Email from MSN or Hotmail Does Not Appear in Favorite Folders\Inbox (OL 2003)

Hi MSN Email Users
I need help on reconfiguring my Outlook navigation page. I have subscribed
email accounts to Hot Mail and MSN. Until a recent system crash the incoming
messages would appear in the Inbox in Favorite Folders.
After restoring the system The email accounts for HM & MSN appear with all
relevant sub folders in the Navigation Pane the individual inboxes work OK
No incoming email appears in the Inbox in Favorite Folders, which seems to
have become useless. I have verified the outlook 2003 Installation and it is
reported OK
I had been thinking of upgrading to outlook 2007 with the trial edition
first but think that would be a mistake if the "003 is not working properly
Is the problem due to using the MSN outlook connector which self installed
as part of the verification of the program after the crash?
Does one have to have the favorite folders and the individual accounts
shown? I would be happy with one or the other!
--
John Butler

0
onclejon (26)

Are those two inboxes on the favorites list? if not, right click on them and
choose add to favorites.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"John Butler" <onclejon@nospammsn.com> wrote in message
> Hi MSN Email Users
> I need help on reconfiguring my Outlook navigation page. I have subscribed
> email accounts to Hot Mail and MSN. Until a recent system crash the
> incoming messages would appear in the Inbox in Favorite Folders.
> After restoring the system The email accounts for HM & MSN appear with all
> relevant sub folders in the Navigation Pane the individual inboxes work OK
> No incoming email appears in the Inbox in Favorite Folders, which seems to
> have become useless. I have verified the outlook 2003 Installation and it
> is reported OK
> I had been thinking of upgrading to outlook 2007 with the trial edition
> first but think that would be a mistake if the "003 is not working
> properly
> Is the problem due to using the MSN outlook connector which self installed
> as part of the verification of the program after the crash?
> Does one have to have the favorite folders and the individual accounts
> shown? I would be happy with one or the other!
> --
> John Butler

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Attaching Contacts to new email

What's the rootname appearing in System Manager
Hello, I am looking at a SBS server in a domain called "whatever.nl", with a computername "win2003". When I open the System Manager, the top element is called "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is this a default name, or something chosen during installation of Exchange? Also, when I open Server Management, under advanced management there's a node for the Exchange System Manager, however the name is "First Organization (Exchange)". When I highlight it, the name changes to "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is that normal? -M Hi, the name of the to...

OWA 2003 prompting to install office?
Hello, We have a single server environment: Windows 2003, Exchange 2003, OWA 2003. Some users are having problems using OWA. When trying to compose a new message, or forward a received message, they are prompted to install some missing feature of Outlook 2000 (DATA1.MSI).. Any idea what is causing this?! Thanks, Troy Hi Troy, Take a look at.. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/12/i_hope_youve_ ha.html "Have you wondered why, when you first use OWA 2000 and 2003, and click the New Message icon to create a new message, the Office Installer is fired-up and you're p...

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

invalid email address

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003