error message 550?

I get an error message for every e-mail i try to send
that says 550 relaying to ... prohibited by
administrator .. any suggestions?
0
anonymous (74722)

Sounds like Outlook is not properly authenticating with your mail server or
your server account is not correctly configured.  Talk to your mail server
administrator (or ISP) and see if they can straighten it out.

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

"Larry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I get an error message for every e-mail i try to send
> that says 550 relaying to ... prohibited by
> administrator .. any suggestions?

0
mvp1 (459)

Renaming Worksheet: Error message: "Reserved Name"
Hi, I'm working on a history test currently and wanted to name one of my sheets in excel "History", and I got an error message: "History is a reserved name." I'm just curious, what does that mean, and why is that? Carley (Also, I don't know why my display name is "thank you!", but it is...) Used by Tracking, High Light changes http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/highlite.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://w...

change where sent messages are saved
Is it possible to change the folder where sent messages are saved in outlook 2002? I want to make this change for all sent messages and not just set on a message by message basis using options. I know this can be done for drafts and inbox, but I can't figure it our for sent items. Thanks, -Ben ...

Connection Error Trapping
I have a probgram that works great. I connect to a Db and run querries, but I canceled from the final connection today (instead of puting in the db password, I hit CANCEL) and my code stopped. It jammed on the EXECUTE statement below. How do I either test the connection to make sure it is in tact? I will exit the sub if no connection found. Current working code: Set MyQDF = MyDB.CreateQueryDef("") MyQDF.ODBCTimeout = 800 MyQDF.Connect = "ODBC;DSN=OTHER_DB" MyQDF.ReturnsRecords = False 'Delete Curr Transactions stSQL = stSQL & "DELE...

Messages Not Received in Cache Mode
We're getting our feet wet with Outlook 2003. A user has demonstrated that after approximately 2 weeks of flawless use, Outlook 2003 stopped receiving e-mail. He could see new e-mail via the web interface, but when he used Outlook 2003, he couldn't. We turned off the Cache mode and upon doing so we found all his e-mail sitting in his inbox where it should have been all along! We turned the cache mode back on again, and it all disappeared from sight. The feature is so new and perhaps a bit mysterious, we don't know where to begin looking for an answer. I notice one poster in u...

Message icons have changed in Taskbar
Before - Opened Outlook messages displayed an "Outlook" icon in the taskbar Now - Opened Outlook messages display as "Word" icons in the taskbar Problem - the user cant tell the difference between open Outlook messages and open Word documents, they open multiple of each and quickly become confused, very annoyinig (the problem AND the user!!) Any ideas what may have caused this and how to "unwind" ? Outlook2003 latest SP and fully patched Thanks Apparently some recent patch caused it - I don't know which one, only that several people have complain...

Can not delete messages from Sent box in Outlook 2003
I am helping a friend with a computer problem. She is running Windows XP Pro. Within Outlook 2003, she is unable to delete, permanently delete, or move files from her Sent box. She receives the error "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." She has tried running her Inbox Repair Tool, as well as Scan disk. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem? Try creating a new mail profile under control panel->mail icon->show profiles. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep t...

unknown error keeps appearing when sending email
i cant send or receive emails even though other internet services work. Bummer. Details? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, rayrye asked: | i cant send or receive emails even though other internet services | work. ...

Great Plains Utilities Error on reinstall
The network administrator recently took the new development server I was using for my Great Plains migration project and swapped it with one of our aging production servers. He kept my GP databases on the new production server but uninstalled Great Plains. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of time and I keep getting this error when running GP Utilities. "An error has occurred while using the BCP utility. Please verify your ODBC settings and that BCP has been correctly installed. Great Plains Utilities will now exit." I have tested the ODBC connection and I have test...

Outlook 2003 Errors while printing
I have a few end users that get an event id 1000 when they open an email and then print using the file pulldown on that email. They still successfully print, but Outllok errors and closes. The exact error is: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 11 Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 1/21/2004 Time: 10:37:14 AM User: N/A Computer: 049-NBSACMR Description: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault address 0x00000038. For more information, see Help and Support Center...

Who wants a shot at this error?
Who wants a shot at this error? Nothing in google nothing at microsoft site... I get this error The DSRestore Filter failed to connect to local SAM server. Error returned is <id:997>. Event 1005 I get this in the application event viewer.. Not sure if this is exchange at all? Need to start somewhere. -- Thanks Hello Bryce, DSRestore's job is to synch the domain admin password with the dsrm password. The dsrestore process will run every 30 mins to verify that the passwords are in synch. If they are not, dsretore will synch them. The 1005 error indicates that dsrestore was u...

Key Violation Errors using Update Query
I have 2 Tables. Table1 has PartNumber and PartID. However, PartID is currently empty. Table2 has PartNumber and PartID (PartID is autonumber and is the primary key). In the Update Query, I have Joined the Tables using "Only include rows where the joined fields from both fields are equal." Since I am updating Table1 where the primary key is StockID, why am I getting KeyViolations by using Table2.PartID as part of the update? It seems like it wouldn't matter if Table2 primary key is PartID since I am not updating that table, only using the data inside it. ...

MainFrame message to View
Can I post a message to the CView class from the MainFrame class? I tried ::PostMessage but I can't figure out how to get the HWND of the active view? Thanks again Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- "Ron H." <rnh@mmm.com> wrote in message news:4738a988$0$7529$8d2e0cab@news.newsgroup-binaries.com... > Can I post a message to the CView class from the MainFrame class? I tried > ::PostMessage but I can't figure out how to get the HWND of t...

Phantom Unread Messages
Greetings. I am using Outlook 2002, I have all the patches and service packs installed on it, but I have a curious thing happening. My e-mail is managed by Exchange Server 2003, and when I get my e-mail I have rules that forward certain e-mails to certain folders. I get about 500 e-mails a day, so this is a necessity. Well anyway, the "curious thing" is after I have viewed all of the unread e-mail in my folders, I am still shown in the Folder List a parenthesied number, as if I missed an unread message. I go back into the folder and don't see any. I even select all the e-ma...

Missing Popup on assign error
Hello NG, today I found a strange "error" on CRM. All the time, an error occured on CRM during assign a account or another record, the error message is show in the window of this record. Is there any other error, for example on create or update, the error message will shown in a popup dialog. Is there any reason, why using aissgn another option to sho the error message? Thanks, Andre ...

Exchange Connector Install Error
When i try to install the exhange router/connector i get the follwing error after I add the server and click next. "One or more of the CRM servers is invalid or you do not have administrator priveleges on that server. Make sure all servers are running properyly and try again" I can open the MSCRM site fine in IE with this intranet URL http://mscrm. All works great there. So when i try to use that as the URL for the router install i get the above error Any ideas? thx Jami Try the FQDN http://mscrm.domain.com Nope, same error. What account/role do you need to instal...

Message unreadable
Hi all, I am currently using outlook 2003, I met a problem when I receive some mails with Chinese characters. They become unreadable on my computer. I can use outlook express to see the mails, but when I turn to outlook 2003, the mail still a mess. I am unable to find out the options to convert the unreadable code to become normal in outlook 2003, which I know in outlook express. Can anyone help me the solve this problem? A lot of thanks Michael ...

Text Messaging option (OMS)
Just to clarify, have enabled the Text Messaging option (OMS) for Outlook 2007. Scenario: If you select from GAL: 1.One bye one user, everyone gets text message, as expected. 2.If you select a group with the same people,everyone gets an email, which is not expected. Since group handling from GAL and Text Messaging not works for some reason, I try to do a workaround. Jordan Sorry, this was a comment to an earlier thread. Not a new one. Wrong posting. Jordan On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 21:45:28 +0100, Jordan wrote: >Just to clarify, have enabled the Text Messaging option (OMS...

Error Number 57121
Hi All, I have a problem with one computer that when a open one of my files on it and run the macro in it it will come up with an error message that says "Error Number 57121. Application-defined or Object-defined Error" though when I open it on another computer it works fine. The Computer that I'm having trouble with is using Office 2007 and my file was orginally made with Office 2003. The file was working on this computer until the begining of this week. Any Answers would be greatly apprieciated Jason Hi Jason, Have a look at the following site and see it...

How to Create our own Message Queue
Hai, How to Create our own Message Queue in VC++/MFC. What message queue? What exactly are you trying to do? Win32 already has this implemented and MFC uses it and provides mechanism such as ON_MESSAGE_MAP to get messages from the queue. ------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1142604478.113857.65000@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > > What exactly are you trying to do? Answer a homework question sheet it looks like. -- Tim Ward Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk Like Ajay said, this sounds like a tr...

Windows Update error 80070643
http://up.f7up.com/uploads/images/f7up-5ef7e0958b.png Open this link to see the image problem Hello Hussein, When requesting help in a newsgroup or a forum, please state your full Windows version, edition, and service pack level, IE version? and perhaps what other antivirus Security suite and firewall or antimalware software you may have installed. Please do so next time in your next reply. <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375> -=- Windows Update error 80070643 <http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/e5304fc1-9264-4d97-9c35-3c3ad167e1701...

Fixed Assets Error Message
I've just installed GP10 SP 1 945412 on a test server. Originally I only installed SmartList builder. I've just finished adding Fixed Assets, Analytical Accounting (and Grant Management) and Project Accounting. When I launch GP Utilities I get the following error message: Fixed Assets Product 309 does not support upgrading from version 6.0.0 or prior Does anyone know what this means? Thanks! Maatthias, If you run the following query against your DYNAMICS database, what is the result? select db_name, db_verMajor, db_verMinor, db_verBuild from DB_Upgrade wher PRODID = 309 B...

messages with Chinese or Korean characters
Hi, I receive several messages written with Chinese or Korean characters, but I cannot read them. How can I create a rule to delete the messages with these characters? TIA D. Cardoso ...

Why does Outlook keep sending a message that says QUIT?
Outlook will periocically send a e-mail to a large number of addresses that only has the word QUIT in the body of the message. Eventually, after about 10 of these e-mails, my service provider freezes my account for 24 hours. Any idea what is causing this to happen? A virus most likely, unless you are using some utility that sends automated mail. Are you 100% sure outlook is doing it? Are the messages in the outbox and/or sent folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.co...

Retrieve office 2000 pro outlook messages
I installed Outlook 2000 Pro unaware it was incompatible with Vista (Premium Home). I made it my default mail app and imported my messages from the ISP server (Verizon). These messages are no longer accessible through Verizon. I get the APPCRASH error in Outook (the config using workgroups dos not work either). Can I retrieve the messages that are stored in Outlook? Thank you in advance Only with another version of Outllook You could download/install an Office Trial that features outlook and connect outlook 2007 to your data file whilst you work out how to proceed in the fu...

Error 3260
I have a database that is split into front-end/back-end (x15 front-end users). I have one form, that is based off a query that is an actual look-up that will allow users to type in an account name and it will automatically link to the correct account. This has worked for YEARS. What all of a sudden started happening is that once a user is in that particular field, it comes up with an error message "Could not update; currently locked by user "admin" on machine CITRIX2". Then if you have users get out, go back in and perhaps do it over again, it will work fine th...