Error: 0x800c0131 and Deleted InBox

I have been having the following error from Outlook
Express for about 4 months and have not gotten to fix it
(This basically doesn't let me send e-mails or receive e-
mails once I am on my computer for 5 minutes. I have to
always shut down my computer and restart):

Unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP Port: 0 Secure:
No [SSL] Error: 0x800c0131

However, I just looked at the code number above
(0x800c0131) and believe I fixed the issue with the
following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
US;233264

I basically had to do the following:

1---Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or
Folders.
2---In the Named box, type folders.dbx.
3---In the Look In box, click your primary hard disk
(usually drive C), and then click Find Now.
4---Right-click the Folders.dbx file, and then click
Rename.
5---Type folders.old, and then click OK.
6---Start Outlook Express. This creates a new Folders.dbx
file automatically.

The problem is I LOST All my e-mail in my INBOX that
weren't already filed away. It was about 1500 of them, and
outlook express has done this to me on two other
occassions in the last 4 months.

Can I get these e-mails back that are missing from my
inbox? In addition, did I truly fix the problem?????

Thanks in advance

0
anonymous (74722)