Error message from ActiveSync

I've suddenly started getting the following error while my WM 6.1
smartphone (HTC Touch Pro 2) is cradled via its USB cable,
referring to 'Support code 85010014'
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4019461/AS-Problem.jpg

The error only seems to arise when Outlook 2002 is not running. As far as
I know, Outlook 2002 only runs when I start it to add an occasional task
or appointment, which is all I use it for.

I used Outlook 2002 > Help > Detect & Repair, but that doesn't seem to
have solved the problem.

Can anyone help to identify and fix this please?

I've also posted in microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

"Terry Pinnell" <terrypingm@DELETEgmail.com> wrote in message
> I've suddenly started getting the following error while my WM 6.1
> smartphone (HTC Touch Pro 2) is cradled via its USB cable,
> referring to 'Support code 85010014'
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4019461/AS-Problem.jpg
>
> The error only seems to arise when Outlook 2002 is not running. As far as
> I know, Outlook 2002 only runs when I start it to add an occasional task
> or appointment, which is all I use it for.
>
> I used Outlook 2002 > Help > Detect & Repair, but that doesn't seem to
> have solved the problem.
>
> Can anyone help to identify and fix this please?
>
> I've also posted in microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync

ActiveSync uses Outlook.  Locate scanpst on your machine and run it.

HTH

John

0
John
10/27/2010 4:52:09 PM
"John Nice" <johnDOTniceATbtinternetDOTcom> wrote:

>"Terry Pinnell" <terrypingm@DELETEgmail.com> wrote in message
>> I've suddenly started getting the following error while my WM 6.1
>> smartphone (HTC Touch Pro 2) is cradled via its USB cable,
>> referring to 'Support code 85010014'
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4019461/AS-Problem.jpg
>>
>> The error only seems to arise when Outlook 2002 is not running. As far as
>> I know, Outlook 2002 only runs when I start it to add an occasional task
>> or appointment, which is all I use it for.
>>
>> I used Outlook 2002 > Help > Detect & Repair, but that doesn't seem to
>> have solved the problem.
>>
>> Can anyone help to identify and fix this please?
>>
>> I've also posted in microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync
>
>ActiveSync uses Outlook.  Locate scanpst on your machine and run it.
>
>HTH
>
>John

Thanks John, but although an experienced PC user I'm a complete Outlook
rookie. I found the program SCANPST.EXE but on running it asks for the
name  and path of the PST file I want to scan. I haven't a clue, or why I
should want to scan it anyway. Can you clarify please?

I'm also seeing this message when  I try to open AS:
"Synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to
the network and access information."

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
<snip>

">>ActiveSync uses Outlook.  Locate scanpst on your machine and run it.

>>HTH
>>
>>John
>>

> Thanks John, but although an experienced PC user I'm a complete Outlook
> rookie. I found the program SCANPST.EXE but on running it asks for the
> name  and path of the PST file I want to scan. I haven't a clue, or why I
> should want to scan it anyway. Can you clarify please?
>
> I'm also seeing this message when  I try to open AS:
> "Synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to
> the network and access information."

Not sure about the latter, but the .pst file will probably be at:

C:\documents and settings\username\local settings\application
data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst

adjust drive letter and username as required

0
John
10/28/2010 8:20:44 PM
I use Outlook 2007 and sync it to my Blackberry Storm 2.  I've found that
Outlook needs to be at least in the Systray area for ActiveSync to run
correctly.

PS: I also sync it to my ASUS PAL A639
--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Terry Pinnell" <terrypingm@DELETEgmail.com> wrote in message
> I've suddenly started getting the following error while my WM 6.1
> smartphone (HTC Touch Pro 2) is cradled via its USB cable,
> referring to 'Support code 85010014'
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4019461/AS-Problem.jpg
>
> The error only seems to arise when Outlook 2002 is not running. As far as
> I know, Outlook 2002 only runs when I start it to add an occasional task
> or appointment, which is all I use it for.
>
> I used Outlook 2002 > Help > Detect & Repair, but that doesn't seem to
> have solved the problem.
>
> Can anyone help to identify and fix this please?
>
> I've also posted in microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync
>
> --
> Terry, East Grinstead, UK

0
Engineer5094 (820)
10/28/2010 9:31:12 PM
"Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote:

>I use Outlook 2007 and sync it to my Blackberry Storm 2.  I've found that
>Outlook needs to be at least in the Systray area for ActiveSync to run
>correctly.
>
>PS: I also sync it to my ASUS PAL A639

Thanks Don. That squares with the fact that if I open Outlook 2002 that
irritating message doesn't appear. Yet this never used to be necessary.

The strange thing is that I've discovered that syncing (to my Touch Pro 2)
DOES still occur, despite the message!

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
"John Nice" <johnDOTniceATbtinternetDOTcom> wrote:

><snip>
>
>">>ActiveSync uses Outlook.  Locate scanpst on your machine and run it.
>>>
>>>HTH
>>>
>>>John
>>>

>> Thanks John, but although an experienced PC user I'm a complete Outlook
>> rookie. I found the program SCANPST.EXE but on running it asks for the
>> name  and path of the PST file I want to scan. I haven't a clue, or why I
>> should want to scan it anyway. Can you clarify please?
>>
>> I'm also seeing this message when  I try to open AS:
>> "Synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to
>> the network and access information."
>
>Not sure about the latter, but the .pst file will probably be at:
>
>C:\documents and settings\username\local settings\application
>data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst
>
>adjust drive letter and username as required

Thanks John. Duly ran it but made no difference.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

error in importing data
Sorry the error is 0x8004032d ...

Error Message #31
One of my spreadsheets will not open. I get an error message that says: Program error. what causes this and can I retrieve my spreadsheet? But other workbooks will open ok? If yes, the first thing I'd do is try to find a voluteer that could try to open it on their pc. If that didn't work, sometimes you can recover your file by opening in saving in a later version of excel. Other times, openoffice can open files that excel can't. http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD Firefli wrote: > > One of my spreadsheets will not open. I get an error message that...

GP 10 WorkFlow Error 05-27-10
Hi I am receiving an error in GP 10 WorkFlow. At the end the workflow fails with the error. "An error has occurred in the Approval Status". Would be very helpful if any lead could be provided. I googled around but no solution was specified to this error. Kindly Advise. Following is the Content of the Event Log Action: SubmitForApproval Current User LogOnName: FZE\Administrator Input parameters: <RequestObjects> <ArrayOfBusinessObjectSubmissionInformation xmlns:xsi="http:// www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www...

Test Message
13/01/2010 16:19:28 ...

Runtime Error 2001 you canceled the previous operation
Dear all Eperts I have write VBA code like this Private Sub calenstart_Click() Me.Filter = "startdate='" & calenstart.Value & "'" Me.FilterOn = True End Sub when i click on my calendar it show message error Runtime Error 2001 you canceled the previous operation I can't fix it, what something wrong. Help me Thanks The message means that the filter string is not valid. Consequently, the next operation (applying the filter) fails. Presumably startdate is the name of a date/time field. Here are some reasons why it could fail: a) you used ' inste...

Message "class not registered" opening sheet with macros Excel 97
I have created a document with Macros and is password protected. I have sent it to several people who are able to use it - the one who can't is using Excel 97 SP2. They are getting error message "class not registered" - could it be the version they are using and how do I make sure they are able to use it. This could simply be a version issue if you developed on a later version and used controls from that versions object libraries. You should always use the lowest version to develop on. If this is not the case look in the VBE on the faulty machine and check tools>ref...

Exchange 2003 SP1 Install Error
When I try to install E2003 SP1 I get the error: EventType exchangesetuperror, P1 6_5_7226_0, P2 update, P3 microsoft exchange messaging and collaboration services, P4 install, P5 e0070101, P6 _null_, P7 1, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NI The log says it cannot find a file but I can't tell which file it's looking for. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks ...

error 2147217865
I am experiencing an Error message on my second station when trying to post a transaction, usually the first or second after I open Store Operation Pos. My main data is sitting on first station. This is the error msg in Full. Error 214721865 Cannot Drop the Table # Temp Because it does not exist in System Cat Log (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server) (SQL State:40502 Native Error 3701) Select GetDate ( ) As Current Date Time I am unable to find this error on customer source Can you post cause and RESOLUTION ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micros...

Script error in IE8
When I am trying to use the general search function in Win XP sp3 (all recent updates) from the start menu, I get the following error message: An error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 38 Char: 5 Error: permission denied Code: 0 URL: http://ie.search.msn.com/sa/5_12_0_512943/srchasst.js Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes or No What could I do to correct this? "jiger" <jiger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54E2513A-6273-41CA-A429-46C1F995B995@microsoft.com... > [Subject: Script error in IE8] ...

Office assistant error...
Hi, Having an issue on a standardised platform of XP with Office 2000 (SR2) and Outlook 2003. Users experiencing an error when starting Office Assistant - "The office assistant could not be started." The recommendation is to repair the office installation. Have attempted this as well as a reinstallation of Office 2000 and Outlook 2003, all to no avail. The error is sporadic but is occuring often enough to warrant this post! Anybody out there got some suggestions? Cheers, Darren Kukulka Systems Manager Beacon Technology ...

error messages
Every time I use my email, I get an error message that I need to close and send report to microsoft. I have tried the process of eliminationg add-ons and remove third party addons . I have also ran the complete scan to locate the problem but the problem still exists. "Cottontop" <Cottontop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE8C3F3F-FD22-4D34-9A8E-48C23567FFAD@microsoft.com... > Every time I use my email, I get an error message that I need to close and > send report to microsoft. I have tried the process of eliminationg > add-ons >...

Unable to send a message, its been trying for 24hrs #2
I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the past 24hrs. it wont send. all I am able to see is "cannot open this file, Outlook has already begun transmission. It wont even let me delete the message http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, tillybird asked: | I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the | past ...

Contract
When I attempt to Invoice a Contract, I get the following error: <description>The service address of the contract is invalid.</description><details>The service address is invalid, this contract can not be set to invoice state.</details> Does anyone know what the issue/error could be? Hi Kathy, Not sure about service address, but check if the contact address and bill-to address for the contract has been set. To invoice a contract both these addresses are required. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME E...

Error in Detailed Sales Report
Dear All, Have you encountered a strange scenario wherein in your shop you have sold 1 item in that particular invoice/receipt # but when it got connected and process the WS401 and when you run the detailed report in HQ level , it was added up with some items which is not in the original shop transactions. Example.. Store A Trx # item Qty 1023 apple 2 in HQ Store Trx# Item Qty A 1023 apple 2 A 1023 orange 3 A 1023 banana 2 Which in the store A transaction, those items where not in that trasaction but somehow when it was connected and process...

Backup error Access Denied
I have been recieving the following error message for a while and can't figure out how to fix it. It is only happening on one mailbox. "Backup - \\MBMAIL\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Access denied to file Jhon Doe [jdoe]Top of Information StoreSync IssuesServer FailuresMail Delivery (failure jdoe@xyz.com)." Help Please Can you access the mailbox from a mail client? If so, you can use mdbvu to look at the Top of the Information store folder, and delete the message in there. If you cannot access the mailbox, then I have seen it where some users think they are ...

Installation of KB970430 Failed, Error 800B0100
Tried to install KB970430 automatically and manually and failed. Received error 800B0100 which took me to System Update Readiness Tool and in to an apparent circle. Using Windows Vista. jtm wrote: > Tried to install KB970430 automatically and manually and failed. Received > error 800B0100 which took me to System Update Readiness Tool and in to an > apparent circle. Using Windows Vista. Suggest you clean boot Vista and then try to run the System Update Readiness Tool (CheckSUR) again: How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in...

"cannot empyt clipboard" error
I am getting the cannot empty clipboard error after every cut/paste or drag/ drop. I'm running Windows XP & Excel 2003. Is there anything to fix this? ...

i want send these messages absolutly
Send all my messages, thanks No problem, will get them off first thing Monday. jacques;1652986 Wrote: > Send all my messages, thanks -- VistaRookie 10% of my brain lives with me. The other 90% can be found here: '*Google*' (http://www.google.com) Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com What messages? Spam messages? You will get thousands of spam messages as soon as you post your email address. The only way anyone knows however where to send messages to is if they have your email address. "jacques" <jacques@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

An error occurred while trying to promote the e-mail. Try again
I have an email that I sent using Outlook (didn't use the CRM Email option). I now want to promote the email into CRM so that we have a permanent record of the email associated wioth the contact. I open my sent items, select the email and click the 'Promote E-Mail to CRM Activity' button in SFO. I get the error "An error occurred while trying to promote the e-mail. Try again" No matter how many times I 'try again' I get the same message. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I can get the email into CRM? Cheers Graeme SFO doesn't have any...

OFXIE12029 Error
My bank sync no longer works. Nor can I epay bills. I get the following error message: An internet communication error occurred. "Please try your call again later. (OXIE12029)." I have never had this problem before. I called my bank and they believe it is a MS IE / MS Money problem. All other sync's work. Any ideas? Greg In microsoft.public.money, Greg wrote: >My bank sync no longer works. Nor can I epay bills. I get >the following error message: An internet communication >error occurred. "Please try your call again later. >(OXIE12029)." I h...

Exchange ActiveSync
Hello All, I am having a problem with Exchange ActiveSync. It has been working for about 4 months now, and nothing has really changed. I was able to sync it to my IPaq via a VPN into the network with no problems. Well, today it started with an Internet Error_2 when trying to sync. I get a n event log error saying that there is a problem in the web.config file on line 72, which happens to be the lines that Microsoft has you add via KB#823265. I have searched and searched. Anyone have any ideas?? ...

Services error
I cannot start about 3 service on my exchange server5.5 and it gives this error when trying to start the information store - 'The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service returned service specific error 4294966767' have any body experienced this and what can i do? Please see the following article: 246272 XADM: Service Specific Error 4294966767 Appears, Information Store Stops http://support.microsoft.com/?id=246272 -- Hope that helps. ------------------------- Jaclynn Hiranaka Enterprise Messaging Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Why can't I send email messages with Trial Outlook 2007?
I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day trial of Office'07. I receive email but the send/reply/compose functions are grayed out. I am certain my settings are correct. Why can't I send email? KK What happens when you use the Test Account Settings? What is the exact error message you get? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, KK asked: | I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day...

Outlook 2003 Usepecified error
Hi, I am having real problems trying to resolve an issue with outlook 2003 with Word as the e-mail editor. I am trying to forward an e-mail with about 5 pdf attachments that come to about 3mb in size, when I try to send the e-mail I get an "Unspecified error" If I turn off the word as the e-mail editor it works ok and sends the e-mail ok. I have also changed the text from html to plain text but i then get a 2nd error which I have managed to get rid of but readind the kb base article 870707. I have also tried running the detect and repair along with installing the latest s...

Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem #3
Hi can anybody help. I check with varies newsgroup but to no scucess. like for example below When you send mail to an X.400 personal address book (PAB) entry or one-off address, you may receive the following non-delivery report (NDR):... However, this one-off entryis not active in our server. ...