Enter Network Password dialog box

Since we upgraded to Office 2000, I receive the "Enter
Network Password" dialog box every time email is
received.  The server, user name, and password are all
filled in.  I have the option to OK or Cancel.  Selecting
either will close the dialog box and bring up the
Microsoft Outlook new mail has arrived notification.

How can I get the "Enter Network Password" dialog box to
go away?  If numerous emails come in, the dialog box pops
up for each one.

Chris Bauer
0
clbauer (1)

Vlookup combo box troubles
I ahve no idea what it is called but will try to explain. I have a vloolup table on one sheet and another with combo dropdown lists used in excel 2003 on my pc at home and on my work pc that when an item is required for selection or entry using the combo drop down boxes, the initial letters of the product entered are searched on by those characters. However, when this excel file is sent to other users, it works on some pcs at work and not others. The combo drop down box will not open up (when i double click the cell to search by characters entered from the vlkup) but only the list box ...

Restricting Entering GL Accounts on the Fly from AP
We would like to restrict the ability to enter new GL accounts on the Fly during transaction entry in Accounts Payable but are unsure how to accomplish. -- Thomas J. Browne Chief Financial Officer Bellefairejcb.org Using security (Advanced of regular), if you remove access to the Financial Account Maintenance screen from the AP clerks ID, they shouln not be able to actually create a new account. When they put in an account number that does not exist, it will ask them to add, and when then click Yes, theu should get an access denied security message. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "...

Auto Add formated Row on Enter key
I'm trying to do a sales report that has a solid continuous border and a dotted interior. When i get to the last formatted row within the borders(columns A-G, rows 9-50) and i press enter in row 50 column G i want it to add another row that pushes the solid continuous border down to row 51 and does the dotted interior. Can anyone provide insight or code? ...

Text box line colours
Using publisher 2003 I have several pages which contain many text boxes, the outlines in all of these are green, is there a way to change the outline colour to black en masse without having to go through each page and each text box individually? thanks Select a text box, change the colour to black, while the text box is selected double-click the painter tool, click each text box. It isn't en masse, but it is quicker. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "SS" <nonense50@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:aED3m.65058$ZB1.3740@newsfe11.ams2... > Using pu...

What is the advantage of using a "Chart Title" object over just another text box?
It kind of drives me nuts that I can't expand the box that the chart title is in, which is a trick I use sometimes to make sure text in a text box is centered precisely (center alignment, text box expanded horizontally to the width of the chart). Is it easier to access programatically, or where is the percentage here? Additionally, I note that while you can use nudge (and other drawing functions) on a text box, you cannot do this on a chart title. On Feb 23, 12:18 pm, "Taylor" <taylor.bry...@gmail.com> wrote: > It kind of drives me nuts that I can't expand the b...

Proper way to enter a sale of a house
Hi, We just sold and bought another house. I'll deal with the first issue. How do I properly book the selling of this house in money and close the old mortgage? Thanks, Bob Lyons ...

Jpegs printing as black boxes
Sometimes when I insert our logo (a jpeg file) into publisher, it prints as a black box. I can't figure out why or how to get around it. Any suggestions? ...

Admin password to Individual protected worksheets by users
I have an excel workbook where each individual sheet is protected by unique user. I want to add a admin id & password to this workbook so that the admin can access all sheets at the same time. (unprotect, unhide all sheets). The code I m currently using comes from here: http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages/T0087_Protecting_Individual_Worksheets_by_User.html I'd be inclined to store the individual user names and passwords in another sheet in the workbook. If you make this "very hidden" then users will not be able to see it or unhide it without knowing the password for t...

'ENTER' key problem in edit box #2
I have created a dialog box,in that I have a child dialog box (style control=1 to solve the tab order prob between main dlg and child dlg). In the child dlg, I have an edit box(style wantreturn=set) and a list box. When the 'ENTER' key is pressed in the edit box,I have to take the editbox value to listbox. If the 'ENTER' key is pressed, it's calling the OnOK function of main dlg(it is correct only). But i cant able to validate everything there. If I set the control style value back to 0, now it is calling the OnOK function of child dlg and the validation is perfect. but...

Pre
Hi All, Here's a tricky one, Is it possible to create a combo box type control within Excel that can pre - empt your selection, ie. it auto completes your entry as you type ? Thanks, Neil There is a combobox on the control toolbox toolbar that can be set this way. Right click on that combobox and choose properties. You'll want to change the style to: fmstyledropdownlist and change the matchentry to: fmmatchentrycomplete As well as setting linkedcell and listfillrange properties. Neil wrote: > > Hi All, > > Here's a tricky one, > > Is it possible to...

document in xls and cannot open without a password. How to open?
I received a document that I cannot open without a password. Do I use the password I just established? No, you use the password that the creator of the document/workbook put on it. They will provide that password to you if they want you to open the file. liha wrote: > I received a document that I cannot open without a password. Do I use the > password I just established? You must use the password that the sender used when sender saved the workbook. BTW..........how and where did you "just establish" a password? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu,...

Data Sheet to Text Box
Using Excel 2003. Have a user who has a workbook with sheet 1 being the datasheet and then multiple sheets behind it each containing a chart. Within some of these worksheets, he has a textbox into which he would like information from the datasheet to show. Can this be done and, if so, how? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi, You can link chart titles and autoshape textboxes to cells. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm To add a textbox, in xl2003, you can select the chart and then just type some text. The textbox will be automatically inserted. You can then link it to a...

Password changes in Outlook
OK we have an NT 4.0 domain and users access all apps through Citrix. Outlook is in an AD forest. No trust is or can be setup between the 2. SO when A user launches outlook they get prompt for username, password and domain. Now there is a password policy where all password expire every 42 days. Since the users are never logging into the doamin just authenicating for Outlook you never see the warning message that your password wil expire in X days. It just expires on you. Anyone know of a way to either get this popup or have Outlook display this info like how you see it in OWA ...

Programatically check whether pst file is password protected or not?
Hi. I want to programatically check whether pst (Personal fodler) file is password protected or not? Is there is any way to do that? I know of no way to do that other than trying to open it, which would display a prompt to enter a password. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "ashwin" <ashwinsancheti@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1167819317.924593.199910@a3g2000cwd.googlegroups.com.....

Novice Question 2
Hi folks, Well, now that I have completed my little Dialog program in MFC and it is up and running I would now like to change it so that it has some nice graphic elements. Ideally i would like a graphic background and some nice custom made graphic buttons. So now I am at the stage where I am asking myself, should my new app be a Dialog one again, or should I use SDI? The Dialog one does everything I need but I'm not sure if I can put graphical elements like bitmap buttons in my dialog app? Also, I would like to get my head around the Document View Architecture so I'm thinking t...

Enter/Match Invoices #3
Here is the problem we are facing. We have a Purchase Order that has been received. We received the invoice from the Vendor. We go into enter/match invoices to match the Purchase Order with the Invoice. However, when we look up the Purchase Order it says all items have been received and invoiced. This is not true though. When you look up the Purchase Order in Inquiry it shows the PO and the receiver but no invoice. Which means to me that it has not been invoiced matched yet, and I know it has not. How come the system thinks it has been? Was the PO closed? Closed POs are remov...

Define name box size too small for viewing large formulas
Hi, When we create a new name using insert and define name then if the formula is long it becomes difficult to view the whole formula. Also one is not able to use navigation buttons left,right here as if we do that then the formula gets modified. is there any way to see the whole formula. Like for creating ever expanding validation list using Debra's technique one uses offset etc but one is not able to view the whole big formula. Please guide me. Regards, Hari India Hi try hitting F2 while in this text box. After this you should be able to navigate within this box. -- Regards Frank ...

MS Windows Network won't find "Workgroup
At times on this Win XP Pro machine, MS Windows Network won't find "Workgroup" or it finds it after a very long delay and then can't see the other computers. The other computers can generally see this Win XP Pro machine and all our shared arrnagements work fine - 90% of the time. But when the Win XP machine's Windows Network function is playing up those other machines can see each other but not the Win XP machine. Does anyone know what might be causing this... note I have shutdown my Zonealarm firewall and restarted my XP machine to ensure this is not a...

Microsoft Money bug when entering tax payment
I don't know where to report Microsoft Money bugs so I'll post it here in case anyone from Microsoft reads it. When you enter a tax payment into Microsoft Money it asks you what tax year to apply the payment to. I like to enter checks into Money when I write them so that I can always know how much money to keep in the account but since the check hasn't cleared yet I don't enter the date. Microsoft Money then doesn't know which tax years to display so it displays two random numbers instead. This bug has been there since I starting using Money in 2002. In microsoft.public.mo...

Enter the matrix. Fast.
Hello, I'm working on a processor-intensive application that does a lot of matrix multiplications (read : really a WHOLE lot). To increase efficiency, it would be good to access SIMD instructions. I see Mono can use SIMD instructions, but I really need to use .NET to do the work. I've searched quite a lot and apparently there's no easy nor stable way to do this. Stumbled upon a dead project called .NETAsm, unfortunately broken by 3.5SP1 and SlimGen, but it's in a very early stage. I've tried calling unmanaged code that uses SIMD , but it's even slowe...

Combo box and password protection
I have a spreadsheet that has a combo box on it. The box has 11 selections and when I try to make a selection I get a message that the spreadsheet is protected. Can someone tell me how to use the combo box and also have the spreadsheet protected. Thanks to All DLS dlslv@cox.net Unlock the cell that is linked to the combobox. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy DLS <dlslv@cox.net> wrote in message news:e4d324b0.0310121454.2db01592@posting.google.com... > I have a spreadsheet that has a combo box on it. The box has 11 > selections and when I try to make a selection I get a message that the >...

Linking to a Password Protected Document in Excel 2000
I have a document that is password protected. I also have a file that references the protected files for many of the its formulas. Each time I open the file and update the links I am prompted multiple times (once for each cell reference to the protected file) for the password. Is there any setting so that a user is only prompted once for the password to a reference file that is protected? I know that one option is just to copy the tabs from my referencing file into the protected file, but it would be nice to keep the documents separate. Thanks, Andrew One option might be to disable th...

Dialog Size
Hi quick question i have an application that has a few dialogs. I have changed the size of a couple of the dialogs but want to make them all the same size for consistency. How can i find out the size of each dialog so that i can resize appropriately Cheer Zebb I think that CWnd::GetWindowRect is your function... This code on the CDialog derived class will give you the dialog size on run time: CRect rc; GetWindowRect(rc); rc.NormalizeRect(); int nWidth = rc.Width(); int nHeght = rc.Height(); int nX = rc.TopLeft().x; int nY = rc.TopLeft().y; If you just want to know your dialog sizes on des...

Protect Workbook in 2003 changes to password to open in 2007
I created a workbook in Excel 2003 and protected the workbook with a password. When the user saves the file as Excel 2007 I can no longer open the file in Excel 2003 without entering the password. Is there a programming difference between Excel 2003 and 2007 that I need to take into account to stop this from happening? Thanks ...

Results on Combo Box selection or last update
I have a database that tracks all active programs and their funding status, which is suppose to be reported every two weeks. I have a query that is dependent upon a report date selection in Combo0 which works perfectly but now I need the query to pull those reports that not only match the date selection in the combo box but list the latest record for those that did not have input to match that datereport So in my query I have the below statement under the criteria of the datereport field and that works great to capture the selected date from the combo box. [Forms]![frmRptQuery]![Co...