Emails Don't Show Up Right Away

Hello,

When I try and connect to Outlook 2003 from IPSEC on my home desktop(to get
to my company's intranet, etc.), the new messages do not come up right away
or reflect the way Outlook was when I left work for the day..

At the bottom of the screen there is a note that Outlook is connecting and
then eventually the new messages do come up as well as the system making
itself current with when I left work that day.

In the past, before I had XP and Office 2003, the new messages would come up
as soon as I logged onto IPSEC.
Is there a setting I need to change in Outlook 2003? What else might I need
to do? any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.
0
Frank9521 (202)

Recover emails from a broken PST file.
Hi, I am putting this request in from a friend who has the following issue: I would like to know if anyone has access to the draft of the .pst specification/standard that Microsoft has promised to release early next year. I need this so that I can recover emails from a broken pst file. This file cannot be recovered with scanpst or linux tools such as those within the libpff library nor libpst. This file was carved out from a disk and perhaps not chained properly - i.e., may be not complete or contain improper clusters. I receive multiple errors in regards to wrong checksum as well...

Outlook 2003
More than 50% of my contacts do not have email addresses, so it therefore clutters the Address book unnecessarily. Is there anyway to allow the address book (the popup which appears when clicking on "To:") to only show contacts that have email addresses? I can use categories to assign contacts as ValidEmailUser, but I can't seem to find a way to force the address book popup form, to show based on a category. Thanks. That's odd. I have never seen the Outlook Address Book display Contacts without electronic addresses. It simply won't do that. Do these Contacts ...

Same Email message to recipients
Hi I have to each month send out notification to my customers who use Euros about the exchange rate for the coming months (its about 10 people). I know its not much but what a pain it is to send individual emails. As its each month as well I haev to try and remember who the euro peeps are What also i dont want them to see is each others email addresses as they are competitors. SO my question is, how do I send out one eamil to a group of recipients without them seeing who else it has gone to? If it would be appropriate, keep all of them in "BCC". Otherwise you ...

sent emails?
When i send an email the person on the other end will see the wrong person it is from. I have reset everything in my out look but cant seem to get the last person that was here, his name off the sent emails. Please provide the following information: 1) Version of Outlook 2) Email environment (Exchange, POP3, etc.) 3) Are you using a PST? If so, what size is it? 4) Are there any error messages or numbers? 5) Are there any errors in your application event viewer that relates to Office or Outlook? 6) What troubleshooting steps have you taken yourself? PS What do you mean, the last person ...

Print or Print Preview not showing text
Print or Print Preview not showing text using PP2007 just released SP2 for office Now when we try to use print or print preview only see some of the text headers. None of the text is showing or the background or images, using built in templates. Worked bofore After testing, I found I have to set the color/greyscale - to colour to actually use the print preview. But it previews in grey scale, can't even see the preview in color. Unless I also go into printer settings and change that to color then get colour in preview. If I set it to grey scale and my printer is a ...

trouble receiving a forwarded email
When someone forwards an email to me not all of the message is received. It stops about 3/4 of the way down the page or sometimes the 1st page is there but not page 2. I am using Outlook 2000 SR-1. My computer is Windows 98. Our Server is Windows 2000. No one else is having this problem. ...

Cannot add customer statement email address in Smartlist
On the Debtor Maintenance Options screen you can chose the checkbox to Send Email Statements to a customer and then enter the To, CC or BCC email addresses. In Smartlist under the Customer folder, while you can choose to add the Send Email Statements column you cannot select to add the To, CC or BCC email address fields. You should be able to do this so you can easily view the information. These columns should be standard columns that you can select for Customers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vo...

Calcualting the time between email received date and reply date
Hi My boss wants data as to within how many days a reply was sent to a message. Is it possible in microsoft outlook to find out after how many days a message got replied? Thanks Shanks Shanks <Shanks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My boss wants data as to within how many days a reply was sent to a > message. Is it possible in microsoft outlook to find out after how > many days a message got replied? WIth Outlook 2003, one can observe the received time and compare it to the "You replied" time shown in the Info Bar. -- Brian Tillman Hi Brian Is there a...

OWA reply shows broken link in the form area
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C5AE18.43CE9F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, When I reply to a message from within OWA, I get a broken link in the = areas where I would type. It's as if it can't find the form or = something. It's not a signature file problem from what I can tell. Any ideas? ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C5AE18.43CE9F70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &q...

downloading emails
I have been having trouble with outlook ever since Wanadoo discontinued their newsgroup service; I accessed it through outlook express and the "news" folder of outlook. Yesterday Outlook crashed and I have had to re-install it from scratch. Now however I cannot get it to send or receive emails. When I worked my way through the wizard setting it up it did send out the test email and that can be opened in outlook express so it appears to be connected properly Every time I try I am getting this menu and no matter how often I click OK I do not get past it:- "Enter Net Password &qu...

Outlook 2003 AutoArchive Deletes emails
1000+ users on our domains have been having an issue where they run AutoArchive and a large number of their non-expired emails are moved to the Deleted Items folder of their Personal Folder File (or, if one doesn't exist, one is created on their hard drive) and the items in the Deleted Items folder of their PFF are deleted completely and must be recovered. After that point, any items placed in the PFF under Inbox will be sucked into Deleted Items in the Archive/PFF each time. We have checked the settings on 10+ machines and the only way to prevent this problem from occuring is to manuall...

How to prevent breaks in sentences within a paragraph when email
When I type a paragraph within an email, it looks great, even after I've added words to the sentence, or changed the sentence structure. Then I send the email, and sometimes send it to myself, but the sentences and paragraph are chopped up, and the idea doesn't "flow" like I wanted it to. Any suggestions on how I can keep the sentences together so they make more sense? I have looked at every option in "Tools", but haven't found a solution. Thanks. Are you using HTML or plain text? HTML will generally keep the same formatting while plain text ...

Duplicate emails received (two copies)
I am receiving two copies of each received email. What could cause this problem? Thank You, Dan ...

Create a right-to-left booklet
I need to create a document for our church. I want to to be like a one fold card, but in a word 2000 document. Is this possible? I will put the paper on landscape and print front and back only. I know how to print it I just don't know how to create it. thanks See the article "Booklet printing” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/BookletPrinting.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "...

Exchange 12 UM-Email
How many Exchange servers do you need if you want to use Exchange as a UM server and your Email server? With all the configurable Roles Exchange server now has which ones are need to accomplish what function? At the launch event, they strongly recommended that the unified messaging stuff be on its own server. Ray "VIDRO" <VIDRO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F632EA6-0E00-4ED0-B789-7620C9789377@microsoft.com... > How many Exchange servers do you need if you want to use Exchange as a UM > server and your Email server? > With all the configurab...

Pictures not opening. Little red X. email address
My email address should anyone have the answer to the question I posted today about pics not opening in forwarded email. thanks. This is caused by using WORD as your editor and having your options in word set to "Show placeholder" for pictures. Open Word, Select Options and poke around a bit until you see the option, then turn it off. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "cr" <crrsr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:00de01c3dc69$5c3c0520$a501280a@phx.gbl... My email address should anyone have the answer to the question I posted today about pics not opening in forw...

Blank Email messages are being received
(1) When the attachments go missing on replied messages,I hope the client settings were set to include attachments in replies This setting was set to include the attachments in the replies. (2) Are there any error messages in the application event log of exchange? I've looked for events that might indicate a problem, but I don't really see anything relevant. (3) How often does this happen ? The frequency is very random and not wide spread, initially, I thought that this was a user error until I witnessed a couple of users experience this problem first hand. 4) Is there an...

Email Publisher document as body of email
I have always created a Pub. document and then sent it as the body of an email. Now when I choose that option, it scrambles it up and puts template headings, etc. on my document. What happened that I can't continue to send as body of email as I created it? "sgalovich" wrote: > I have always created a Pub. document and then sent it as the body of an > email. Now when I choose that option, it scrambles it up and puts template > headings, etc. on my document. What happened that I can't continue to send > as body of email as I created it? "sgalov...

Outlook 2003-can't send or receive emails
I have Outlook 2003 with Windows XP Operating system. My ISP is Earthlink. When I try to send/receive in Outlook, I get the error message: The operation failed. An object could not be found. I have gone through my settings, and all are set as recommended. My test message is received in my earthlink mailbox, but I cannot retrieve it in Outlook. I have no trouble with my earthlink mailbox. I have tried using Detect & Repair - no results. How can I fix this? Thanks ...

Searching Recipients' Names for Emails
How do I set Outlook 2002 so that the names in the "Select Names" box will be listed last name first when I'm trying to find names to address my emails? See your answer to the later question posted. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, bioflyer7@yahoo.com asked: | How do I set Outlook 2002 so that the names in | the "Select Names" ...

Out of office assistant does not work from Outlook but ok from web email.
When I click on the Tools->Out of office assistant I get the following error. "The command is not available. See the program documentation about how to use this extension.". It works find if I use web mail. Any thoughts? Mike. ...

Publisher 2003 Bug: Print Preview shows deleted objects.
Print preview in Microsoft Publisher has a serious error: it shows deleted objects. This ocurs whether the changes to the page have been saved or not. The objects are displayed in the preview but not on the edit page, and so they cannot be editied out. This is a (yet another) serious error in Microsoft software and requires urgent correction. Kenneth Spencer ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the bu...

Multiple Reminders no longer show up as a list
I used to get a list in the reminders popup when multiple items were "due", but I did something today to change that view and can't figure out how to change it back. I now get one reminder at a time, with the total # of due items on top. Thanks in advance for any help! John ...

I can not send messages from the web without going into my email.
I can not send anything on the web until I go back into my outlook mail and hit the send button. I never had to do this until I got Vista. Your post makes little sense; using guesswork check your Outlook settings for send/recieve options "Muncher" <Muncher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51ACE582-C7F7-4A54-8AAE-39C566E1CB63@microsoft.com... >I can not send anything on the web until I go back into my outlook mail and > hit the send button. I never had to do this until I got Vista. > ...

CRM Outlook Desktop Client freezes when opening/replying email
Dear all, After the Outlook Client has been installed, the users experience freeze/hang on their Outlook Client. Some of the users are having multiple Outlook profiles. I've tried performing REPAIR on both MSXML 4.0 and CRM Outlook Client. The workaround so far is to disable the CRM add-on on the Outlook Client. My users are also prompted the following messsage each time they attempt to forward or create an email. "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" Could there be a conflicting issue with the existing inbox ...