Email display problem

I've lost the "to" and "from" lines from the emails I've received - how do I
put them back?

thanks!

--
Michael Abraham
Toronto, Canada

0
bparris (1)

Put them back where, exactly?  Where are they missing from?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

In news:%23whdIyAmDHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Michael Abraham wrote:

> I've lost the "to" and "from" lines from the emails I've received -
> how do I put them back?
>
> thanks!

Email Addresses not populating after creating new user
We are running SBS2003. After creating several new users, it is not populating the Email Addresses tab under the users properties. I have the checkbox for "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" checked and I have also tried to force apply the global recipient rules in Exchange Manager, but none of that is working. I think this is also the reason why Outlook is not able to resolve this users name when I try to connect their Outlook to the exchange server. Brian The problem could be that the Recipient Update Service cannot update the users becau...

Exchange 2003 Adding a footer to outgoing emails
Hello All, Anyone know of a way to add a footer to all outbound emails in Exchange 2003 Thanks Mark Hi Mark You can do it via an Event Sink as detailed in these articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317327 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317680 Or use a third-party app. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mark S." <mslater_nospam@m-e-c.com> wrote in message news:%23QMqSEnSFHA.3492@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello All, &g...

Problem in Service Calendar....
CRM 4.0 Create a Service Activity in CRM through your Service Calendar for a specific date and resource. It now appears in Service Calendar and that is perfectly okay. Now open this service activity and change the date to some other date. Service Calendar does not get refreshed and Service activity still appears on the old date. Closing/Opening the whole application does not help. It appears but only after few hours. Sounds like a bug??? Badri Hi Badri, Just to tell you that we have the same problem. I've created a post last week about that, but had no answer til now http://www.micro...

Problem displaying images
Hello, I have a question regarding pasted images in Word 2003. When I want to place a picture/image using copy-paste I get a shaded gray reference (like html code or location path) instead of the picture. I can only see the actual picture on the document when I select Print Layout, but not in any other layout (normal, reading, etc). The image does print, but how can I make Word display the image under any layout view? It used to do it, I am not sure what I changed on it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Press Alt+F9 to toggle the display from field codes (what you're seeing)...

Outlook 2003: Copy Full Names to email display Names
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000. I believe 2000 used to choose email addresses based on the Full Name field. 2003 appears to choose based on the Email Display name. Most of my email Display Names are just the email addresses. What is the easiest way to copy the Full Name to the email Display Name? What do you mean by "choose email addresses?" The Display Name has varied with each version of Outlook, but it is of no consequence. What makes you think it is? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "orbojeff" <jeff.callahan@orbograph.com> wrote in message new...

Email Campaign with Attachments
Dear Community I've follwing problem, how can i attach e file to e email when i create a campaign (not a quick campaign!) over WEB an Outlook client ??? Can anyone give me a solution wich is usable for daily business ??? Thanx for all answers Marcel please save the campaign first, then you can attach the file. "Marcel" wrote: > Dear Community > > I've follwing problem, how can i attach e file to e email when i create a > campaign (not a quick campaign!) over WEB an Outlook client ??? > > Can anyone give me a solution wich is usable for daily busine...

Problems with importing leads
I have to import 700 leads into MSCRM, so I decided to run a test on 10 of them. From a csv file I imported to leads mapping the fields. When the leads are imported more leads show up than were on the spreadsheet, some import correctly and others don't. For example, 1 lead turns into 2 and the data isn't in the correct field. Any suggestions?? Thanks. you need to validate the initial data in the csv file. For example if you have carriage return characters in a cell in the spreadsheet which you export to the csv file. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrm...

Connection problem with 60 day trial
This is a follow-up to a message I sent earlier today. I reveived a different error message: Error message: "Outlook Send/Receive Progress" "Task 'Account A – Sending' reported error ()x800CCC92): Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts." I made a change in my password, and that caused something to happen. Microsoft sent a test message to Account A and that was received by Account A. I then tried sending a message from Outlook to Account A and a second test ...

MSM Plus performance problem
I recently upgraded from MSM2006 to MSM Plus... the installation went well and overall the new version is working good except for one MAJOR problem... Any time I go to the "home page" of MSM Plus, it takes anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for the screen to display the information and sections (like account, budget, cash flow, etc). In MSM2006, going to the home page never took more than 30 seconds. Anyone expereince this same problem or have any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, MikeP wrote: >I recently upgraded from MSM2006 to MSM Plus... the installation went >well an...

sp2 problem with hotmail
I just installed SP2 for exchange 2003 on my exchange 2003. The problem I that is that my exchange server does not seem to receive any mail fom Hotmail server which it could prior to updating SP2 (dont' know why). I then went to \\exchange\mailroot\vsi1\UceArchive Folder, there are so many hotmail account archived by IMF2. How can I fix this problem by allowing internal staff being able to receive mail from Hotmail aacount ?? Thanks Did you configure IMF? You may have turned on the anti-spam features. Nue "hh" <hh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E1...

email problems
I am getting the following error message when I try to acces my email. Please advise. Thank you. An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x80004005 In your browser go to http://mail.yahoo.com and log in to that account. Then clean out all the folders in your webmail. If you want to save any messages, create a new folder and move those messages to the new folder. Empty the spam and thrash folders also. Close webmail, then try Windows Mail again. Gary ...

Code to display random records in form
I have a database and these are my tables. tblReference ReferenceID Question tblAnswer AnswerID ReferenceID Question GivenAnswer On my form I have a start button, which I’d like to add a code to, so when the user clicks it a random record from the Question field of tblReference will be displayed in the first field of the form; Below that field will be an empty field to give an answer. Next to the start button I have a continue button. I’d like to add code to this button, so when it’s pressed a new record will get created in tblAnswer that contains the question ...

Cash Flow Doesn't Display #2
Folks - Any ideas on how to get Cash Flow to start displaying? (Money 2007 Deluxe) I've followed the KB Q312814 article doing one run of manual deleting each Bill -- didn't work and then the mass Bills delete under repair -- didn't work either. Even though the Bill summary is empty, Cash Flow screen doesn't come up. I have run through the Standard Repair. (Don't have/use Budget or Debt Reduction) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! -- Dale. ...

multiple emails #3
Hey does anyone know why outlook is sending multiple emails to my distribution list? Please help it's really annoying my clients. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook-Duplicates.asp -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:052f01c3b25b$d0974b10$a401280a@phx.gbl, Jim wrote: > Hey does anyone know why outlook is sending multiple > emails to my distribution list? Please help it's really &...

Export email profiles
I have a client that is getting a new computer. I can move the pst file from one system to the other. However, this doesn't move the email address and settings. I understand that the settings are kept in the registry. Is there a way to export the email accounts and then import them on the new computer. In OE, we can export the email accounts and then reimport them on the new system. Is there a way to do this with Outlook 2003? Thanks, Joe Are the machines both running Outlook 2003? Will the user's .pst files be in the same location? If yes, to both, you should be able to use ...

Problem with refunds
One or two times a week, when doing a refund to a credit card, after you tender the refund, the POS will suddenly quit. After checking the batch, the transaction is in there, but if you look in the journal, the receipt is blank with nothing on it. Any ideas? Can you see a credit card number associated with the refund under the SO Manager> Reports> Miscellaneous> Electronic Draft Capture Detailed, then generate for the data specified (when you know you saw this happen) and see if anything is listed for a cc number in the report. Additionally, are you guys running some kind...

Lookup() problem
I set up two lists, 200 employees names and 200 employee numbers. A couple of the numbers match the correct names but the rest of the numbers all pull the same employee name. =LOOKUP(C4,List!C4:C204,List!B4:B204) The first time I tried it seemed to pull the correct matching names and numbers then kabui it gets stuck. I tried deleting the entire lists cells and all and starting over but same thing. Anyone ever run into this before? Wayman Don't forget! When using Lookup(), the vector (second argument) must be sorted in ascending order. If it's not, you'll get what you ca...

SQL Question and Form Field Displays
Can some one please give me a bit of advice on how to accomplish the following: I have two tables (called Questions and Answers). The Questions table has five records, each with a unique question_Number field (from 1 - 5). I have created a query that pulls in all five Question records based on their primary key field and I am able to sequentially display all five records in my form. The Answers table has a single record that is associated with the records on the Question table by referencing the primary key field. The Problem: 1. I want the single Answer record to appear with each indivi...

CComboBox GetDlgItemText problem!
Hi ! I'm writing a little program with a CComboBox that I insert some options in (it's a drop list style) using CComboBox::InsertItem(int,lpctstr); _but_ , when I try, for exemple, to retreive the string value of the item X, I get an empty string... For exemple, CString szTmp; CComboBox::InsertItem(0, "test"); CComboBox::GetDlgItemText(0, szTmp); Now if I check the value of szTmp, it's empty :( I can get the _current_ selected string, for exemple the user actually select in the drop list "test" then I use CComboBox::GetWindowText to retreive "test...

Country, Phone and email showing inthe Bill to or Ship To fields
When we set a customer in Store Operations POS we need to verify some extra information in the Bill to and Ship to windows for shipping purposes. Is there a way to display the Country, Phone number and the email address in these windows? At the very least we need to be able to see the country. Had a similar issue a few months ago where I needed to see customer email, phone, available balance, and account number - but the white boxes "bill to" and "ship to" aren't editable, so I got assistance on this newsgroup (think it was Jerry Data - thanks Jerry) on editing...

Html emails stripped down to plain text
I have two users for the company I work for that are trying to send html formatted emails to eachother they are using Outlook 2003. Now I know all the security issues and stuff that comes with it but they are the bosses and thats what they want. So when User A sends an email to User B the html is stripped out and its put into plain text. But when User B gets html emails from others they can see it in html. User A can recieve and read html emails from User B just fine. So my question is who has the problem User A or User B and what is the problem? Then how do you fix that problem? Thanks,...

Easily change smtp servers for all email-accounts
People, I got my laptop with me basically everywhere I go, but I find it totally annoying that I have to change the smtp-server settings for each and every account when wanting to send mail from a different location than the time before. I have about 15 accounts that I regularly recieve email to and ehwn I reply to these I always have to change the smtp-server. Is there a way to fix this easily for all accounts? Best regards, Henning Frettem Oslo, Norway I should probably mention that I run MS Office 2002 SP3 ...

Can CRM send Email without exchange?
Hi all, I asked this question the other day, but I re-read my post and it made no sense! Hence no replies I guess. My questions (put a bit more eloqantly) are: 1) Do you HAVE to use exchange to fire out an email? Can it be handled through CRM? Surely it's just pushing out SMTP traffic, but knowing MS this answer is going to be "no you must have exchange" 2) Can CRM be configured to use mailbox enabled user accounts that dont have the upn of the domain that the crm machine is in. As far as I can see, if you add the user into CRM by it's pre 2K name ie domain\username it wi...

display and store values in a textbox
I want to display the Cost Centre in a text box on a data entry from and when the user saves the record, I want it to be recorded in the relevant field. This Cost Centre is selected from a combo box on a login form and it is being passed on to the text box of the data entry form. I know that this topic has been discussed previously and usually the inquirers are adviced to use a subform or not to re-save the data. But in my case both options are not possible. I set up a dummy text box and used the following code to write data to the relevant field.(with control source of txtDummy set t...

Corrupt emails when using multipart content types
I am running Exchange 2003 with latest SPs and am running into a very strange problem. When we receive certain emails, the contents of the messages have been corrupted. Exclamation points (!) seem to appear randomly in the text (usually an exclamation point followed by a space). The messages both contain HTML and TEXT content, the header is: Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_365D_01C59758.21CA9D10" The text version content type is: ------=_NextPart_000_365D_01C59758.21CA9D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Tr...