Email open underneath Outlook (2002) window

When I OPEN an email message, Outlook opens the message in a new window, but
places that window underneath the outlook window. Any idea how to get this
new window to open on top of the Outlook window?

0
Markowitz (2)

see if updating your display drivers helps.

"Mike Markowitz" <Mike Markowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I OPEN an email message, Outlook opens the message in a new window,
> but
> places that window underneath the outlook window. Any idea how to get this
> new window to open on top of the Outlook window?

0
BillR9171 (440)
3/14/2005 10:35:52 AM
Updating the Display Drivers didn't solve the problem, but I did get it fixed:

Apparently something in my Windows profile was corrupted, so I logged in as
ADMIN, moved my existing profile to the C: drive, then logged in as me (to
create a new profile) and moved my PST files, favorites, documents, and
desktop to the new profile.  This solved the problem.

"BillR [MVP]" wrote:

> see if updating your display drivers helps.
>
> "Mike Markowitz" <Mike Markowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I OPEN an email message, Outlook opens the message in a new window,
> > but
> > places that window underneath the outlook window. Any idea how to get this
> > new window to open on top of the Outlook window?

0
Markowitz (2)
3/15/2005 8:51:02 PM
well, I would have never thought of that!
> Updating the Display Drivers didn't solve the problem, but I did get it
> fixed:
>
> Apparently something in my Windows profile was corrupted, so I logged in
> as
> ADMIN, moved my existing profile to the C: drive, then logged in as me (to
> create a new profile) and moved my PST files, favorites, documents, and
> desktop to the new profile.  This solved the problem.
>

> "BillR [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> see if updating your display drivers helps.
>>
>> "Mike Markowitz" <Mike Markowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > When I OPEN an email message, Outlook opens the message in a new
>> > window,
>> > but
>> > places that window underneath the outlook window. Any idea how to get
>> > this
>> > new window to open on top of the Outlook window?

0
BillR9171 (440)
3/15/2005 11:50:03 PM
BillR: Do you think there is an easier way to solve this. I have exactly the
same problem and I hate to move profiles in case I mess something else up.

"BillR [MVP]" wrote:

> well, I would have never thought of that!
> "Mike Markowitz" <Mike Markowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Updating the Display Drivers didn't solve the problem, but I did get it
> > fixed:
> >
> > Apparently something in my Windows profile was corrupted, so I logged in
> > as
> > ADMIN, moved my existing profile to the C: drive, then logged in as me (to
> > create a new profile) and moved my PST files, favorites, documents, and
> > desktop to the new profile.  This solved the problem.
> >

> > "BillR [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> see if updating your display drivers helps.
> >>
> >> "Mike Markowitz" <Mike Markowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

0
Jammy (6)
3/19/2005 6:57:06 AM
I FIXED IT! MUCH EASIER SOLUTION ....!!!

Backup a copy of the folder C:\Docs & Sett\<username>\App Data\Msoft\Outlook
Delete all the files in the original folder.
Start Outlook and the PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!

"Jammy" wrote:

> BillR: Do you think there is an easier way to solve this. I have exactly the
> same problem and I hate to move profiles in case I mess something else up.
>
> "BillR [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > well, I would have never thought of that!
> > "Mike Markowitz" <Mike Markowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Updating the Display Drivers didn't solve the problem, but I did get it
> > > fixed:
> > >
> > > Apparently something in my Windows profile was corrupted, so I logged in
> > > as
> > > ADMIN, moved my existing profile to the C: drive, then logged in as me (to
> > > create a new profile) and moved my PST files, favorites, documents, and
> > > desktop to the new profile.  This solved the problem.

0
Jammy (6)
3/19/2005 7:15:02 AM
I fixed it with a much easier solution:

"Jammy" wrote:

> BillR: Do you think there is an easier way to solve this. I have exactly the
> same problem and I hate to move profiles in case I mess something else up.
>
> "BillR [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > well, I would have never thought of that!
> > "Mike Markowitz" <Mike Markowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Updating the Display Drivers didn't solve the problem, but I did get it
> > > fixed:
> > >
> > > Apparently something in my Windows profile was corrupted, so I logged in
> > > as
> > > ADMIN, moved my existing profile to the C: drive, then logged in as me (to
> > > create a new profile) and moved my PST files, favorites, documents, and
> > > desktop to the new profile.  This solved the problem.

0
Jammy (6)

Email Prompt
We would like to set up a prompt on Outlook whenever we create a new message or reply/forward a message. The reminder will be a short sentance to remind the sender to comply with internal security measures. We have very high security measures in place already, but we understand that employees still send sensitive material via email without taking the relevant steps - we hope this prompt would solve the issue without buying in a new system? See the ItemSent event. There use the MsgBox function to prompt the user. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Categor...

Crash on 'Send"

Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute everytime I compose or respond to a message
In OWA, Every time I try to compose or respond to a message, the Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute and asks for the CD. Unfortunately, this Office 2000 problem has come up again even after all the updates to Office 2000. Also I am having trouble logging out. When I hit the logoff button, it brings up a sign-in screen asking for ID & password again. Whether I cancel it or fill it in and type OK, it then gives me a screen that says "access denied". I never get a screen which says that logout was successful. I have the same problem here... From what I've s...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Opening Excel Workbooks

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

hyperlinking email addresses

Outlook 2003

cant start outlook pst file to large

Planned Open Market Days

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Incoming email slow to come in

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Outlook Express 6 w/multiple accounts

Pop Up Windows
Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? -- Larry "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0B01C98-66BF-4FA5-8CED-0C434CCCFC62@microsoft.com... > Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker > does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? > -- > Larry You don't. They LOOK like a pop up to you, but the designer that wrote the page made them not conform to the rules that define the...