Error msg when restoring backed up mails to Outlook Express

I have been trying to restore my backed up mails to
Outlook Express after recently reformatting my hard drive.
I have followed the usual instructions which is open
Outlook File>Import>Messages>Browse and then I specify the
folder all the .dbx files are in and I get an error
message saying 'No messages can be found in this folder or
another application is running that has the required
files. Please select another folder or try closing
applications that may have files open'
Any suggestions welcomed before I give myself concussion
from headbutting the computer screen.
0
anonymous (74722)

Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum.
Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office
family.
Here is the link for the right forum
Good Luck!

--
Roady [MVP]
www.sparnaaij.net
"Kathriona" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been trying to restore my backed up mails to
> Outlook Express after recently reformatting my hard drive.
> I have followed the usual instructions which is open
> Outlook File>Import>Messages>Browse and then I specify the
> folder all the .dbx files are in and I get an error
> message saying 'No messages can be found in this folder or
> another application is running that has the required
> files. Please select another folder or try closing
> applications that may have files open'
> Any suggestions welcomed before I give myself concussion
> from headbutting the computer screen.

0
Roady

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Error 550 Relaying denied

cannot open hyper links in outlook