Error in receiving mail mode

Hello,
When I open outlook express 6, it tries to receive mail,
but after a minute the following error pops up "Your
server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.
Possible causes for this include server problems, network
problems, or a long period of inactivity.
Account: 'bruce', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol:
POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number:
0x800CCC0F".
Does anyone know what the problem could be?  Thanks in
advance,
                    Bruce

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office
family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one
of
these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress
for OE 5.5x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
for OE 6.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.internet.mail.mac
for the Macintosh version of OE
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups). The links under the newsgroup
references are for use with MS's web newsreader (not exactly the best way to
post but it works for some people)

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Bruce Calkins
asked:

| Hello,
| When I open outlook express 6, it tries to receive mail,
| but after a minute the following error pops up "Your
| server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.
| Possible causes for this include server problems, network
| problems, or a long period of inactivity.
| Account: 'bruce', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol:
| POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number:
| 0x800CCC0F".
| Does anyone know what the problem could be?  Thanks in
| advance,
|                     Bruce

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

Access97 on XP
Using a db built in in Access97 with Outlook Express was fine until we moved from Windows2k to XP. Now a simple DoCmd.Send.object on a control form return Error 2287. All I want is for the headers on the email be filled by Email,- compose the object field showing some particulars filed on the record and a simple Hello whoever in the body. This has been working fine for years but now nada. There seems to be lot of exchange on the subject but I have not found one defnitive (and easy) answer Can any1 help Merci ...

MS Money 2006 & IE7 error
Since installing IE7 b1, when I close Money 2006, it closes down but then does the dialog that an error occurred. And no matter if choose to send or not send, it reopens Money again. Luckily if you close from the logon screen, it doesn't do this cycle again. Hopefully the Money team knows about this issue. Known IE7 error. That's why you are beta testing - to find out what applications IE7 scr*ws. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.micros...

Error message in Outlook Express
My question is regarding Outlook Express (I couldn't find a separate newsgroup for it hence posting it in the Outlook newsgroup). Every time I open Outlook Express I get an error message that says "Msnmsgr has caused an error in <unkwown>. Msnmsgr will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer." I have disabled "Automatically log on to Windows Messenger" feature in the Tools-Options-General tab. What else can I do to get rid of this error message everytime I open Outlook Express? Thanks for your time. Here is the l...

during install, E2007, Error Code is 1603 (exchangeserver.msi) failed
Installing E2007 on a server to migrate from E2003, the BPA shows no issues, we get no warnings in the setup, but, when it starts to COPY FILES we get the following: Installing product C:\Exchange 2007\exchangeserver.msi failed. Fatal error during installation. Error code is 1603. Last error reported by the MSI package is 'Module D:\Exchange\Bin\ExSMime.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147010895. Contact your support personnel.'. I've copied the media to the C drive (we're installing E2007 on the "D" drive array, and run it from C or the CD/DVD, b...

Excel VB Code Error
I am trying to create a .csv file from an Excel workbook using a VB module and am wondering if someone can tell me what's wrong with the below code: Public Sub CSV2() Application.DisplayAlerts = False Sheets.Add ActiveSheet.Name = "Temp_10001" For Each ws In Worksheets If ws.Name <> "Temp_10001" Then ws.UsedRange.Copy Sheets("Temp_10001").Range("A1").Activate x = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count If x > 1 Then ActiveCell.Offset(x, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpec...

Server Error: 0x80191002
Hi. What does this error message mean? Server Error: 0x80191002 Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002 I'm on XPsp3 and using Live Mail Desktop 14.0.8089.0726. I haven't been able to synch my account from the desktop client since yesterday morning. The web interface is working fine, but that's not very convenient for me. Graeme Several sites suggest deleting the account and recreate it as an attempt to correct this issue. However, there are also many which state you must contact...

Problem after e-mail server re-start
Hi, I have the prblem for OWA users to access the Exchange server every times re-started the server, and Outlook users using IMAP connection also experience delays or hangs. The following is found in the event log Source: W3SVC Event ID: 101 The server was unable to add the virtual root '/Exchange' for the directory 'M:\speedsourcing.com\MBX' due to the following error: The system cannot find the path specified. The data is the error code. From the Internet Services Manager, paths for Exchange, ExchWeb & Exadmin are all unavailable. The first two can be manually r...

OWA SSL setup 404 page not found error
I've followed all the necessary steps (I think) to setup our webserver (iis) for SSL and OWA, but when browse to the site with the https:// address, it returns a 404 page not found error. I have the certificate installed and set the default website and the exchange virtual directory to use SSL. I also set the port number for SSL on the default site to be 443. The site prompts for the certificate install when browsing to it, but after accepting the certificate install in the browser, it brings back the file not found page. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Windows 2K S...

Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book #2
Hi all, I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders. When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is unchecked. To save me going to all workstations and checking this setting, is there some way I can set it to "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" automatically? Cheers Marty... ....ms... <martin@adg.com.au> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders. > When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail > Address Book&q...

Publishing error 02-04-05
Can login to CRM application without any issues, can login create Account, contacts no problem. We added custom fields using CRM deployment manager without any issues. Then we try and publish from Deployment manager. The step where you Click Add to select your CRM server, nothing happens and software hang.... If anyone else has a fix for this issue please help CRM is usinning on SBS 2003 box Regards, Kyaw any errors in the event logs? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Kyaw" <no@spam.net> wrote in message news:umRjtAmCFHA.3732@TK2MS...

batch importing of mailing lists to Excel
I've got a mailing list of around 1000 names, stored in both Word and Entourage like this: First Name Last Name <e-mail address> Once I’ve eliminated the < >, do I then have to individually copy & paste (or type) all the info in three Excel columns? Or is there a simpler solution for batch importing of mailing lists to the Excel spreadsheet? "bgsignal" wrote: > I've got a mailing list of around 1000 names, stored in both Word and > Entourage like this: First Name Last Name <e-mail address> > Once I’ve eliminated the < >, do I then ...

money2004 startup error
When I start the program I encounter following error: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mnyob99.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 000dc6e5 I looked at other posts and done everything from reinstalling the program to replacing the .dll files. but keeps giving the error. anyone know what I should do? TIA reinstalled again and got a different dll error AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: ofdutil.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0000ce2d please help >-----Original Message----- >When I start the program I encounter following error: > >AppName: msmone...

log in error
When I sign in to Microsoft Money (2002) I get an error "Money is unable to verify sign in. Money will now try to log you using Work Offline sign in. Some online features, such as background banking, will be unavailable because of network problems. To use these online features, please close Money and try to sign in again later." Help! Everytime I try I get the same error message. What am I doing wrong and can anyone help? ...

Error LNK2005 while building MFC application
Hi, I get following linker error several times for different methods while building a huge MFC solution: "error LNK2005: "public: virtual struct CRuntimeClass * __thiscall CObject::GetRuntimeClass(void)const " (?GetRuntimeClass@CObject@@UBEPAUCRuntimeClass@@XZ) already defined in nafxcwd.lib(objcore.obj) nafxcw.lib TerminalSideApp" How can I correct this? Thanks in advance. >I get following linker error several times for different methods while >building a huge MFC solution: > >"error LNK2005: "public: virtual struct CRuntimeClass * __t...

A SQL network connection error occurred exiting Modifier
We have a very peculiar sutiation. When we go into Modifier and exit back tp GP10, we get the following message: "A SQL network connection error occurred and your connection was cleared. This probably occurred because all available connections to the servers are in use. Please try again later." Yet when we return to GP, we have full functional GP. This happens to a PC connected to a SQL server and a PC with GP & SQL installed in the same PC. What version and edition of SQL Server are you running? Is it licensed per CAL or per processor. If you are licensed per CAL, y...

Mail Merge from Outlook Skips Records or doesn't merge at all
Outlook 2002 with Windows XP I set up a mail merge from Outlook with several contacts. The document seems fine, I can see all the recipients when I "view merged data" and in the "mail merge recipients" but when I complete the merge into a new document only 2 records are merged. When I switched to labels I received an error message "data records were empty or no record matched query". I've set the merge up "saving the contact data file to another document" and not saving it, neither worked. ...

Workflow errors
Hi, I get the following error in my event viewer when a workflow rule is executed. Condition {F9AFBC79-AAB9-DA11-9441-000D56FD8D8F} failed in step {F7AFBC79-AAB9-DA11-9441-000D56FD8D8F} of process instance {DFAFBC79-AAB9-DA11-9441-000D56FD8D8F}. Please view the paused rule in the Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.Monitor for more information about the failure. The weird thing is that i cannot find anything in the WF monitor. Apart from the error, nothing seems to happen when a rule is executed. Any ideas? Thanx ...

Error code: 0x800CCCF4
I am trying to synchronize my hotmail using outlook but it shows me the above error and I cannot receive or send out any mails. Can anyone help me? Do you have a paid Hotmail account? "Shirley" <Shirley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED34203C-DAE0-462D-8DEE-82F3B936E4ED@microsoft.com... >I am trying to synchronize my hotmail using outlook but it shows me the >above > error and I cannot receive or send out any mails. Can anyone help me? i am not sure if my account is a paid account but i paid to upgrade to hotmail Plus. Does this considered a...

cannot receive emails (error msg ox8ooCCCoF)
My email seems to be stuck. I receive the same 6 msgs and then the connection ends suddenly and I get the following msg Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'AT&T Global network client mail', Server: 'pop1.attglobal.net', protocol: POP3, Server response:'+OK',Port: 110, Secure (SSL: No, Error Number ox8xxCCCoF I know there is alot of mail backed up since this happen 2 days ago. I need help please Nisa ...

Junk Mail Filter Update
I just installed the latest Update for Outlook 2003 Junk-Email Filter (KB956077) thought Windows Update (Vista Home Premium) and now my Junk mail filter isn't working at all. What do I need to do to get it back working? Thanks I also had a problem after installing this - plus a few other updates from Windows. My problem was different - none of my Office 2003 applications would start up! To recover I used the System Restore utility ( Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | System Restore ) and restored my system to the point just before the updates were applied. Try it ...

distribution lists sending out multiple mails
Hi, This a rather odd problem. My client has a distribution list setup with about 50 members. Sometimes when he sends an e-mail through the list some of the members receive 5 of the same e-mail. This does not happen to all of the members, only some of them. And the results are not consistent with everytime he sends an e-mail through the list. Just wondering if anyone has seen this. Possibly it's a problem on the recipients end. Any ideas? I am experiencing the same problem in Outlook 2003 with messages sen from a bcc list. Did you receive any answers that might be helpful t...

Auto dialer occurs when receiving html mail
I am using OL2000 and have been having some trouble with the autodialer coming up when I just click on a message sent to me that has what I assume is HTML. The problem is that if that message is the most recent message in my inbox then when OL auto connects on its regular hourly schedule my mail delivery fails. The other problem is I don't want to auto connect to the web every time I select that particular type of message. Any suggestions? Hi Michelle, look under TOOLS | OPTIONS | MAIL SETUP send immediately when connected deaktivate under that option you have the dial up opti...

Web-based Outlook bug: Cannot open mail when the subject field ends with a . (dot) character
From web-based Outlook, you cannot open any mail with the subject field ends with "." (dot) character. Outlook web will return HTTP 404: The page cannot be found. It's URLScan doing this. See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325965 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Ken Jones" <ken888j@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bb0d99.0406161345.6e30c8f@posting.google.com... > From web-based Outlook, you cannot open any mail with the subject > field ends with "." (dot) character. > &...

Sending and Receiving
I'm experiencing a problem where in MS Outlook 2002, where when I try to send or when an email is sent to me. nothing happens untill I click on Send/Receive button or click on any of the mailbox contents/folders. I have to purge the mail to send and receive, but I have a LAN connection. I ve double checked the setting within the mail setup to see that it connects to the Exchange server. What cound cause this? goto tools-->options-->mail setup--> check out the send receive options. "TK" <TK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9F370F4-8032-4902-...

help! Error: The XML element is already in the current scope...
"The XML element 'EnableTheming' from namespace 'http://tempuri.org/' is already present in the current scope" I created a Web Service: I imported System.Data.SqlClient so I could access SQL server tables programmatically. The web service builds and deploys with no problems. When I try to add the corresponding Web Reference to the Web Site project I get the error listed below. I am able to create other Web Services on the same server and I am able to add Web Referneces to them. I have narrowed it down to the "Imports System.Data.SqlClient" statement, I thi...