Email - Word format

I use Word as my email format. How do I display the
horizontal ruler on a new email message I'm trying to
send?
0
usacc (9)

Help please
Hi I'm running outlook 2000. I have a considerable number of old emails that outlook will not let me delete, I get the message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error, if the problem presists restart outlook". Obviously I have tried re-starting outlook but this doesn't help. I have also run the inbox repair tool which does not report any errors. Is there any way I can work on and edit the 'outlook.pst' file directly? These emails are annoying and I would like to get back to a clean listing. Any assistance is much appreciated. Cheers Jem How l...

Cell formatting behaviour question
Hey guys, I have 2 related cases that I dont understand how to get Excel formatting to work: 1. If I imported or copied rows of data (numerical) from another file (Word or Access) into Excel, the data is presented as raw numbers in each cell. Now I apply a formatting (i.e. I want comma separation for thousands, etc.) and it will not show up. However, if i then double-click inside a cell (as if to edit the contents directly), then hit enter the formatting I want shows up... but only that cell. I have hundreds of rows and I really need to force excel to display the formatting i want immediately...

Document Map Format Issue
I have a large document that has about 230 pages in it. As I built the document I would use the document map pane to help manage the document. As the document grew in size, I started to have problems with Document Map. If the Doc Map window was open when I attempted to open the my document, the document map would not contain the proper information with respect to my headings. All text in the doc map window is left justtified and it appears to be randomly including test in the document map that are not designated header styles. If I closed the doc map window then closed word, ...

Junk Emails
We are using Exchange Server 2000 SP3. Recently there have been many junk emails coming to our domain. Please let us know how we can stop such junk emails in exchange server. Secondly, when we click in Current Sessions in Exchange Systems Manager, we get a message SMTP Configuration window saying "The system cannot find the path specified." Please if anybody can help us to stop the junk emails of 1 kb. There are more than 1000 such emails in our Q by which our server is always busy sending / receiving unwanted emails. Regards, Athar -- Athar Sagri atharsagri <atharsagr...

Converting access report to pdf format
hi I wrote a database that, among other things, prints a variety of reports for my clients. Once each report is done, I run a program called pdfWriter to convert each report to a pdf file. (When this program is installed, I select the printer called pdfWriter then print the file. It doesn't actually print a physical copy but saves the file in pdf format.) Then I e-mail these pdf reports to the clients. What I'm looking for are ways that I could automate this process from Access. Can this be done? If so, could someone point me in the right direction. Any clues would be grea...

Outlook & Word
I've just started using Oulook. I have the latest version installed and Office 2003. Every time I compose a message, or reply to a message, it's using Word as the editor. How do I change this and use just Oulook. Also, from a Word document, when I click on "send to", it pastes my document in the body of the e-mail, instead of attaching it to the e-mail. What should I do to: 1) Use Outlook as the editor; 2) Prevent it from copying my Word doc to the body of my message? Any assistance greatly appreciated! Tools->Options->Mail Format - uncheck the option to use W...

Automatic Date in Word Document
I need to create a document that I will be sent as an attachment to an email. I want the document to automatically reflect the date the document was sent. I do want to open the document itself. How do I do this? Thank you. -- valerie The only dates that are available to you are 1. A date that you manually enter into the document 2. The date on which the document was created (by use of the { CREATEDATE } field 3. The date that the document was last saved (by use of the { SAVEDATE } field 4. The date upon which the document was printed ( by use of the { PRINTDATE...

when i try to type on my microsoft word, it tell in wortten word
when i try to type on my microsoft word, it tell in wortten word MODIFCATION IS NOT ALLOWED BECAUSE THE DOCUMNT IS LOCKED. HELP, PLEAS..... ...

Duplicating text in Word 2007
Hi, I've got a template I previously did for Word 2003 where I basically had several {macrobutton nomacro Type something here} fields. Now, in Word 2007, I see I have the option to actually add a Text content control, which looks fantastic :) BUT, is there a way of making it so that if I type something in one content control, the same text value is automatically added into the second one as well? Or even a third? How can I do that? Found out that if I insert a comment field and copy that field, they both work as I want! Yay! But, the comment field I insert via the Insert...

How can I update endnote cross-references in Word 2007 ?
I created a long document with many endnotes and some cross-references to these endnotes. When I insert a new endnote somewhere in the document, the following endnote numbers change but not the cross-reference numbers. This seems to be a bug in Word 2007 as it worked perfectly in my previous Word version. How can I update endnote cross-references in Word 2007 ? Ctrl+A, F9 should work in all versions of Word. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Joe56" <Joe56@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Outlook 2007
I am trying to set up a receipt to where if someone sends me an email, my email will automatically write them back some kind of acknowledgement email advising them that their email was received and will be answered in 2-3 business days. Any ideas if this can be done???? Thanks!!! "Senor Martinez" <SenorMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8635126F-BD00-4B87-BEA2-F5F39AADEF64@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set up a receipt to where if someone sends me an email, my > email will automatically write them back some kind of acknowledgement...

Converting Publisher Files to PDF Format
When I try to convert Publisher files to PDF format I get a message that says "The size of the paper you have chosen is too small to show the printer markings", but when my commercial printing guy takes my same Publisher files and converts them, it works. What am I doing wrong. I've already talked to Adobe and they think that my Acrobat Distiller is set up properly. I have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard, Windows XP Professional, Publisher 2003 and an IBM desktop with 260 gigabytes of memory ediejensen wrote: > When I try to convert Publisher files to PDF format I get a mess...

Custum Cell Format
I have an array formula which automatically summarizes all available values of a certain column, in ascending order. The summary is fixed to a maximum of 8 cells and in many cases it uses less than the available 8 columns. Is it possible to format the cells by showing a 0 when the result/cell is empty In other cells in the sheet the cells show empty instead of a zero by using the custom format of 0;-0;"" Now I want an empty cell to show 0 Thanks, W -- willemeulen Blink1 *Willem van der Meulen* BSc Soil & Water Eng (Netherlands) ----------------------------------------...

How do I change the category axis number formatting in a Pivot Ch.
I have created a Pivot Chart from Excel data (Excel 2000) and I need to figure out how to change the category axis number formatting. Currently, the dates in the chart are showing up in long form (01/01/2005) and I would like to change this to something shorter like 1/01. I changed the formatting of the data in the original raw data and then in the Pivot Table, but neither of these seemed to change the Pivot Chart formatting. When I right click on the category axis, I do not get the option the change the number formatting (I do for the value axis however). ...

Problems setting sending and receiving emails
I keep getting this message when i try to send an email. I am not sure if my windows mail is set up correctly. Help I do not know what to do. The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'test', Account: 'windows mail', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Account: 'windows mail', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC17 "POP3" and "SMTP...

Saving Outlook Email As Text File Extract
Hello Outlook Group: I'm normally an Access and Excel VBA programmer, but my client wants me to scrape the text from a select email address and insert it into an Access memo column. Does anyone know how to configure Outlook (VBA approach would be fine) so that when an email is received in a selected account, the message would also be extracted to a directory as a text file and then the Outlook message would be moved to some history folder. Once the text file exists in a predefined folder , I will just have Access periodically check the folder for files, grab the text, ...

EMail, subject, font
Now we have a problem. CRM mail works fine. We can send and receive e-mail. Everything is working fine except that the CRM Email router can not determine if an incoming email is relevant to Microsoft CRM when email subject contains non latin symbols (cyrillic for example). We can send email with cyrillic symbols in subject. Recipient (Contact) receives it. He can read it. When he replies we receive email in Outlook but not in CRM. But we receive email in CRM if recipient completely deletes subject (not GUID) and retype the subject in latin during reply. We also receive email in CRM ...

Exch 5.5
New spam method: * for any given email server - format the header with an INVALID recipient - format the header so that the "Reply-to:" is the intended victim on the spammer's list This allows them to relay off of any server because the server will reply with a non-deliverable report returning the original message to the address in the "Reply-to:" field. Spam accomplished. So, if the incoming email is addressed to an invalid recipient (nosuchuser@mydomain.com), is there a way to force Exchange 5.5 to automatically delete the email to prevent an NDR from be...

Conditional formatting sort of?
Is there a formula that can be written to highlight / shade a row or column. I know that conditional formatting is one way to do it however, I am having difficulty writing a formula that works. On a spread sheet I have data in A11:S387, in column C is either a "Y" or "N", if for example C12 is "N" I would like to highlight / shade the entire all of row 12. Any help would be appreciated. Michelle select row by clicking on the row number 12. Select Format | Conditional Formatting... Change Condition 1 to "Formula is" and in the box enter: ...

Outlook won't open first Word attachment
Trying to help a user with the following problem - any suggestions? When he tries to open Word 2000 attachments in Outlook 2002, he receives the installing prompt from Word, it goes through the entire install, then opens to a blank black screen, he then closes out of Word and receives the error "The System cannot find the file specified." When he goes back to Outlook and clicks on the next Word file attachment, it opens correctly in Word. However, this installation issue happens the first time each morning. Other users in the office do not have this problem. Both Outloo...

Unwanted formating (excel 2000)
We have to import a file (CSV) where data in a column is in "999:99" or "99:99" format. For unknown to me reason the built in logic treats that data as Time and Excel converts some data in this column into wrong format. For example 23:25 will stays 23:25 25:00 will be converted into 25:00:00 120:00 will be converted into 120:00:00 When I format column as text 23:25 will be converted into 0.975695 25:00 will be converted into 1.041667 120:00 will be converted into 5 How can I disable this madness? Thanks MH If you rename your .csv file to .txt, then when you open th...

Calendar formatting #2
I'm creating our annual calendar. I created a one-month calendar, then updated the formatting, including the color schemes & the items to which each main or accent color is assigned and the "styles & formatting" for text, then I selected "synchronize formatting" as instructed in the help files, and after all of that was done, I changed the date range to create a year's worth of calendars. Not only do the changes not synchronize, but the next months show up with a variety of differing text styles, and accent colors... to make things even more frustr...

I want to block sending email to an address
I have a co-worker named John Smith and a customer named John Smith. I keep sending emails to my co-worker instead of my customer. I want to block sending messages to co-worker John Smith. How do I do that? Change the way the name appears in your address book, or manually put in the email address? "Cynthia" <Cynthia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28AFE084-FC9A-46B2-98CA-D50150941C88@microsoft.com... :I have a co-worker named John Smith and a customer named John Smith. I keep : sending emails to my co-worker instead of my customer. I want ...

formatting pivot chart bar colour
Hello all, I am trying to create a timeline that shows cycle times of a machin in graphical form. At present I have the table set out as below, I then create a pivo chart showing the seperate processes stacked giving a total time. When the process number is the same (say load) I would like all part of the stack that are procees 1 to be the same colour, at the momen all the different processes show a different colour. I know you can change them individually but I may have hundreds o charts to do and would only be feasible if the colours were automati according to say the process number. ste...

Can't attach photos to email
I have Vista. I just tried to email someone & I attached some scanned photos from "Pictures" but keep getting a message saying that "some of the files could not be found and won't be sent." I closed out all other applications. Suggestions? shedrums wrote: > I have Vista. I just tried to email someone & I attached some scanned photos > from "Pictures" but keep getting a message saying that "some of the files > could not be found and won't be sent." I closed out all other applications. > Suggestions? You get ...