email spell check right mouse problem

Using Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 as the email editor.

Sometimes When a word is misspelled and gets highlighted with the red
wavy underline if I right click over it the menu choices are for
Signature items like Primary and Secondary.  Sometimes it the spelling
options are listed.  So far I have not been able to determine what
circumstances determine which menu will be activated.  For my part I
dont need to see the signature options and if I did I would put the
mouse over the signature.

Is there correction for this or a work around this problem?

It sounds like you are typing in the signature area at times which will not allow for spell checking. You would know because when you right-click a word the Signature option appear, as you have seen.

To prevent typing in the signature area - go back to your signatures and put -- at the top of them.

Kind Regards,

--
Francine Otterson
Microsoft Outlook MVP

On Oct 9, 10:15 am, Francine Otterson <outl...@sdnetweb.com> wrote:
> It sounds like you are typing in the signature area at times which will not allow for spell checking. You would know because when you right-click a word the Signature option appear, as you have seen.
>
> To prevent typing in the signature area - go back to your signatures and put -- at the top of them.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> --
> Francine Otterson
> Microsoft Outlook MVP
> President, San Diego Outlook User Group

Visio 2003 standard Servicepack1 problems
Hi. I am trying to update my Visio 2003 standard Dutch via the Microsoft update service. At the end of the upgrade to SP1, there is a message that the update did not work OK, but without any extra explanation why. When I download the SP1 update manually and try to install it, the update software claims that (in Dutch) "the software is already installed, of is a part of another update that is installed". However, the version in my Visio 2003 is still a non SP1 version. Does anyone have a clue for me about how to actually upgrade to SP1? Thanks, Arnold ...

Filter driver installation problem! 01-06-10
Hi, I developed a disk low filter driver and want to load this driver at Windows setup procedure, I don't know how to do that? It seems only using INF file does not work? Any suggestion? thanks. Best Regards, Perer, By Windows setup, do you mean install of Windows? If so look at http://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?id=264 this covers the subject for XP and 2003. For later OS'es get the WAIK http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C7D4BC6D-15F3-4284-9123-679830D629F2 and start digging. -- Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD) Windows F...

Uninstalled Word 2004 test drive
I installed the "Test Drive" version of Microsoft Word 2004 on my ibook, G2, 500 mhz, machine. I am running Panther. After trying it for a couple days and becoming very frustrated with the program I followed all directions to remove the program ... I removed only the 2004 version. After uninstalling I could not automatically open any of my word documents. I never "created" any using the test drive, but I can�t open any of my documents created on my Word X version. Trying to open these documents I received an error message: "The operation could not be completed....

An Outlook 2003 Problem

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem

Prioritize Internal Email
Is there a way in Exchange 2003 for me to set delivery of internal email to a higher priority than internet mail? -Patrick What specific issue are you trying to address? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FD55EB5-475C-46B6-AB3A-1C697E62DF72@microsoft.com... > Is there a way in Exchange 2003 for me to set delivery of internal email > to a > higher priority than internet mail? > -Patrick ...

recieving emails
I get an error message while recieving my emails (send and recieve) and when I hit the button again it starts recieving from the begining again resulting in duplicate messages then it ends in an error like the beginning again. My email is Yahoo mail plus Dorisall wrote: || I get an error message Which is? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Dorisall <Dorisall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get an error message while recieving my emails (send and recieve) > and when I hit the button again it starts reci...

Can't receive EMail #5

re post range check
hi i have a worksheet with a lot of data on it column A contains the date column B contains an area column C contains the fault column D contain a quantity A B C D 1/4/04 stores damaged 10 7/4/04 bins rust 60 -- -- --- -- -- --- - -- -- 31-12-04 floor ...

email icon
I have an email in my inbox in windows live mail and the envelope icon has a red or purple arrow pointing to the left. What does this mean? -- xgdude It indicates that you replied to that message. A green arrow pointing right indicates that you forwarded the message. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "xgdude" wrote in message news:04BCD8E8-B64A-4385-B601-55095BC34F42@microsoft.com... I have an email in my inbox in windows live mail and the envelope icon has a red or purple arrow pointing to the left. What does this...

some emails not coming through internally
Hello, I have a 3COM NBX phone system. It has the capability of sending an e-mail to a user with the voice message attached. That system is on my 10.1.x.x network. My exchange server is on my 10.3.x.x. network. There's a place in the NBX system to put the name of the SMTP server. I've tried both the email.mydomain.com and the IP address of the server. The messages do not come through. If I change the e-mail address for delivery to an account such as yahoo.com, it comes through no problem. I have a test exchange server at home. If I set it to go to that, goes no where. I ...

Only new email window?
Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other apps running. Please let me know if that is possible. Thank you, Steve Steve F. <sf@flintind.com> wrote: > Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does > not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email > window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other > apps running. Create a shortcut whose target is: "%Pr...

email
How can I change the time that it takes for message to shift from BOLD (unread) to PLAIN TEXT (as read) in my inbox. If I open MS OUTLOOK it will change within 30 seconds to PLAIN TEXT from BOLD appearing as read, even if I don't want to read them at that time. Therefore, later, I don't know if I read that one or not. I have seen the time limit change on the setup somewhere, but can't find it now! joe@dixiesteamway.com Outlook does not have this option to mark an email as read when viewing in the Preview pane. Only Outlook Express does. "Joe Dobbins" <joe...

Outlook Express 6 Spell Check #2
I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a problem with spell check. When you send an email, it says "spell check has been haulted, do you want to send anyway" and if I ask it to spell check, it says an error has occured in spell check. All my spelling options are correctly set, so I don't know what the problem is. Kimberly McNabb <knmcnabb@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a > problem with spell check. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook Hanging when spell check
when ever i use the spell check when sending an email the PC hangs and i have to reboot. I could just switch off spell check but i like using it. I have tried reinstalling office, also tried using office eraser then reinstalling just outlook, nothing seams to work. Any Ideas? ...

Launching URLs from email
URLs in my emails suddenly will no longer launch when clicked. I am using Office/Outlook 2000. Only recent change is the installation of Norton Internet Security, but I think I had ok launches since then. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Send Quote via Email
I have created a quote and would like to send it via email Is this possible without getting too technical! Hi Andrew, (1) In Outlook client using Mail Merge * Open the quote * File-->Format for Customer * Walk through the mail merge steps using "quote.dot" template This template could potentially be modified for more/less data. (2) Download the sample quote report by EdMar from CRM Sandbox The rdl file is at http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm under the Downloads section with title "Quote Sample Report". Download this file and import it to your reports s...