Email with attached email in shared mailbox

    I have a user that is unable to open attached Outlook email message in a
shared mailbox more than once without closing out & reopening Outlook. She
is using Outlook 2003 SP3 (11.8206.8202) under Windows XP SP2.

    The user is able to open a message and open any attached email messages
once without any problems. However, if she closes the attached email message
and attempts to reopen it, she immediately receives 'Operation Failed'. If
she copies the message with the attached messages to her main Outlook
mailbox, she can open the attached messages as many times as she wishes. In
addition, it appears to only affect attached Outlook email messages. She can
open Word, Excel, Acrobat, etc attachments from the shared mailbox as many
times as she likes.

    I have deleted (from the registry) her profile and re-created it. I have
fully uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Office 2003 SP3. After the
uninstall of Office, I rebooted & deleted
'HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook' before the reinstall. I have
cleaned out the Outlook Secure Temp Folder. I have deleted all files under
'Temporary Internet Files'. Unfortunately, none of these has resolved the
issue. Any advice or suggestions appreciated.

Mailbox on Exchange Front-End Server
Can you create a mailbox on an Exchange 2003 Front-End Server? When you make Exchange a FE server, it then assumes all internet protocols are to be proxied to the BE servers. It can't proxy to itself. If you put mailboxes on it, only MAPI connections could reach them. Depending on your deployment, there may be security implications of allowing that. Can you? I think so. Should you? Probably not. William "John Blake" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19f8501c44d87$e00c6950$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can you create a mailbox on an Exchange 20...

Unable to create email rules! Any suggestions...??
Hi, I would like to create a rule for Outlook 2003 email, but I find no "rules and alerts" option under the "Tools" menu. It is entirely absent, not grayed out. (When I've looked up how to create a rule, it states you click on "rules and alerts" under "Tools") Would appreciate suggestions. Do you have a mail account installed? Are you in the in-box when you look for this option? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wi...

why can't I get outlook to send when I'm emailing a webpage?
Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately opens with the email template but it is always missing the send button and there is no option under actions to send it either. What is going on? Thanks!!! If you tell us your Outlook version and Windows version, and exactly what you're doing to send the page, then you'll have a better chance of getting a response. The Internet Explorer version might also be helpful. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "reinadelmar" wrote: > Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately...

Shared/Group Email
I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar system and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization could both post and read mail items in. Is there a way in Outlook that this can also be done? thanks "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEA38DD5-1895-455B-BAA4-0D5FB8DE5D4A@microsoft.com... > I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar > system > and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization > could > both ...

Deny Access to Mailbox
Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific users? Essentially my problem is that I want to prevent dom admin A from being able to read dom admin B email from either Outlook or directly from the server. Thanks. neither domain admin should be able to access the other's mailbox...what version of Exchange? do they have SA explicitly or via a group? "Tyler" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008b01c3b8f4$20379370$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific > users? > > Essentially my ...

Where can I delete an old/incorrect email address?
I'm using Outlook 2003 So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book. Her email is SW@...... Later her email changes to SAW@...... I make the change in my contacts. But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why? How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever? (Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?) Thanks Gary use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn "jabadoodle" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Size Limitations for Attachments send with Outlook E-Mail
Any attachment larger than 100 kb does not send when attempted using Outlook 2003. Please advise as to how one can adjust the size limits for outgoing attachments? Thank you. "Tim" <tgregoire@craneandhoistsales.com> wrote in message news:080201c3dea4$4a835670$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any attachment larger than 100 kb does not send when > attempted using Outlook 2003. Please advise as to how > one can adjust the size limits for outgoing attachments? > Thank you. Have you checked that your ISP and/or system admin haven't put a limit on? ...

how do I set up my email with outlook
I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? tokyo gyoza wrote: > I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, > what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? You have to pay Yahoo if you want to use it in Outlook (via POP). ...

Undeliverable email message..._
My ISP migrated to a new smtp server and I had to make the necessary changes to relay my messages correctly. However, when I forward an e-mail or reply to a cashed mail address I receive the following: From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 4:26 PM To: email@domain.com Subject: Undeliverable:RE: Message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Message Sent: 10/4/2004 4:26 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: email@domain.com on 10/4/2004 4:26 PM You do ...

How to paste animation in publisher for an email message
In a MS Publisher document, I have pasted animated bmp & gif files. When I send the doc by MS Outlook email, the animation doesn't work when the message is pulled up. Is there a special way to paste & activate animation in Publisher? This is not an option in Publisher. Publisher automatically changes the animated images to normal images. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Flyboy" <Flyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

How to exclude one user from being affected by mailbox limits.
Hi, We are using Exchange 2003 Stadard Edition. We have put a 300MB limit on the mailbox store. However we would like the manager to have a 500MB limit but we can't find anything that would exclude him from being affected from the limits. Can someone shed some light on this for me please? Thanks for your help, Jamie In news:5ACF0054-7FAB-45B8-89D4-41F4359376A2@microsoft.com, Jamie Tanner <JamieTanner@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > We are using Exchange 2003 Stadard Edition. > > We have put a 300MB limit on the mailbox store. However we would like...

Exchange 2003 Enterprise and several mailbox stores
Is there any limitation on how many mailbox stores in a administrative group you can create? For now we have 4 mailbox groups and 1 public folder, when trying to create one more Mailbox-group i get this errormsg: This storage group alreday contains maximum number of stores allowed. ID no: c1034a7a I thought that Enterprise edition had no limit. Kind Regards Peter Kulinski You can create up to 4 storage groups, each containing a maximum of 5 stores. Enterprise Edition has a limit of 20 stores. The 'no limit' you've heard about probably applies to the sizes of each of t...

Shared calendar
Is there any way to find out who put an appointment on a shared calendar? I'm looking at the properties and it tells when it was modified but not who created it. Thanks!! If you open the appointment and look at the attendees tab, does it show who created it? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Robin asked: | Is there any way to find out who put an appointment on a shared...

outlook 2003 missing emails offline
I am trying to setup a user with an offline folder in outlook 2003. The problem is it does not download all his emails. ON the server it shows he has 200 emails, but in his offline it is only 30. I checked and there is no filters or anything on it. I tried recreating his offline folders and everything, to no avail. Any suggestions? It looks like the emails he is missing are a month or so old, although he has older ones from a few years ago? Did you check to see which folders are set for offline synch? Is this user using Exchange Cached Mode? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

Attachments not received #2
Can anyone help ? - When I send some attachments using Outlook 2003 the attachments are not received by the recipient just the mail. Incidentally they show the attachment paperclip in the Sent Items as if they were sent. This happened in earlier version too but only when I switched to XP. It does not occur with Outlook Express Many thanks First thing to check is your sending mail format. Make sure you're not using Rich Text Format. Try Plain Text or HTML instead "Marian Hughes" <moi@esatclear.ie> wrote in message news:OMWri8Y4DHA.1592@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >...

Shared calendars
I am implementing a new mail domain (e2k3) on a Windows 2003 AD structure. I have about 1200 users in the new domain, nobody is using it yet though, they were migrated from another AD domain. These users will all have new mail accounts on my new exchange box, but I have been asked to set it up so that ALL users have READ access BY DEFAULT to ALL other users CALENDAR only. I see where I can give them full control to the entire mailbox, but where can I give them specific control to just the calendars? Hi, Why do not create a Public Folder with a general Calendar on it and grant access t...

Vista stipping attachments
Can anyone please help me understand why my Vista home premium does not let any attachments through that I send home from work? The text part of the message comes through, but the attachment is gone. My wife's home computer uses XP and it can receive the messages ok. This appears to have started after I downloaded service pack 2 but that's only speculation on my part, my system once received work emails with no problem. Is it a POP3 account? Have you checked the message source, (Ctrl+F3), to see if the attachment is actually missing? Are you using e-mail scanning? ...

Can't open attachments in Outlook Express
I can't open attachments. I get the message; OE removed access to the following attachments iin your mail: ( the name of the attachment is shown. I sthis a virus thing. I have Norton Antivirus installed? Or is this a setting problem? I need some help ASAP as I have students who are depending on me for some answers Thank you very much Tim wrote: > I can't open attachments. I get the message; OE removed > access to the following attachments iin your mail: ( the > name of the attachment is shown. > > I sthis a virus thing. I have Norton Antivirus installed? > Or ...

Arrows in Email
When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows, and how do they get there in the first place? Gus Gus GusGus <charlieg@charter.net> wrote: > When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by > arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, > like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows, > and how do they get there in the first place? You are using...

Sharing Capabilities in Office 2004
We're looking to have everyone in the office (all Macs) have access to a shared contact management system. Basically we want to be able to see the contacts we all share, post notes to each, see each others calendars, etc. Will getting everyone on office 2004 do the trick? As long as we're on a LAN will we be able to share this info, or do we also need a server to serve this up? Rich You should ask on the Entourage newsgroup, as that would be the program handling something like this. http://groups.google.com/groups?group=microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage On 11/22/06 12:34 PM, ...

pictures and graphics not displaying in emails
I used to always see pictures, logos, graphics, etc. in incoming emails from various companies whose newsletters or ads I subscribe to. Now there is just a box with an x in it. I have tried to change every option I thought might return things to the way they were, but with no luck. I believe this happened after I installed some updates to the Vista OS. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to solve it? Thanks. Toole | Options | Security. Uncheck: "Block images...........". -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA ...

Outlook attachment?
A remote office is experiencing a problem with outllook. If they recieve a email, it also recieves an attachment consisting of a duplicate of the message. The attachment is something like ATT00010.TXT. This only happens with outlook (office 97 and 2000), with outlook express it works normally. Any suggestions? Here is the article with details on why the messages are not received correctly. The root cause would be a problem supporting MS Rich Text , or more specifically TNEF, somewhere along the message route. Simple fix would be to ask the sender to change format to either Plain Text ...

Email Alerts
I access my exchange 2003 mailbox from outlook2003/windows xp pro. The exchange 2003 runs on a stand-alone server. I am trying to notify, via e-mail, a user outside of my domain when e-mail arrives from any user that is on my contact list. I want the notification to take place even when my windows xp pro is not on. Could someone tell me how I can accomplish this? Thanks in advance ...

Launch trackable email from Adobe
I have a report written in SRS and then exported to .pdf. I want to email this pdf to my clients using acrobats File > email functionality but when the outlook email window opens, there is no Track in CRM buttons/toolbar. Has anyone got a work around for this or any ideas on why this might be happening? Mant thanks James ...