This just started happening a last week. A message comes
in the Inbox and I click the delete key so delete it.. so
far ok. then i go into the deleted items folder it's not
visible. but if i do a find then they show up in the find
box but still not in the folder. any ideas?
this program makes me crazy sometimes *s*
thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

starindy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> This just started happening a last week. A message comes
> in the Inbox and I click the delete key so delete it.. so
> far ok. then i go into the deleted items folder it's not
> visible. but if i do a find then they show up in the find
> box but still not in the folder. any ideas?
> this program makes me crazy sometimes *s*

What View do you have set in the Deleted Items folder?
--
Brian Tillman
0

Can I delete a file that is in use
I have a malocious file called sdra64.exe it's in my appdata\roaming folder I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow? Thanks I have a malocious file called sdra64.exe it's in my appdata\roaming folder I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow? Thanks You can try using the task manager. Bring up the manager and go to processes and stop it from running. You can try to delete from Safe Mo...

Received Emails
How can I change the font color for received emails? Everybody has told me when they try to reply to my emails the font color is yellow and not bright enough to read. I've changed the font under tools, options, mail format to black. Also, changed font under view, arange by, custom, other settings. Is there any other place to change the fonts? Any help would be greatly appreciated! ...

Show Excel in two separate instances/two monitors?
I've recently been upgraded to two monitors (one of the few things IT has done right around here!). But try as I might, I can't get two Excel (2003) workbooks to show in two separate instances so I can put one on each monitor! Any solutions? Ed Hi Ed, open 2 workbooks -- click the Maximize button (so you are in resize mode) --- drag a workbook by the titlebar to the second monitor... Warm Regards, Crystal * (: have an awesome day :) * MVP Access Remote Programming and Training strive4peace2006 at yahoo.com * Ed wrote: > I've recently been upgraded to t...

new emails
When I start a new email the text looks very small and hard to read but when I look at it in my sent folder it looks fine.... why? Have you checked your zoom level already? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/95 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Mike Bunting" <Mike Bunting@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:228BBE80-21D2-4ADF-9048-CFB6C9DA3E9...

Add item discounting to inventory wizard
It would be infinately useful for me to be able to assign volume discounts to items based on MPQ and Regular, A, B, and C prices. For example. I sell an item that comes in a box quantity of 25. If a customer at any price level buys 25, the system discounts the item 10%. As it is now, I must go through item by item and enter this information. In my situation, I have thousands of items to update every time prices change. So it would be nice to simply say "if [MPQ] of item is purchased, discount 10%". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft r...

query-based distribution group not showing in Outlook
Software: Exchange 2003 standard and Outlook 2003 I have created a query-based distribution group and it isn't showing up in Outlook Address Book. If I create Distribution groups they show up in the Address Book. How do I get the query based groups to show in the Address Book? Under Exchange Advanced I have confirmed that the check box to hide list is unchecked. Thanks, Colin M. On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:54:52 -0800, "Colin" <legendsfan@nospam.nospam> wrote: >Software: Exchange 2003 standard and Outlook 2003 > >I have created a query-based distribution ...

How to Delete an Investment
I have several investments that were entered in error. How do I delete? One investment will not calculate the correct total price even though the quantity and unit prices are correct. The totasl is off by 1,000 times. on the portfolio window on the left column pick "work with investments" pick delete an investment make desired changes if investment is greyed out pick the investment anyway. can not be deleted if you have open positions in the investment. >-----Original Message----- >I have several investments that were entered in error. >How do I delete? > &...

Watch/Ignore in email
What does the watch/ignore option mean in the email section? What does it mean when it says "this message is being watched" at the top of an email? Who is watching? If you're in outlook express - reading newsgroups for example - you can click the space underneath the eyeglasses and level with your message. this will change the colour to red (it does on mine). you can then sort your messages by clicking the eyeglasses at the top and the messages will be sorted showing the marked ones at the top of the page. This is very useful when you post to a newsgroup and don't want t...

My forms will not work with my email when I click submit.
Sending Form Data via E-mail, it will open up my Email but, the data is NOT contained in the body of the e-mail message. The e-mail address I entered for the ACTION attribute shows up. BUT NOT DATA IS CONTAINED IN THE BODY. ***************************** <FORM METHOD=POST ENCTYPE="text/plain" ACTION="pamjck@juno.com"> Name: <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="name"> <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="submit button"> ******************************** why is my Email NOT working anymore and adding the data to the body of the e-mail ...

Promoting and Outlook Email and Creating Contact
After reading an Email in Outlook I promote it to CRM. The author of the Email is not a CRM contact so their name appears in red. Clicking on the authors name, CRM gives the option of reconciling to another contact or creating a new contact record. When I select a new contact record, why doesn't CRM populate the name and Email address just like when you create a contact from an Email in Outlook? Why should I have to go back and look up the Email address from the Email itself to place in the CRM Contact record? I'd post that as a suggestion for future product enhancements. Ho...

How to find a value with multi-column, multi-record list
I have a spreadsheet with $costs arranged according to values in both rows and columns. How do I create drop down lists for both the rows and columns and then return the cell value? eg if I have 5 rows (2-6) and 6 columns (B-G) with costs arranged in each cell within this group how do I create drop downs for each selection, 2-6 and B-G, and return the value to a selected cell. In a typical table of this nature there would be descriptive row and column headers. To do a lookup on this table you would then look for the intersection of a specific row header and a specific column ...

ALTER TABLE statements showing up in my stored procedures
Hi, Recently, I noticed some ALTER TABLE statements in my stored procedures. I have no idea where they came from. The only thing I can think of is that I do generate scripts to keep my local copy of the database where I develop my application and the production server in sync. I think these statements started showing up after I upgraded to SQL Server 2008 R2 (full version on production server and Express on the local machine). I just tried removing them from one of my stored procedures and they came right back. I then deleted the stored procedure and recreated it without t...

Outlook 2003 Hangs on download of email
Upgraded to Office 2003 and since installing, junkmail mail hangs up on the server. I am forced to go to the ISP and delete the mail from that location. I have tried with the junkmail filter both on and off. Sometimes it hangs and just sends multiple copies of other messages that download prior to it getting to the offending junkmail. I had no problem with the Office XP version of Outlook. Comcast offers no assistance; and to top it off, the Microsoft support site does not recognize the product ID from my new office product. Any ideas out there? Thanks, Doug ...

moving all incoming mail to deleted items folder
We are trying to setup students who graduate from our school so that any incoming mail will be forwarded to a new address and if they have not setup a forwarding address, their incoming mail will be deleted with an out of office reply sent to the sender indicating that the user is no longer a student and has not setup forwarding. Graduated students would also not have OWA enabled as well. The one thing that seems hard to do is to create a rule that will move all incoming mail to the deleted items folder. Does anyone know of how to have all incoming mail subject to a rule to move to deleted ...

Sort and report category items
I'm an Excel rookie using Excel 2008. And this is probably a very beginner question. Example of problem: Sheet has three(3) columns (A, B, C) with the first two being text cells. A: Organization type B: Organization name C: Organization $ The rows contain the information for each year and then within each year a row for each organization reporting that year. I'd like to create a report with: A List of all organizations by each type and not repeat the names. This would look like: Type 1: Company X Company Z Type 2: Company Y Type 3: Company M Compa...

option to show or hide social security number throughout system
Now that identify theft is a big issue, a great feature in HR and/or UPR would be an option to hide or show SS# on windows and reports. I'm having to cusomize HR and Payroll reports just to remove the SS#. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://ww...

Can't delete a personal folder
Hello. My problem is that I somehow ended up with an extra personal folder and I simply can't delete it. I've tried moving the .PST file and creating a different one. No luck. I've even uninstalled outlook 2000 three times to no avail. After I uninstalled it I looked in "My Documents and Settings" where Outlook and other applications leave data behind and I deleted everything that I found but that didn't work either. I reinstalled Outlook 2000 and there was my Personal Folder again! When I click on the properties and I try to close it it says "Ob...

Item ID of HQ and Store
Is itemid of store (item table) is the same with item of hq (item table) ? ex. if in item (store) has this id =1020 and itemlookupcode=123456789 will this record be in item table of hq , having the same id ? No, but the Field HQID in the SO Item Table will have the ID of that Item in HQ. "GregDxb" <GregDxb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB8F1EC3-9F76-458F-BEB7-FFAF19CD0399@microsoft.com... > Is itemid of store (item table) is the same with item of hq (item table) ? > > ex. if in item (store) > has this id =1020 and itemlookupcode=123456789 &g...

imported distributions lists show as contacts
Client exported his Contacts containing several Distribution Lists, then imported into a new system. Teh imported DL's show up as separate Contact Lists...how, why, and more importantly, is there a simplified way to correct? Version of Outlook they were exported from and imported into? How did you import them? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

Preventing Excel files from being moved or deleted
What permissions setting is used to prevent users from moving or deleting an Excel file on a network? This is more of an network operating system setting question. I would think putting the file on a share that the users only had readonly access would be enough. But this would mean that the users could still copy (not move) the file. And they wouldn't be able to update the workbook. bg500 wrote: > > What permissions setting is used to prevent users from moving or deleting an > Excel file on a network? -- Dave Peterson All explained in Start>Help and Support "p...

SP3 Problem
Ever since I installed SP3 for Office XP, I have been getting the following error - "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I get this error only when I use Word as my email editor. Hence what is happening is that Outlook thinks that Word is a rogue program trying to send unauthorized emails. My question is, is there a way to prevent this - a whitelist of programs for example? Ajit Disable the PDFMaker addin. (See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for details on how to do this.) "Aj...

Exchange Email Router CRM Server 2003 & Exchange 2000
Hi NG, I´ve installed CRM1.2 on Win Server 2003 - everythings OK - afterwards I installed the Email Router and followed the steps in IG. The problem now is that I could send mails but incoming mails are not in support queue or in CRM system anyway (answers to a crm mail guid included!) Is it possible to use Server 2003 and Exchange 2000? Thanks and Regards, Bernd Michitsch Yes, they are supported. Where are you sending those messages from? The router will only capture mail that comes in via the SMTP gateway, so it must come from the outside. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ------...

Sending an email to multiple contacts
As suggested by people on one of these newsgroups, I have abandoned Outlook's broken distribution list functionality to use this "Categorize" feature. So I now have my hundreds of individuals all categorized and I want to send an email to everyone in a certain category. I do not see any sign that this functionality is supported, in fact, it seems like Microsoft actually broke the functionality intentionally. I have created my email and have opened my contacts. I sorted based upon category, selected the items in the category and dragged those items to the "To.....

Why receive duplicated copies of every email?
Hi there, I have an Exchange 2003 server. Users are using Outlook 2003. There is one issue with one user's account. When he sends out emails from his Outlook 2003, some recipients sometimes receive two copies of every email. It doesn't always happen, but the majority. He is sending to recipients individually, not any distribution group. If I look at the Massage Tracking from the System Manager, it does show those emails are delivered twice. Any idea would be greatly appreciated, Ross Are they delegates for anyone else on the DL? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replie...

Messages in sent folder automatically gets deleted periodically on IMAP account
Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking place? Other than accessing the account via POP3 instead of IMAP, no. snomazushi wrote: > Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium > > Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason > gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking > place? ...