email with an attachment

why does it takes a long time to open or sending an email
with an attachments. It there any special setting in
Outlook 2000. Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

Attachments #119
I can receive and open all attachments without a problem, however I am unable to send powerpoint, video clips or photographs. There is an error but it just flashes up on the screen and I am unable to click on it. macca <macca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can receive and open all attachments without a problem, however I > am unable to send powerpoint, video clips or photographs. There is an > error but it just flashes up on the screen and I am unable to click > on it. CHeck the Event log to see if there's an entry for it. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2003 & XP attachment opening error
Receiving Excel files, as email attachments. Open from inside email & prompted to open or save... Choose OPEN, and the Excel program startsup, but get Outlook error stating that the file could not be found. Yet, I can save the Excel file, and open it without any problems. Thanks. Eric Lee <eric.s.lee@worldnet.att.net> wrote: > Receiving Excel files, as email attachments. > Open from inside email & prompted to open or save... > Choose OPEN, and the Excel program startsup, but get Outlook error > stating that the file could not be found. > Yet, I can save the Ex...

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

Outlook 2007
We are implementing Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2010 across the company and we are noting that while we can open and save attachments directly from the email in either preview pane or full view (by right clicking and saying "Save As"), the Save Attachment button does not work in the Email Toolbar. Having put the Save Attachment button in my quick access toolbar, I note that it does not work either when I open the full Email. I am thinking this might be related to the Exchange/Outlook relationship. Our exchange server in on our LAN and I have my connection set to "Dow...

Can't Send, Delete, Archive or Move my emails!
Any changes i make to Archive and Auto Archive do not save either. Any ideas? Tah! J. ...

How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007?
How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007? "maxwelton" <maxwelton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023F67EB-8140-44B3-903B-2E7611B4068F@microsoft.com... > How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007? Select them and press Delete? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

HELP: Can't get outlook to work with Yahoo email.
Cannot seem to get Outlook to work with a Yahoo email account. Someone please help me with the step-by-step guide line please. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/online.htm#yahoo -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEA...

Multiple email addresses 03-14-06
Is there a way to store multiple email addresses for a contact and have one as the primary? "brdowns" wrote: > Is there a way to store multiple email addresses for a contact and have one > as the primary? Did you ever find any way of doing this? "nick" wrote: > > > "brdowns" wrote: > > > Is there a way to store multiple email addresses for a contact and have one > > as the primary? > > Did you ever find any way of doing this? Just found out that by customising the contact entity you can have up to 3 email addre...

outgoing email stopped working
My outgoing email stopped sending yesterday, although I can still receive email fine. I've been through text support with my ISP (prodigy/SBC) and they say it is an outlook problem. Any suggestions? Julie Fairchild What errors do you get? Julie wrote: > My outgoing email stopped sending yesterday, although I > can still receive email fine. I've been through text > support with my ISP (prodigy/SBC) and they say it is an > outlook problem. Any suggestions? > > Julie Fairchild >-----Original Message----- >My outgoing email stopped sending yesterday, a...

Help with HTML emails in outlook
Hello, Can someone describe the best and most reliable way to compose and send an HTML email in outlook? Outlook Express has an Import Text From File feature that regular Outlook does not have. Ideally, I would like to create an HTML email template and use that for the email but I'm having problems producing a method that is consistantly reliable. Using MS Word Send to feature results in (crappy) HTML. Copy and paste into an HTML formatted Outlook message does not include the graphics. Note: This is for an internal disctribution. Not spam or email marketing. Your help is greatly appre...

Junk Email Auto Delete Question
I right click on an email and put on the junk email sender's list. It just sits there. Is it supposed to automatically delete? Also, if that address comes in in the future, is is supposed to automatically delete? I have several email addresses that I have put in the list, but they show up in my InBox anyway. I don't want them simply colored with Organize. I want them to be deleted! Thank you. Office XP Pro. Do you have the junk mail rule configured to delete or to colorize the message? You need to configure it to delete... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach You...

How do I include attachments that go with deleted and sent emails.
On Outlook Express, my saved and deleted emails included any attachments that came with them. In Outlook 2007, it deletes the attachments. Then if something happens and I need to find those attachments, they are gone. How can I make Outlook 2007 retain any attachments that go with email messages, even after they are moved to the "sent" and "deleted" files? Outlook 2007 does not remove attachments from items in your mail folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick....

please help!!! Unable to delete emails
NAVCE deleted the edb.log file from my \exchsrvr directory. We were able to do a hard restore to get it back up but we have several emails in users inboxes that cannot be opened. When you double-click the email you get a 'can't open this item' error. It appears something did not synch properly during the restore but my email is now up and running. I personally have a couple dozen emails in my inbox from 9am - 2pm yesterday that I cannot open and get that message. How can I permanently delete those emails??? Getting them back would be nice but I don't want to ri...

Opening Attachments 02-02-10
Using Windows 7 and Outlook 2003 on a brand-new computer. Each time I want to open an attachment, it has a box asking if I want to be asked (obviously so a harmful document is not opened). The box "do not ask me this question again" already has a checkmark in it, but it is lightened in color and nothing that I can choose. How do I ensure that I can open documents without being asked this question each and every time I try to open an attachment? Thanks for any help you can give me. Check your other post for answers -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the...

Promoting emails without email Router
I'm trying to implement the CRM and, due to infraestructure problems, I can't install the CRM Email Router. I intalled the CRM and clients with SFO. When I try to promote an incoming email i can do it without problems. But when I try to promote an outgoing email (from the sent items), a message appears saying "An error ocurred when trying to promote the email. Try again". What should I do to promote a sent email without the email router. Thanks in advance -- Carlos ...

Email forwarding routed to wrong mailbox
I have configured MS Exchange Server 2003 to route emails to individual mailboxes. We have just started forwarding emails from a new domain to our existing domain, these emails are all arriving in my mailbox rather than being routed to the correct mailboxes. Can anyone help? Is this SBS? Do you have the POP3 connector configured? Do you have journaling configured to route to your mailbox? Is your ISP sending the messages to your mailbox? What do the message tracking logs show? What do the SMTP protocol logs show? "Roger Morbey" <RogerMorbey@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Blackberry email tracking in crm 4.0
Hi, can anyone tell me if blackberry emails are supposed to automatically track within CRM 4.0? We are tracking emails through outlook into crm fine but BB emails are not tracking for some reason. We have our own BES and exchange server. I know you can buy 3rd party software but according to one of the reps of that company, he claimed it should be tracking by itself w/out 3rd party. Is anyone sucessfully doing this? thank you! I am no expert, but I have been working with BB/BES and CRM and up till now what I seen is that email already marked for tracking (i.e. a reply to one marked as t...

outlook wont print attachment details
Hi We have a few copies of office 2003 here and all except one will print the attachment details (ie file names) on the printout (ie when you simply print an email in memo format) I've searched high and low for an option or tickbox but I cant figure out how to get it to work.......................HELP!!! Thanks :) P.S. I've also tried running outlook in cleanviews and firstrun modes with no success. :( -- englishdad Anyone?? I guess this isn't a common problem then?? :( -- englishdad ...

Email disappears sometimes !?
I have a problem. It seems like incoming mail sometimes disappears. Finally I traced some of the missing e-mails and it appears that the all have arrived at the server. Using the Message Tracking Center learns the following. SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing. SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue. There is no more than this for the disappearing mail. A normal delivered mail shows the following: SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing. SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue. SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorizer. SMTP: Message Deliverd Locally to <...

Problem With Word Finding Outlook Contact Lists For Email Merge
I am having a problem getting word (Small Business 2003) to find the current contact database lists in my Outlook . For some reason or another when I am asked by the merge wizard to select a contact list from the contact list folder I am presented with old or deleted lists. I have done this operation many times before so I am baffled why this should just happen. If anyone is interested please email me at tonyisburntout@yahoo.com and I will be more than happy to send of a word document with the relevent screen shots. Any and all help would be appreciated. Best to start mail merges from inside...

How do I set up Server Rule to move Emails to a an Exchange 2007 public Folder?
Dear Exchange people, We are using Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007. I have emails that come in every day that need to be moved to an Exchange public folder based on words in the emails subject. I set up a rule in Outlook 2003 to move it to the public folder automatically and it usually works when Outlook is open, but I need it to just run on the server and not require Outlook to be open to run it. Would anyone be so kind and friendly as to share with me an example of how to get it to work on the server and not require the Outlook client to process it? Thanks in...

Unable To Open Attachments #2
We use Win2kServer, Exchange 2000 SP3 and OutlookXP When i try open message with attachment i have problem.. the error message is : Could not open one or more attachments! is it a bug in Exchange or Outlook? Are you dealing with the Secutiy Lock within OL2002 for "unsafe" attachments? This is what it sound like. There are KB articles all over the place on it. Jason >-----Original Message----- >We use Win2kServer, Exchange 2000 SP3 and OutlookXP > >When i try open message with attachment i have problem.. > >the error message is : Could not open one or mor...

can't repsond to links in email
can't repsond to links in email - get an error to see the adminis MFG wrote: > can't repsond to links in email - get an error to see the adminis You don't respond to links. You click on them. Impossible to diagnose an non-described error message. Usually you get one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply from them. If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go on (no details, no versions, no context), usually they will just move on to the next post and never return to yours. Go read: What is Usenet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet http://e...

Can connect to router, and can ping Internet, but can't see web pages or emails
Hi guys, This is my first ever post (I am THAT desperate to find a solution to this problem!). Last night my computer was having trouble viewing web pages, as in I could see the text and a few graphics, but I had to right click on most pictures and click "show picture" where I really wanted to see it. I figured it was a bandwidth problem which would resolve overnight, as it seemed to get worse when I was trying to send emails. The Internet would drop in and out occasionally, but I'd be patient and keep refreshing where necessary. When it dropped right out at aroun...

How can I open an attachment on email pub. 2007 with pub. 2002?
I have Pub. 2002 and received an email with an attachment of Pub. 2007. I can't get it open. Is there a fix that will let me open this. My system is vista 64. I wrote the other request, typed wrong old version. What kind of error message are you getting? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Sandra" <Sandra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C429087-A6F3-44A0-8445-7C8B441DB68A@microsoft.com... >I have Pub. 2002 and received an email with an attachment of Pub....