emails. I have NO Clue

I have no clue as to how to get my emails sent to my outlook 2002. I have a
web site and there are several addresses int here but I cant figure out how
to get them to outlook. Then I tryed to set up my outlook and it asked for
username, email address, passowrd, login name, I dint know what info goes
where. whats my friggin username. Do I make one up? Whats my password? Do I
use my password that allows me to log onto the mail server? Whats my email
address? Do I use my aol address or my web site address. This is far more
confusing than I EVER thought. Please HELP!
--
Tia
0

Ask your ISP.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Tia asked:

| I have no clue as to how to get my emails sent to my outlook 2002. I
| have a web site and there are several addresses int here but I cant
| figure out how to get them to outlook. Then I tryed to set up my
| outlook and it asked for username, email address, passowrd, login
| name, I dint know what info goes where. whats my friggin username. Do
| I make one up? Whats my password? Do I use my password that allows me
| to log onto the mail server? Whats my email address? Do I use my aol
| address or my web site address. This is far more confusing than I
| EVER thought. Please HELP!
0
MillyS (3228)
2/11/2007 9:45:02 AM
Or ask your domain provider if have a domain

"Tia" <Tia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have no clue as to how to get my emails sent to my outlook 2002. I have
> web site and there are several addresses int here but I cant figure out
how
> to get them to outlook. Then I tryed to set up my outlook and it asked for
> username, email address, passowrd, login name, I dint know what info goes
> where. whats my friggin username. Do I make one up? Whats my password? Do
> use my password that allows me to log onto the mail server? Whats my email
> address? Do I use my aol address or my web site address. This is far more
> confusing than I EVER thought. Please HELP!
> --
> Tia

0
DL

Email Signature 11-17-09
When I reply to an email, my signature superimposes over the sender's message. What am I doing wrong? ...

Workflow question, regarding emailing to owner of another entity
I am trying to create a workflow rule to send email to account owner after two weeks when service ticket regarding to account is closed. When I'm creating email I can only find following available logical users (account/contact, account, contact,owner's manager, owner). I need to send the email to account owner. Is this possible somehow?? example case. Customer Test has owner Ted Tester, and his team member creates service ticket to Customer Test and closes it. I would like to send email to Ted Tester after two weeks after ticket is closed. As a reminder. I can send the email ...

email subject
Hi, When i want to email, the detail of 'Subject' should be equal to specific cell, eg Cell H3 = YP123. ie Recipient:abc@abc.com Subject:YP123 I have tried to read www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Introduction, bu i cant find or maybe i overlook. How can i do this? [I am using Excel Xp , Outlook Express] Raymon -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com See the Tips section Raymond http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "raymondsum" <raymondsum.y9m1y@excelforum-nospam.com> wr...

Wrong Email Size
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 (service pack 2). I have noticed that the size of emails with attachments are being displayed incorrectly. For example, there is an email with a pdf document (3MB) and a word document (800kb) and 4 lines of text in the body of the message - total size of 4MB. However, outlook 2003 is displaying the email size as 11MB. When I copy or move this email to a new folder the email size is displayed correctly as 4MB. Service Pack 2 for Exchange 2003 was installed last week on the exchange server. Is this a bug in SP2? Is there a fix available for this ...

Amount of Outgoing Email
Is there a simple way to determine home many emails are going out of our Exchange Server 2003 each day? You can do this with Third party software such Microsoft Management Pack for Exchange 2003 or you can turn on Performance Monitors and Counters, Brien Posey has written a great article explaining, http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid43_gci1190349,00.html -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51E318D1-AD08-4C62-ABD8-803A0F2D386A@microsoft...

***Delete UNREAD email >90 Days (Exchange 2003)
I'm trying to delete all UNREAD emails older then 90 Days. Recipient Policy will only let me select the date but there isn't a selection for UNREAD emails. Exchange 5.5 Cleanup Agent (I think that's what it was called) had a check box for UNREAD emails. Is there way to do this in Exchange 2003, or is there 3rd party app that will do this? Boy I miss Exchange 5.5!!! James jdduong@comcast.net when you create a recipient policy (mailbox-managed), you can set the age in days (i.e. 90 days) and size in KB for all items in the selected folder for which the policy applies t...

Back up failing due to corrupt email
Hello, I have been having an issue with backing up using Veritas ver 10d on an SBS2003 server. Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe000fe2d - The backup of the item is bad. Final error category: Resource Errors It appears the back up is failing due to several delivery status notifiations that are corrupt. How can I remove these files and have our back up complete other then modifying veritas registry key. Can I remove these files manually? WARNING: "\\servername\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Administrator [administrator]Top of Information StoreSync IssuesServer FailuresŒ...

Full email address showing on sent emails?
Using Outlook 2000 for email (I checked this time, Brian!). In the sent file, *some* of my emails are not showing the full email address and only the name. Why is this so with some only? And how can I arrange that on all outgoing emails (as I compose them) and in the sent mailbox the full email address (including the @billyboggs.com part) is showing? TIA aalaan <aalaan@tpg.com.au> wrote: > In the sent file, *some* of my emails are not showing the full email > address and only the name. Why is this so with some only? What I suspect is that you have the Display Name define...

grabbing emails and paste into dist list?
Hi there, Okay, here's the scenario in Outlook 2003. I get an email from someone who has included about 50 important people in the cc field. I'd like to take all those email addresses and dump them into a distribution list in one fell swoop. So far, I hit "reply to all" and selected all of those cc email addresses, but I can not paste into a distribution list. How can I do this? Thanks, Gordon ...

Background Music/Outlook Email
I would like to add background music to an email message. I can do this so easily at home using Outlook Express, but Outlook stumps me. Any help greatly appreciated. Hi you may ask this in the Outlook Express forum and not in the MS Excel newsgroup :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rosemary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:38d401c48f7a$5b5fbec0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to add background music to an email message. > I can do this so easily at home using Outlook Express, but > Outlook stumps me. Any help gr...

Entourage has stopped retrieving just one certain person's email
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Email Client: pop I have been receiving all my emails normally apart from just one sender, who i previously had no problems with. The email is sitting in my inbox when i log in via the browser account, however it just doesnt get sent directly from the sender. if I then send this person's email to myself, it gets delivered to my inbox. THe problem ahs only started in the last week, no settings have been changed and every other email is getting delivered. <br> My hosting provider says it is not their issue and they don...

Is it possible to add my own header to an email in Office Outlook or Outlook Express?
Hi all, I mean something like followings: X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: someone@somewhere.com or X-MyHeader: 123456 I'm able to do this via C# SmtpClient programmatically, but I want to this by an email application. Thanks in Advance Afshar Mohebbi > I mean something like followings: > X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: someone@somewhere.com > or > X-MyHeader: 123456 > I'm able to do this via C# SmtpClient programmatically, but I want to > this by an email application. For Outlook, you'd need to do it via code. I'd start at http://www.outlookcode.com. For OE, you'll wan...

Email server 02-13-10
The smtp outgoing email with VISTA cannot be authenicated. Vista is not an e-mail client. Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62A2017F-A531-4E34-89CC-7FE3BD9849F0@microsoft.com... > The smtp outgoing email with VISTA cannot be authenicated. ...

.wmv files will not play directly from my email attachments but ..
..wmv files will not play directly from my email attachments but they will play when I save it to my desktop. I tried the troubleshooting suggestion on the Windows Media website. i.e. go to tools, options, file types and de-select midi file, click on Apply. then re-select midi file and click on ok. But that did not fix the problem. It won't work, then. There's something in how the program is handing the link off to WMP that WMP doesn't like. You don't mention the email program - I believe some use a protocol/method/somesuch that WMP doesn't understand. =...

cant send email to certain accounts
I started having an issue sending emails to any .net account yesterday. Here is the error I keep getting. I also can not get the Windows Mail help to open up. I click on it hit OK when the box pops up and nothing else happens. Thanks The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, ple...

Saving email attachments
Receive the following error message when selecting File, Save Attachments on an email with several files attached: File name is not valid ...

System/Organisation Settings and Email tracking Settings
my platform: Windows 2003 sp1,SQL 2005 & SQL reporting services,CRM 3.0. exchange is installed on a seperate domain controller. two weeks now into deployment and have managed to overcome most of the installation issues however I have noticed the following BUG: If i try to disable email tracking,or modify any properties within the email tracking settings window,the mail router will fail. 3 times now this has happened. the only way to fix it is to re-install CRM and do not touch the tracking options. ...

email form script to show email adresses of all recipients
I see there is a field in the attributes called torecipients but I cannot add it to the email form. Is there a way I can script this into the email form to show the email addresses of all of the recipients. My idea involved creting a new attribute called all_recipients and adding it to the form then doing a onchange for each of the to, cc, and bcc fields to update all_recipients. SO far it doesnt work. All the field returns is "undefined". Any help is greatly appreciated!!! ...

Internal emails bounce
Hello. I have a guy who's email messages are being bounced back to him with an undelivery report. This only happens with addresses Internal to our company (when he uses the short name ie. Kris as opposed to long email address ie. Kris@company.com). This is only happening to him as far as I know. Once he sends an email to someone and it's bounced, if he tries again, the email goes through fine the second time. The problam has not repeated a second time yet with the same address. Nothing has changed over the past couple days (that I know of anyway). This was an issue for...

Email tracking
I have turned off from my client, outlook and exchange server 2k email tracking options. But still, sometimes I get spam from mail-address which does not excists anymore, I get "mail was unable to blaa blaa" I'm sorry for the bad description, please ask if I forgot to mention something usefull. If I understand correctly...you receive mail stating "mail was unable to be delivered to xxx@xxx.com" AND you really did not send this msg? We see this often in our Org, it's due to someone externally sending the email/SPAM as your address (spoofing), and when the ...

Problem when I send email
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C6C872.7CE35CE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm having this problem with a new exchange server that I had installed. = When I send an email it returns the email saying: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Tst Sent: 8/25/2006 3:53 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: userxx@yahoo.com on 8/25/2006 3:53 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, = contact y...

Deny External Email for specified users
I would like to know how to deny certain internal users from sending or receiving internet based emails. Is there some type of security for the SMTP queues. http://support.microsoft.com/view/tn.asp?kb=316281 -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I Microsoft MVP - Directory Services www.readymaids.com - COMPLETE SPAM Protection www.akomolafe.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday? -anon "John Veliss" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c7701c49c5e$0290cf00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to ...

how can i set the outlook express when receive email, the will be stored as a group (like as the newsgroup)
Thanks. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Win asked: | Thanks. ...

outlook capability to password protect entry to email program
we are new users to Outlook/Outlook Express, we would like to use Outlook if we can prevent our kids from being able to click entry into outlook and viewing emails that have already been downloaded, etc. without a password. Outlook Express doesn't offer this protection, does Outlook? In Outlook; Rightclick Outlook Today-> Properties-> button Advanced-> button Change Password In OE; File-> Indentities-> Manage Identities...-> Properies-> Require Password -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create ...

seeing new emails
I have many folders within folders in my inbox. It seems like, quit some time ago, if mail came to a "unseen, child folder" the paren folder would become "darkened"- indicating there is unread mail insid the child- or maybe the child of a child. But that is not the behavior now and I am left "digging" for new email through various directories all day! the new mail icon on the taskbar is not a solution because it onl tells mw new mail is here and it disappears before all mail is read. How can I get folders to highlight when mail is inside them-even if it one o...