Emails automatically being marked as Read...

One of the office users is having a problem with emails being automatically
marked as read.
What could be causing this?
He is using Office XP & we are running Exchange 2003.
He has 2 different accounts on his laptop & rules set up to check messages
when they arrive & if they arrive though a specefic account, they are moved
to another folder.
I though the process of checking could mark them as read, but I have set up
rules on my own laptop & do not have this problem.

--
The intelligent man wins his battles with pointed words.
I'm sorry -- I meant sticks. Pointed sticks.

0
mikey117 (63)

Mike <mikey117@hotmail.com> wrote:

> One of the office users is having a problem with emails being
> automatically marked as read.
> What could be causing this?

Sounds like he has an add-in like Google Desktop Search that may be doing
it.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
> Mike <mikey117@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> One of the office users is having a problem with emails being
>> automatically marked as read.
>> What could be causing this?
>
> Sounds like he has an add-in like Google Desktop Search that may be doing
> it.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
No Google desktop & everything unchecked in Tools>Options>Other>Reading Pane

0
mikey117 (63)
8/15/2007 12:32:52 PM
Mike <mikey117@hotmail.com> wrote:

> No Google desktop & everything unchecked in
> Tools>Options>Other>Reading Pane

Well, something, such as a rule or an add-in, is marking them read because
Outlook won't do that on its own.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
> Mike <mikey117@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> No Google desktop & everything unchecked in
>> Tools>Options>Other>Reading Pane
>
> Well, something, such as a rule or an add-in, is marking them read because
> Outlook won't do that on its own.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
There are 2 email accounts on this computer & a rule that checks messages
when they arrive & if they come through a specific account, moves them to a
particular folder, but I have that set up on alot of computers & it's not
marking them as read.
What kind of add-in would do this?

0
mikey117 (63)

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

Problems with creating a newsletter

Outlook Hangs Reading Messages

Sending Email #6

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...

Recurring email #2

Automatically open Detail Entry Window
In SOP Transcation Entry, I'd like the Sales Customer Detail Entry window to open automatically after the customer ID is selected. Is this possible? How would I go about doing this with Modifier or VBA? Extender would come in very handy. You don't need to write a single code. Record a macro using GP macro and embed it on the SOP Entry window using Extender. "Elaine" wrote: > In SOP Transcation Entry, I'd like the Sales Customer Detail Entry window to > open automatically after the customer ID is selected. Is this possible? How > would I go about doi...

Parameters to open SO Manager with your credentials automatically?
Does anyone know of either shortcut target line parameters that would cause you to automatically log in with a specific user/password combo; or even a command prompt parameter? Thanks! ...

Setting up Word to automatically open in Standard mode, zoom=page margins
I've tried to find ways to handle this through the normal.dot file and can't find it... Word wants to open in layout mode and 200% zoom, forcing me to manually select mode and zoom. Any way to get Word to do what I want instead of what it wants? Thanks for your time. ===== Edward Lipsett Fukuoka, Japan Hi Edward: Word will open each document in the view and zoom it as last saved in. The onyl way to have a particular view happen every time is to create an AutoOpen() macro that specifies the view you want. Turn on your Macro Recorder and record yourself setting the view and zo...

Email signature #4
Using Outlook 2000, whenever I send an email my automatic signature is preceded by "AUTOTEXTLIST \s "E-mail Signature"". How do I get rid of it? It doesn't happen when I insert auto text directly. ...

Inbox Icons not changing when email forwarded or replied to
This may seem like an insignicant issue, but when you have hundreds of emails in your inbox, it is extremely important to know which ones you have forwarded and which ones you have replied to. Unfortunately, my inbox icons do not change when I reply to a message or forward a message. They also remain as the "Read Message" icon. I have searched the Knowledge Base, but I have been unable to find an answer to this seemingly simple issue. I am using Outlook 2000. Appreciate any assistance, James ...

Exchange problem while emailing from TS
I have a published application via TS and Citrix Metaframe XPe. OCCASSIONALY, when a message is sent from MAPI client configured in the TS environment (Outlook 2003) it will change the SMTP address, by concatinanting the address. For example: user@domain.com is the intended address, when I look at the Message Tracking Center on the Exchange Server it's attempting to send to user@domain.com:USER@DOMAIN.COM. Where is the :USER@DOMAIN.COM, which is being added to the end of the SMTP coming from ? ...

outlook 2007, exchange 2007 in SBS 2008 email attachment extensions changed
Day one after rolling out SBS2008 after migrating from SBS200, A number of users are complaining about Word doc's arriving as .do_ and pdf's arriving as .pd_ which need to be renamed to work as intended. Have googled and binged to no avail. Forefront wasn't installed, and get-attachmentfilterlist commands in the Exchange power shell don't return anything that clarifies the situation. Anyone any ideas where this is coming from? Thanks AC You sure you have no other mail filtering? If you have no forefront.. it doesn't sound to me like it's the SBS ...

Transferring the text of an email from notebook to desktop?
I can access files from my notebook on my desktop via my wireless connection. I have Office 2007 on both machines. What would be the best way to access the text of an email on the notebook from my desktop. Would (can) the context of the email in outlook on the notebook be copied or transferred to a file that I can access from my desktop? Any help would be very much appreciated Jerry You could open the Outlook PST on the notebook from Outlook on the Desktop using File | Open ... (ensure you are sharing the folder the Outlook PST is in). Only Outlook on the Notebook could be open at ...

Replying to emails #5
I'm using Outlook 2007. Can someone tell me where is the setting I uncheck to not reply to messages in the same format that they were sent? I can't find it for the life of me. Thanks in advance. Wy "newtechie" <newtechie@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23ehsbToQIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook 2007. Can someone tell me where is the setting I > uncheck to not reply to messages in the same format that they were sent? > I can't find it for the life of me. > > Thanks in advance. > > Wy > AFAIK there IS no...