email says 'service unavailable'

what does that mean
0
Me8786 (90)

Service: the act of serving
Unavailable:  Not available, accessible, or at hand

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, me asked:

| what does that mean
0
Milly
2/24/2008 7:59:50 PM
me <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>what does that mean

DUH!
Did you pay the Internet Service Provider?
"me" <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> what does that mean

0
Anthemwebs (309)
2/25/2008 1:37:21 AM
"me" <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> what does that mean

What native language do you speak?

0
V4521 (722)

Who is email being sent to?
I'm getting an email with "Email client" in the TO part on my preview (Outlook 2002). When I right click the email and do options, the header has: TO: "Email Client" <receiver@homeserver.com> Looks like I'm on some type of list. I have 5 different accounts being checked in Outlook. How can I tell which email address this is being sent to? Thanks, Brett It is probably spam and therefore subject to change at any moment. Attempts to filter this type of mail except at the grossest levels will probably fail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all rep...

Outlook VERY slow / extra traffic while selecting multiple emails
I have purchased a new computer recently which is a 1.8GHz powerhouse with a ton of memory. The thing is that outlook crawls on this computer, while it flies on my p450. This behavior happens when i select multiple emails for any reason, ie, to delete them, move them, etc. After i am done selecting them (let go of the mouse key with a shift key multiple select)I see the network traffic going crazy, and outlook locks up until the traffic ends. It can take 5 minutes to select 100 records for instance. I have looked everywhere, but i cannot find the problem. Any ideas? I have a si...

Service Scheduling Across Multiple Time Zones
We want to put an internal call center in place that will field calls from multiple territories/timezones. If a call center user schedules a service activity for a rep in a different timezone, the appointment will be scheduled for the incorrect time. Is there anything out of the box that will address this scenario? If not, what are our customization options? Would it be possible to add a timezone dropdown to the activity and some client side code or a callout to modify the time post-save? I'd be interested to know how other organizations handle this scenario. CRM corrects all dates...

unable to export Outlook 2007 address book email address
We are using Vista Outlook 2007 in our office. We use the address book inside the Outlook 2007 to set the outgoing email address. In the Outlook 2007, we try to export the address book person name and email address. We tried all methods, but the email address field in the exported file are always empty. What did we do wrong? Thank you. You don't export from the Address Book - you export from the Contacts folder. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: h...

error fowarding email
At times I get an error message when I try to foward an email that has an attachment with it. ...

Archived email
Hi all, Archived email and now wondering how I can easily see it again if needed. Thanks. "Diamontina Cocktail" wrote in message news:eLRO6aI1HHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > > Archived email and now wondering how I can easily see it again if > needed. File -> Open Browse to your archive .pst file. "Vanguard" <vanguard.x@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u2$SGdI1HHA.1212@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > "Diamontina Cocktail" wrote in message > news:eLRO6aI1HHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >> >> Archived email and now wond...

Junk email options
I repeatedly receiv unwanted mail from a variety of email accounts all ending with the same domain name. I have entered "@xyz.com" in the list of blocked senders to no avail. How do I stop this crap? Jo that should be the option that works. are you sure they are actually sent from the same domain? You could try a Rule to move them based on the contents of the email address. -- Bill Rodgers MVP "J" <jodi1004@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:mhja6gnybqxh.lckw95n5ql1i$.dlg@40tude.net... >I repeatedly receiv unwanted mail from a variety of email accoun...

Save email settings
I'm just about to swap my old notebook for a new one. Transferring the PST file is no probs but setting up all my email accounts is a bit long winded and laborious! Is there any way in Outlook 2003 to save/export the email setting enabling them to more easily transferred to the new PC? I know the passwords will have to be entered manually. Regards John Outlook 2003 does not have the ability to export your mail account settings. Best to document them somewhere in writing for occasions like this. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion i...

One email address for multiple users??
Is there anyway in Exchange 2003 on W2K Server that I can forward email from one account to multiple users in the domain? Any help would be great! Thanks! Brian "Brian Garcia" wrote: > Is there anyway in Exchange 2003 on W2K Server that I can forward email from > one account to multiple users in the domain? > > Any help would be great! Thanks! > > Brian > > > Yes there is. Have the emails forward to a exchange distribution group then add the members to that distribution group. Emails will now be forwarded to the drisbution group, then re...

Can't Update Fidelity Online Services and Accounts
I just upgraded Money 99 with Money 2004 Deluxe, in part because it stopped updating my Fidelity accounts some months ago. I was told then MS no longer supported Money 99 and I should upgrade. Anyway, with the new Money 2004 install, Online Services Manager indicates Fidelity Investments needs to be updated. After going through the motions of updating, the system indicates update for OFX02051 was successful and directs me to read a message from OFX02051 it. That message starts with one of those nerve jarring Windows "you made a mistake" sounds and says "C:\microsoft money\sy...

Block outbound attachments to specific email domain
is there a way to block all email attachments outbound to a specific email domain while allowing attachments to all other domains to go out? I have exchange server 2000 SP3 and post sp3 rollup running on Windows 2000 Server SP4. Have Symantec Mail Security for SMTP 4.1.4 and Symantec Mail Security for MS Exchange version 4.6 and can't find a way to do it. "Mike Baugh" <Mike Baugh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is there a way to block all email attachments outbound to a specific email >domain while allowing attachments to all other domains to go out? ...

How to stop email forwarding?
Hi there, There is a meeting room which is configured to book directly when a user books it as Resources. It is also configured that the office manager will get the invitation email automatically no matter she is invited or not. Now, the Office Manager has left the company, and I want to stop delivering invitations to her mailbox. But I can't find where I could stop it (my previous Exchange 2003 Admin left the company too). BTW, there is no delegate, there is no forwarding under Delivery Options. The user account for the office manager is still alive. And there is not any rules for th...

Understanding an email header
Hello, I got the following email. I would like to know whether it is a spam or not. Where does this email come from? Thank you, Delivered-To: xxx@xxx.com Received: by 10.90.72.15 with SMTP id u15cs35366aga; Wed, 24 Jan 2007 07:19:26 -0800 (PST) Received: by 10.78.164.13 with SMTP id m13mr665752hue.1169651965501; Wed, 24 Jan 2007 07:19:25 -0800 (PST) Return-Path: <xxx@docomo.ne.jp> Received: from xxx.com (xxx.xxx.com [69.59.195.39]) by mx.google.com with ESMTP id 11si1104277hug.2007.01.24.07.19.24; Wed, 24 Jan 2007 07:19:25 -0800 (PST) Received-SPF: sof...

Large email files keep resending
Like others, large email attachment files get "stuck" in my outbox. What's frustrating is that it seems not to be sending on my end, but to clients/others, they might receive the file hundreds of times. This has only started occurring in the past few months and was always fine before (this version of the software). I think, but I can't be sure, that this started happening when I converted to Windows 7 in December. If this is a bug, can someone report it to MS? In the meantime, I'll try to remember to use another means of sending large files. This ofte...

Convert all incoming emails
I know there is a global setting to have all incoming emails be converted into email activities. However, is there a way for just individual users to have this option and not everyone in the business organization? If so, how can this be accomplished? Thank you in advance for your time! Cayla Yes, this can be set for individual users, it also requires a custom attribute to be set in AD. "Cayla" wrote: > I know there is a global setting to have all incoming emails be converted > into email activities. However, is there a way for just individual users to > have this...

How do i correct a routing server failure problem in my email
Every time I try to send an e-mail with attatchments i recieve a delivery status notification saying, "The recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server etc, then "routing server failure." This only happens with one recipient, I have no problems with any other contacts. Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers! On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:40:01 -1000, Rivermouse Tina <Rivermouse <Tina@discussions.microsoft.com>> wrote: > Every time I try to send an e-mail with attatchments i recieve a delivery > status notification saying, "The recipient...

OL 2002 Old Bug
Hi, I have a problem using outlook 2002 sp3. I setup a pop server and click the leave a copy of email on the server option on the outlook client. The email client works fine for the first day. However, the next day it receives duplicate messages from server. It receives some but not all messages from the server. I google on the internet and find that a lot of users have the similar problem and there is still no solution I can find. Question 1. Any good solution? 2. Any 2nd choice solution to avoid the problem like a client side pop3 proxy software? 3. Any find it happen in OL 2003? When can...

how do i keep emails from opening automatically
I have just started using Microsoft Outlook and when I used Outlook Express - there was an option that you could use so an email didn't open just by sitting on it - you actually had to open it to mark as read Can you do this in Microsoft Outlook? Tools->Options->Other->Preview Pane. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, angela68 asked: | I have just started using Microsoft Outlook and when I used Outloo...

Strip email attachments based on sender
Due to virus problems, our IT group would like to strip all attachments from emails, unless the email was sent by a member of our domain. Is there a way to do this via group policy or scripting? Or any other method, for that matter. We are running Exchange 2003 SP1, and our clients use Outlook 2003. Thanks in advance. You could do this, but it would require some custom programming. You could do this via an SMTP event sink. Another way to accomplish this would be to put in a front-end SMTP gateway / virus scanning system that would do this. Of course, you would have to find one that s...

email #35
I get the following error message when I hit send receive in outlook 2003 Task 'Personal folders - Sending' - reported error (0x80048002) : 'this task could not be completed' ...

Delay in emails
When I send one of my users an email he does not receive it instantly. Instead he has to click on another folder in outlook, say the calendar and then the email appears in his inbox. This is happening to three out of sixty five users. I have searched the internet and have seen the same problem appear but no solution. We are using exchange 2000 sp3 and xp sp1 and sp2 workstations. No software installations or hardware installations have taken place. Help!!! Thanks Dylan Ward This is being controlled by UDP packets. Make sure the firewall isn't blocking this kind of traffic. -- Rob...

cxant send emails to my aol acct.
I am unable to send an email to my aol acct. I keep getting a response from the "sys Adm" that it cannot be sent because no transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient. What must I do to fix this? Is it on the aol end or outlook end? What version of Outlook? What mode? (see these in Help | about). What kind of email account(s) are you using? b wrote: > I am unable to send an email to my aol acct. I keep getting a > response from the "sys Adm" that it cannot be sent because no > transport provider was available for delivery to this recipien...

Can't send email 04-21-10
All of a sudden, I can't send email. I can receive. Nothing has been changed in "settings." I've been sending emails all day, then BAM! I get this message. I've rebooted. What just happened? The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.islandbeadandbox.com (1)', Server: 'mail.islandbeadandbox.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Islandbeadandbox.com is not your ISP. Many connection providers will block your use of any port 25 SMTP server other...

Why don't Outlook email addresses show up in a linked Access table
I have linked my Outlook contacts folder with an access table, but all the outlook fields show up in the Access table except for the email address field. How do i link to the email addresses in my contacts folder? You need to use Outlook to export your Contacts to a file type that Access can import or link to, such as a comma separated variable (*.csv) text file. I think the reason that Microsoft blocks the e-mail field is that it would make it too easy for the scumbags that create viruses to access e-mail addresses of people. So, you need to export first, and then either import...

Denial of Service
Hi, I have people in my group that are having a problem with Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 2003. When we are in the office and using a wireless card to connect to the network, we can access files and network resources like printers with no problems. If we move to an area where the wireless access is unavailable, and need to use a LAN cable we sometimes get Outlook to respond that the server is unavailable, although we can still access all shared network drives as well as printers. It has been observed that the network connection may be available and unavailable a few times in ...