Email Id and Pass everytime I send/receive?

Everytime I send and receive email in Outlook it
prompts me for my server id and password.  I input my pass
and then click remember pass but it does not remember the
pass thus prompting me everytime I hit send and receive.
I do not experience this issue with Outlook Express.  Any
thoughts on how I can resolve this issue with Outlook?
ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED :-)

0
anonymous (74722)

There have been several recent issues with passwords not being retained with
Outlook.  If you're running Outlook 2002, the SP1 solves many of these, so
start there.  If not, here are some other solutions:

For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684

For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000:
(CW) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275465
(IMO) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259416

For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (note, this article is written for OE
but the solution applies to Outlook as well.  Just ignore the parts that
refer to OE):
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;264672

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:013501c3d559$9cc9eab0$a601280a@phx.gbl,
Gary wrote:

> Everytime I send and receive email in Outlook it
> prompts me for my server id and password.  I input my pass
> and then click remember pass but it does not remember the
> pass thus prompting me everytime I hit send and receive.
> I do not experience this issue with Outlook Express.  Any
> thoughts on how I can resolve this issue with Outlook?
> ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED :-)

I had a similar problem with Outlook.  I checked "remember password" but it would ask me to enter it every time I started Outlook.  It's a registry problem, downloading service packs usually won't solve it..  Use the following article to solve it:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;259416

good luck,
Eric