emailing to groups or catagories

How do I set Outlook 2000 to send a email to everybody in
a group or catagory? Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

Try selecting the group header and then using Actions | New Message to
Contact.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:75b401c3e788$2358b350$a001280a@phx.gbl,
Richard wrote:

> How do I set Outlook 2000 to send a email to everybody in
> a group or catagory? Thanks.

Emailing outside LAN
I have Windows Small Business Server 2003 with Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, and MS Exchange Server. I have an outside mail server over the internet. However, to set up my server I had to use my domain name in my MS Exchange Server to get emails from my internet server. My problem is we are unable to email our employees that work outside of our office. MS Exchange server will not allow us to send emails with the same "@domain.com" to anyone outside of our LAN in our office. How can I fix this or by pass the exchange server? You should ask this in the Exchange newsgroup: h...

URGENT
I am not an advanced user of Outlook 2003 and need to send out mass email messages of the same letter. I have created an email-merge data which works fine up to that point, but having problems sending to the CC: and BCC: fields. How do I add a CC: or BCC: Reciepient to my mass email-merge letter. I've already created the data containing all email reciepients. However, I also need to add a CC: and BCC: to my bosses. But when I did a test it only went out to the reciepients and no CC or BCC; was included. Plus, when click on merge- email... the messages went out automatically with...

How can I move emails from a Windows Mobile device to Outlook
Upgraded to MS Outlook 2007 Office Pro (alas!) on my Vista desktop. Before doing it i backed up all my critical emails, calendar, contacts etc to my Trion Pocket PC PDA running Windows Mobile 6. Outlook install went pear-shaped and corrupted the old Outlook file - and its backup. I eventually (thanks to having inadvertently signed up to Plaxo) got my contacts and calendar back into Outlook. BUT I can't move the emails from PPC back to Outlook - and all the software I've tried seems only to be interested in moving them from the desktop PC to the Pocket PC, not the other way round. Any i...

Email Tracking
I have certain issues related to Email Tracking in CRM 3.0 I have one common email id i.e. customercare@mydomain.com, to which all emails get delivered. I have arranged to appear all these emails in a Queue, which is available from Workplace option. Now suppose any one of the user Accepts the Email from Queue, it moves to that user's In-Progress Queue. Upto this the functionality is working. Now suppose that user replies to the message, then the email should goes from user@mydomain.com, whereas I want it as customercare@mydomain.com should be the out email id. The other problem is ther...

Cannot Send Emails Internally to Mail-enabled Public Folders
Hi everyone, I have difficulties to send emails to our mail-enabled PFs. The NDR message says "The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused". These folders have assigned Anonymous to Contributor role and configured as "This folder is available to" "All users with access permission". (kb319753) My exchange mailbox (on the same Exchange server), as the owner of the PFs, can drag-n-drop emails or create new posts, but cannot send via emails. But Internet emails are able to reach these PFs. Is there anything I missed? Tha...

Missing Junk Email Folder in Exchange 2003 Mailbox (Outlook and OWA)
I have a user that is running Outlook 2003 and we are running Exchange 2003 Standard SP2 with IMF enabled and configured to send all junk candidates to the built-in junk email folder. The user is a long-time employee and has a mailbox that is probably 4 or more years old, so it has been upgraded from Outlook XP and Exchange 2000. I do not know how long ago this problem started, as he has just noticed and brought this to my attention, but he is missing his Junk Email built-in folder in both Outlook and Outlook Web Access. Outlook /resetfolders did not help. I can't find any information ...

deletion of an email
Hi All, Please help, I have configured my outlook to receive emails from the MAPI server, all goes well except that when i delete or the emails goes into specific folders after the rules have been applied, there is still a copy of the same email in the inbox but not active, with a line accross the header. How do i set it so that the inactive copy does not show in the inbox after deletion or removal to specific directory. Please help ...

Outlook 2007
I am trying to set up a receipt to where if someone sends me an email, my email will automatically write them back some kind of acknowledgement email advising them that their email was received and will be answered in 2-3 business days. Any ideas if this can be done???? Thanks!!! "Senor Martinez" <SenorMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8635126F-BD00-4B87-BEA2-F5F39AADEF64@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set up a receipt to where if someone sends me an email, my > email will automatically write them back some kind of acknowledgement...

Email from subform
I have the following code on a command button to e-mail the names on the subform but I a runtime error 3021 no current record. I cannot figure out why when I know that there are records on the subform. Private Sub Command37_Click() Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set rs = Me.FrmSubRealtors1.Form.RecordsetClone Dim tostr As String With rs Do Until RecordsetClone.EOF If Not IsNull(![Email]) Then tostr = tostr & "," & ![Email] End If .MoveNext Loop .Close End With Set rs = Nothing DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , tost...

somewhat unrelated issue : encrypted email alert
Hello I have a user who tried to send the Winzip executable via email and since the day he sent it symantec AV (corporate ed, version 9) sends this email out daily: Symantec AVF detected that you sent a message with an encrypted attachment Subject of the message: None Recipient of the message: user@domain.com (not the real email address, changed just to avoid all the spam bots) Encrypted attachment: winzip63.exe Would anyone know how to resolve this, for it keeps sending this email daily, but there is nothing in the user's outbox? If someone can clarify the issue that would be g...

sum for each group
Using Excel 2000 Column A contains user names Column B contains their department Column C thru X contains number of years in certain field I would like to return a sum at the bottom of the list for each field column. I want a sum of years experience for each department Thanks in advance Example: Col A Col B Col C Name Dept. Years John Doe 1 4 Jane Doe 1 2 Jake Doe 2 8 Lou Doe 1 1 Jim Doe 2 10 Paul Doe 3 20 Dan Doe 4 14 Ray Doe 3 12 At bott...

Public Calendars not in Calendars Group
RE: Outlook 2007, Exchange 2007 I have Outlook 2007 and I have three of our company's public calendars in my "Calendar">"Other Calendars" group in outlook. I cannot get these calendars to display in a coworker's Outlook 2007. Her version of outlook is the same, and we both have professional. Her copy is an Upgrade from 2000, and mine was a full install. I can see the calendars in her outlook folder list, I've tried "add to favorites", and I've tried dragging and dropping, but none of these methods work. Pleae help! Thank...

Distribution group out of office reply
Hi all, Is there any way to configure an out of office reply using a distribution group? I have a generic email address i.e. info@ that distributes to several key staff. My client now wishes to have an auto reply saying the usual ... you are important to us etc. message. Thanks in advance for any help offered. Mike K On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 02:26:40 -0700, Mike K <MikeK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Is there any way to configure an out of office reply using a distribution >group? I have a generic email address i.e. info@ that distributes to several &g...

URGENT
Can I install a second exchange, only for the Email Router, leaving the mailboxes in the first one? I'm trying to troubleshoot the problems related with a clustered Exchange. Can I work arround this way? Thanks -- Charly The router needs to be installed on whatever machine servers as your SMTP gateway. If the users are partitioned somehow tha tthe SMTP taffic will come in through that ned Exchange server, than yes, you can do this. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:27:01 -0700, Ca...

disclaymer group policy
hi there, does anybody of you know, if it=B4s possible to add a=20 disclaimer in outlook 2000 per group policy. i don=B4t want the users to change it themselfes. greetings from austria peter Do you use Exchange Server? If yes, then there are a number of solutions that are server based so the user cannot alter the information - see this page for some ideas: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/content_control.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out read...

Distribution Group cannot belong any AG
My case problem is apparently in native mode a distribution group cannot belong to ANY administrative group except the default one (or in the case of the defaut being removed i.e. First Administrative Group, then the first AG itfinds). There is not place to change it or select which administrative group the distribution group lives. Additionally this causes problems with the address creation via recipient update policy as our RUP uses the "LegacyExchangeDN" field to distinguish between administrative groups. So pretty much EVERY dist group created end up in the default admin gro...

changing email address for people in the address book
Outlook 2003 I don't use Outlook myself but I have customers who do. So, I don't have much experience with it...... Today we were trying to change the email address of a person in the email address book. It could be highlighted but it couldn't be changed. How can email addresses in the Address Book be changed? On a related topic, in Outlook Express one can show an "email" address and a "reply to" address. Where is this possible in Outlook? I can't find it. Thanks, Fred There is no address book in Outlook. Enter or edit data in the Contacts ...

Grouping difference between 2003 and 2007
In Excel 2003, when you right clicked a numeric field, and selected group... you would be given a dialog where you could enter the start, end and increment for the PivotTable. In 2007, Group does not present any dialog, and instead complains that it can not group the field. If the entire set of data is selected, it places it into a single group. Is there similar functionality in Excel 2007? How can you set up a group by increment without doing the grouping by hand? ...

security group/distribution list administration
please take a look at the thread below. i posted this earlier today to the AD group. someone suggested to check here as well to possibly find a workaround instead of having to create and maintain two separate groups. thanks. ------------------------------------------ So far I know you have to create two groups, but check the exchange group, they may have some smart tricks. -- Regards Christoffer Andersson No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup ------------------------------------------------ http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips "toto" <toto@discussions.mic...

Email bounceback message
Hello I am using CRM 3.0. When our users send out emails and they get bounced back, how come the users do not receive a non deliver notification in CRM? New info re bounce back message: When our users send an email from CRM 3.0, their bounceback message does not go to Outllook and/or CRM. If they paste the email address in Outlook then send it and the email is not in fact sent, they do get a bounce-back. ...

Email over slow link question.
K, this is a silly question. My boss asked me if a user has dialup and checks his email, is there a way to only download the text in the message rather than say a large attachment thats comes along with the message. SO it doesn't take forever to download the email. I replied with NO. You cannot download just the text in an email, or just the headers in the email, because everything is included as one in the email. Including the attachment. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks I stand corrected, I found the solution. >-----Original Message----- >K, this is a silly question...

Same email in Inbox over-and-over again
Dear smart guys, I am new to Exchange and Windows Server and am implementing a domain setup that involves the clients using my Small Business Server (w/ exchange) as my POP server. The clients are all running Outlook 2003. We are using the server as the POP server in Outlook because there is another server in another domain as the Exchange server. I recently found out that Outlook only supports one Exchange server. Anwyays, the problem that I am having is, when someone sends email to another person on the local network using username@domain.local The other person will receiv...

How do I set up an email to be sent repeatedly?
How do I set up an email to be sent repeatedly? Take a look here, it may help: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, kscho asked: | How do I set up an email to be sent repeatedly? ...

windows mail cannot send email
i can't send email, but i can receive it Subject 'Re: Stony Brook ID#', Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 SIZE 104857600', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced, then uncheck the SSL option. Your server does not support that option. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "lizzie" <lizzie@di...

Your administrator has disabled this command through group policy
Office 2007 in Options / Advanced / Display. The show this number of Recent Documents is greyed out and has an information bubble which states:- “Your administrator has disabled this command through group policy” I am the administrator and I have no idea how I managed to turn this off. Or what and where group policy is Can anyone tell me how I can turn this back on please? ...