email groups

I have tried to send group emails of approx 40 names from my outlook
address book......I got bounce backs from 12 the first time I sent and
12 additional names the second time...they are from different domains

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: Probe failed: Illegal To: address (invalid domain name):
'rita311@optonline.net'

this is the message I get....can anyone help ?

Regards

Angelo39

HTML formatted email
I am about to convert a newsletter that I have over to HTML format and need to get smarter about this in a hurry. In my early rounds of testing, some people receive the newsletter just fine and others only see text. Of those who only see text, I have verified that they are capable of receiving (and have received) other email in HTML format. Can somebody point me to a tutorial somewhere on the web about controlling HTML formats? Rick A. Pleasanton, CA ...

adding a new email address format
We currently use firstinitial then lastname as an email address such as tuser@company.com. I need to add firstname.lastname to all users such as tomuser@company.com. What is the easiest way to accomplish this? Is there a script or something? Add it to your default recipient policy and apply it. It will update all mail-enabled objects with the new address. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Brandon" <whocares@you.com> wrote in message news:eOxOSzZhGHA.764@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx....

New DLLs from Tools group
Currently I am using DLL called RetrieveGlobals.dll which gives all the connection information. I really love this one. Is there any new version to support 8.0? I am looking for another dll which I can use to post my batches automaticaly. (We get several Receivable and Payable batches from other systems). Is there any place I can find all the availabe dll's from Tools group. Appriciate your help. Thank You, Vishnu ...

Custom OWA interface per user or group
Is it possible to change features available to users on an OWA page based on group membership or a per user basis. What I am trying to accomplish is to limit certain users ability to do things or see things on the OWA page. For 90% of my users I want them to see and be able to use everything the Premium OWA site has to offer with no restrictions. But for some users, I want to remove the Options page link, remove the delete button, etc... Things like this. Also, how can I prevent these users from deleting items in their own mailbox. These are low grade users and I don't want them to...

grouping mails based "read" status
I want to group mails based on the read status. UnRead mails should b one group and read messages in another group. I searched for th "Customizing Views", but I could not figure. Any idea from the group? Ramesh ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't think you can group by read status. You could sort by the Icon column... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to t...

Dist. List to External Contacts/Email Addresses
Win. 2003 Domain in Native Mode w/Exch. 2003 in Native Mode. I want to create a dist. list in our global address list to external contacts/email addresses. I can create contacts in Active Directory adding the external SMTP email address. I can create a dist. list in AD w/Exchange mailbox and add those external contacts as Members. But when I try to send email to dist. list I get an error that e-mail address could not be found 5.1.0. Must I also create Exchange mailboxes for those external contacts? In that case I must manage licenses for outside contacts, which doesn't seem r...

IIS restart and lost emails being resent
Today I restarted the IIS service (FYI: we do not run SMTP in IIS) on our exchange server. After it restarted my users in the domain and external parties started receiving emails from our server dated as far back as 7 months old! They were random, and both internal and external parties received these emails and the sender was random also, being an external or domain sender. I can not understand why this occured. my exchange queues were empty before the restart, but I don't belive they are linked to the IIS serevr? Does anybody have a clue as to why this happened? Server: Windows 200...

JPG files that are emailed to me are fuzzy
Hi! I publish a community newsletter using Publisher. Sometimes, when I ask advertisers to email me their ads as jpg files they are very fuzzy. Should I be asking them to send them in a different format? Does it matter if they are sending them from a MAC and I'm using a PC? HELP? LaAaura Laura <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! >I publish a community newsletter using Publisher. Sometimes, when I ask >advertisers to email me their ads as jpg files they are very fuzzy. Not when viewed, but when printed, RIGHT? Printing normally requires a 300dpi im...

Email a Merged Worksheet or just required cells
XP Prof. Office 2003 Please help; I have created a Purchase Order Workbook. Two worksheets; ws1 holds the spreadsheet information (which is entered via a Userform). ws2 Is a friendly, easy layout form which shows one selected order looks like a paper order & simply calls the cell information from ws1 by row (unique No.). I can print this information (B8:L34) and everything works well. I would like to be able to email an order and as you can simply do this by viewing the desired order, selecting "file/send to/mail recipient/this sheet only" I would think that creat...

why would a legitimate email going in junk email folder
Hi There, A coulpe of our users have received the same email and on both computers it has gone into the outlook junk email folder. I have checked the block senders and the address isn't listed in their and i cannot see any reason to why it has been blocked. This is a tottally legitimate email and they have had no problems receiving other messages from this particular sender. Any thoughts David Could be words in the subject or body. The junk filters inner workings are quite hidden... "David" <wibble@wobble.com> wrote in message news:#XqYvSZdJHA.5540@TK2MSFTNGP05...

Email to Calendar in Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2003 I want to drag email messages to the calendar shortcut to create a new appointment with the email in the notes field. This is working fine with plain text messages, but not with HTML messages. I receive no error message when I try to drag an HTML email message to the calendar shortcut, but it doesn't do anything. It doesn't create a new appointment. What do I need to do to allow HTML email messages to be dragged to the calendar to create a new appointment? I'm using Windows XP Pro in a domain with Exchange 2000. Eric ...

Emailing from CRM
I want to be able to email a client from crm but I do not want clients to email into crm. Is there a way if I install the Exchange Email router to limit which way we would like to send or receive traffic. -Thank You Jolene, There is a patch you can get from MS that will allow you to turn off the GUID that gets put on the subject for an outbound email. If you do this, the response won't automatically be routed into CRM. Matt "Jolene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01e001c39d8e$ce45e5b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... I want to be able to email a c...

Identifying alias receiving an email
Hi, We are currently in the process of cleaning up all the unused alias from our exchange server. We were wondering if there is a method of validating which alias is actually in the "send to". For example, if a user has three aliases userA@domain.com, userB@domain.com, userC@domain.com, how can we be sure that the userC@domain.com alias is no longer in use (ie. no longer receiving emails). Thanks a lot Marc Tomkinson By the way, we are running Exchange 2003. Check your smtp logs. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ---------------------------...

email question #5
Outlook 2007 / Vista Home Premium Not even certain I know how to ask this one. I have moved my pst from Outlook on one PC to Outlook on another. Both are Outlook 2007. For some reason - maybe by design - my email settings did not accompany the pst file (although all email messages already received DID transfer). I set up a new account so I can get email and it works perfectly. My problem is I now have 2 accounts(?) in the Outlook that my pst was transferred to - one named as the original pst and one created when I created a new email account. What I want is one pst with the email setti...

my cursor jumps around in my Office Outlook email program..why?
Can anyone help? My cursor is constantly jumping around the page while I am writing emails... (twice just while I was writing this...its making me crazy!) Using a laptop with a touchpad? codycuts wrote: > Can anyone help? My cursor is constantly jumping around the page while I am > writing emails... > (twice just while I was writing this...its making me crazy!) Does it jump in other programs? Do you have a microphone connected and turned on? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center...

Word as Email Editor + Smart Tags + Bad Attachment to URL
When sending out an email message without any attachment through Outlook 2002 with Word as my email editor, I received the following Returned mail message: "This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason: Your message was rejected for the following reason: 5.7.1 The message sent matches a message profile of a virus. Message Rejected. (Bad Attachment (3Dplace downloadurl=3Dhttp://www.5iantlavalamp.com))" After verifying that I had the latest virus def files from Nortons and scanned my computer, it returned no virus. I also searched Symantec site to see if a...

Not receiving emails #2
I am sending email from my Exchange server correctly, but it is not receiving any emails for some reason. 1) Can anyone point me to a troubleshooting guide? 2) Is there a way to see if mail is entering the Exchange server directly? Thanks, Scott Hi Scott, 1. The following section of the Exchange Server Transport and routing guide may be of some help. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3TransnRouting/32e85e48-1a58-46c3-8f0d-f94df467ad41.mspx 2. Check the queues and message tracking, What happends when you telnet to port 25 of your Exchange server?...

Server Local Group Auditing Question
This script is modified from web to perform auditing of local server groups and their members. Since I have to do this on a large number of servers I would like the results written to a Access Database instead of on large text file. Since I am fairly new to powershell and scripting I dont know how to do this. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. ######################## #Functions ######################## $arrExclude = "NT AUTHORITY\LocalService", "NT AUTHORITY\Local Service", "NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE", ...

Can I group by year or month(when message received)in my inbox?
I need to group my received mails by date and then by sender. Can I do this by year or month, or I can only do this with the exact date+time. Thanks in advance! Regards! Balint You could add a formular field that displays the year of the ReceivedDate property, but you can't group or sort by such a field. The only way is to add a custom field and fill it by using VBA code. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sending Account Manager: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> ...

email can't find host
my email can't find a host -keep getting error message Thanks for sharing. "courtney" <courtneycrowl@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:F0A33ACF-7064-4132-883C-68D6215DB77F@microsoft.com... > my email can't find a host -keep getting error message Well, don't keep the error message a secret. Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/van...

I receive all email links with a blocked in front of it. How can
All emails received if they contain links are always preceded by the word blocked. This is very bad especially when the link is in form of a pic file. I need help resolving this issue. Thanks "Juan" <Juan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BEAF174-E6D4-47FC-8AC2-914DC56804CE@microsoft.com... > All emails received if they contain links are always preceded by the word > blocked. This is very bad especially when the link is in form of a pic > file. > I need help resolving this issue. Thanks Sounds like that's some sort of third-pa...

Can't hide email address
I use a third party email address. In fact it is snoop@usa.net. Everything was fine until recently. When I send and email it shows my flapdoodle address. I don't want any address to show there. Because I have the reply to address as the snoop address, all replies do come to the right address. Is there anyway to configure Outlook 2002 so my "real address" doesn't show behind my name in the emails I send? It worked before but cannot get the samething now. Don't know what changed. Thanks for your help! Ann Do you have the comcast address mentioned anywhere in t...

Group By Received
Is there a way to group received emails by the day received? When I do a Group by Receive I end up with a bunch of groups with 1 item in each, because the Group By received includes both the day and the time. Is there a way to group received emails by the day received? When I do a Group by Receive I end up with a bunch of groups with 1 item in each, because the Group By received includes both the day and the time. ...

Recovery Storage Group #18
I am trying to restore a mailbox on Exchange 2003 server using Recovery Storage Group. I created the RSG, restored the Mail Box store. After this I was not able to mount the store (error c1041724). So I found an article (245494) which talks about running eseutil /cc from Exchsrve\Bin directory. When I follow this article, I am getting this error message: Operation terminate with error -939586631 What could be wrong? TIA On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 13:02:15 -0800, Sam <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to restore a mailbox on Exchange 2003 server using Recovery >S...

remove hyperlink from group of entries
Hello All, Is there a way to remove hyperlinks from a group of cells? I know you can reight click on a cell that has text that links to anotehr documents or website. But can you select an entire group of cells that are like that (that have links to other sites) and remove the the hyperlinks at one time instead of each cell individually? Thanks for any information you can provide. Raymond Raymond, You can select the cells and go to: Edit (menu) | Clear | Contents Every selected cell is cleared. - or - Try the Free Excel add-in "XL Extras" as it only removes hyperlinks; t...