Error "Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working."

I am runing Microsoft Office Professional 2007 on Vista Home Premium.   All
programs work perfectly (including Outlook)  except every time I close
Outlook I get the following message.

"Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working."
"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

When I click on Close Program, the error box goes away.  Other than the
error message upon closing Outlook, the program works fine.

I have run the office diagnostics and inbox repair tool to no effect.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

0
StokeFan1 (1)

Hi Stoke,

I have similar issue.

My configuration:
Office 2007 Enterprise 12.0.4518.1014
Windows Vista Enterprise 6.0 (Build 6000)

I found out when Windows Search service is enabled that this issue is there.
I have brand new profile and new outlook profile. My outlook is downloading
the email from the exchange server and then at some point crashes.
I already updates the Office 2007 with Service Pack 1.

Best regards,
Ivan Versluis