
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q272227&ID=KB;EN-US;Q272227
> >
> > If that doesn't work, I'd probably uninstall the product, reboot, and
then
> > reinstall the product from scratch.
> >
> > Good luck!
> > "Kelvin Kirby" <kkirby@techassoc.com> wrote in message
> > news:OBzmkRmoDHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > Hi Milly,
> > >
> > > I tried setting up a new profile and that didn't work !
> > >
> > > Any other suggestions ?   (BTW Outlook Express works fine !)
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Kelvin
> > >
> > > "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > news:O9XNgMZoDHA.2848@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > > Try creating a new Outlook profile.
> > > >
> > > > --�
> > > > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> > > >
> > > > Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
> the
> > > > Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted
> w/out
> > > > reading.
> > > >
> > > > After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
> > > > Kelvin Kirby <kkirby@techassoc.com> asked:
> > > >
> > > > | Hi I have installed Office 2003 (inc Outlook 2003) but when I go
to
> > > > | start it (I upgraded from Oultlook 2000) - I get a message that
says
> > > > | "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook
window".
> > > > | The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not
available.
> > > > | Contact your administrator if this condition persists"
> > > > |
> > > > | I am running on a stand alone laptop with broad band connection,
and
> > > > | 756 MB RAM and a Windows 2000 SP3 OS.
> > > > |
> > > > | If I repair the installation, it runs fine until the next time I
log
> > > > | in when I get the same message when trying to start Microsoft
> Outlook
> > > > |
> > > > | I am not sure what the issue is - can anyone advise ?
> > > > |
> > > > | Thanks
> > > > |
> > > > | Kelvin
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
11/4/2003 11:08:23 AM
I know. I often miss it too when it's in Subject only, not the message.
-- 
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Lorien" <anonymous@microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:HMLpb.7209$Oo4.1503@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> OOPS!  Sorry about that.  I've got to pay more attention - especially when
> we're lucky enough to have someone actually provide the version.
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:uILin7roDHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Just so the original poster is not confused: None of this response
> actually
> > applies to Outlook 2003, which does not have separate modes.
> > -- 
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > "Lorien" <anonymous@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:NFFpb.4884$9M3.1634@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> > > May I assume you set it up in Internet only mode (vs. corporate
> > workgroup)?
> > > You can check at Tools > Options > Mail Services > Reconfigure Mail
> > Support.
> > > It'll tell you which one is active.
> > >
> > > Search My Computer including hidden files and folders, system files,
and
> > > subfolders for a file *.pst.  It's probably outlook.pst or
mailbox.pst.
> > You
> > > may want to try running the Inbox Repair Tool on that .pst file.
Here's
> > How:
> > >
> >
>
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q272227&ID=KB;EN-US;Q272227
> > >
> > > If that doesn't work, I'd probably uninstall the product, reboot, and
> then
> > > reinstall the product from scratch.
> > >
> > > Good luck!
> > > "Kelvin Kirby" <kkirby@techassoc.com> wrote in message
> > > news:OBzmkRmoDHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > > Hi Milly,
> > > >
> > > > I tried setting up a new profile and that didn't work !
> > > >
> > > > Any other suggestions ?   (BTW Outlook Express works fine !)
> > > >
> > > > Regards
> > > >
> > > > Kelvin
> > > >
> > > > "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > > news:O9XNgMZoDHA.2848@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > > > Try creating a new Outlook profile.
> > > > >
> > > > > --�
> > > > > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> > > > >
> > > > > Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due
to
> > the
> > > > > Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted
> > w/out
> > > > > reading.
> > > > >
> > > > > After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
> > > > > Kelvin Kirby <kkirby@techassoc.com> asked:
> > > > >
> > > > > | Hi I have installed Office 2003 (inc Outlook 2003) but when I go
> to
> > > > > | start it (I upgraded from Oultlook 2000) - I get a message that
> says
> > > > > | "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook
> window".
> > > > > | The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not
> available.
> > > > > | Contact your administrator if this condition persists"
> > > > > |
> > > > > | I am running on a stand alone laptop with broad band connection,
> and
> > > > > | 756 MB RAM and a Windows 2000 SP3 OS.
> > > > > |
> > > > > | If I repair the installation, it runs fine until the next time I
> log
> > > > > | in when I get the same message when trying to start Microsoft
> > Outlook
> > > > > |
> > > > > | I am not sure what the issue is - can anyone advise ?
> > > > > |
> > > > > | Thanks
> > > > > |
> > > > > | Kelvin
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
russval (3097)
11/4/2003 11:17:05 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Outlook 0x800ccc0d error when Norton e-mail protect enabled: see hosts
This post is made to help others solve this issue, based on my experience. Symptom: - Outlook works perfectly well when Norton Anti-Virus e-mail protection is disabled - Outlook cannot retrieve incoming messages when NAV e-mail protection is enabled, message being: pop3 server not found, error 0x800ccc0d This symptom, and possible solutions, are exactly the object of Symantec support note: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2000020716064206 Please read this note first ! The object of this post is to add another possible solution to this problem. NAV email protection sets up...

Outlook Sales
I have installed the CRM Server,Outlook Router, SQL, the whole nine yards so to say. So now when I try to install the Sales for Outlook CD, it gets to "Initializing" and then crashes with an error message that is unknown. Here is the message; Product: Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook -- Installation operation failed. The Event ID is 11708, any help would be appreciated. It is running on WIN2000 Server with Dual Xeon 3.06 with 2GB of Ram. Thanks, Bobby Bobby You cannot install the outlook client on the same machine as the MSCRM server - that's probably why it's bomb...

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)
Does anyone know of a place where I can find a bunch of various macros for outlook? I've looked around and found 1 or 2 but I would think someone has a large amount of them.. Thanks Dave dave wrote: > Does anyone know of a place where I can find a bunch of > various macros for outlook? I've looked around and found > 1 or 2 but I would think someone has a large amount of > them.. > > Thanks > > Dave Dunno, but a Google search on "Outlook macros" gets about 55,000 hits.... G'Day Dave, Try: http://www.outlookvba.com/examples//allexamples...

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003
How do I migrate I personal folders file (.pst) from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003? Read the Help Files: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "rolo" <rolo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:706405A0-2971-409F-B213-67714B12713C@microsoft.com... > How do I migrate I personal folders file (.pst) from Outlook 2000 to > Outlook > 2003? Thanks Russ it helped. By the way how can I get to this useful help files? "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > Read the Help Files: > htt...

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook
How do you transfer files from OE to Outlook - inbox, contacts, etc. Can you do so if you have already started using Outlook but want to bring these files over. cooker <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you transfer files from OE to Outlook - inbox, contacts, etc. > Can you do so if you have already started using Outlook but want to > bring these files over. Start Outlook Express, click File>Export>Messages. If you have Outlook running at the same time, you'll see the messages appear in Outlook. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson ...

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong
I’m using MS Project 2007, have several task linked with finish to start. I have set date to schedule from, hours per day set to 8 and Working Monday thru Friday. My schedule shows Task 1 Duration 4 days, start Wed 6/2/10, Finish Mon 6/7/10 Task 2 Duration 3 days, start Mon 6/7/10, Finish Thu 6/10/10 Task 2 should have a Start Date of 6/8/10 not 6/7/10; what is causing this? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

Is anyone an expert with outlook that I can call on the phone?
How do I share calenders between outlook and my MSN Premier account? Assuming you are using the outlook connector, you need to set the msn account to be the default message store then outlook will use the msn calendar as the default. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this...

Stop Outlook from starting up automatically
Once I installed Outlook2003, it now runs automatically on startup. How do I disable this? -- | +-- Julian | are you using a PDA that is trying to access the data in it? If so, make sure the device is not connected when you boot. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook ne...

cannot open hyper links in outlook
when I try to open a hyperlink in outlook, I get the following message: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. ----- I am the system administrator. HELP This is a problem with IE, not Outlook. You need to reset your internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab. (Or Control Panel, Internet options, Advanced tab). See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for more information. "Donald McNeely" <Donald McNeely@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Unknown error from CFtpConnection::GetFile()...
Hi all, I'm having intermittent problems with CFtpConnection::GetFile()... 99% of the time GetFile() succeeds but occasionally it fails and returns FALSE with a GetLastError of 0x2EFF (12031) which I can't find documented/defined anywhere... Anyone know what this error means...? Where it is defined...? A bit of searching on on the web seems to suggest; "The connection with the server has been reset." Can anyone confirm this...? Many thanks, Andy. Andrew Kilgore wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm having intermittent problems with CFtpConnection::GetFile()... > 99%...

How do I Remove a Split from my Comments in Excel 2003? #2
I have set my current workbook to split/freeze the first column and first 2 rows. Now, when I add a comment to the second row (in any column) my comments are cut off if I should scroll down. I don't ever remember the behavior before. And I don't know what I've done to enable it but it's really annoying. How do turn this off ? ...

Error 550 Relaying denied
I get this nearly every time I try to send information using MS Outlook email. Any suggestions? You probably need to turn on authentication to your outgoing server. You can do so on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your mail account. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:9cf101c3eacf$a3250cb0$a401280a@phx.gbl, Dick Brenneke wrote: > I get this nearly every time I try to send information > using MS Outlook email. Any suggestions? Th...

unable to paste Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003
(This was posted on "excel.charting" group.) I have a user who's unable to paste an Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003 email message. In Outlook options, the checkbox is selected for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages". When I tested this on my own computer running the same version of Office, if the box is check, I have no problem pasting; if this box is cleared, I cannot paste. But on his computer, it doesn't work regardless. Thanks and regards, TL ...

will CRM load on a 2003 server?
will CRM load on a 2003 server? Microsoft CRM v1.2 supports Windows 2000/2003 Server. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >-----Original Message----- >will CRM load on a 2003 server? >. > No problem. We just completed a 1.2 installation on a 2003 server, without any problems. Brian Demoe "Troy Hicks" <tlhicks@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:03dd01c3dcb2$93653a00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > will CRM load on a 2003 server? CRM 1.2 will also load on Small business server 2003 as wel...

Cannot open Outlook, keep getting Send error report of Microsoft.
We are having problems with Outlook 2003. Everytime we try to open, we get this: Send error report to Microsoft. Any ideas why? All windows and office update have been completed. ...

setup Windows Mail as Word 2003 default emailer
All I can do is setup Outlook. I do not use Outlook. I would like to email Word docs using MS Windows Mail (new version of Express) In the Windows Start area, type Regedit into the search bar and then start the Registry Editor and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Clients>Mail Right Click on the (Default) item and then on Modify and in the Value data: field enter Windows Mail so that after you click OK, you have (Default) REG_SZ WIndows Mail -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a pa...

Filters not working in Exchange 2003
I have been trying to turn on the Recipient, Connection, and Sender filters. I have gone to the Default SMTP Virtual Server and turned it on there without getting an error but when I go to the Properties and add senders to block and the hit Apply, it tells me that I must manually turn the filtering on in the SMTP VS. I have stopped and started the Default SMTP VS but still no luck. Any ideas? Hi Wayne That is a standard dialog box, it does not check to see if it is already enabled, have you tested the sender filtering? -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided &quo...

Document Viewer installer error
I recently ran CHKDSK /F as this was prompted when I attempted to run defrag etc. Since the chkdsk was run, when I turn my PC on, I receive the following message: "document viewier - installed encountered an unexpected error - error code 2908". I click run, the same error just repeats and loops. The only was I can remove it is to end task via task manager. Any ideas how I can correct this error? many thanks ...

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails
I have an issue where there is a SBS 2003 server (newly installed) & when I drag emails to the file system (explorer window) in order to create file records of the emails it generates an error. Dialog Box Name: Error Copying File or Folder Error Msg: Not enough storage is available to process this command. I can't find an error logged anywhere, either on the server event logs or on the local machine event logs... I have searched the MS KB & Office online, but no joy yet... If anyone can help that would be great!!! R ...

Redirect Exchange 2000 IS backup to different Exchange 2003 server
I recently added an Exchange 2003 server to the same org as a 2000 server. I have dbs from the 2000 server that I need to restore to retrieve email from a user whose mailbox was moved to 2003. So I need to restore the db for that mailbox from BEFORE it was moved because when you move mailboxes you lose any deleted items that were being saved by retention policy. Is this possible? I'm using Veritas Backup Exec 10 but nothing in their support KB seems to follow this exact scenario. If it helps, the old Exch 2000 server is currently empty of users and is ready to be uninstalled. W...

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error
Does anyone know why VLOOKUP and Compare formulas don't work o information originating from a CSV file? I've tried copying an pasting values only (to leave behind any formatting), but it doesn' help. Through countless tests, I've narrowed it down to the CSV file bein the only possible cause -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi ajpowers, Just a guess but the imported data may have leading or trailing spaces or are numbers stored as text. You could use the formula =A1=D1 to see if you get a true or false, where A1 is the lookup value and D1 ia the CVS valu...

Recreating site/directory connectors on 2003?
Just got the first 2003 server up and running. We have a single domain, and two sites/admin groups. SiteA contains the current 5.5 server (ServerA) and the new 2003 server (ServerB). SiteB contains a single 5.5 server (ServerC). There is a site connector created under 5.5 between SiteA and SiteB with ServerA and ServerC as the bridgeheads in each site. There is also a directory replication connector between SiteA and SiteB, again with ServerA and ServerC as the bridgeheads in each site. The ADC is installed and working with the default mailbox/public folder CA's for both SiteA ...

ERROR: 5.1.2 or other punctuation after the recipient's email address.
I am trying to send a email to a group address I created with 58 addresses in it. When I try to send the email to this group I get the following Error: "5.1.2 or other punctuation after the recipient's email address. " I have gone back to the original contact cards and made sure the addresses were all legal. I have re-created the list, same problem I have re-booted, same thing. Any thoughts out there? Thanks Dunc My wife and I have MBP's and are both running MS Office for Mac's, Entourage 12.2.3. Both of us have messages cued up in the out boxes th...

Uninstall of mappoint has caused errors with excel
Hi, I am running Office 2003 on the terminal server (windows 2003) and had a copy of mappoint as well. This is a mapping program. We ininstalled mappoint which has caused an error message with Excel and other office products. The error says "Cd:\documents and settings\administrator.ocrdc1\application data\microsoft\addins c:\Program files\common files\microsoft shared\geography\mpoai9.dll is not a valid add-in." I then click OK and excel opens up and everything is fine. The problem is that we are using other programs as well such as Quickbooks that export to excel and t...

how do I add error bars to a 3D chart in excel?
The help states you can only add error bars to data series in 2D area. Is there a way to add them to a 3D chart? Hi, I would not have thought so. Obviously as it is not a built-in option the only way would be a work around perhaps using dummy series. Unfortunately you can create 3d combination charts. Stick with the 2d view. Cheers Andy elahe wrote: > The help states you can only add error bars to data series in 2D area. Is > there a way to add them to a 3D chart? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info I checked, and error bars are not offered for 3D ch...