Embedded Pictures received from Others do not display in outlook.

I recently switched to Outlook from Outlook Express.  When e-mails are
received with embedded pictures, they display properly in Outlook Express but
do not display at all in Outlook.

Is this related to a security setting in Outlook that I can change to allow
these pictures to be displayed?

PLEASE HELP!!!!
0
Jim8980 (510)

Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I recently switched to Outlook from Outlook Express.  When e-mails are
> received with embedded pictures, they display properly in Outlook
> Express but do not display at all in Outlook.
>
> Is this related to a security setting in Outlook that I can change to
> allow these pictures to be displayed?

Outlook will always show attachments as attachments.  If your recipients
want you to see images within the message, they'll have to embed them.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16051)
4/24/2008 5:48:02 PM
Hi Biran,

Thank You for your response.

I'm not sure I understand.  If a picture is viewable in Outlook Express on a
note that was forwarded from someone but not viewable in Outlook, is the
problem security setting related or is it related to the fact that Outlook
does not allow the viewing of these pictures?  The picture was not attached
but was "IN" the e-mail body.

I've never had an issue before and I'm beginning to think that Outlook is
not the direction I want to go with my e-mail program.

Jim

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I recently switched to Outlook from Outlook Express.  When e-mails are
> > received with embedded pictures, they display properly in Outlook
> > Express but do not display at all in Outlook.
> >
> > Is this related to a security setting in Outlook that I can change to
> > allow these pictures to be displayed?
>
> Outlook will always show attachments as attachments.  If your recipients
> want you to see images within the message, they'll have to embed them.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Jim8980 (510)
4/24/2008 6:22:04 PM
Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand.  If a picture is viewable in Outlook
> Express on a note that was forwarded from someone but not viewable in
> Outlook, is the problem security setting related or is it related to
> the fact that Outlook does not allow the viewing of these pictures?

The latter.

> The picture was not attached but was "IN" the e-mail body.

No, it was attached.  Had it been embedded, you would have seen it in the
body.

> I've never had an issue before and I'm beginning to think that
> Outlook is not the direction I want to go with my e-mail program.

Outlook and Outlook Express are unrelated, despite the similarity in their
names.  The do not have the same behavior in many area.  If you do not need
calendaring, task management, the ability to store notes to yourself, or the
ability to send the same message to a number of people, one person at a
time, then Outlook Express may be all you need.  What was your reason for
switching in the first place?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16051)
4/25/2008 11:45:35 AM
I switched because of an e-mail I recevied from MicroSoft advising me of a
change in Outlook Express that would cause issues with how Hot Mail accounts
were interacting with Outlook Express.  Also, I thought it would kind of cool
to begin using the calendaring functions within Outlook.  Do you know
anything about the below note from Microsoft and if there are other work
arounds available?  Live Mail is not available to me as my broad band
relationship is "MSN with Verizon".  I did not want to get caught with no
e-mail as of June 30th...

Once again - I really appreciate your responses.

Jim

I pasted some of the note below:

Dear Microsoft Outlook Express customer,

Thank you for using Microsoft® Outlook® Express. Our information indicates
that you use Outlook Express to access a Windows Live™ Hotmail® e-mail
account via a protocol called DAV (Distributed Authoring and Versioning
protocol). DAV, like POP3 or IMAP, is the way that a mail client communicates
with a web-based mail server.

As a valued customer, we want to provide advanced notice that as of June 30,
2008, Microsoft is disabling the DAV protocol and you will no longer be able
to access your Hotmail Inbox via Outlook Express. As an alternative, we
recommend that you download Windows Live Mail, a free desktop e-mail client
that has the familiarity of Outlook Express and much more. This next
generation of free e-mail software will allow you to easily manage multiple
e-mail accounts—including Windows Live Hotmail, plus other e-mail accounts
that support POP3/IMAP. Better yet, Windows Live Mail integrates well with
other Windows Live services, and downloads in minutes. After you provide your
user name and password, you will automatically be linked to your Hotmail
account, providing continued access to your email and contacts.

We encourage you to download Windows Live Mail at
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure I understand.  If a picture is viewable in Outlook
> > Express on a note that was forwarded from someone but not viewable in
> > Outlook, is the problem security setting related or is it related to
> > the fact that Outlook does not allow the viewing of these pictures?
>
> The latter.
>
> > The picture was not attached but was "IN" the e-mail body.
>
> No, it was attached.  Had it been embedded, you would have seen it in the
> body.
>
> > I've never had an issue before and I'm beginning to think that
> > Outlook is not the direction I want to go with my e-mail program.
>
> Outlook and Outlook Express are unrelated, despite the similarity in their
> names.  The do not have the same behavior in many area.  If you do not need
> calendaring, task management, the ability to store notes to yourself, or the
> ability to send the same message to a number of people, one person at a
> time, then Outlook Express may be all you need.  What was your reason for
> switching in the first place?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Jim8980 (510)
4/25/2008 6:27:01 PM
Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I switched because of an e-mail I recevied from MicroSoft advising me
> of a change in Outlook Express that would cause issues with how Hot
> Mail accounts were interacting with Outlook Express.  Also, I thought
> it would kind of cool to begin using the calendaring functions within
> Outlook.  Do you know anything about the below note from Microsoft
> and if there are other work arounds available?  Live Mail is not
> available to me as my broad band relationship is "MSN with Verizon".
> I did not want to get caught with no e-mail as of June 30th...

If your MSN account an HTTP account or a POP account?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

I was successful in downloading and installing Windows Live Mail.  This
e-mail system is very similar to Outlook Express.  It appears to have
resolved all of my issues.  The only thing is that it can not provide
calendar functions like Outlook.  However, I think it is the best alternative
for me.

Thank You once again for your responses and assistance.

Jim

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I switched because of an e-mail I recevied from MicroSoft advising me
> > of a change in Outlook Express that would cause issues with how Hot
> > Mail accounts were interacting with Outlook Express.  Also, I thought
> > it would kind of cool to begin using the calendaring functions within
> > Outlook.  Do you know anything about the below note from Microsoft
> > and if there are other work arounds available?  Live Mail is not
> > available to me as my broad band relationship is "MSN with Verizon".
> > I did not want to get caught with no e-mail as of June 30th...
>
> If your MSN account an HTTP account or a POP account?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Jim8980 (510)
4/29/2008 4:15:00 PM
Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I was successful in downloading and installing Windows Live Mail.
> This e-mail system is very similar to Outlook Express.  It appears to
> have resolved all of my issues.  The only thing is that it can not
> provide calendar functions like Outlook.  However, I think it is the
> best alternative for me.

There are numerous calendaring tools that will run on XP.  Here's one:
http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16051)
4/29/2008 6:24:15 PM
I am having a similar problem. I have two computers in my office - both use
Outlook as the email program. I use Office 2007 and the other uses Office
2003.  When email messages containing imbedded pictures or graphis are
forwarded to me from the other computer, the graphics will not display, or
alternatively pictures are blocked.

This also occurs frequently when receiving embedded graphic from outside
senders.

I want to upgrade my colleague's computer to Outlook 2007 but she insists
she will work somewhere else if I do. She does not want the same problem I
have.

Can you explain why Outlook 2007 filters some things out and what I can do
about it?

Thanks

"Jim" wrote:

> I recently switched to Outlook from Outlook Express.  When e-mails are
> received with embedded pictures, they display properly in Outlook Express but
> do not display at all in Outlook.
>
> Is this related to a security setting in Outlook that I can change to allow
> these pictures to be displayed?
>
> PLEASE HELP!!!!
0
BigBeaver (1)

Window panes in Outlook 2003
Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a preview pane for the selected e-mail, evidently. I can find no way to eliminate the window pane. Is there a way to remove this pane? How? I've tried every VIEW combination with no success. View > Reading Pane > Off doesn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C953EF40-873E-4A04-93A8-FE101A547D0D@microsoft.com... > Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a > preview pane for the selected e-m...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Excel 2007

Hdtv Receiver Tuner
Channel Master CM-7000 Digital to Analog TV Converter Box Price:$59.95 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000XQTDR2 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000XQTDR2 Elgato Systems 10020974 EyeTV Hybrid TV Tuner Stick for Analog, HDTV and FM Radio Reception Price:$149.95 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001QCYHXM Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001QCYHXM Hauppauge 1192 WinTV HVR-1950 External USB HDTV Tuner/Video Recorder Price:$149.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B00198MYB0 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?...

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

cant start outlook pst file to large

displaying colors in an mfc application
Hi everyone, I'm working on an MFC application. The application is a treeview in which are represented some objects (persons, roles....). I have declared some bitmaps in the visual project to represent these objects. My problem is that some colors of the bitmaps are not displayed. I guess there is a palette problem or something like that. Does anybody have an idea of what the problem is? Thanks a lot for your help.... Fred Try using ILC_COLOR24 | ILC_MASK when you create your imagelist. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "fred" <fred@laposte.net> wrot...

Outlook 2003

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Displaying property menu at runtime
Hello, Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so that the user may interact with the control? In my case, I'm speaking about the MsChart control which has a property menu at the design phase (when picking "properties" after right clicking on the control) Thanks Avi "avi" <aviben@bezeqint.net.il> wrote in message news:e2fc8178-471a-48b1-9671-fc81ca23c912@l14g2000yql.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so > that the user may interact with the control? > ...

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Embedded Chart Versus Chart
I've created a class module to capture a Shift+Click on a pivot chart, which then opens the data associated with that point. It works great on pivot charts on their own sheet, but when I use the same code on an embedded chart, it fails (error code -2147417848). Everything seems to work fine, it derives the same row and column values as needed, but the ShowDetail property is unavailable in the embedded charts. Anyone have any insight? james Igoe || james.igoe@gmail.com || http://code.comparative-advantage.com I eventually solved my problem, simply using "On Error Resume Next&...

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Outlook Express 6 w/multiple accounts

Slow receive via VPN
I'm using Outlook 2000 in Exchange mode via VPN over DSL. Everything works great except when someone sends mail with an attachment. Even a small attachment like a 150k Word doc locks up Outlook for about 45 seconds. If I have Outlook closed and open it to find the same attachment no problem. Only when Outlook is currently open and is receiving it is there a problem. I thought the mail was stored on the server and was only retrieved when requested. Why would it freeze only during receive? After Outlook starts working again I can retrieve the email in a couple of seconds. BTW, I have ...

outlook 98 corperate forms

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book