Error Connecting

Using Outlook 2003 w/ Windows XP Pro, error occurs when attempting to
download an email (spam) that has no subject line or sender address. I can
download Inbox headers and delete the offending email, then continue email
download. Have seen other threads w/ similar problem, but no solution found
yet. Obviously I can work around it, but I get this type of spam 2 to 3 times
a week (sometimes 2 or 3 a day). If I download 20 emails before it hits this
snag, I either get to download them again, or go through the headers and
delete the ones I've already received. Incapacitating? - No. Annoying? -
Very. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0
markD9542 (25)

I get those mails as well but no lockups for me. Do you have third party
e-mail scan software installed? (spamfilter, virusscanner or even synch
software) See if disabling those fixes your issue.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"MarkD" <MarkD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Outlook 2003 w/ Windows XP Pro, error occurs when attempting to
> download an email (spam) that has no subject line or sender address. I can
> download Inbox headers and delete the offending email, then continue email
> download. Have seen other threads w/ similar problem, but no solution
> found
> yet. Obviously I can work around it, but I get this type of spam 2 to 3
> times
> a week (sometimes 2 or 3 a day). If I download 20 emails before it hits
> this
> snag, I either get to download them again, or go through the headers and
> delete the ones I've already received. Incapacitating? - No. Annoying? -
> Very. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
Roady
12/4/2004 9:22:18 PM
It appears that that solved my problem. I disabled the "scan incoming email"
function on my Norton AntiVirus (Ver 10.0.1.13).

Thank you very much. If only the big boys could respond with such speed and
accuracy!

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> I get those mails as well but no lockups for me. Do you have third party
> e-mail scan software installed? (spamfilter, virusscanner or even synch
> software) See if disabling those fixes your issue.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>
> -----
> "MarkD" <MarkD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Using Outlook 2003 w/ Windows XP Pro, error occurs when attempting to
> > download an email (spam) that has no subject line or sender address. I can
> > download Inbox headers and delete the offending email, then continue email
> > download. Have seen other threads w/ similar problem, but no solution
> > found
> > yet. Obviously I can work around it, but I get this type of spam 2 to 3
> > times
> > a week (sometimes 2 or 3 a day). If I download 20 emails before it hits
> > this
> > snag, I either get to download them again, or go through the headers and
> > delete the ones I've already received. Incapacitating? - No. Annoying? -
> > Very. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
markD9542 (25)
12/6/2004 1:35:01 AM
You're welcome! :-)

--

> It appears that that solved my problem. I disabled the "scan incoming
> email"
> function on my Norton AntiVirus (Ver 10.0.1.13).
>
> Thank you very much. If only the big boys could respond with such speed
> and
> accuracy!
>
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> I get those mails as well but no lockups for me. Do you have third party
>> e-mail scan software installed? (spamfilter, virusscanner or even synch
>> software) See if disabling those fixes your issue.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>>
>> -----
>> "MarkD" <MarkD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Using Outlook 2003 w/ Windows XP Pro, error occurs when attempting to
>> > download an email (spam) that has no subject line or sender address. I
>> > can
>> > download Inbox headers and delete the offending email, then continue
>> > email
>> > download. Have seen other threads w/ similar problem, but no solution
>> > found
>> > yet. Obviously I can work around it, but I get this type of spam 2 to 3
>> > times
>> > a week (sometimes 2 or 3 a day). If I download 20 emails before it hits
>> > this
>> > snag, I either get to download them again, or go through the headers
>> > and
>> > delete the ones I've already received. Incapacitating? - No.
>> > Annoying? -
>> > Very. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
Roady

Mapi Initialization Error
Good day. Installed Outlook 2003 to use as my default email. Successfully imported Vista mail contacts into Outlook. Trying to export existing Vista email messages using export command to Exchange server and get error initializing MAPI. I do have both Outlook and Vista mail running during this. Any help is appreciated. I think the problem might be that Outlook is not set as default email, but have not been able to determine this to be the problem. Going into default programs, Windows mail is shown as default email, and outlook is not even available to select as default. A...

Outlook Terminate / Debug Error
Just recently after many years of use of Outlook 2000, everytime i run it, after about a minute or so it creates an error message saying Outlook couldn't read and that to terminate or debug the application. The operating system is NT4. Thanks Kevin ...

Help with error 5 "SOFTWARE\Classes\.accdt"
Server Error: Error t Opening registry key "SOFTWARE\Classes\.accdt". This error occurs when i try and create a new site in SharePoint Designer 2007. I search it in Help and Support and found that I am Access Denied so I followed the instructions that I found in kb925898 but this has no effect. Thanks for any help! --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net --- Are you trying to run sharepoint designer on the server?!? -Cliff "jturner5569" <jturner5569@gmail.com> wrote in message news:hsjuil$17e1$1@adenine.netfront....

Custom Error Message 01-30-08
I'm trying to display a custom error message if the person misses entry in ANY of the Fields. Is there another way I can have the Error message display BEFORE the record saves and moves onto the next form ? It seems the code works up until a point. It displays what items require entry but when I click OK (on the error message to go back and fill-in the required fields) the form closes and moves onto the next form. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200801/1 Musa via AccessMonster.com wrote: >I'm trying to dis...

Report Error: The underlying connection was closed:Could not estab
I had a error message when click 'Report' in CRM. "System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship with remote server." Please advise, many thanks! Try this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916570 -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ========================================================== "CEO" <CEO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3062EC73-C0F8-45F6-9CB3-30D817600133@microsoft.com... >I had a error message when click 'Repor...

Linker error
I'm suddenly getting the linker error fooView.obj : error LNK2005: _IID_IProvideTaskPage already defined in fooDoc.ob and the same error for _CLSID_CTaskScheduler, _CLSID_CTask, _IID_ITaskScheduler and a load more related interfaces This wasn't there 2 weeks ago when I put this project aside. Now it's appeared and I don't know why. Probably something to do with a registry change that made pretty much every application on the PC think it was newly installed (Windows wanting me to take the Windows Tour, Outlook needing mailbox settings, Office showing the office assistant, WinZi...

a link error
Hi, My VC++ 6.0 compile often gives me the following link error. Do you know what happens? Thanks for any hint. Linking... Updating installation The system cannot find the path specified. Error executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe. Tony ...

Run-Time error 3021
Since Monday, I am getting an error in POS (I am running 1.3 RMS) RUNTIME error 3021. Either BOF or EOF, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record. This happens when I open POS, select NEW CUSTOMER, and then click OK. Popup asks if I want to assign a new account number, I say OK. ERROR message POS shuts down. The new customer record is actually made. So when I re-open POS to continue the order entry, I just select that customer. It is onl;y happening on my computer and not any of the others so a database problem doesn't seem likely. Just ...

outlook 2003 -> can send but cannot receive without error message
Hi, Well i have a weird problem: for no reason (it happen after a simple computer restart), i can't receive mail anymore... When i hit the "send/receive" button, there is no pop-up window nor a working status in the toolbar. If i have a mail to send it does it just well, but i have send mail to me and there is nothing to do, i don't get them. I've tried with another computer on the same connexion and the same outlook configuration and it works well. It's like the send/receive button doesn't work anymore...It doesn't work with f9 nor tools/send receive...

Recurring Calendar Appointment Error
Hey everyone, We are running Exchange 2003 w/sp2 and Outlook 2007. I have a user who has a recurring calendar apt. the covers a number of months. However, the meeting organizer deleted one ocurrence but it still shows up on his calendar. When he tries to open it he gets the following dialog box that pops up: Can't open this item. You changed one of the recurrences of this item, and this instance no longer exists. Close any open items and try again. Any ideas what I can do to fix this problem and make sure everyone on the list get this item deleted from their calen...

Error message........ #2
After a re-organisation when ever I save my excel file it throws up the message that autopublish cannot find a web address and gives some addresses of a defunct location. I know why it is happening but do not know how to stop the error messages. ...

OWA Errors (javascript?)
I have users that attempt to use OWA from home or on the road and they can log in w/no problems. However, once they are logged in, they just get javascript errors in OWA using IE. If they use Netscape or Firefox, the webpage works fine. I should note though - some IE browsers it works, some it doesn't - so I trying to narrow it down to see if it's OWA that's causing the errors or if it's browser specific. When they get errors, they can't open email messages and the log off button doesn't work. You get the yellow icon in the lower left on the status bar. I h...

ADC 8108 Error
We are getting the following error every 5 minutes on our DC. Anyone have any ideas? We have read the TechNet article Q317210 and it didn't pertain at all to our situation. We have no child domains, we're running in AD mixed mode, and all of our Exchange servers are enterprise edition. The error started occuring after our ADC server was powered down then brought back up. Event ID: 8108 Source: MSADC Category: Service Controller The initialization process failed. ...

Error: Programmatic Access is not trusted
I am revisiting an old VBScript that I wrote several years ago. It basically opens an existing Word document, then exports the macros associated with that document. This is the script: =========================== ' Get arguments into variables If WScript.Arguments.Count < 1 Then MsgBox "Too few arguments; expecting one." WScript.Quit Elseif WScript.Arguments.Count > 1 then MsgBox "Too many arguments; expecting one." WScript.Quit Else strArg1 = WScript.Arguments.Item(0) End If ' Find path for MyDocuments folder Set objShell = CreateOb...

Sending and Receiving Error #2
About 70% of the time when Outlook 2000 is initially opened an error message (0x80042108) comes up saying can't connect to POP server. If you close a few times and reopen then you connect. Very Irritating. By the way I do not have Norton installed. And it happens both at my office and home computers which both used the same Outlook disk for install. ...

Network Connections no access
trying to view network connections settings, bindings.. (little bit new to subject), but do "not" seem to have access to: control panel, network, (don't even see network link, where might find tabs: id, services, protocols, adapters, bindings) not sure if any true of some trojan or setting keeping from view, or not part of xp home (sp3), maybe some security application? or internet provider block item from view? (if relevant, have: verizon fast dsl, sbsd: spybot s&d, malware bytes anti-malware, spyware blaster..) am trying to check network/ internet se...

error message #48
I have a machine running WINXP with Office XP. It's getting "An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run setup again for the program." this happen on a couple of emails. I did a repair on officeXP, uninstall officeXP and reinstall, uninstall, delete microsoffice directory, and reinstall office. No luck. the office uninstall does not clear keys in registry. What keys should i delete? I made sure the system had the latest updates for XP and officeXP. The knowledge base only see this with office 2000, which suggest to unistall and instal...

error forwarding mail
I am having problems forwarding email when there is an attachment with it. Any suggestions?? What problems, specifically, and what version of Outlook? Scott wrote: > I am having problems forwarding email when there is an > attachment with it. Any suggestions?? it is in outlook 2000. when I try to send an email with an attachment I get an undeliverable error. This does not happen however when I send a text email. >-----Original Message----- >What problems, specifically, and what version of Outlook? > >Scott wrote: >> I am having problems forwarding email whe...

A way to view/kill connections to Exchange?
I'm seeing my Exchange server trying to communicate through our firewall on a connection that is no longer valid. It appears that Exchange won't release the connection and keeps attempting to communicate to the host which was connected through Outlook2000 and a remote access VPN. Is there a way to terminate this session on Exchange? Thank you. Does it have something to deliver to that connection? "Puzzled" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:103ac01c43f44$2983dc50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm seeing my Exchange server trying to co...

error message below
Hello! I have an HP laptop with Windows XP Pro and originally bought it for running karaoke shows! I downloaded some karaoke files off the internet and they show up as HDZIP files; and they used to play beautifully! However, now I can no longer play these particular files and get the following error message: "Unexpected error processing the ZIP file: 0x00000200 C:\DOCUME~1\Computer\LOCALS~1\Temp\auout.zzz" Please advise! Lundo55 wrote: > Hello! > > I have an HP laptop with Windows XP Pro and originally bought it for running > karaoke shows! I d...

9582 Error
Hello folks I'm running Exch 2000 on W2K server with dual-xeon cpus and 2Gb of Ram All service packs, hotfixes etc. were aplied Page file is 4Gb wich is about 10% of the hard drive Additional software installed on Exch. is Panda Antivirus and ArcServe BrightStore v9. Every hour I'm getting the following error Event Type: Erro Event Source: MSExchangeI Event Category: Performance Event ID: 958 Date: 2/11/200 Time: 5:04:22 P User: N/ Computer: Exch200 Description The virtual memory necessary to run your Exchange server is fragmented in such a wa that normal operation may begin t...

Error message opening Excel
When I open Excel I get this message: Microsoft Visual Basic Automatic Error Unspecified Error I close the message box and Excel opens okay but runs slow, especially cutting and pasting. The massage appears with any size Excel file. It also appears when I shut down Excel. No other program, Office or otherwise, gives this message. I am running Excel 2002 SP3 under Windows XP SP2. Thanks -- Ed Check out Excel troubleshooting. Specifically the stuff about Startup folders: http://www.theofficeexperts.com/excel.htm#ExcelTroubleshooting **************** Anne Troy www.piersontech.com www...

CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 connection problem.
I successfully installed CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 on my laptop with Office 2003. I can connect to the database and see the contact and lead names in the Outlook browser window but when I try to open up a record, I receive an error stating "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." The Event Viewer has the following application error MSCRM Application Error Report ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the cu...

Sync Servises Error

Hide error messages?
I have error messages in a spreadsheet that show because I have not entered data in another cell. How do I keep this from showing until I enter a value in another cell that is part of the formula? =IF(Needed_Cell = "","",Formula) -- Best Regards, Luke M "Steve A" <SteveA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:951A0D56-5C06-43BE-A39F-2D9D58309A40@microsoft.com... >I have error messages in a spreadsheet that show because I have not entered > data in another cell. How do I keep this from showing until I enter a > value ...