Email does not post in the Inbox until click on a different folder

I have a machine that is running on Windows XP and has
Outlook 2000 installed.

Everything seems to be working properly except no email
comes or leaves without clicking on a different folder
than the inbox.

If the inbox has focus no mail will arrive. If you click
on a different folder and change the focus, the emails
will arrive.

If you compose a new mail message and click send, the
message goes to the outbox and stops. If you click on a a
different folder than the one that has focus the mail
will go out.

I have run the office repair. I have removed office and
re-installed it with no change.

Other machines in the building are fine.

Help!
0
anonymous (74722)

I'm still having this problem; if anyone can help.

"Robert" wrote:

> I have a machine that is running on Windows XP and has
> Outlook 2000 installed.
>
> Everything seems to be working properly except no email
> comes or leaves without clicking on a different folder
> than the inbox.
>
> If the inbox has focus no mail will arrive. If you click
> on a different folder and change the focus, the emails
> will arrive.
>
> If you compose a new mail message and click send, the
> message goes to the outbox and stops. If you click on a a
> different folder than the one that has focus the mail
> will go out.
>
> I have run the office repair. I have removed office and
> re-installed it with no change.
>
> Other machines in the building are fine.
>
> Help!

0
Robert4087 (350)
10/1/2004 9:11:09 PM
OL2000: You Cannot Receive New E-mail Notifications in Environments That Use
the Network Address Translation
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304849&Product=out2K

                                                    Or

Windows XP-Based Clients Do Not Receive "New Mail" Notification Messages
After You Install Service Pack 1
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815052&Product=out2K

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After a lot of head-scratching, Robert asked:

| I have a machine that is running on Windows XP and has
| Outlook 2000 installed.
|
| Everything seems to be working properly except no email
| comes or leaves without clicking on a different folder
| than the inbox.
|
| If the inbox has focus no mail will arrive. If you click
| on a different folder and change the focus, the emails
| will arrive.
|
| If you compose a new mail message and click send, the
| message goes to the outbox and stops. If you click on a a
| different folder than the one that has focus the mail
| will go out.
|
| I have run the office repair. I have removed office and
| re-installed it with no change.
|
| Other machines in the building are fine.
|
| Help!

0
MillyS (3228)

Problems with creating a newsletter

Inbox send/receive syncronizing

open two different Access reports

Offline folder problems #2

Single click selects multiple cells

Public Folder link to Excel File

Sending Email #6

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Mailboxsize is different
hi! i've got a crazy problem. when you look at the mailboxes in the exchange system manager, then you see, e.g. user xy with 220 mb mailboxsize. but when you look at the outlook, then the mailbox size is only 150 mb. but there are no filters or something else activated. and the problem is on the local outlook and on the terminalserver outlook. i hope someone has a solution about my problem. thanks. stefan ...

Right clicking on a CListCtrl item
I have a TreeCtl object in a dialog box. I created an OnNMRclick.. override function to capture a right clicks. The problem I can't figure out is how to find the tree item that the user has right clicked on. Here's what I tried: void CRestoreFiles::OnNMRclickXYZ(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) POINT CurPos; TVHITTESTINFO lpht; HTREEITEM RightClickItem; GetCursorPos(&CurPos); lpht.pt = CurPos; RightClickItem = TreeView_HitTest(pNMHDR->hwndFrom,&lpht); ... I figured that GetCursorPos would give me the position of the cursor where I had right clicke...

test post
please delete this post ...

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...