Emails not sent, stay in Outbox

Using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP box.
Since Friday afternoon outgoing messages are staying in the Outbox. Also
in the web version of Outlook can't send email messages out.

Help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
Carol
0
sitea1 (2)

Carol Sitea wrote:
> Using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP box.
> Since Friday afternoon outgoing messages are staying in the Outbox. Also
> in the web version of Outlook can't send email messages out.
>
> Help is greatly appreciated!!
>
> Thanks
> Carol

Also now found out messages are sent when using Outlook XP but not in
Outlook 2003.
0
sitea1 (2)
12/6/2004 11:36:43 PM
Check the oldest email in the Outbox. Perhaps it is to big or has a large
attachemnt preventing it from being sent. Also check the amount of messages
in your sent items folder. There is a limit but am not sure what that limit
is. This will cause any other email following to back up also.

"Carol Sitea" <sitea@berkeley.edu> wrote in message
> Using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP box.
> Since Friday afternoon outgoing messages are staying in the Outbox. Also
> in the web version of Outlook can't send email messages out.
>
> Help is greatly appreciated!!
>
> Thanks
> Carol

What sort of mail account (I assume Exchange)?  What happens when you try
to send?  Any error messages?

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:21:23 -0800, Carol Sitea wrote:

> Using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP box.
> Since Friday afternoon outgoing messages are staying in the Outbox. Also
> in the web version of Outlook can't send email messages out.
>
> Help is greatly appreciated!!
>
> Thanks
> Carol
0
stephenson (1246)

alert me when saving to temporary file from email
I have lost countless pieces of University work using various versions of Microsoft Word/Excel, by accidently 'saving' documents I have downloaded from an email instead of 'saving as'. When I go to exit these documents, I would appreciate an alert: "This document is only saved to a temporary file. Do you want to save this file to your computer now?" This would be very similar to the normal 'do you want save?' alerts when a document has not previously been saved at all. It would save me a lot of time re-doing hours spent on my coursework haha...

OL 2003 Find emails read, but not replied to?
In OL2003 How do I search for emails I have read but not replied to? Thanks in anticipation :) I can't find a way in Advanced Find to do that but you can try sort a view of your Inbox by the icon column. It will group messages forwarded, replied, etc. "Broons Bane" <nochance@youmustbejoking.com> wrote in message news:eq%23UMEybFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > In OL2003 > > How do I search for emails I have read but not replied to? "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> wrote in message news:Odl23PybFHA.3844@tk2msftngp1...

CDHtmlDialog::GetElementText( _T("email"));
could u please help me out? i'm trying to the the value of a html form on OnButtonOK(). but i fail, i'm already about 48 hours on it and i can't find anyone who is beable to help. i tried news groups, the codeproject.com forum, tek-tips.com. i tried using msdn, goodle. bt i can't find good example abut retrieving value from html form thank for your time. kind regards, Marco Schoeters // firstw32mfcDlg.cpp : implementation file // #include "stdafx.h" #include "firstw32mfc.h" #include "firstw32mfcDlg.h" #include ".\firstw32mfcdlg.h" ...

How to send .mht file in email without image attachments?
In Publisher, I can create a document, save it as an .mht file and paste it in an email message so when a person pulls up their email, it will appear on their screen. The problem is, for every image, it attaches an image file at the top under attachments. How can I accomplish the above without it attaching images? Thanks SO much in advance for any helpful information. Are you are using Outlook/Outlook Express? If so, have you tried sending the Pub document in the body of the email and skip the .mht step. Please keep in mind that if someone has their system set to read as plain text, ...

Date trasfer when importing emails to CRM
When I import old emails into CRM from Outlook they are tagged in CRM with the today's date, the day I imported them. Is there any way to alter this date once in CRM to reflect the actual date of the email? I believe your referring to promoting emails within Outlook. If so, please see this thread: news:5DF7B2F7-B5CE-4FF9-80E3-421D4FE5F500@microsoft.com -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CF94DF6-7659-4793-AF6E-439BB480DC29@microsoft.com......

Printing an Email Message (but only 1 page)
Hi, when I go to print an email (in Microsoft Outlook), I press "file", then "print", and usually I get a window asking "Print pages -- "all" or "page numbers.." etc, but I don't always get this screen. Sometimes, (depending on the email), I get "print all pages, print only odd pages, or print only even pages". How can I only print the current page, all the time? Thank you! ...

how to get rid of incorrect email address in list of choices
I want to cancel an email address that appears in the choice list shown when creating a new email. "Sal Kay" <Sal Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A48BCAAE-8AAC-4958-8D1B-6473B031650C@microsoft.com... > I want to cancel an email address that appears in the choice list shown > when > creating a new email. select it using the arrow keys and delete... .....or if you happen to be using Outlook 2010, click the black "X" next to the address you want to delete on the list. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr &am...

Throttling email campaigns sent via CRM
We're wanting to take advanatage of CRM's email features but the lists we'd be sending to are already in exess of 11,000 address. Is there anyway to throttle how quickly CRM sends these emails out? We're using CRM 3 ...

I have just set up MS Outlook 2007 and can't send email messages
I have just set up MS Outlook 2007 and can't send email messages ... I receive error message # 80042109, cannot connect to outgoing server. I receive email messages without a problem but my outgoing messages are sitting in my outbox. I have checked with my ISP providr and they believe I have set up Outlook correctly. Can anyone please help? Post the complete error message as per verbatim -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "FCDECOSTANZO" <FCDECOSTANZO@discussio...

Outlook won't send "reply" emails
When replying to emails from the 'sent' folder, Outlook won't send. It sits in the Outbox. Is it possible that Outlook is working offline? >-----Original Message----- >When replying to emails from the 'sent' folder, Outlook >won't send. It sits in the Outbox. >. > What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of mail accounts? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a5d01c3bb41...

Mail ends up in outbox
I use MS Outlook 2000 on four machines. On one of these machines, email to be sent is often routed to the outbox where they queue for varying lenghts of time before being sent. On the other three machines, email is sent immediately with a copy routed to the "sent items" folder. Why is outgoing email sent to the outbox on the one machine and is there something I can do to avoid this? Thanks. Have you checked the settings on all machines to ensure that they match? what mode is Outlook installed in on all 4 machines? (Check Help->About, 2nd line). --� Milly Staples [MVP - Out...

how to download excel files sent in e-mail with only WindowsXP2000 home Addition
Not able to down load an excel spread sheet that was e-mailed to my windows 200XO Home ed. How do I down lpad it? Maybe??? If you use Outlook express then goto Tools>Options>Security Uncheck Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened .............................. -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Gary" <ssa042@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:209701c3730f$3a4993b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Not able to down load an excel spread sheet that was > e-mailed to my windows 200XO Home ed. How do I down lpad > it? D...

when I send an email it automaticatly sends it as an attachment
When I send an email outlook 2003 sends it out as an attachment and then it is rejected by the web site that I am sending it to. "panderson" <panderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:197A3A68-16C3-4F8C-9D71-9EF6F383ADA8@microsoft.com... > When I send an email outlook 2003 sends it out as an attachment and then > it > is rejected by the web site that I am sending it to. Stop using Rich-Text Format. Use plain-text or HTML format. Web sites don't accept e-mails. Mail servers accept e-mails. -- ______________________________________________...

Encrypted / signed email problem
Hi, I've created my own PKI infrastructure. One off-line root ca and one on-line issuing. Cert chain is good, cert and crl in ldap. So far so good. However, when one person sends an encrypted/signed email to me, I get the following error when trying to open: "can't open this item. your digital id name can not be found by the underlying security system" Another user can't even encrypt or sign to me. They get an error stating that my cert is either missing or corrupted. I've cleaned up my published cert in AD and republished. Can't really find anything via ...

Emailing
Hi, When I send an email in Excel, the font is magnified when I receive the email. How can fix this? Are there certain settings I can change? Many Thanks! -- lsherman22 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lsherman22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30414 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500792 ...

Sending an email automatically
Hi, Is it possible to set a schedule with Outlook/Exchange, so it will send a set email, every day,. to a set of people? Thanks! "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:e4cusc$pe4$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk... > Hi, > > Is it possible to set a schedule with Outlook/Exchange, so it will send a > set email, every day,. to a set of people? > > Thanks! See my email scheduler (http://www.lbetoolbox.com/scheduleemail.htm) -- John Blessing http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software priced to suit all businesses http://www.room-boo...

How do I set email to be received by date?
I want my Microsoft email to arrive on the list via current date with a preview. It used to be that way and suddenly changed. Help please. -- "Grace and peace be yours in abundance" . . . . .2 Peter 1.2 . . View | Sort By | Sent. View | Layout | Show Preview Pane. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "bhappy41b" <bhappy41b@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D57AEAA1-6D8D-4609-B3C5-5218A8672D2C@microsoft.com... >I want my Microsoft email to arrive on the list via current date with a > pr...

email forms with multiple emails
If I create a drop down menu with different peoples names to send a message to (example: Names in the drop down - Bill, James, Jimmy, Ted, Etc.), and a person filling out the contact form wants this message to be emailed to Jim, he chooses "Jim" in the drop down. Is that a possibility anyway, anyhow? Yes But not with FP Forms handler which requires a single fixed email address (often on your hosted server) - will require server side script, or a form handler from your host that handles form field data -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-...

limit number of emails sent?
Can Exchange Server limit the number of emails an account can send in a specified period of time. Like a virus/spam protection feature. If so is there a default setting and where do I find it? I have a user that needs to send several 100 emails. Before we had an Exchange server we were limited to X number of emails per hour by our ISP. Now that we have an Exchange server is there some sort of default setting for that that I can temporarily remove....or if there is somewhere I can control it I would like to start. Thanks!!! Mike No, there's nothing that will restrict a user to sen...

GET PAID TO READ EMAILS #2
I just wanted to let you know about a great new Internet program called E-Mail Pays U! They pay you for simply reading email! To make it even better they will give you $10 just to join up. E-Mail Pays U will even pay you when your friends and family read e-mail! I know you'd like to earn some easy extra cash! It doesn't get any easier than this. signing up for FREE and earn a quick $10!! http://e-mailpaysu.com/members/index.cgi?lawrencelaw Join today and earn a FREE $10! E-Mail Pays U is totally free, privacy-protected and the money is real! ...

Email #2
I sent an email message using publisher as an html and it previewed great in my tests in Outlook, but some of my end users received skewed messages with the text in code. Are Email docs only supported through Outlook? I ran a test through my personal account in AOL and got the same messed up message. Has anyone successfully transmitted emails created in publisher? I AM GREATLY FRUSTRATED THAT I JUST SPENT DAYS CREATING A REGISTRATION FOR THAT I EMAIL TO TONS OF POTENTIAL CLIENTS AND THEY COULD NOT EVEN OPEN THE DOCUMENT...IF YOU FIND THE ANSWER TO THIS PROBLEM, PLEASE LET ME KNO...

icon for switching email accts
I use Outlook 2003 and have two email accounts; one for business and one for personal. The only way I know to switch between accts is a pain (i.e., Tools / e-mail accounts / change email accounts / select the account / set as default / finish). Is it possible to put an icon for each account on the Outlook toolbar so all I would need to do to change the email account default is click on the appropriate icon ? What's wrong with the Accounts button? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Chesslover17" <Chesslover17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7459868A-...

forwarding of emails
Can anyone tell me how to have all of my emails automatically forwarded to my handheld while I am away? Seems simple but I can't find anyone who can help me here. ...

Outlook 2002 with Windows Vista
I have just installed Outlook 2002, as part of Office XP, into my new laptop that has Windows Vista. I was using the trial version of Office 2007, but I uninstalled it when I did not buy it. Outlook was working fine. Also, Outlook 2002 was working fine on my other computer with Windows XP. Every time I run Outlook now, and then do a Send/Receive, it asks for passwords for my two email accounts. Then when I check my email accounts under Tools, Email Accounts, then View or change existing email accounts, then change each email account, in the section for logon information, there is a box ...