Envelop Icon in System Tray

Hi,

sorry if this has been asked before.

I used to have a envelope icon appear in my system tray when new email was
received via outlook.

My flatmate clicked the 'hide envelope' and now I cant find a way of
bringing it back. I have to settle with an option box appearing with the
'You have new mail would you like to read it now - with a yes or no button
to click'

Can anyone help.

Regards

Steve

0
sweeny-uk (2)

Ohayoo/Konbanwa *Steve* :-)
> sorry if this has been asked before.

Please do not xpost.
Expecially here (microsoft.public.it.office.outlook) cause this is an
Italian ng.

bye
--
Ester Memoli - Microsoft MVP - Office Systems - WORD
WORD - Come inserire uno sfondo in un documento Word

Steve <sweeny-uk@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> I used to have a envelope icon appear in my system tray when new
> email was received via outlook.
>
> My flatmate clicked the 'hide envelope' and now I cant find a way of
> bringing it back. I have to settle with an option box appearing with
> the 'You have new mail would you like to read it now - with a yes or
> no button to click'

You first have to state your version of Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman
0
> Steve <sweeny-uk@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I used to have a envelope icon appear in my system tray when new
> > email was received via outlook.
> >
> > My flatmate clicked the 'hide envelope' and now I cant find a way of
> > bringing it back. I have to settle with an option box appearing with
> > the 'You have new mail would you like to read it now - with a yes or
> > no button to click'
>
> You first have to state your version of Outlook.
> --

Outlook 2002 running on XP Home

0
sweeny-uk (2)
9/1/2004 12:08:24 AM
Steve <sweeny-uk@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Outlook 2002 running on XP Home

Tools>Options>E-mail Options>Advanced E-mail Options.  Check the "Show an
envelope icon in the notification area" box.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Icon in dialog caption
Is there any possibility to hide/remove icon in resizable dialog window(WS_THICKFRAME), please? If I try to set icon to NULL (WM_SETICON message, or SetIcon method) I get only windows default white icon and that is not what I need. WS_SYSMENU cannot be disabled, because I do not want to remove cross-button in right part of window caption. I just want resizable window but without the icon, like with dialog frame style. Thanks! "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A610A6E-810C-4DD2-AFCB-D1EBA7A1B7AD@microsoft.com... > Is there any possib...

what POLE display to buy for a new POS system?
hi, in a recent post someone toldme that serial pole is better than usb. we are going to open a new store and i wish to know what equipement (pole, drawer, printer) are the best in order to have a more reliable system.... in the current store we have problems with pole logic usb display.... thanks in advance for the advicing! Aldo, I think they all suck after I saw and setup a so-called Net Display. Add a second monitor to your system to display the receipt while also sending advertising, movies, animations, slide shows, etc. on the same monitor. Costs about $75 more than a pole displ...

Icons gone black again!
My 3rd question following my upgrade to VS2005 from VS2002: Any idea why all the icons that I load in my CImageLists have black backgrounds when using a 32bit desktop. Details: We have recently moved to using 32bit, alpha channel, XP icons and we hit a number of problems along the way. After a lot of juggling and investigating, my CImageList are created like this: int nColorDepth = CWindowDC(this).GetDeviceCaps(BITSPIXEL); m_ImageList.Create(16, 16, nColorDepth > 16 ? ILC_COLOR32 : ILC_COLOR24|ILC_MASK, 1, 1); This worked perfectly when compiled in VS2002. Icons were loaded correc...

System Attendant #6
I have a server with SBS2003 SP1 with WIN2003 SP2 and Exchange 2003 SP1. After installing WIN2003 SP1 and after a week WIN2003 SP2, almost every 24 hours I get errors: Source: MSExchangeSA Category: General Event ID: 1031 Description: One of the System Attendant's Task's is blocked. Function: CMonitorinTask:Work. Source: MSExchangeSA Category: General Event ID: 1031 Description: One of the System Attendant's Task's is blocked. Function: CPollDomainExchangeServersGroup:Work. Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Category: Topology Event ID: 2102 Description: Process MAD.Exe (PID=3816...

automatically insert system time in a cell
I have a s/sheet that needs to automatically have the system time inserted in a cell if the previous cell is blank. I have tried several things and have not had any joy. Any help offered would be welcome. You can use the select_change event on your sheet capture when a differenet cell has been selected. Keeping track of prior cell entries can be tracked with a phantom sheet to store prior values, if the prior value was null, then you can send the following command activecell.value = now http://ForPicks.com "PM" wrote: > I have a s/sheet that needs to automatically have...

Exchange 2003 System manager hangs
Hello, When I try to view the public folders using the Exchange system manager (root > Folder > Public folders), system manager takes the server utilization to 100% and stops responding. I let it run overnight to see what would happen: nothing. Set up a testserver from scratch: same problem. Searched the knowledgebase and found some articles, but the given solutions do not apply to this problem. Anybody a clue? Greetings, Simon Weel Are there any error events being logged that have anything to do with HTTP, W3SVC etc? - Genevieve -- This posting is provided "AS IS"...

How do I tell if my system is 32-bit or 64-bit? And...
How do I tell if my system is 32-bit or 64-bit? How can I tell what my computers processing is? (I don't know where to look in the control panel?). Is it possible to install a Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade and then the Windows 7 Upgrade from a Windows XP (Home Premium) system? I still hav not installed my Vista Upgrade, and may get the 7 Upgrade since boxing day is comming and the 7's are going to be on sale. Thank you. Got Google? How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system: http://supp...

Exchange System Mananger New AD Mailbox not appearing in Mailboxes
Have set up a clean Exchange 2003 install. Have ran Best Practices Analyzer Tool with no problems showing. The only Mailbox's that are showing are SMTP(Server), System Attendant and SystemMailbox. Problems: 1. I cannot get a mailbox to appear for Dick (who is a Previous Active Directory User) under Exchange System Manager Mailboxes. 2. I cannot get a mailbox to appear for (Any New Active Directory User) under Exchange System Manager Mailboxes. I have made a list of names and numeric ip addresses of my present Windows 2003 Enterprise Domain Controller and Exchange 2003 setup. Qu...

How do I run outlook for the first time, to get the mail icon?
I want to set up multiple email accounts. Help menu indicates start - control panel - user accounts - mail, with a note that the mail icon will only appear after program is run first time. Basically, how do I get to see the mail icon? The mail icon should be in the control panel as soon as outlook is installed but you can go to the outlook shortcut on the Start menu, All programs, Microsoft Office to run outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips...

Tip on Adding Office 2008 Icon to the Dock
One of the first things I did after installing Office 2008 was to poof away the various Office 2008 icons from the dock. I like being able to access the Office applications from the dock - just did not care for the clutter. I replaced the icons with the Microsoft Office 2008 folder by dragging it from the Applications folder to the dock. This works great but you wind up with generic looking Leopard folder icon on the dock. The following is how to add the Office 2008 icon to the dock. First, open your Microsoft Office 2008 folder and create a new folder named /Office 2008 Icon. It ...

System Mailbox Account is missing.
Exchange 2003 Sp2 on fully patched win2k3 sp1 server. In a mixed mode single site /org exchange org with 3 front end exchange 2003 servers, 9 back end servers and 1 owa server and 10 exchange 5.5 servers. The System mailbox AD account on some of the store's is being deleted. I've found KB article 316622 about how to recreate it but this has happend before about 3 weeks ago. The KB article does not go into a cause, other than saying that its corroupt or missing....does anyone know what is causing this? tiny... One thing forgot to mention there are 3 storage group's with ...

Envelopes in Word 2007
When I try to import an address form Outlook contacts into a Word document to address an envelope word shuts down then restarts. I use windows 7 and office 2007. my brother has the same problem with his system running windows vista with office 2007 -- Stephen This is a common problem, but it should not occur if you have Outlook open first. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>&...

Envelope Printing
I created a card in publisher but cannot find an envelope to put it in. Is there a program that can print fold marks for a 5.5 x 4.25 card. If not, how can one effectively suggest that this feature be included in Publisher? FYI, most any Office Supply stores have envelopes the size you want. They are made especially for computer 8�"x11" (folded) cards. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ECA654F-A727-4968-8D60-C5B6F687A989@microsoft.com... >I created a card in publis...

Icons For Macro's
Is there any web site I can go to get fancy command buttons for macro buttons. I've created a new custom command macro but all I can use is the 'smiley face' :( Specifically I'm looking for some calendar / sheet image Thanks Hi If you go to View / Toolbars / Customize you can then right-click on the button and Copy / Paste an image or select a different one. -- Andy. "John" <johndoconnor@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:smrhc.5164$qP2.12818@news.indigo.ie... > Is there any web site I can go to get fancy command buttons for macro > buttons. I'...

After removing accounts in Server Management, Exch System Manager still shows accounts.
This is SBS 2003 Premium. I needed to remove two accounts. I did it in Server Managment -> Users. Right click and Remove User. However, they still show up in the Exchange System Manager. When I click on them it says: No Properties are available on this object. So...never having done this before: Purge? And I am assuming Purging does not affect anything else... Thanks On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:43:03 -0500, "Purtech" <mikek(remove)@hlit.net> wrote: >This is SBS 2003 Premium. > >I needed to remove two accounts. I did it in Server Managment -> Users. >Rig...

Outlook 2000 System Information tries to access Address Book
Hi All, Has anyone come across this, and if so, any suggestions? When some of our users try to look at their System Information in Oulook 2000 (Help/About/System Info/Outlook/Summary), Outlook pops up the Address Book access warning ( A program is trying to access e-mail addresses... Allow access for X minutes, etc.). I've not seen this before and hope someone can help. Thanks From Our good friends at www.slipstick.com we find the following: The "object model guard" feature of the patch imposes two extreme restrictions on automating Outlook from add-ins that use CDO:...

insert a PDF file as a display icon from Word 2000
Hi, I am attempting to insert a PDF document file as a display icon from Word 2000. I've tried to insert as an object but the file does not show as a PDF. Please let me know if there is another method to doing this. Please help! Thanks! ...

This system is configured to reject spoofed sender addresses
Just started getting this at a customers site. They have about 10 exchange servers and last week one site started doing the below when a user sends a mail and now a second site is doing the same. both servers started this after a reboot. You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <MAILSERVE #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 This system is configured to reject spoofed sender addresses> any ideas people? hoj...@googlemail.com wrote: > Just started getting this at a customers site. > > They have about 10 exchang...

Outlook in System Tray Possible?
There is a tiny tool which move OE to the system tray,(Hide OE) removing it from the task bar and providing notification when mail arrives. Is there any similar tool for Outlook? TIA which version of outlook? 2002 and 2003 support min to tray, other versions need a tray utility. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Axel" <Axel@sunset.com> wrote in message...

More evidence that the system doesn't always roll back errors
Your honor, I present Exhibit B in the case of The People vs. Microsoft Dynamics GP, regarding how the system does not always recover from errors properly... While posting a cash receipts batch yesterday, one of our A/R people got an error message that something went awry (unfortunately he can't remember the exact text) and the message said to run batch recovery. He did so, and it appeared to him that the posting went OK. However, this morning we noticed that apparently the system didn't fully recover what had occurred prior to the error. Although it appears the Receivables pay...

Printing Envelopes in word98/OS9 causes error
I have a user which is the only one who recieves this error yet everyone else does not who performs the same task but not as often. When she prints a envelope via the wizard she sometimes receives the error "An error has occured while printing" she hits ok. And then from that day on she and only she cant print envelopes to that document. I have walked her through sitting right next to her, printing an envelope and notice nothing that she isnt doing that i am, or anything extra for that matter, ive removed office98 and the problem leaves sometimes for a month sometimes doesnt effect ...

change an icon
I'm using XP Home. When saving an email in 'Message format' within one of my files, the envelope icon is too similar to the standard folder icon. Can I change the Outlook envelope icon for something else - what choices do I have and how can I do it so that the new icon becomes the default icon? > I'm using XP Home. When saving an email in 'Message format' within > one of my files, the envelope icon is too similar to the standard folder > icon. Can I change the Outlook envelope icon for something else - > what choices do I have and how can I do it so...

Visual Basic System Error-Userform
When attempting the use a userForm I receive the following error: System Error &H80070057(-2147024809). The Parameter is incorrect I also receive this error when I attempt to insert a new user Form. The code of the Form should be correct as I have used it in the past. The only programs that I have installed recently are the normal window updates including the new version of Windows Media player. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Problem solved by using the office install/repair. "GENEF" wrote: > When attempting the use a userForm I receive the following ...

? Resetting CListCtrl color [flag] to (default) system color scheme
Hi, I've got an odd little problem that I can't seem to find any information on. For simplicity's sake, lets say I've got just an MFC dialog app with 4 controls: a CListCtrl, a checkbox, and two buttons. One button is "Apply" which does what it's name suggests and the other ("Color") pops up a CColorDialog to get a color from the user. I want the user to be able to select the color of the [text of the] CListCtrl, but I also want it to use the default system colors (from the color scheme) when not specifically set. Here's the sit...

Outlook 2003 minimize to sys tray problems
For any of you out there that run Outlook 2003, when you min to sys tray, and then you try to double click to maximize it, does it ever act as though you only did a single click? This happens to me very often. I did change my mouse and this is a brand new computer. Every other USB device works fine. HELP! ...