Email sent to recipient 12 times

Greetings,

We use Exchange 2000 (SP3) with Windows 2000 Server (SP4) with all patches
and hotfixes applied.  My mail client is Outlook 2002 (SP1). Recently, one
person recived a mail message from me twelve times!  I only sent the message
once.  Oddly enough, only one person reported this problem to me; and I
average about 100 emails sent to external recipients daily.  Has anyone ever
heard of this happening, or can anyone offer any suggestions or advice so
that I may pursue and investigate this issue?  Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jackson Hillman

0
jhillman1 (2)

Using POP mail anywhere, or is Exchange handling all the mail directly?

Jackson Hillman wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> We use Exchange 2000 (SP3) with Windows 2000 Server (SP4) with all
> patches and hotfixes applied.  My mail client is Outlook 2002 (SP1).
> Recently, one person recived a mail message from me twelve times!  I
> only sent the message once.  Oddly enough, only one person reported
> this problem to me; and I average about 100 emails sent to external
> recipients daily.  Has anyone ever heard of this happening, or can
> anyone offer any suggestions or advice so that I may pursue and
> investigate this issue?  Your help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jackson Hillman

0
lanwench (7567)
8/1/2003 3:04:49 PM
We use Exchange exclusively.  Thank you for the quick
reply.

0
jhillman1 (2)
8/1/2003 3:27:32 PM
I'd turn up logging on the server....SMTP virtual server properties.

Jackson Hillman wrote:
> We use Exchange exclusively.  Thank you for the quick
> reply.

0
lanwench (7567)

Email Addresses not populating after creating new user
We are running SBS2003. After creating several new users, it is not populating the Email Addresses tab under the users properties. I have the checkbox for "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" checked and I have also tried to force apply the global recipient rules in Exchange Manager, but none of that is working. I think this is also the reason why Outlook is not able to resolve this users name when I try to connect their Outlook to the exchange server. Brian The problem could be that the Recipient Update Service cannot update the users becau...

Exchange 2003 Adding a footer to outgoing emails
Hello All, Anyone know of a way to add a footer to all outbound emails in Exchange 2003 Thanks Mark Hi Mark You can do it via an Event Sink as detailed in these articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317327 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317680 Or use a third-party app. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mark S." <mslater_nospam@m-e-c.com> wrote in message news:%23QMqSEnSFHA.3492@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello All, &g...

DST client update causing huge lag time in outlook2k3
I am the CRM Admin with 36 active clients who work remotely. We use CRM 3 SP1 Ver. 3.0.5300 w/ hot fix KB931270 and KB925874(DST) installed on both the client and Server. I run the offline version w/ sql 2005 express ver on my desktop. After the DST update was installed on my local desktop client My outlook would hang for from 30 seconds to 2 minutes trying to synch up with exchange. I recieve an error report from outlook saying that there are communication problems with exchange. The rest of the guys on the IT team check the Exc2k3 server and it is working flawlessly. I also have one ...

Email Campaign with Attachments
Dear Community I've follwing problem, how can i attach e file to e email when i create a campaign (not a quick campaign!) over WEB an Outlook client ??? Can anyone give me a solution wich is usable for daily business ??? Thanx for all answers Marcel please save the campaign first, then you can attach the file. "Marcel" wrote: > Dear Community > > I've follwing problem, how can i attach e file to e email when i create a > campaign (not a quick campaign!) over WEB an Outlook client ??? > > Can anyone give me a solution wich is usable for daily busine...

Outlook 2003: Copy Full Names to email display Names
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000. I believe 2000 used to choose email addresses based on the Full Name field. 2003 appears to choose based on the Email Display name. Most of my email Display Names are just the email addresses. What is the easiest way to copy the Full Name to the email Display Name? What do you mean by "choose email addresses?" The Display Name has varied with each version of Outlook, but it is of no consequence. What makes you think it is? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "orbojeff" <jeff.callahan@orbograph.com> wrote in message new...

why cant I reply to certain recipients by reply or forwarding
my emails keep coming back to me saying" service administrator unable to deliver", how can I reply to these emails without issues as mentioned? In news:9A521CC1-4973-473D-A887-3263C5B91DAA@microsoft.com, kjmac308 <kjmac308@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > my emails keep coming back to me saying" service administrator unable > to deliver", how can I reply to these emails without issues as > mentioned? Hi - When you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if applicable) of Outlook - you can find this information in Help | About....

email problems
I am getting the following error message when I try to acces my email. Please advise. Thank you. An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x80004005 In your browser go to http://mail.yahoo.com and log in to that account. Then clean out all the folders in your webmail. If you want to save any messages, create a new folder and move those messages to the new folder. Empty the spam and thrash folders also. Close webmail, then try Windows Mail again. Gary ...

Export email profiles
I have a client that is getting a new computer. I can move the pst file from one system to the other. However, this doesn't move the email address and settings. I understand that the settings are kept in the registry. Is there a way to export the email accounts and then import them on the new computer. In OE, we can export the email accounts and then reimport them on the new system. Is there a way to do this with Outlook 2003? Thanks, Joe Are the machines both running Outlook 2003? Will the user's .pst files be in the same location? If yes, to both, you should be able to use ...

multiple emails #3
Hey does anyone know why outlook is sending multiple emails to my distribution list? Please help it's really annoying my clients. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook-Duplicates.asp -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:052f01c3b25b$d0974b10$a401280a@phx.gbl, Jim wrote: > Hey does anyone know why outlook is sending multiple > emails to my distribution list? Please help it's really &...

Recipient Policy not working #2
I recently moved our Exchange server to a new server by restoring the information stores from backups. Everything seems to be working fine, but now when I add a new user/mailbox I have to manually enter an SMTP address for them. The recipient policy isn't propogating out to new users like it did before. Any ideas? Hi Andrew Could you check the Recipient Update Service via Exchange System Manager and ensure it is pointing to a valid Exchange server and Domain Controller. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers ...

print some pages in a report n times
I have a report of employees by department by state. Some departments have more than one head, I want to print each department once for each head so that the report can then be separated and mailed to each head by the mailing house. The report of all departments contains over 2000 pages and 390 departments with 460 heads. I would like this all in the report as the number of heads changes from time to time. I have a field in the report that is Y for department heads and so I can count the department heads at the time of printing. I have also VB code that gives me the number of pages for ...

Country, Phone and email showing inthe Bill to or Ship To fields
When we set a customer in Store Operations POS we need to verify some extra information in the Bill to and Ship to windows for shipping purposes. Is there a way to display the Country, Phone number and the email address in these windows? At the very least we need to be able to see the country. Had a similar issue a few months ago where I needed to see customer email, phone, available balance, and account number - but the white boxes "bill to" and "ship to" aren't editable, so I got assistance on this newsgroup (think it was Jerry Data - thanks Jerry) on editing...

Html emails stripped down to plain text
I have two users for the company I work for that are trying to send html formatted emails to eachother they are using Outlook 2003. Now I know all the security issues and stuff that comes with it but they are the bosses and thats what they want. So when User A sends an email to User B the html is stripped out and its put into plain text. But when User B gets html emails from others they can see it in html. User A can recieve and read html emails from User B just fine. So my question is who has the problem User A or User B and what is the problem? Then how do you fix that problem? Thanks,...

Easily change smtp servers for all email-accounts
People, I got my laptop with me basically everywhere I go, but I find it totally annoying that I have to change the smtp-server settings for each and every account when wanting to send mail from a different location than the time before. I have about 15 accounts that I regularly recieve email to and ehwn I reply to these I always have to change the smtp-server. Is there a way to fix this easily for all accounts? Best regards, Henning Frettem Oslo, Norway I should probably mention that I run MS Office 2002 SP3 ...

Can CRM send Email without exchange?
Hi all, I asked this question the other day, but I re-read my post and it made no sense! Hence no replies I guess. My questions (put a bit more eloqantly) are: 1) Do you HAVE to use exchange to fire out an email? Can it be handled through CRM? Surely it's just pushing out SMTP traffic, but knowing MS this answer is going to be "no you must have exchange" 2) Can CRM be configured to use mailbox enabled user accounts that dont have the upn of the domain that the crm machine is in. As far as I can see, if you add the user into CRM by it's pre 2K name ie domain\username it wi...

Corrupt emails when using multipart content types
I am running Exchange 2003 with latest SPs and am running into a very strange problem. When we receive certain emails, the contents of the messages have been corrupted. Exclamation points (!) seem to appear randomly in the text (usually an exclamation point followed by a space). The messages both contain HTML and TEXT content, the header is: Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_365D_01C59758.21CA9D10" The text version content type is: ------=_NextPart_000_365D_01C59758.21CA9D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Tr...

import email and addressbook from thunderbird
how do i import email and addressbook from mozilla's thunderbird to outlook? Tom wrote: > how do i import email and addressbook from mozilla's thunderbird to outlook? have a look here: http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ns7mailtoOEorO.html -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

Help on this: keep receiving multiple emails
recently my outlook keep receiving multiple emails, they are all the same, for one sigle email, I may get 2-5 copies received in outlook. I think there is nothing going on with my ICP, cause i've leave a copy on the server, and view emails via Web interface without downloading by pop3, none email is duplicated. First I thought it maybe email scaning software that keep creating copies of the same email. I boot to safemode with network support, no other program was loaded, but the same issue happen again, and the currently network connecting is ok, i can view emails via web page. In...

Text disapearing on sent email messages
Hi, We are having the following problem on a customer's site. Network description: Server: Windows 2000 Server Exchange Server 2000 All almost uptodate on all updates. Workstations: Windows 2000 Pro Microsoft Office XP (Outlook XP) Also all updated. For some time now the users have been complaining that some emails they send get to the recipients blanked. They type text usually (using both WinWord as email composer and the builtin Outlook composer) and send the emails by clicking the send button. When they check the Sent Items Folder to make sure that the email is...

Email not delivered
We have 3 domains - One Forest Domain: USA (root), Exchange 2000, Site USA, Routing Group to the Netherlands Exchange server Domain: Netherlands, Exchange 2000, Site Netherlands, Routing Group to the USA Exchange server Domain: EU, Exchange 2003, Site EU, Routing Group to the USA Exchange server and Netherlands Exchange server. All sites are placed in Administrative Group. Mail flow: - Between EU and USA Exchange server: Doesn't work The mail stays in the “Messages awaiting directory lookup” queue. - Internet: Ok - Between Netherlands and USA Exchange server and back: Ok - Between Neth...

Maximum number of recipients
For Outlook 2003 on SBS 2003, is there a maximum number of recipients that a message can be sent to? Thanks, Robert Your ISP is the determining factor, not Outlook. Most limit from 25 to 50 for residential accounts and up to 150 for commercial accounts. "Robert Ramin" <rramin@swcsx.com> wrote in message news:eCWbWuPiGHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > For Outlook 2003 on SBS 2003, is there a maximum number of recipients that > a message can be sent to? > > Thanks, > Robert > ...

Outlook not sending email
I have a computer that is running XP Pro & Office > 2003.When I try to send an email using Outlook from this machine I will> hit send and it appears to be sent. In the sent folder it shows that the email was sent but it never arrives at> it's destination. I have tried sending emails to other> computers on my network and this works fine. I have no trouble receiving mail but I cannot send. I am running POP3 account on Road Runner. I have no problem sending from other machines on my system and they are all set up the same. Please help. Could you turn on diagnostic l...

Run Time Error 2501 "The report action was cancel"
hi I have a access database with some reports. All reports are working fine except one. When I click Priview or Print window I get the error "Report Action was canceled" and the error number is 2501. I try to ignore the error but report does not open. Any help in this regard. Here is my code. Private Sub Command15_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command15_Click Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "Cash Voucher" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview ComeHere: Err_Command15_Click: If Err.Number = 2501 Then Resume ComeHere End If Any help in this regard ?? Thnx i...

how do I add another hotmail email inbox in Outlook?
Hello, I added my main hotmail address in Outlook, and that works fine. However, I then added a buisness hotmaill address (another hotmail address) in Outlook, but this time an error message appears when trying to access my inbox saying error 0x800CCCF6 Access to Hotmail via Outlook and Outlook Express now requires a subscription. Why does that do that only 2mn after having added the other hotmail address uneventfully? Please reply soon! Thank you! did you previously access the other account using http? As of last sept, http access was ended for new accounts. http://www.slipstick.com/ad...

Sending multiple/duplicate emails at same time
How do I select all the emails addresses at one time to whom I wish to send a duplicate notice of my email address change? Click the To button and it will bring up your address book. In the "Name" list, you can either select addresses one at a time and press the To button again to add the addresses to that field, or you can hold down the CTRL key while clicking multiple names and they will be added all at once. Click OK to add them all to your e-mail message. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply...