embedded pictures in emails

I often receive emails with pictures embedded (not attachments)  . the
pictures are meant to have moving objects such as cars, people etc when you
open the email, however when I open the email in Outlook 07 (vista), my
pictures are still.  Could this be my settings ??????
--
Mars
0

Mars <mars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I often receive emails with pictures embedded (not attachments)  . the
> pictures are meant to have moving objects such as cars, people etc
> when you open the email, however when I open the email in Outlook 07
> (vista), my pictures are still.  Could this be my settings ??????

Outlook 2007 does not allow animation.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

> I often receive emails with pictures embedded (not attachments)  . the
> pictures are meant to have moving objects such as cars, people etc when you
> open the email, however when I open the email in Outlook 07 (vista), my
> pictures are still.  Could this be my settings ??????

You have to open the picture in whatever viewer is assigned to that
filetype to see the animation.
0
V4521 (722)
5/27/2008 6:01:09 PM
See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/openinbrowser.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Mars" <mars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I often receive emails with pictures embedded (not attachments)  . the
> pictures are meant to have moving objects such as cars, people etc when
> you
> open the email, however when I open the email in Outlook 07 (vista), my
> pictures are still.  Could this be my settings ??????
> --
> Mars

0
Roady

Re: Deleting Emails From Deleted Folder On Exit
Hi Has anyone any idea why in outlook express on a windows xp machine wil not delete the deleted items on exit. i have already ticked the box under maintenance and it still wont d it. Tried looking all over for a reason why this doesnt do it but canno find anywhere. Thanks In Advance for any Hel - dune201 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message546027.htm dune2010 <dune2010.14f2ow@mail.mcse.ms> wrote: &...

email spoofed by local user (April Fools)
Recently (on April fools day) one of our local users spoofed an email to look like the CTO created it and sent it to the rest of the organization. Very funny (unless you are the Exchange administrator). We run Exchange 2003 and I need to fix this problem so it doesn't happen again. Right now if I telnet the mail server and issue the right commands (mail from:, rcpt to:, etc.) I can send an email with any non local address in the "mail from:" field to any user at my domain without authentication, which is how it must be since you can't expect users from other organizati...

Can't open file in email & explorer, but excel opens
When I double click on a file in email or explorer, excel will open but the file will not. This just started recently. Hi ralegr Try Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe. In that case Start>Run "...

Director doesn't want a user to receive/send email
I have a user is using the Outlook 2007 client, the director doesn't want this user to be able to send/receive email from inside and/or outside addresses she only wants this person to access calendars from w/in their department and schedule appointments. How can I disable this? I tried to delete the smtp address (won't allow it) and I tried to remove them from the address book (didn't seem to matter). To disable receiving from anyone: ADUC | recipient properties | Exchange General | Delivery Restrictions | Accept Messages -> select "Only From" | click "...

Receiving email addressed to non-existent users in my domain
I'm using Exchange 2000 with GFI MailEssentials spam filter. I'm trying to figure out how email addressed to non-existent users in my domain wind up coming to me. Although I administer my Exchange installation I have not designated an administrator within Exchange Server. If I send an email from my personal Yahoo account to one of the accounts I've received email for it gets rejected as undeliverable by my Exchange server. However, when spammers sends to that address it gets through to me and I don't know how. GFI identifies it as spam and moves it to my spam folder but I recei...

embeding file in primary file in excel
In Excel on the primary worksheet in one column named Deduction this value ($) is the sum from another worksheet. I would like to have a blank for setup ready for imput to appear. Upon completion of this form I would like this answer to be return to the primary worksheet ...

Restoring old email from backed up pst file
Not sure if anyone can assist but here goes I had a bit of a problem with a hard drive and thankfully most recent backup was within the previous 3 weeks (personal computer) I had backed up the saved email on outlook as the pst file but when I go to import I get a message "properties for this information service must be defined prior to use". and then when I click on OK the message "The file C:\windows\local settings\application data\microsoft \outlook\backup.pst is not a personal folders file". Of course, nothing happens. Can anyone give me a bit of guidance. Unfortunate...

Creating a Email to Fax Gateway
I am wanting to create my own Email to Fax gateway, but doing it "my way". What I want is to be able to scan a document and email it as an attachment to, say, fax@mydomain.com. The subject would be the fax number that the attachment would forward to. Outlook would be configured to check that box every 5 minutes or so. Once the email was received, Outlook would then grab the attachment, read the fax number from the box, and fax it off via the Fax Service to the phone number specified in the subject. Obviously, I'd need to secure it (probably only allow certain senders to do it,...

Links in email not working message-operation failed
If I try to click on a link in an email I get a message that state this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer please contact your system administrator. I am the administrator and did not have this problem before my computer did an update recently. How do I take this restriction off. Thanks in advance for your help! "mdmeprez" <mdmeprez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D275F482-9ED4-4EC4-9676-CC56F3726C9F@microsoft.com... > If I try to click on a link in an email I get a message that state this > ope...

In From it says Email
When I send out an email, it says Email in the From position rather than the name. how do I change that? In Windows Live Mail go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, click = on Properties. On the General tab you can change your displayed name. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Lucretia" <Lucretia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:AD5A4605-0E5E-408F-AB46-1CDE9E186921@microsoft.com... > When I send out an email, it says Email in the From position rather = than the=20 &...

Can send emails but not receive them
Hi there Have just set up new Laptop with Windows 7. Have set up Windows Live Email with an acitv8me account. Can send emails no problems. Sent a test email to my hotmail account, which I received no worries. I replied to the email from my hotmail account but was not received in the Windows Live email. I sent a test email from the Windows Live email to itself. It sent no worries and I received it in my inbox no worries. So can't work out why I can send to my hotmail address but not receive emails from there. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank...

Not able to read email unless I click on a link?
Every time I open an email, I can't see the message, I have to open an HTML or .txt attachment to see the email. Any ideas why this is happening? I have a screen shot, http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1ps--7hMHMRMyTUfrLVPTOYheSqPq_kpPQ2uu9_giyOFaBGppMnl-Ff_8h0OtLlTTsFdVGgYcQJFUzH29A4KDgKQ/Email%20Problem.jpg Thanks in advance! ~~~ Jen These steps were written for the same issue in Outlook Express, but they might also apply to Windows Live Mail If you haven't already done it, shutdown and restart Windows. This sometimes fixes the problem. - If you still hav...

Archivesink and email attachments
What becomes of attachments to emails archived with Archivesink? Is journaling the only solution to preserve message and attachment other than 3rd party tools? -- Thanks, Peter ...

transfer Outlook email attachments to new computer?
I'm buying a new computer and will transfer all from my current to my new. I have XP on both and will use the transfer wizard. I haven't used it yet but its description has no mention of transfering email attachments. I've looked at other software and they are the same; they seem to transfer everything but no mention of attachments. I'm using Outlook 2000 SP3 and will transfer through a local network. Will the wizard transfer the attachments or is there some other way to do it? Any ideas? Thanks, Kozmo The attachments are stored in your PST file along with the mail ...

When Recieving emails adds Toolbar items
Hi, Im getting an issue that I was hoping someone might know then answer. When I recieve an email in outlook 2003 from someone who has more toolbar items then me. Their toolbar items are then added to my outlook bars???? When I go to send my next email? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Michelle Michelle wrote: > Hi, > Im getting an issue that I was hoping someone might know then answer. > When I recieve an email in outlook 2003 from someone who has more > toolbar items then me. Their toolbar items are then added to my > outlook bars???? When I go to send my next ema...

outlook express: can not send or receive emails
I can no longer send and receive emails using my outlook express. It just stopped working. I have double checked all the settings, they are correct, I have internet access. And have even established a new email account using outlook. It seems like I might have received a virus that disabled my outlook express. The following message is the only piece of evidence I can find may point to the problem. An unknown error has occurred. Protocol: POP3, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C013B Any suggestions? YOu can email me at davidk65@wayne.edu or contactdavidnow@hotmail....

Can't Send Email #10
I can receive email messages, but when I try to send an email, I receive an error that says: unable to connect to the server. Error Number: 0x800ccc0e Can someone please tell me how to correct this? Thank You are you trying to connect to your isp's email account or an email account on a different server if it is on a different server then it could be that your isp blocks port 25 check with your isp "Sas" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1bd8b01c451af$8beb5940$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I can receive email messages, but when I try to send ...

When checking email remotely, how do I know if a return receipt w.
When checking email remotely, how do I know if a return receipt was requested for a particular message? "csbrand" <csbrand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BA3B793-3DE3-481F-B91A-FB33FB023E47@microsoft.com... > When checking email remotely, how do I know if a return receipt was > requested > for a particular message? Well, that depends on what "remote application" you are using and what options you have set (if possible) regarding request for read receipts. In Microsoft Outlook Web Access, there is a option on how OWA should respond ...

Email alert
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) It should be simple. I went to where you select the sound but nothing happens. Please let me know how to resolve this problem. I can't get the system to alert me by sound when a message arrives. I've checked the area where you select the sound but nothing happens. Thank you. "deepcreek@officeformac.com" wrote: > Please let me know how to resolve this problem. I can't get the system to > alert me by sound when a message arrives. I've checked the area where you > select the sound but nothing happens. Tha...

Double Emails from selected sources
Why would Outlook create two copies of messages? This only happens when messages certain people are sent. It happened with both Outlook XP and Outlook 2003. When I get my mail directly from my ISP's web access, there is only one email from the sender SafetyMan ...

outlook locks up when trying to print an email
Occasionally MS Outlook 2002 will lock up when I try to print an email. The only way to correct for this is to hard boot my computer. Has anyone ever encountered this? ...

Grey background in emails
For some bizarre reason, out of nowhere, my emails have sproadically an suddenly gained a grey background. And this is not for new emails, bu for old ones, and not in all cases. Please, someone help me get rid of it. I have been pulling my hair out ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How can I get the handles for a picture frame in Publisher?
Whenever I try to make a picture frame, I get an insert picture menu box instead of the frame itself. Upon clicking cancel, the entire box, menu, is deleted and I cannot get the box to get the handles to resize the picture. I should say an insert picture window appears. I am not able to create a picture box at all. "Pinto" wrote: > Whenever I try to make a picture frame, I get an insert picture menu box > instead of the frame itself. Upon clicking cancel, the entire box, menu, is > deleted and I cannot get the box to get the handles to resize the picture. Pinto w...

EMAIL and drop downs
OK i PUB 2003...i created from a template a newsletter. can i insert a drop down list for reciptients to use in the body of the email? is that possible...i saw, List Menu, and Text Boxes...but didnt know if you could implement a drop down menu into an email. ...

Email export format
Is there a way to format the default template that is used when exporting a purchase order to email? It does not show our company logo (it does on the print preview but not when exported) and by default it exports it in Landscape instead of the standard portrait view. ...