Email with attached email in shared mailbox

    I have a user that is unable to open attached Outlook email message in a
shared mailbox more than once without closing out & reopening Outlook. She
is using Outlook 2003 SP3 (11.8206.8202) under Windows XP SP2.

    The user is able to open a message and open any attached email messages
once without any problems. However, if she closes the attached email message
and attempts to reopen it, she immediately receives 'Operation Failed'. If
she copies the message with the attached messages to her main Outlook
mailbox, she can open the attached messages as many times as she wishes. In
addition, it appears to only affect attached Outlook email messages. She can
open Word, Excel, Acrobat, etc attachments from the shared mailbox as many
times as she likes.

    I have deleted (from the registry) her profile and re-created it. I have
fully uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Office 2003 SP3. After the
uninstall of Office, I rebooted & deleted
'HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook' before the reinstall. I have
cleaned out the Outlook Secure Temp Folder. I have deleted all files under
'Temporary Internet Files'. Unfortunately, none of these has resolved the
issue. Any advice or suggestions appreciated.

outlook 2007 no problem receiving email but problem sending
I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending. I get the message Sending reported error 0x80042109. Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue receiving this message contact your server administrator or ISP. Any ideas please. Thanks, Charlie Have you verified with your corporate mail admin already that the settings have been correct for usage outside of the company network and if this is indeed fully supported by your corporation? If so,...

I just activated office2003 S&T ver, cannot reply to emails
my reply icons are grayed out, I can see all incoming msg, but cannot reply In news:28E0E702-5CE2-4C2A-B033-EC618ECF90EE@microsoft.com, txcowboy <txcowboy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > my reply icons are grayed out, I can see all incoming msg, but cannot > reply What type of e-mail account do you use? Are you running all the Office/Outlook updates, including SP1? I got it resolved. Don't know how for sure. I am running MS office outlook 2003 I think I needed to authenticate to MSN Passport by login in. before it allowed me to do replies. All this security and I ...

Exchange 2003 SBS Attachment filtering in admin
Folks: I have set up SBS 2003 / Exchange on our server some time ago. I have been trying to find the location to add an additional attachment to the exclude list on incoming mail. (Attachment filtering). I have looked for some time and cannot find the UI to do this in the system manager. Could someone point this location out to me? Thanks d "D S" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uPeCkbUrGHA.4992@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Folks: > > I have set up SBS 2003 / Exchange on our server some time ago. I have > been trying to find the location to a...

Inserting the email
Hi There I have a data base of users at our company and wish to know how to insert "@(emailaddress)" after every user in all 5000+ cells and is it possible to import this list to outlook ? please help Nik excell newbie Are they all @thesame.com? If your data is in one column, I'd insert a new column and use a formula: =a1&"@emailaddress.com Copy|paste special|values and toss the original column. And if you save the file as a .csv (comma separated values), then you can specify that inside Outlook for importing. (I might even export the existing contacts as a ....

My Exchange server will not make new mailboxes
I had one e-mail server on this domain it was giving us trouble so I installed a new server on the domain and made it an exchange server. I moved all the mailboxes that where in use to the new e-mail server. I wait two weeks and shut down the old server, but now when I create a new user in active directory and tell it to create a mailbox it looks as if it creates one. When I look in the properties of the user and go to the e-mail address tab it is blank. When I right click on the users name and go to exchange task it gives me the option to move the mailbox to the old server which is ...

Calendar/address book: sharing folder with only 1 .PST for n users
I'm going to share a folder on my file server for ten specific users where I create unique .PST file. For example I create test.pst and I assign full rights to this one for my 10 users. For every client, can I link MS Outlook to test.pst ? In this way I could use ONLY sharing calendar and Address book ? I'm not interesting to use mailbox on this pst, because for mailboxes I can use local pst for each machine. "Riccardo" <ric.castellani@alice.it> wrote in message news:990c53ca-cae4-4146-ace7-fec4287c7771@m73g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > I'm going to share a fo...

Strange outlook receiving email problem
New to this forum, hopefully you guys can help. One of my customers was having a weird issue... the whole building is on a network/domain. Everyone is set up to use outlook/ pop3. Nobody is having problems except two employees. For some reason they can't receive emails from each other. Using web mail everything works fine. Creating emails from the web mail the email is sent and received in outlook. But sending emails from outlook do not make it to the other persons outlook. Now the weird part is that these two people communicate just fine with everyone else. They can send and receive emai...

Uprage to 2003 from 2000
Hello, Over the weekend I have installed an exchange 2003 server within the same domain as an exchange 2000 server. All is going well except this morning I am getting alot of reports from users that they're emails are bouncing back with a "mailbox over the size limit error" I normally hear of these all the time, but I'm finding that this morning I've gotten a lot of complaints. When I look at the users mailbox in ESM, for some reason alot of them are much larger than the size limit that they have on their mailboxes. For instance, one user has a limit of 350000 yet...

Default email server
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I am changing from cable broadband to ADSL2. Internet and email from my new address are working fine but I cannot get mail from my old address to forward through the new server. It appears that the old setting has a default to the old server that I cannot over ride. The sending mail setting in the old account has been changed to the new setting. Anything that I also need to do? Thanks in anticipation On 2010-03-03 00:54:42 -0500, Gary_Lawrence@officeformac.com said: > I cannot get mai...

Re-Reciving emails.
Dear All How can I receive only newermails after reinstalling my outlook ?? Accidently I have to reinstall my microsoft Outlook. So I saved my mails in other folder. After reinstalling and opening again my old mails I started to receive to e- mails. But at that time I have to receive emils already present in my inbox. So I have to wait long long time to read my newer mail. So please tell me if there any way to receive only new mails after office reinstallation.... Thanks... Zaw Ye There is no way to do this. The information about which messages have already been receiv...

REPLY AS who email was TO.
"User A" recieves "User B". That is emails sent to "User B" are being forwarded to "User A". "User A" also has permissions to "Send on behalf" of "User B". When "User A" replys to an email that was addressed to "User B", it appears to come from "User A" unless he manually selects the reply to be from "UserB". How can I make ANY replys to "User B"'s emails appear to come from "User B" WITHOUT User A having to manually change the default? (Ofcoarse, when &...

MSN email acc in Outlook 2003
Hi. I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003 to retrieve my emails. The error: Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported error (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs even though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook and it still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on...

limit the size of imbound/outbound emails
We use Exchange 2003, how can we limit the size of emails coming imbound and going outbound? Thanks AW Yes. See article Q322679: How to set limits for messages in Exchange Server. "SW" wrote: > We use Exchange 2003, how can we limit the size of emails coming imbound and > going outbound? > > Thanks > > AW ...

Quick Campaign: More than 1 email is sent out
Hi All, I have big problem in the email campaign module. Everytime I run quick campaign, there will be more than 1 email is sent out to each contact record. Currently, I find out that there are 3 emails sent for each contact. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks. On 25 jul, 13:14, Gunady <Gun...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > I have big problem in the email campaign module. Everytime I run quick > campaign, there will be more than 1 email is sent out to each contact > record. Currently, I find out that there are 3 emails sent for each > contact. Does anyone ...

rule to move sent mail to 2nd mailbox sent folder
We have Outlook 2002 (enterprise). I have my own mail box and in addition, another shared mailbox. What I need to be able to do is have a rule set up so that when I reply to an email from the shared mail box, that shows the from email address as ''my name and 'on behalf of; 'shared mail box'' it moves the sent email from my own personal email to the sent mail folder on the shared email folder. I also need to set up a rule for any emails that are deleted from the shared email box are put into the 'shared email delete box'. I have looked at the rules and can&#...

Email Notifications #3
I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everything works fine, but I have complaints that the email notification in the Web Outlook Access is not working for AD users. It works for admin accounts but not a standard user, do they need to be in a certian group in order for it to work for them. It does work for them as long as the Outlook Web Access window is maximized and on top of everthing else. On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:30:04 -0800, New email notifications in OWA <New email notifications in OWA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everyt...

Outlook cannot 'send' email????????
Hi Suddenly (it was working a few days ago) my Outlook 2003 on windows XP cannot 'send' email. It gets a permissions error. I have no problem downloading email, I can even add new contacts and appointments to the Outlook servers but emails will not go. I do not have this problem in Outlook 2001 for Mac or on another Windows XP box with Outlook 2003 and as I said it was working fine on this machine until a few days ago. Does anyone have any ideas????? Robin What is the exact error? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

can not save or view attachments
I can seem to be able to save or view attachments the reason is that it greyed out what do i do to ungrey it?? Thanks See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm to learn how to get the attachments off. One popular method is Attachment Options from www.slovaktech.com For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm If you use OE, hit Forward on a message and open or save the attachment, then close the message. Or disable it using tools | options | security. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 i...

Outlook constantly sends Phantom email
Running Outlook XP, I have no messages in outbox yet there is a 'sending message 1 of 1' indicator. It shows up every time it checks for new mail. I get a mail send error each time after it times out. Is this some sign of virus? Jerry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Running Outlook XP, I have no messages in outbox yet > there is a 'sending message 1 of 1' indicator. It shows > up every time it checks for new mail. I get a mail send > error each time after it times out. > > Is this some sign of virus? More likely it's an undeliv...

Saving Attachments Default Setting
Whenever I save attachments to emails in Outlook Express it always defaults to My Documents File. This is very tiresome as this is not the file I want to use. Everytime I save attachements I have to browse for the correct file. I am sure it used to remember the file you last used and default to that but since I installed an update a couple of months ago it just goes back to My Documents. Help! ...

Email looping problem
Hi, We have recently taken over another company and I need to get the users at the new companies site to be able to receive emails in the format of our companies email e.g. both sites need to receive emails sent to joe.bloggs@xyz.com We have setup recipient policy on the new companies exchange to accept emails for our companies domain. We have also set the SMTP virtual server at each site to "forward email with unresolved recipients" to the public IP address of the other. The problem here is that when an email is sent to a user that doesn't exist both exchange servers w...

Total no of sent email
In Exchange 2003, a) Anyway to track which user has sent out the most email or least email(regardless of internal or external)? b) i can view the user storage used. anyway to export it as i want to file as report. "2Tian" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote: >In Exchange 2003, >a) Anyway to track which user has sent out the most email or least >email(regardless of internal or external)? The message tracking logs hold the information you want. Now all you need is a way to extract that information, store it, and arrange the storage in a way that will let you query it fo...

Workflow Rule for Allowing Email
I want to update all of our current accounts with a manual workflow rule that will update the contact method on the administration tab in accounts to reflect "Allow" for Email. When trying to setup this rule, I set the "donotemail" field to false (0), but when I apply that rule, it doesn't change anything (I've also tried "donotbulkemail"). Any ideas how to make a workflow rule that will update this field from "do not allow" to "allow". -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.pre...

EMail replies 12-12-05
Hi, We are trying to setup a support process using CRM 3.0 Pro. A queue has been created and is being populated using the router from e-mails coming in to support@company.com. When people are replying to e-mail in this folder the reply-to address is set to the logged on user. Is there an easy way to define that the reply-to address should be support@company.com for specific e-mails? Regards, Manso ...

Can't send attachments #3
Whenever I try to send any attachment, Outlook 2003 won't finish the send 'task'. There are no other programs running that would restrict this. Messages without Attachments send OK though. How can I fix this? ...