error message in outlook #5

I have XP and office 2000 on my PC.  When I attach a word
doc or an excel spreadsheet and try to open them I get an
error message that says: The system cannot find the path
specified.  This also happens with incoming emails with
attachments.  Any suggestions? Thanks,
Doug

Hi Doug,

This issue may occur under several situations. Please perform the following steps to narrow down the cause:

Disable the Anti-virus Program
=======================
First, if there is any anti-virus program or the email monitor program running in your computer, please temporarily disable it and test the issue again.

Rebuild the File Association
====================
If the issue persists, please rebuild the file association for .doc files following the steps in the KB article below.

307859.KB.EN-US HOW TO: Change File Associations in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;307859

Regards,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications
--------------------
>From: "Doug" <douglubienski@tds.net>
>Sender: "Doug" <douglubienski@tds.net>
>Subject: error message in outlook
>Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:47:07 -0700
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
>
>I have XP and office 2000 on my PC.  When I attach a word
>doc or an excel spreadsheet and try to open them I get an
>error message that says: The system cannot find the path
>specified.  This also happens with incoming emails with
>attachments.  Any suggestions? Thanks,
>Doug

0
scatki (156)

Max number of Rules in Outlook
Hi everyone: Just a simple question that may be a common curiosity: does anyone know what is the max number of rules I can set up in Outlook? I have reached about 70 rules and the I get the message that there is no further space on the server. Maybe it is just a matter of room and the number it is not a limitation? Thanks for answering. Cheers That's it indeed; you can only store up to 32KB of e-mail rules. Disabled rules don't count but you're properly better of combining some rules or see if they are still needed. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mo...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Sorting Data #5

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

Message comes as an attachment

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Outlook 2003

DNS Error on Exchange

outlook 98 corperate forms

dates #5
Is there a formula to ad a numeric value to the name of a month. I am running a query in excel (pulling from an external source) and would like to sort as teh table refreshes by month and year. I have code to to do the refresh and the sort, but it sorts in alphabetical order. I was thinking a formula could place a numeric value to the month (1 = Jan, 2 = Feb, etc) and I can sort based on that. Is there an easy formula to do this. Thanks in advance Your easy formula could be: =MATCH(A1,{"Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun"...

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

OutLook and Notes co-existing.