email - incorrect time

The time recorded on all my incoming email is clearly and unequivocally
incorrect, by several hours. I haven't yet checked to see if my outgoing mail
is arriving at its assigned destination also with an incorrect time. My OS
(Vista) date/clock is showing the correct values. Can anyone explain why this
is happening and how I might resolve this issue?

I thought I was undecisive but now I''m not too sure

"Pompeygill" <Pompeygill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The time recorded on all my incoming email is clearly and unequivocally
> incorrect, by several hours. I haven't yet checked to see if my outgoing
> mail
> is arriving at its assigned destination also with an incorrect time. My OS
> (Vista) date/clock is showing the correct values. Can anyone explain why
> this
> is happening and how I might resolve this issue?
>

> I thought I was undecisive but now I''m not too sure

The clock might be right, but is the Time Zone?

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Gordon

My emails are going to and incoming from the same Time Zone, often less than
100 miles apart!

--

> Gordon
>
> My emails are going to and incoming from the same Time Zone, often less
> than
> 100 miles apart!

No, I didn't mean that. Have you checked the Time Zone that is set up in
your clock on your computer?

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

You are experiencing a problem with the "Time Zone". Check for:

    Machine Time zone (START, CONTROL PANEL, DATE & TIME)
    Outlook Time zone (TOOLS, OPTIONS, CALENDAR OPTIONS...
        button, and TIME ZONE)

Something is amiss! I would start with the Outlook Time Zone. I once
installed all my clients with "Tiajuana" time zone with a check mark on the
"Adjust for Daylight Savings Time", which was bad because here in
Arizona, we do not adjust for the DST (Daylight Savings Time).

Nikki Peterson

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
"Pompeygill" <Pompeygill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Gordon
>
> My emails are going to and incoming from the same Time Zone, often less
> than
> 100 miles apart!

No, I didn't mean that. Have you checked the Time Zone that is set up in
your clock on your computer?

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

list of emails into text file

Opening email causes slowdown
Whenever I open a message a process of svchost.exe starts running at near 100% of the CPU time. If I stop the process the system halts stating that the RPC service terminated unexpectedly. I have eleminated any other app such as virus checker, firewall, etc. as a possibile cause. This is Office 2003 with SP1 running on XP Home. Any suggestions? ...

how do i search for a specific time range in excel?
for example: i want to find items that are between 11:01 pm and 07:00 am Hi have you tried using a filter ('Data - filter')? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ultraman60 wrote: > for example: i want to find items that are between 11:01 pm and 07:00 > am =OR(MOD(A18,1)>TIME(23,1,0),MOD(A18,1)<=TIME(7,0,0)) or =OR(MOD(A18,1)>TIMEVALUE("23:01"), MOD(A18,1)<=TIMEVALUE("7:00")) --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: h...

Outlook 2002--How do I change account which email account is active?
I have a problem with a Outlook 2002 that makes me think the active account is corrupt. Each time I try to log onto ISP to get email, Outlook prompts me for the password. I have set the password through Windows software and when I log on thru Outlook, I keep checking the box to "remember password" but it doesn't. Now I'm getting connection errors that are not consistent and if I ignore them, I can still log on. This all makes me think maybe the account I'm using has become corrupt. How can I copy my User Files and then create a new account so I can delete the present acco...

Time phase sales based on award dollar amount.
At work we get awards over a year duration or so around 2M dollars. Sales start slow, ramp up, then descend. Some type of normal distribution. Sales are not just the average amount divided by the award. Is there some way I can setup a dollar value and period of performance to generate an estimated time phasing of sales for each month? On Apr 22, 5:27=A0pm, joe <cegarb...@gmail.com> wrote: > At work we get awards over a year duration or so around > 2M dollars. Sales start slow, ramp up, then descend. > Some type of normal distribution. Sales are not just the > average amoun...

Email #42
my incoming mail is being sent directly to my out box, why?? Hi, Try changing your Outlook profile. Regards, Subbu. --- Subramanian .S v-subs@online.microsoft.com Microsoft GPS This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Retracting email message already sent?
I remember someone at my company able to do this. He, inadvertently, sent out an email and was able to do this even thru the Internet. How did he do this? Is there something in Exchange that allowed this retraction? p.s: Is it possible also to do this in your yahoo email? Thanks. Exchange has "message recall", but it rarely works. I doubt it was able to work over the internet. Yahoo doesn't have message recall that I know of. Be careful before you hit Send. Zylan wrote: > I remember someone at my company able to do this. He, inadvertently, > sent out an email and was abl...

Multiple email entries
All of a sudden I'm sending and receiving 2-4 duplicate emails from and to everyone. No viruses onboard. Outlook 2003. Any ideas, folks? What AV do you have installed and is it set to check outgoing and incoming mail? Same question for firewall software? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Mike asked: | All of a sudden I'm sending and receiving 2...

NDR for fictitious email address
Hi, We are running Exchange 2000. We have recently started generating lots of NDR's. This is what I think is happening: Someone is spoofing our email address and using randomly generated variations on xyz@company.com to send spam/viruses etc. That mail is being rejected by other companies' mail servers . These companies generate an NDR which is posted to us . As there is no xyz@company.com etc we are generating numerous NDR's. Because we do get customers emailing us with slightly inaccurate email addresses we check all NDR's to make sure we're not missing out on anything...

outgoing email message won't send
Does anyone know what can be wrong? I have 2 email accounts coming into outlook express v6 but one of them won't send outgoing email. They will both receive messages but only 1 will send. Help??? srwsdw@intergate.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know what can be wrong? I have 2 email > accounts coming into outlook express v6 but one of them > won't send outgoing email. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

cant send email...
to whom it may concern, I am not able to send email using windows mail.i have in the past tried to send stuff with no luck and now trying to send video mail and keep getting this message: The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'previous correspondence',Account: 'POP3' , Server: 'SMTP' , Protocol: SMTP, Port:25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D If you could help me out i would greatly appreciate it "David Scott" <stickersmcqueen@liv...

how dod I NOT select multiple cells at the same time
in some of my worksheets, when i use the mouse to select 1 cell I end up highlighting 4 cells everytime. What setting do I need to change so that only the cell I click on gets selected. Try the F8 button. -- David Biddulph "ashleyb" <ashleyb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61456522-801C-42A9-8EBD-706369BB4BD1@microsoft.com... > in some of my worksheets, when i use the mouse to select 1 cell I end up > highlighting 4 cells everytime. What setting do I need to change so that > only the cell I click on gets selected. Hi, I p...

why cant i get emails from trademe anymore
they have just stopped all of a sudden and now i get no messages at all from them. Please Help Have you checked with them to see if they are still sending to you? If so, use the web mail interface for your mail service to make sure that the messages are not getting trapped in any spam folders. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "EMails not coming in" <EMails not coming in@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BEAABAF6-CEF5-4EBA-8179-5C252D9DAE7F@microsoft.com... > they have just stopped all of a sudden and now i get no messages at ...

External email is not being delivered to public folders
Hi all, External emails aren't being delivered to public folders, I have used message tracking centre and can't see the email appearing at all. I'm running Windows Server 2003 with Exchange Server 2003. Kind regards. Is the folder mail enabled? stokefan@gmail.com wrote: > Hi all, > > External emails aren't being delivered to public folders, I have used > message tracking centre and can't see the email appearing at all. > > I'm running Windows Server 2003 with Exchange Server 2003. > > Kind regards. Yes Typhoon thanks they are all mail en...

emailing as attachement?
I am not able to send an email as an attachment from within Excel or Word. I can send it to a recipient or route it, but that's it. The send as attachement isn't an option under "send to", but I've added it manually to the toolbar but it remains greyed out. I'm using Outlook Express 6 and Office 2000. Any Suggestions? it would be most appreciated! I found this and it worked for me... seems like others have had the same problem so many thanks to th original poster found elsewhere in these discussion groups! XL2002: "Send To Routing Recipient" Co...

Outlook Email Rules
I run Outlook on Win2000 and have version 9. Interested in making some particular email rules. Can one make a rule that includes some things and excludes other things? For example: I would like to make the following rule: If "A" is in the subject and ("B" is in the body and "C" is NOT in the body and "D" is NOT in the body) place this email in some folder. I'm not all that familiar with compound rules. Multiple rules can be applied sequentially. I just set them up one by one until I have everything I want accomplished. "Mark" &...

Outlook 2003 not connecting to POP/Email server on startup
On occasions Outlook, when I start it doesn't connect to my email servers. I have to click on Send/Receive in order to download new messages. It doesn't happen all the time, only occasionally. What settings do I look for to see what could be causing this? Thanks. Your Send/Receive settings, of course. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Snapper" <snapper1@y7mail.com> wrote in message news:4814ece6$0$1532$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com... > On occasions Outlook, when I start it doesn't connect to my email servers. > I have to click on Send/Receive in order to...

Email Tracking
Hey guys, I would like to track all inbound / outbound emails but only when there is a contact for that email address inside our CRM. The track all inbound messages (tools, options) tracks all inbound messages regardless. The issue is we don't want personal emails stored in our CRM. Is this functionality possible with CRM? Cheers! ...

Why Email attachments don't get to 1 user
What would cause all emails from my PC that have an attachment (jpg or pdf) to always get to one other PC minus the attachment, though a second receiver of the same email is then able to successfully forward that email with the attachment to that same PC? Details: I've checked that both receiving PC's are set up identically in OUTLOOK, XP, critical updates, Norton Anti-Virus and Zone Alarm. The PC that doesn't get my attachments has no trouble getting attachments from evryone else. My emails containing attachments show up on that PC as "Content-Type: multipart/mixed...

Using Send To>Email Recipient tool
When trying to send (typically word docs) in this method from Outlook 2K, some users hit the send button and nothing happens. They can click and click and click on Send all day long but the message just sits there not sent. Any ideas on how to fix this? TIA! Jon does it work with Alt+S? It happens because another program is causing the send button not to work. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: ...

Formats: Should be Duration MM:SS, but is really Time (12:30:00 AM) #2
Thanks for the reply it does help some, but the issue is a littl different. It's not that I want to keep the data in a time format or do an calculations based on the time, but rather I want to separate th minutes and seconds on a per instance basis. The export lists 00:30 as MM:SS, but when highlighted it reads 12:30:0 AM, and I know that the 00:30 is really only a 30 second entry, but can't get that separated out of the cell without changing the data. It is definitely an odd issues. Thanks, Tbon -- Tbon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Tbo...

Accessing Email
How can I only let users access their email from owa? I do not want them to be able to access their email with outlook or any other pop3 or imap program, they should only be able to access through OWA? Thanks in advance. "Victor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I only let users access their email from owa? I do >not want them to be able to access their email with >outlook or any other pop3 or imap program, they should >only be able to access through OWA? Thanks in advance. You can disable the protocol at various levels, the user, the s...

"Emailed Contacts" folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap What is this folder and can it be deleted from the folders list? <FONT FACE="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:11pt'>On 4/29/10 8:53 AM, in article <a href="59bb7aa8.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0">59bb7aa8.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0</a>, &quot;<a href="salientis@officeformac.com">salientis@officeformac.com</a>&quot; <<a href="salientis@officeformac.com">salientis@officeformac....

Recover old emails
I re-installed windows and outlook. Will I be able to recover my old emails? Thanks Bryan Assuming both installs were default installations, in OL File/Open/Personal Folders, exact wording may depend on version of OL, browse for pst. If not default installation, or yr reinstall of win* was a clean install, search for *.pst to include hidden, to determin pst path. "Bryan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a74801c4880d$cebc8430$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I re-installed windows and outlook. Will I be able to > recover my old emails? > > Thanks...

Setup of email aliasing
I'd like to confirm something I think is possible, but want to verify and how to set it up. I have a customer that wants to setup the following, and ensure that no user can change their individual settings: 1. One incoming email address, say incoming@example.com, which gets redirected to all individual users, including one unused user for archival purposes. 2. On all users but one, when the user replies to a message, the from is altered to be incoming@example.com. For example, if janedoe@example.com replies to a message, the exchange server re-writes the from as incoming@examp...