Email to multiple people but show only the recepient name

Is there a way to send to ten people at once but only
have one  name in the To: box at a time? So that the
entire list of people is not sent.
0
terryhtx (1)

Use the BCC field.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Terry asked:

| Is there a way to send to ten people at once but only
| have one  name in the To: box at a time? So that the
| entire list of people is not sent.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
8/17/2004 10:59:25 PM
Terry,

Actually, to accomplish what you're looking for, I was looking for over a
period of several months. ISPs have limits on how many addressees you can
have in the bcc: field, which can be a pain in you have a few hundred people
to email.

I finally discovered, in Office 2003, that if you create your email in MS
Word, you can do a mail-merge to email. Using your contacts, Word will
create a separate email for each addressee, which in turn, circumvents the
spam alarms at your mail server, and the recipient only sees his/her name.
Hint: If including graphics in the body of your email,  send it as html so
the pics display properly. There are many other neat things you can
accomplish by doing emails this way. Warning: It works best if you have a
broadband connection. Depending on the size of the email, it can take up to
15 minutes per hundred email addresses. Word first has to process and create
the emails, and Outlook then has to send them all. I once had a list of
about 400 people, and it took about 40 minutes for Outlook to get the last
one out.

I certainly recommend some experimentation first, sending emails this way to
just yourself so you can see what the recipients will see!

Good Luck,

Jim (Office Hacker Extraordinaire)

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org>
wrote in message news:uaava3KhEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Use the BCC field.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Terry asked:
>
> | Is there a way to send to ten people at once but only
> | have one  name in the To: box at a time? So that the
> | entire list of people is not sent.

Problems with creating a newsletter

multiple flyers per page?

Removing multiple users from Outlook

Multiple stacked bar charts

Multiple Simultaneous Outlook Sessions

Single click selects multiple cells

Renaming Partial File Names

Sending Email #6

printing multiple copies of Sigel GmbH

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

Shortcut for inserting names?
Hi, I am building many formulas, each with many named cells as part of it. Currently I have to go to Insert | Name | Paste with the mouse each time I want to insert a name. I looked in Walkenbach's Excel Bible but couldn't find any mention of a keyboard shortcut or other shortcut. Is there one I could take advantage of? I've got Excel 2002. Thanks, Jamie ...

Doesn't show busy,when scheduling meeting
Hello I have a user, who has meetings scheduled and shows up in her Calendar fine. But, when she or someone else tries to schedule new meeting, invite her, it doesn't show her busy schedule. It indicates as if she is available all time. Secondly, when she edits the meeting and marks as "Out of Office", than it shows up as busy. Her Out of Office is Off. Outlook 2000 with Exchange corporate setup. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks ...

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...