Error 0x80040604: A folder by this name already exists - Outlook 2007 #2

Hi All,

About 3 weeks ago, I started getting this error message (Folder:Inbox
Synchronizing headers. 'reported error (0x80040604) : 'A folder by this name
already exists.') in Outlook 2007 when trying to sync up a couple of hotmail
accounts I have. Figuring it may have just been a random error message, I
restarted both Outlook and my machine, but to no avail, the error did not go
away. Anyone seen this message before and know how to resolve it?

Thanks,
Drew

0
blah5928 (43)

forgot to add that I do have SP1 installed for Office 2007.

"Drew W" <Blah@Blah.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> About 3 weeks ago, I started getting this error message (Folder:Inbox
> Synchronizing headers. 'reported error (0x80040604) : 'A folder by this
> name already exists.') in Outlook 2007 when trying to sync up a couple of
> hotmail accounts I have. Figuring it may have just been a random error
> message, I restarted both Outlook and my machine, but to no avail, the
> error did not go away. Anyone seen this message before and know how to
> resolve it?
>
> Thanks,
> Drew

0
blah5928 (43)
12/24/2007 6:55:38 AM
yes. i'm having the same problem as well. Now I can't check my hotmail inbox
anymore from outlook 2007. I think i should just delete the acount and then
add it back.

"Drew W" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> About 3 weeks ago, I started getting this error message (Folder:Inbox
> Synchronizing headers. 'reported error (0x80040604) : 'A folder by this name
> already exists.') in Outlook 2007 when trying to sync up a couple of hotmail
> accounts I have. Figuring it may have just been a random error message, I
> restarted both Outlook and my machine, but to no avail, the error did not go
> away. Anyone seen this message before and know how to resolve it?
>
> Thanks,
> Drew

0
hhhzzz (1)
1/3/2008 5:05:00 AM
I deleted my hotmail account from outlook and added new again...it worked.
HOWEVER, a few days later I had the same problem.  There is apparently a bug
but I don't know how to address.  I searched Microsofts web site for the
error code and they don't even show any official results.

"hhhzzz" wrote:

> yes. i'm having the same problem as well. Now I can't check my hotmail inbox
> anymore from outlook 2007. I think i should just delete the acount and then
> add it back.
>
> "Drew W" wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > About 3 weeks ago, I started getting this error message (Folder:Inbox
> > Synchronizing headers. 'reported error (0x80040604) : 'A folder by this name
> > already exists.') in Outlook 2007 when trying to sync up a couple of hotmail
> > accounts I have. Figuring it may have just been a random error message, I
> > restarted both Outlook and my machine, but to no avail, the error did not go
> > away. Anyone seen this message before and know how to resolve it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Drew

0
aasgz (1)
1/6/2008 5:10:00 PM
I have the same problem. Started a few weeks ago.  As you say, its fixable if
you delete the Hotmail account and recreate it. A while later it does it
again.

I also cant find a clue from any forum .

Hey Microsoft - can u fix it for us please??

Bazza

"aasgz" wrote:

> I deleted my hotmail account from outlook and added new again...it worked.
> HOWEVER, a few days later I had the same problem.  There is apparently a bug
> but I don't know how to address.  I searched Microsofts web site for the
> error code and they don't even show any official results.
>
> "hhhzzz" wrote:
>
> > yes. i'm having the same problem as well. Now I can't check my hotmail inbox
> > anymore from outlook 2007. I think i should just delete the acount and then
> > add it back.
> >
> > "Drew W" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > About 3 weeks ago, I started getting this error message (Folder:Inbox
> > > Synchronizing headers. 'reported error (0x80040604) : 'A folder by this name
> > > already exists.') in Outlook 2007 when trying to sync up a couple of hotmail
> > > accounts I have. Figuring it may have just been a random error message, I
> > > restarted both Outlook and my machine, but to no avail, the error did not go
> > > away. Anyone seen this message before and know how to resolve it?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Drew

0
bazza (3)
3/11/2008 9:04:04 PM
bazza <bazza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hey Microsoft - can u fix it for us please??

You'll need to open a support incident.  Microsoft people rarely read this
newsgroup and even when they do, it's not an official support channel.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
3/12/2008 11:35:01 AM
Anyone get anywhere with this?  Its very annoying to have to reinstall email
folders every few days

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> bazza <bazza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey Microsoft - can u fix it for us please??
>
> You'll need to open a support incident.  Microsoft people rarely read this
> newsgroup and even when they do, it's not an official support channel.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Lawrence (25)
5/10/2008 10:28:11 PM
On May 10, 4:28 pm, Lawrence <Lawre...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Anyone get anywhere with this?  Its very annoying to have to reinstall email
> folders every few days
>
> "Brian Tillman" wrote:
> > bazza <ba...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hey Microsoft - can u fix it for us please??
>
> > You'll need to open a support incident.  Microsoft people rarely read this
> > newsgroup and even when they do, it's not an official support channel.
> > --
> > Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Well...Microsoft has done it again...you DO need the NEW connector
with Outlook 2007...

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx

I don't really like it but If I wait ...they'll change it
again....careful what I wish for...
0
blyck1 (1)
5/14/2008 5:21:21 AM
I began receiving the error on Jun 5th. On Jun 16th I installed the Microsoft
Office Oulook connector and that appeared to correct the problem.

"blyck1@gmail.com" wrote:

> On May 10, 4:28 pm, Lawrence <Lawre...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Anyone get anywhere with this?  Its very annoying to have to reinstall email
> > folders every few days

> > > You'll need to open a support incident.  Microsoft people rarely read this
> > > newsgroup and even when they do, it's not an official support channel.
> > > --
> > > Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> Well...Microsoft has done it again...you DO need the NEW connector
> with Outlook 2007...
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx
>
> I don't really like it but If I wait ...they'll change it
> again....careful what I wish for...

0
Usr248 (1)
6/16/2008 5:50:03 PM
Usr248@hotmail.com <Usr248@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I began receiving the error on Jun 5th. On Jun 16th I installed the
> Microsoft Office Oulook connector and that appeared to correct the
> problem. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx

So far, my free Hotmail account is still working with no connector, but I
imagine that will end soon.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
6/16/2008 7:37:23 PM
I started having the same problem today. I used the link to reinstall the
outlook connector and I'm still getting the same error message. This had
happened before and I did delete my hotmail account but the problem comes
back.

Microsoft....please fix this asap.

"Drew W" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> About 3 weeks ago, I started getting this error message (Folder:Inbox
> Synchronizing headers. 'reported error (0x80040604) : 'A folder by this name
> already exists.') in Outlook 2007 when trying to sync up a couple of hotmail
> accounts I have. Figuring it may have just been a random error message, I
> restarted both Outlook and my machine, but to no avail, the error did not go
> away. Anyone seen this message before and know how to resolve it?
>
> Thanks,
> Drew

0
Lofgren (2)
1/20/2009 11:16:02 PM

"Drew W" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> About 3 weeks ago, I started getting this error message (Folder:Inbox
> Synchronizing headers. 'reported error (0x80040604) : 'A folder by this name
> already exists.') in Outlook 2007 when trying to sync up a couple of hotmail
> accounts I have. Figuring it may have just been a random error message, I
> restarted both Outlook and my machine, but to no avail, the error did not go
> away. Anyone seen this message before and know how to resolve it?
>
> Thanks,
> Drew

0
Lofgren (2)

More Columns #2

OWA issue with Public Folders
Hiya. Need help with this issue... I have a user who is trying to respond or forward any messages that's inside a public folder when she's connected from home. Only thing I can find on this is inside the WA's help menu but it's of little use. all it says is that you need to have a front-end server which we do. I have no clue what her connection at home is like (dialup ... is that still around?! or broadband). I do know that web access does work from Firefox too. Would this be a browser issue or is it something with her side of outlook web access side? We're running...

CRM address book in Outlook

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Question about different versions of Outlook/express as indicated in the X-mailer line
I've been identifying some spam based on what appears on the X-mailer line. I don't use Outlook or OE as an e-mail client. I'm focusing on spammers who construct (forge) e-mail headers to make the e-mails appear legit, which frequently means that they construct spams that appear to have been sent by Outlook or OE. For example, I'm seeing this in some recent spam: X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4922.1500 Of my entire e-mail inventory (about 60k e-mails going back to 1998 - most of it being spam) I have about 2 dozen e-mails (all of them spam) with the above X-Mail...

Linking files 2 ways

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Goal Seek #2

Error 550 Relaying denied